Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? (3519 Views)

A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2015
Am a Christian and I have my own understanding on this. But am interested in your explanations. So go ahead...

(No blasphemers please, or the Angel of God will do the same to anyone who does that here.) I can't stand that.

Consider;

Psalms 17:13,14 -

Arise O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
KJV.

Now go ahead,
johnydon22:

Isaiah 45:7
Jubilee Bible 2000
I form the light and create darkness; I make peace and create evil: I am
the LORD that does all this.
King James 2000 Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create calamity: I
the LORD do all these things.
American King James Version
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the
LORD do all these things.
American Standard Version
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am
Jehovah, that doeth all these things.
Douay-Rheims Bible
I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the
Lord that do all these things.
Now ask me again from whence evil came!!! grin
Am a Christian and I have my own understanding on this. But am interested in your explanations. So go ahead...

(No blasphemers please, or the Angel of God will do the same to anyone who does that here.) I can't stand that.

Consider;

Arise O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
KJV.

Now go ahead,
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Rexnegro(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2015
evil and bad came after Satan was jealous of God n left heaven for his own ministry of doing bad and confusing mankind up and down...and because God is so merciful HE didn't do anything which Satan knows,if not Satan no reach Baba God to handle na. My take anyway.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2015
muafrika:

Consider;

KJV.

Now go ahead,
God created you and give you freewill to worship Him or reject Him,God will not interfere in your decisions,if YOU CHOOSE to do evil it's your choice.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 9:32am On Feb 22, 2015
muafrika:

Consider;

KJV.

Now go ahead,
God created you and give you freewill to worship Him or reject Him,God will not interfere in your decisions,if YOU CHOOSE to do evil it's your choice.God allow evil to exits for man to have two option between good and evil.freewill without two option is partial freewill.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Beamborla(f): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2015
Freewill! He is not an imposing God. And that makes him God... the freewill he has given to man to either obey or disobey right from creation.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2015
muafrika:

Consider;

KJV.

Now go ahead,

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 9:51am On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

I form the light, and create darkness: I
make peace, and create evil: I the
LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7,

However, evil is not really a created
thing. You can't see, touch, feel, smell or
hear evil. It is not one of the
fundamental forces of physics, nor does
it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe. Still, skeptics like to claim that God created evil and cite the Bible to "prove" their point. The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of doing so.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
make peace,[size=20]and create evil[/size]: I the

it consist of matter, energy, or the spatial dimensions of the universe. Still, skeptics like to claim that God created evil and cite the Bible to "prove" their point. The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of doing so.

[size=20] ok [/size] grin

1 Like

Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by onetrack(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
The Bible is quite clear that God is not the author of evil and insists that He is incapable of doing so.

Then you admit that god is not all-powerful.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 22, 2015
Rexnegro:
evil and bad came after Satan was jealous of God n left heaven for his own ministry of doing bad and confusing mankind up and down...and because God is so merciful HE didn't do anything which Satan knows,if not Satan no reach Baba God to handle na. My take anyway.

Jealousy is also from the side of evil .how did it originate from satan's mind? Or was he created with it.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2015
lamako:

Jealousy is also from the side of evil .how did it originate from satan's mind? Or was he created with it.

According to their mythical fables satan was a perfect sinless being most beautiful and perfect angel in a sinless realm...

Then from whence did this jealousy come?

If Satan was as perfect as they said from whence did his evil thought come?

Why are they not more angels that are rebelling now ?
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by undercat: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2015
If evil is a consequence of freewill and God has freewill, then evil came from God.

If it is acceptable for a being with freewill to be incapable of commiting evil, then God created evil by allowing the capacity to commit evil in man when man was created.

Long story short, na God.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2015
undercat:
If evil is a consequence of freewill and God has freewill, then evil came from God.

If it is acceptable for a being with freewill to be incapable of commiting evil, then God created evil by allowing the capacity to commit evil in man when man was created.

Long story short, na God.

Lol seriously you are becoming very skeptic and reasoning outside the box of all you have been indoctrinated into from childhood...

Impressive

1 Like

Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by undercat: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol seriously you are becoming very skeptic and reasoning outside the box of all you have been indoctrinated into from childhood...

Impressive

Lol, thanks. But I no dey any box before o.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2015
undercat:

Lol, thanks. But I no dey any box before o.

hahahahaha abi
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:

Ehmmm...clears throat.

Can you see, touch, feel, smell or hear "good" or "goodness" ?
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2015
Why are you Christians like this ? Somebody asked a question, instead of understanding the question first, you guys Are busy typing "freewill" ...how daft.

If there is freewill, then there exists multiple choices. Satan also had freewill right ? He choose from the choices he was presented with, unfortunately the wrong one.

Now, who presented those choices ? Who gave freewill ? In freewill, there comes life and death. And they both bring forth good and evil.

Now, who created those choices ? Who made freewill ? Did Satan create anything ?

If God is the beginning, and God is pure, prefect, holy, without impurity...etc, everything emanating from God , what brought impurity into purity ? What brought imperfection into perfection ?

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 10:56am On Feb 22, 2015
TheIndustrialist:

Ehmmm...clears throat.

Can you see, touch, feel, smell or hear "good" or "goodness" ?
that what I just said, what your points?
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2015
onetrack:

Then you admit that god is not all-powerful.
God is incapable of doing moral evil. Is not in the nature of God.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2015
TheIndustrialist:
Why are you Christians like this ? Somebody asked a question, instead of understanding the question first, you guys Are busy typing "freewill" ...how daft.

If there is freewill, then there exists multiple choices. Satan also had freewill right ? He choose from the choices he was presented with, unfortunately the wrong one.

Now, who presented those choices ? Who gave freewill ? In freewill, there comes life and death. And they both bring forth good and evil.

Now, who created those choices ? Who made freewill ? Did Satan create anything ?

If God is the beginning, and God is pure, prefect, holy, without impurity...etc, everything emanating from God , what brought impurity into purity ? What brought imperfection into perfection ?

Shalom.
freewill indicated that man is responsible for the evil that befall him because he chooses it.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 11:29am On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
freewill indicated that man is responsible for the evil that befall him because he chooses it.

Which should also mean that man is responsible for the good that befall him...
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:

Keep running.

Why not do justice to the questions presented to you than running ?
You guys do amaze me with your leggo.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
that what I just said, what your points?

Read again.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Yinkame123(m): 11:38am On Feb 22, 2015
I love thought provoking questions and discussions like this. For one to be able to understand and digest this question one need to first of all jettison what you believe and have an open mind to reason and think deeply about the issue of Evil and Satan. God is all knowing from creation till the end of the world will come. By that reasoning God then already know Satan will fall out of his glory. By his power (God) which can change things and since no other person have power besides him and foreseeing what could be the consequences of Satan on earth God should have forestall his falling out of grace to maintain peace and order in the world.

To add to this, between Satan and Hell Fire which one come first? If Hell fire come before Satan, it means God had already planned for his falling out of his glory and since the will of the God must be done, evil must be committed then for hell fire to be filled. If hell fire was created after Satan, then is an after thought which implies that God never forseen the fall out of Glory of Satan it is just something that happens and in order to punish Satan and those that will follow him he created the hell fire. This in my opinion contradicts the attribute 'all-knowing' of God.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 11:57am On Feb 22, 2015
TheIndustrialist:

Keep running.

Why not do justice to the questions presented to you than running ?
You guys do amaze me with your leggo.
what question?
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Which should also mean that man is responsible for the good that befall him...
yes,God lay the foundation of how man should be good.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
TheIndustrialist:

Shalom.
https://www.nairaland.com/2035915/did-god-create-evil-does
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Rexnegro(m): 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
lamako:

God almighty gave everything He created free will ...so maybe then Satan used his own to be jealous....
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
yes,God lay the foundation of how man should be good.

And who lay foundation on how man should be bad?
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Maamin(m): 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:

I gree with you to some extent..about the nature of evil not being among the fundamental forces of nature...but this does not imply the fact that evil was not from God. The Bible should be taking in it entirety, it is self explanatory. Isaiah 45:7 is very clear..all things seen and unseen came from God, the tree of life and that of the Knowledge of good and evil where created by God. However, the created beings (Angels,humans alike) where given freewills to choose to do good or otherwise but with a recompense. Now that verse in Isaiah is very explicit about where evil comes from, in Deutronomy 30:15 King James Bible
"See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil..", this verse throws more light on the origin of evil.

The fact that God is light, and good and he is LOVE, does not limit him from creating all things including darkness,evil and hate. He has set all things before us but will also guide us and lead us through the right path only that way can we choose to serve and worship him in truth from our heart.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Jubilee Bible 2000

King James 2000 Bible

Douay-Rheims Bible

I agree with you.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
Maamin:

I gree with you to some extent..about the nature of evil not being among the fundamental forces of nature...but this does not imply the fact that evil was not from God. The Bible should be taking in it entirety, it is self explanatory. Isaiah 45:7 is very clear..all things seen and unseen came from God, the tree of life and that of the Knowledge of good and evil where created by God. However, the created beings (Angels,humans alike) where given freewills to choose to do good or otherwise but with a recompense. Now that verse in Isaiah is very explicit about where evil comes from, in Deutronomy 30:15 King James Bible
"See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil..", this verse throws more light on the origin of evil.

The fact that God is light, and good and he is LOVE, does not limit him from creating all things including darkness,evil and hate. He has set all things before us but will also guide us and lead us through the right path only that way can we choose to serve and worship him in truth from our heart.
isaiah45:7 was not talking about moral evil. Atheists preferred the king James version.let look into the modern translations;

The One forming light and creating
darkness, Causing well-being and
creating calamity; I am the LORD who
does all these. ( Isaiah 45:7, NASB)

I form the light and create darkness, I
bring prosperity and create disaster; I,
the LORD, do all these things. ( Isaiah
45:7, NIV)

Isaiah 45:7 contrasts opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the opposite of PEACE. The Hebrew word translated "peace" is shâlôm, which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh, the Hebrew word translated "evil" in the KJV often refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a most often refers to moral evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form used here) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously, "calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than "evil."

God is not the author of evil. However,
God does reward and punish on the
basis of good and bad behavior.
Therefore, God does bring judgment and calamity (either directly or through
human authorities) on those who rebel.
God will ultimately judge all people,
since rebels will not be allowed in the
new, perfect creation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Currently At Godswill Akpabio International Stadium Uyo / The God Africans Had Belief Before Europe Invasion / I Reason That Athiesm Is A Form Of Religion:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.