Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? (3520 Views)

A Sincere Question For Theists: Where Did Evil Originate From? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

And who lay foundation on how man should be bad?
man did it with his own hand,when God created adam and eve ,he made them perfect Infacte man was made in the image of God. Man fall the day he chooses to disobeyed God.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by johnydon22(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
man did it with his own hand,when God created adam and eve ,he made them perfect Infacte man was made in the image of God. Man fall the day he chooses to disobeyed God.
ok according to you God (any God that means) laid foundation for man's goodness and then man laid foundation for man's evil... hmmm nice one
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Maamin(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
isaiah45:7 was not talking about moral evil. Atheists preferred the king James version.let look into the modern translations;

The One forming light and creating
darkness, Causing well-being and
creating calamity; I am the LORD who
does all these. ( Isaiah 45:7, NASB)

I form the light and create darkness, I
bring prosperity and create disaster; I,
the LORD, do all these things. ( Isaiah
45:7, NIV)

Isaiah 45:7 contrasts opposites. Darkness is the opposite of light. However, evil is not the opposite of PEACE. The Hebrew word translated "peace" is shâlôm, which has many meanings, mostly related to the well being of individuals. Râ‛âh, the Hebrew word translated "evil" in the KJV often refers to adversity or calamity. There are two forms of the word. Strong's H7451a most often refers to moral evil, whereas Strong's H7451b (the form used here) most often refers to calamity or distress. Obviously, "calamity" is a better antonym of "peace" than "evil."

God is not the author of evil. However,
God does reward and punish on the
basis of good and bad behavior.
Therefore, God does bring judgment and calamity (either directly or through
human authorities) on those who rebel.
God will ultimately judge all people,
since rebels will not be allowed in the
new, perfect creation.

Before time began or before mankind was created..can you kindly apply that verse (Isaiah 45:7) to pre-creation. What am saying here is that which ever way you twist it..God is responsible for all things just like the verse in the book of Isaiah made it clear. You said God does bring judgment and calamity (either directly or through
human authorities) on those who rebel...now doesnt that suggest that evil and calamity can also come from all loving and good God?

Among the angels there are angels of death, that bring evil upon certain people whose God's judgement has been pronounced upon them. In a nutshell God makes peace he also create evil or calamity..it goes both ways but it all depends on our freewills, actions and inactions..everything is from him.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
Do you believe that the world is under the sway of the wicked one(We really should define what the devil and evil is, later maybe,) and the principalities, powers and rulers of this world are altogether the gods of this age?
If so, Is God still the ruler of the heaven and earth?
If yes, does the position of rulership held by these powers of darkness negate the power or rule of God over and above the same principalities?
And if all power ultimately rests and emanates from God, would we rightly refer to all these other powers, as the psalmist did in the opening post's quote, "the hand of God?"
Consider Daniel 7:9-14 with regard to the eventual change over of the same powers.
(edited)
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Maamin:

Before time began or before mankind was created..can you kindly apply that verse (Isaiah 45:7) to pre-creation. What am saying here is that which ever way you twist it..God is responsible for all things just like the verse in the book of Isaiah made it clear. You said God does bring judgment and calamity (either directly or through
human authorities) on those who rebel...now doesnt that suggest that evil and calamity can also come from all loving and good God?

Among the angels there are angels of death, that bring evil upon certain people whose God's judgement has been pronounced upon them. In a nutshell God makes peace he also create evil or calamity..it goes both ways but it all depends on our freewills, actions and inactions..everything is from him.
let me give you an example of light;
Genesis 1:3
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”;
and there was light.
Where is the light? It's on the surface of
the earth for the first time. Where does
the light come from. The text does not
say directly, but it gives a lot of clues. Did God create the light? No! If God had
created the light, the text would have
said so, like it does in the rest of Genesis one. It says that God "let it be."

Apply it to evil and see my points.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Horus(m): 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
According to Isaiah 45:7 the Lord that you go to church and worship every Sunday created evil:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things]."
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
muafrika:
Malvisguy212
Do you believe that the world is under the sway of the wicked one(We really should define what the devil and evil is, later maybe,) and the principalities, powers and rulers of this world are altogether the gods of this age?
If so, Is God still the ruler of the heaven and earth?
If yes, does the position of rulership held by these powers of darkness negate the power or rule of God over and above the same principalities?
And if all power ultimately rests and emanates from God, would we rightly refer to all these other powers, as the psalmist did in the opening post's quote, "the hand of God?"
Consider Daniel 7:9-14.
read this thread you may find somethings important in it. https://www.nairaland.com/1995965/athiest-claim-god-existed-prayer
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Weah96: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
lamako:

Jealousy is also from the side of evil .how did it originate from satan's mind? Or was he created with it.

The imaginary God created that too.

Deut. 6:15

([size=15pt]For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you[/size]) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Exodus 34:14

For thou shalt worship no other god: [size=15pt]for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God[/size]:
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 2:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
Horus:
According to Isaiah 45:7 the Lord that you go to church and worship every Sunday created evil:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things]."

if God created evil ,don't you think we can see ,feel and touch it? /God allow it to happened because of the choice we make.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Maamin(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
malvisguy212:
let me give you an example of light;
Genesis 1:3
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”;
and there was light.
Where is the light? It's on the surface of
the earth for the first time. Where does
the light come from. The text does not
say directly, but it gives a lot of clues. Did God create the light? No! If God had
created the light, the text would have
said so, like it does in the rest of Genesis one. It says that God "let it be."

Apply it to evil and see my points.

We are not even done with the topic and you want to digress. But you forgot that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth..in which everything holds. And even the light..but it became desolate and void with darkness covering the face of the deep.

And I hope you are not remotely saying that God was not responsible for creation of light?
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by malvisguy212: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Maamin:

We are not even done with the topic and you want to digress. But you forgot that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth..in which everything holds. And even the light..but it became desolate and void with darkness covering the face of the deep.

And I hope you are not remotely saying that God was not responsible for creation of light?
my points is this, God allow evil to happened but the atheists claimed God is the author of evil which is wrong,there is not a single verse in the bible that say God did evil.the evil that was started in isaiah45 was not a moral evil,What the verse really is saying is that God decrees times of good things and times of judgment,people should not complained in view of there sin when evil befall them.you see my friends,when we follows the atheists points. God shouldn't have punished sinner in views of there sin.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Am disappointed. I expected the biblical authorities from my fellow christians. You do not need to defend God in this one. It his power that you deny when you believe that anybody or anything in this world and in the heavens is independent in power or being from God. We are not discussing choice here. That is a different topic.

I find it of great pride that both good and evil are in the hand and control of my God. If a Demon jumped onto my way I would not blink, because I know that above all princes of this world sits my God. I am not afraid of the season of darkness, as not even hell, no principality or power would separate me from my God.

So why would anyone believe that God does not rule even over the powers of darkness? Does he not rule over all men? And are all men good?

These excuses are not in Gods favour.
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by tpiar: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
God created you and give you freewill to worship Him or reject Him,God will not interfere in your decisions,if YOU CHOOSE to do evil it's your choice.

Hm
Re: If God Is Good And He Created EVERYTHING, Where Did Evil/bad Come From? by oaroloye(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
EVIL IS NOT A CREATION, but a DISCONNECTION from THE GOOD GOD ORDAINS.

ELIZABETHAN ENGLISH translates "misfortune" as "EVIL"- therefore, Atheists make much of the Prophetic Utterance:

. ISAIAH 45:5-8.

5. I am The LORD, and there is none else,
there is no God beside me:
I girded thee, though thou hast not known Me:
6. That they may know from the rising of the Sun,
and from the west, that there is none beside Me.
I am The LORD, and there is none else.
7. I form The Light, and create Darkness:
I make Peace, and create Evil:
I The LORD do all these things.
8. Drop down, ye Heavens, from above,
and let the skies pour down Righteousness:
let The Earth open,
and let them bring forth Salvation,
and let Righteousness spring up together;
I the LORD have created it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opium / Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? / Side-effects Of Spiritual Work Done By White Garment Churches/spiritual Churhes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.