Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? (767 Views)

I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Pay TITHES? / Is It Godly And Appropriate To Pay Tithes On What You Won From Gambling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by helinues: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2015
" I was in d market buying ugwu yesterday, i bought a lot and had to wait for the woman to cut it up, while cutting mine, her son was cutting another set and she kept shouting on the boy to hurry up because it's almost time for church and she can't be late, meanwhile, a man came around, bought ugwu and water leave and left ii for her to cut while he continue his shopping.

To my amazement, the moment the man left, madam i don't want to be late for church, furtively glanced my way and believing i was lost in Facebook, removed a bunch each from the vegetables left by the man and cut up the rest.

I collected mine and on pretext of buying something else waited for the man who soon came, i told him straight up what happened and madam denied".

Why do many Nigerians give tithes on Sunday and collect bribes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2015
Direct this kweshon to d gods, they are in best position to ansa dis kweshon..

Warning!!! HUMANS STAY OF THIS KWESHUN!!
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by helinues: 11:10am On Feb 22, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Direct this kweshon to d gods, they are in best position to ansa dis kweshon..

Warning!!! HUMANS STAY OF THIS KWESHUN!!

People like you will still continue to run away from reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by kevoh(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Op u wicked oo. See as you destroy her vegetable stealing career. tongue
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by kestolove95(m): 11:13am On Feb 22, 2015
Becox we have to gv tithes on sunday
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by Tallesty1(m): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2015
Ugwu or Ugu?
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2015
helinues:

People like you will still continue to run away from reality.
if u don't know dat I came here just 2 have fun, know it & if u have any problem wit it; go chop bomb & dilute it with acid.. Gracias
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by stuff46(m): 11:30am On Feb 22, 2015
It's not as if they do in on purpose, stealing/bribe (sin) is a spirit. They take over you and inturn take away your concience.

The woman in question might have been possessed by these spirit and make her forget that are prying eyes on her; making her commit that at that particular time. She is lost in this believe that she won't be caught.

We all are sinners, its after we might have committed and are caught that we realise all that has happened or when we succed. ( dont take the devil as an excuse to commit; on judgement day you are on your own).

I think you need not blame the woman for doing that. Since our God is a forgiving One, he will forgive her if she deem it fit to confess.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by helinues: 11:32am On Feb 22, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
if u don't know dat I came here just 2 have fun, know it & if u have any problem wit it; go chop bomb & dilute it with acid.. Gracias

Why should I drink acid on someone's headache, if you come here to dance naked.. none of my biz..Stop trespassing on someone's thread.. It is not good for ya health

Abeg today na Sundat, I nod dey want anyone trouble.. Park well
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by Chanchit: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
Olofofo Op,btw that's not bribe its stealing, and thirdly, ur parable has no link to tithe.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by mmsen: 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
stuff46:
It's not as if they do in on purpose, stealing/bribe (sin) is a spirit. They take over you and inturn take away your concience.

The woman in question might have been possessed by these spirit and make her forget that are prying eyes on her; making her commit that at that particular time. She is lost in this believe that she won't be caught.

We all are sinners, its after we might have committed and are caught that we realise all that has happened or when we succed. ( dont take the devil as an excuse to commit; on judgement day you are on your own).

I think you need not blame the woman for doing that. Since our God is a forgiving One, he will forgive her if she deem it fit to confess.

What happened to "free will"?
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by Skillfullulu(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
I could say, ur tithe is suppose to come from your salary not bribe.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by lexrichy(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Stealing is not bribery cool
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by stuff46(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
mmsen:

What happened to "free will"?

dont get your point. Point more light on your sentence. Thanks
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Give Tithes On Sunday And Collect Bribes On Weekdays? by mmsen: 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
stuff46:

You claim that such people have no choice, that they are overcome by a 'spirit'.

That would completely negate the doctrine of 'free will'.

(1) (Reply)

BIBLICAL POLITICS?9 Things U Think U Know About JESUS Dat Are Probably Not True! / You Need To Read This... What A Wonderful Piece.. / I Wonder If These Are Found In Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.