Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals (31527 Views)

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Seunkrystal(m): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
Whr is UITH?
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by rildwanullahi(m): 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
bauer00:
where oau teachinh hospital....are they high on weeds
i wonder of. With all the breakthrough recorded by great ife
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by rildwanullahi(m): 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
bauer00:
i wonder o. With all the breakthrough recorded by great ife
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Chijioks: 10:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
What's IMSUTH doing there? What of ABUTH, ABSUTH, UBTH & UPTH? This list is DOCTORED! Goodday!
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Cmanforall: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
caukerzee:

SOURCE: .com

OP....
What's the criteria for the 'Standard'?
I know about these Teaching hospitals.
Is your ranking based on structures, manpower, available medical treatments/facilities or rate of passing the post medical exams? You need to state this.

Having gone through your post, I think you mixed many things up. For instance, NAUTH, has a poor structural facility. They are still using the old general hospital Nnewi(that should give you an insight how the hospital is). But they have high success rate in the post medical exams. So you find out structure wise, they are lacking, but academically, they are sound.
Better give us the criteria for the above list.

Also,UPTH, Abia State University Teaching Hospital(ABSUTH) and many more have good structures...

Awaiting the method used.....

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by afanide: 11:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
caukerzee:

I xpected my school to come first and not second.

GREAT JOSSITES!!!
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by samoney: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
caukerzee:

where is ABUTH
ahmadu bellows teaching hospital, that has one of the best and largest facilities in africa, poster u much be high on goat weed!
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by lahtford(f): 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
Awesome, my skul is one of d best in d country. Am proud of my skul LAUTECH
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by AreaFada2: 11:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
When you say standard, what standard?

By Nigerian Standard or comparable to world class Hospitals like Guy's & St Thomas' Hospital London, Klinikum Grosshadern in Munich, Hopitaux Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere in Paris, John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, USA, MCGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada?
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
MizMyColi:
One Question Please.

Why Isn't University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) on that list?

His opinion
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by victree007(m): 11:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
If UBTH of UNIBEN is not on d list den is ain't authentic...#shikena
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Alexchoce: 12:16am On Feb 23, 2015
This is a 2009 blog post. I've seen it somewhere else.
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by lastpage: 12:22am On Feb 23, 2015
Hmmm..... I was expecting that the 14 Almajiri Universities of Jonathan will top that list!

This LIST is a PDP List!

We need the Jonathan Universities to top that list!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by faradexs09(m): 1:03am On Feb 23, 2015
caukerzee:

...dz list is drat without OAUTHC, op high on some mawnin crack tongue
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Penboy: 1:34am On Feb 23, 2015
bauer00:
you dey mind the Op?!
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by mrofficial(m): 2:11am On Feb 23, 2015
@Op, it is LASUTH. Not LUTH.
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Droidbot: 2:48am On Feb 23, 2015
MizMyColi:
One Question Please.

Why Isn't University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) on that list?

I know that place. I didn't think it should been on the list. It is not rich
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Agukagu(m): 3:28am On Feb 23, 2015
caukerzee:

IMSUTH on the list? The compiler either has acute sense of humor or is high on weed
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by shota(m): 4:03am On Feb 23, 2015
Thavybe:
guy...were u sleeping thru out ur stay?

LOL. Where is the teaching hospital ? Am not sure its close to the main campus .
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by hezy4real01(m): 4:39am On Feb 23, 2015
Oooh Jtown we Rep.. Was to put to birth at "Ja kow nu"
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by mbaka0433: 5:15am On Feb 23, 2015
where is MUTH?.......UPTH......uni port teaching hospital........SMALL BRAIN
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by arewaboy(m): 6:33am On Feb 23, 2015
Where is ABUTH?
one of the best if not in the country, but in the north. wink
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Arsenate(m): 6:38am On Feb 23, 2015
jos has got two teaching hospitals among the ten best in the country. proud of that town... always.
BTW, my alma mata, JUTH, should come first. lol
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by Arsenate(m): 6:40am On Feb 23, 2015
hezy4real01:
Oooh Jtown we Rep.. Was to put to birth at "Ja kow nu"
we rep j-town man.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by litem234(m): 6:56am On Feb 23, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]

anyway na fake list.....luth is for unilag. ...

or its ur personal bullshit. ....who know imsu......abeg go rest joor
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by daddynasa: 7:01am On Feb 23, 2015
A whole UBTH and UPTH no dey. Well it is ur fundamental hman rit 2 post nonsense list
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by zeedof(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2015
The op must be either diploma or NCE holder
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by donodion(m): 7:17am On Feb 23, 2015
eleojo23:
Good to know.
Slightly away from the topic, there are some issues someone raised in the health section about the way things are done in most of our public hospitals.

One of them is the long processes one goes through before getting medical attention. Someone could be brought in to the hospital in an emergency situation and instead of being attended to quickly, most times the relatives are asked to first of all open a folder (and this usually takes some time) and this delay can make the patient's condition more critical.

Another is the case of multiple prescriptions by different doctors for the same patient. Dr A's treatment plan will be different from Dr B's. One doctor sees the patient in the morning and writes a prescription, another comes in few hours later and writes something else when the patient has not even completed the dose of the ones earlier written. The patient usually bears the cost of buying these drugs some of which he may not need eventually. Needless to say the health implications of overloading a patient's system with too many drugs.

(Please let no one take this personal)

It would be good if these issues are looked into so that the patient who is at the center of health care delivery can get better and quality service.
Bless you.and i suppose this is where a "collabo" of health care pactioners (docs n nurses) comes into play.In mopst cases nurses are the first to review a patients medical file and note wht prescriptions were initially made.The recomendations or query (if necessary) of further precriptions should also be made by the attending nurses IMO.
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by lonelydora: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2015
He even put UNTH 7th....... well, I'm not interested in he list.
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by amanze15(m): 8:03am On Feb 23, 2015
Where is UITH and UNIMAId, smiley
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by diallodurali: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2015
Hey dude...you've left something out! Why haven't you talked about the best of the best teaching hospital huhm? The Prestigious Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Shika, Zaria.....ure bluffing Man... cool
Re: Nigeria Universities With Standard Teaching Hospitals by jimbson: 8:11am On Feb 23, 2015
caukerzee:

Where is Unibuja Teaching Hospitel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Meanings You May Not Know / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. / Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.