Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Bankers In The House - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bankers In The House (1259 Views)

Bankers For Baba Ijebu (R & S Lotto Port Harcourt) / Bankers In The House, I Need Your Help!!! / Are Male Bankers Really Stingy.??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
Sorry I dnt no where to post this,can a cheque from another bank be paid into ur acct in a different bank not the bank dat has the cheque?
Re: Bankers In The House by Caracta(f): 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
Yes...if you have a current account.

1 Like

Re: Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
No I dnt cry
Re: Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Caracta:
Yes...if you have a current account.
how much is the highest amount a savings account can hold?
Re: Bankers In The House by Caracta(f): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
kellystech:
how much is the highest amount a savings account can hold?

You may have to confirm from your bank. There are different types of savings accounts with different thresholds.

If you are a billionaire, you can spread your savings.

1 Like

Re: Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
Caracta:

You may have to confirm from your bank. There are different types of savings accounts with different thresholds.

If you are a billionaire, you can spread your savings.
buh is it possible for it hold more than 3m?, I just hav one acct for nw. Thanks for ur swift response
Re: Bankers In The House by Caracta(f): 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
kellystech:
buh is it possible for it hold more than 3m?, I just hav one acct for nw. Thanks for ur swift response

It depends on the bank really. A normal savings account should. There are different types. Some won't allow above 200k. If your account has never witnessed such large amount or your specified occupation couldn't fetch such that fast, questions may be asked. Again, confirm from your bank. A simple phone call or e-mail would settle this.

1 Like

Re: Bankers In The House by laudate: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
kellystech:
Sorry I dnt no where to post this,can a cheque from another bank be paid into ur acct in a different bank not the bank dat has the cheque?

Please answer this questions:

1). Is your name written on the cheque?

2). The bank into which you are lodging the cheque, who owns the account? Is it yours? smiley

3). Do the names on the cheque match the name of the account into which the cheque is being paid, in the 2nd bank? cool

4). Have you ever heard of the term 'clearing operations,' in banking parlance/

5). Finally, how old are you and do you have a bank account? undecided
Re: Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
laudate:

Please answer this questions:

1). Is your name written on the cheque?

2). The bank into which you are lodging the cheque, who owns the account? Is it yours? smiley

3). Do the names on the cheque match the name of the account into which the cheque is being paid, in the 2nd bank? cool

4). Have you ever heard of the term 'clearing operations,' in banking parlance/

5). Finally, how old are you and do you have a bank account? undecided
my name is written on the cheque
The account is mine
Yes
No
Late twenties
Re: Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Caracta:

It depends on the bank really. A normal savings account should. There are different types. Some won't allow above 200k. If your account has never witnessed such large amount or your specified occupation couldn't fetch such that fast, questions may be asked. Again, confirm from your bank. A simple phone call or e-mail would settle this.
ive been using the said account for cash deposit of 2-500k buh ive used for up to 3.something million and I dnt want to go and cash the money den move with cash to my bank to deposit, anyway I will make inquiries frm my bank 1st tin in the morning, thanks once again
Re: Bankers In The House by laudate: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
kellystech:
my name is written on the cheque
The account is mine
Yes
No
Late twenties

If you are the owner of the account, then the cheque should clear provided the name on the cheque matches the one on your account and there are funds in the account of the person that issued the cheque, which are enough to cover the amount written on that cheque. grin

Hope it is clear.
Re: Bankers In The House by kellystech(m): 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
laudate:

If you are the owner of the account, then the cheque should clear provided the name on the cheque matches the one on your account and there are funds in the account of the person that issued the cheque, which are enough to cover the amount written on that cheque. grin

Hope it is clear.
thanks
Re: Bankers In The House by Caracta(f): 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
kellystech:
ive been using the said account for cash deposit of 2-500k buh ive used for up to 3.something million and I dnt want to go and cash the money den move with cash to my bank to deposit, anyway I will make inquiries frm my bank 1st tin in the morning, thanks once again

Ok. I think you use a regular savings account.

Anyway, since you don't have a current account for this clearing cheque we are talking about, why not let the sender make an online transfer into your savings account? Easier and better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yomi Black’s Wife, Take Photo Shot With Her Baby Bump In A Sexy Bikini / Akanu Ibiam Releases Its First Semester Exam Time Table / Must See, 10 Deadliest Wars In Human History. ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.