Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Elections Postponement: An Act Of Divine Providence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections Postponement: An Act Of Divine Providence (362 Views)

2015 Election postponement: An indictment on Nigeria Police / Channel TV: Elections Postponement Is Jonathan's Grand Plan To Win -OBJ / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elections Postponement: An Act Of Divine Providence by dein77(m): 8:55am On Feb 23, 2015
If they weren't postponed, we would have by now known who shall be shepherding this nation for the next four years, beginning from May 29, 2015. But they have been postponed. And that event caused no little stir in the whole nation and beyond. I also voiced against it. I felt the tension was too high they elections should have allowed to come and go. But in retrospect, I was brutally wrong; INEC, or whoever that influenced the postponement was wrong. Infact, I believe it was an act of Divine intervention. The most High still rules in the affairs of men, and He gives power to whosoever He wills.
Below are some recent events that proved my assertion:

Boko Haram.

I'm still of the opinion that, though I be a GEJ supporter, he didn't handle the BH insurgency properly. As a matter of fact, he recently confessed he had underestimated their ccapability and passion. These mofos have killed thousands and destroyed properties running into hundreds of millions of naira. I believe the recent push from our military should have come years ago. It now appears the whole thing I being politicised. Well, our boys are really pushing them hard. Shockingly, the BH boys, no more in a hurry to meet their busty 72 virgins, are desperately fleeing the onslaught and even getting drowned in Lake Chad.

My point: These mofos would have killed thousands in an unseen scale had the elections gone ahead as planned. These mofos were planning as INEC was planning. While INEC was planning for elections, the Haram boys were planning wanton savagery on an unprecedented scale. Now, our army is really giving it to them. The army will be engaging while the elections will be ongoing next months. The ability of the mofos has really deteriorated. Good for us all.

Systematic Disenfranchisement of The South

A few days before Feb 14th, I had gone to my ward get my PVC. I got it after two days of trying. Mine was Ward 5 in Town, PH. There was only one lanky INEC official giving PVCs. The first day, he gave out less than 30 PVCs the whole day. And he quietly told me there were about 18,000 PVCs not collected.
Before then, Edwin Clark and other elders in the SS had been screaming there was a robust plan by the INEC to spin the elections in APC's favour by systematically disenfranchise the people of the South East and South South, and some people waved them aside by calling them senile. At the ward, while waiting on the queue, I met with one Garba who was apparently angry with the manner in which the cards were given out. He said in the North, bulks of card were strewn on the ground, and whoever could identify a PVC had it given to the owner. It wasn't so in the South, at least in my ward. INEC wasn't really prepared! And a lot of Southerners would have been disenfranchised!

Northern Elders Forum Secret Meeting

These old folks have never said or done anything meaningful to the development of this nation. On the contrary, they've spewed and continue to spew foolish words worthy of creating tension in the nation. These folks cried foul and dog when Ihejirika was really winning the war against BH. They accused him of genocide, and further threatened to report him to the ICC for committing war crimes. They accuse GEJ of not doing enough against BH but will be the first to shout genocide.
See some secret resolutions they made during one of their meetings sometime last year.

I believe INEC will do better given the postponement. And i believe the elections will be free and fair.

But in retrospect, postponing the elections wasn't a wrong decision after all....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is APC Madness? / Polls: Yoruba Obas Pray For Jonathan / Inec Champions League Final.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.