Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong (2796 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / Catholics Are Not Christians!! Get It Clear!!!!!!! Reasons Inside. / The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by January27(f): 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Most christians believe that there is a "big sin" and "small sin". Inotherwords, they quantify sin. There is nothing like that in the sight of God all sins are thesame. Some christians still believe that the "little lie" they tell doesnt mean anything in the sight of God. A liar will say I am better than the fornicators or homosexual but the truth still remains sin is sin. Hell has no apartment for liars, fornicators, muderers. Its thesame hell that all sinners will end up. #my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
The blood is sufficient?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by January27(f): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
The blood is sufficient?
which blood?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
January27:
which blood?
Aren't you a Christian
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by January27(f): 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
Aren't you a Christian
I am, maybe if you had used "grace", it would av been better

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
January27:
I am, maybe if you had used "grace", it would av been better
ok, the grace is sufficient enough to cleanse us of any sin regardless of whether small or big?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Cutehector(m): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
ok, the grace is sufficient enough to cleanse us of any sin regardless of whether small or big?
because grace is abound doesn't mean u wil continue to remain in sin.

2 Likes

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
because grace is abound doesn't mean u wil continue to remain in sin.
True but the grace has no limits. I believe no Christian will go to hell. Hell is meant for the unbelievers good or bad?

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Cutehector(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
True but the grace has no limits. I believe no Christian will go to hell. Hell is meant for the unbelievers good or bad?
it depends on who u think a christain is. Hell is meant for those who continue to remain in sin even till their point of death.

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 2:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
it depends on who u think a christain is. Hell is meant for those who continue to remain in sin even till their point of death.
ok, I thought a christian who confesses in his sickbed would be washed clean of his sins?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Cutehector(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
ok, I thought a christian who confesses in his sickbed would be washed clean of his sins?
yes. If he is very remorse about it.
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 3:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
yes. If he is very remorse about it.
Of course, being remorseful would definitely not be a difficult thing for a believer you see?

So@op don't bother your soul, the grace is sufficient.
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:

"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not." (1 John 5:17-18).

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" (Romans 6:1-2).

Brother if u call ur self a Christian and u are still dwelling in sin then u are not saved. But any time u fall into sin try and get back to ur first love ( A life of holiness)

God Bless

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Cutehector(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
Of course, being remorseful would definitely not be a difficult thing for a believer you see?

but it will soon cease to b
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
but it will soon cease to b
Kindly explain. How? Do you mean there is a limit to this grace?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
lightking99:

"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not." (1 John 5:17-18).

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" (Romans 6:1-2).

Brother if u call ur self a Christian and u are still dwelling in sin then u are not saved. But any time u fall into sin try and get back to ur first love ( A life of holiness)

God Bless

Are good works a necessity for salvation?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
Are good works a necessity for salvation?

sir before u are saved Good work cannot save u but Grace
"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink" (Ephesians 2:5).

But after ur salvation there is need for goodwork

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?" (James 2:14).

Brother we cannot profes to be Christian and continue to dwell in sin in full conscience
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by jerflakes(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
If thats the only problem, thats ok.

What of muslims, where dis they get it all wrong?

I guess theirs is multi-faceted.
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Cutehector(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
Kindly explain. How? Do you mean there is a limit to this grace?
d limit comes after one's death

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
lightking99:

sir before u are saved Good work cannot save u but Grace
"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink" (Ephesians 2:5).

But after ur salvation there is need for goodwork

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?" (James 2:14).

Brother we cannot profes to be Christian and continue to dwell in sin in full conscience
You have spoken well. I'm glad you reason this way.

My concern is what is this doctrine, that our sins have been forgiven even before we commit them? What happens when a Christian consciously sins with the hope that in the end (ie after achieving a desired goal or in a sickbed) he would become remorseful and ask for forgiveness? If there will be no consequences, then why should another Christian work to be dead to sin?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Cutehector:
d limit comes after one's death
ok ie sudden death. But you know we Christians and our "it's not my portion" mentality
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:
You have spoken well. I'm glad you reason this way.

My concern is what is this doctrine, that our sins have been forgiven even before we commit them? What happens when a Christian consciously sins with the hope that in the end (ie after achieving a desired goal or in a sickbed) he would become remorseful and ask for forgiveness? If there will be no consequences, then why should another Christian work to be dead to sin?

and who says there is no consequence?

Actually many Christians reason this way that on my sick bed I will repent...
But, what if rapture caught u on aware ?
What if u die tru accident?( dis might happen because of ur sin) because Gods special protection will no longer be there

now come to think of it.... If u are a Christian dwelling in sin how can u preach to others?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: " (Matthew 28:19).

Is unfortunate that many Christian want to make heaven on the last day and dont even think of taking others along.

Also many Christians target is just if I can make heaven ( which is settling for the less)
what happen to the crowns in heaven?
The power God has given to us to heal the sick and perform miracle?
To bring heaven to earth?
All this cannot happen if we still dwell in sin.

And Also if u sin consciencely even if God have forgiven u .... D result of dat sin must sure come to pass. ( u can see dat in David's case)

A Christian is not a sinner .. A sinner is not a Christian.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
January27:
Most christians believe that there is a "big sin" and "small sin". Inotherwords, they quantify sin. There is nothing like that in the sight of God all sins are thesame. Some christians still believe that the "little lie" they tell doesnt mean anything in the sight of God. A liar will say I am better than the fornicators or homosexual but the truth still remains sin is sin. Hell has no apartment for liars, fornicators, muderers. Its thesame hell that all sinners will end up. #my opinion

I understand where you are coming from. You want to encourage honesty,but talking about hell fire is so disappointing. At this point you should have known hell fire is not real. Anyway,the message is good but the reasons to be honest shouldn't be to escape hell.

People should be honest because it will maintains trust,it's easier than lying,once trust is broken it may not be fully regained.

Teach people like adults and they will become adults. But when you teach them like kids,they will remain kids.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by January27(f): 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
ifeness:

I understand where you are coming from. You want to encourage honesty,but talking about hell fire is so disappointing. At this point you should have known hell fire is not real. Anyway,the message is good but the reasons to be honest shouldn't be to escape hell.

People should be honest because it will maintains trust,it's easier than lying,once trust is broken it may not be fully regained.

Teach people like adults and they will become adults. But when you teach them like kids,they will remain kids.

Peace!
Hell fire is real
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
January27:
Hell fire is real

I don't know where you got that from,but I think it worked for primitive minds. That was the only concept the ancient people were forced with to be nice. But as we advance we see morality as an idle ways of life. Trust me the concept of hell doesn't work in many parts of the world anymore.

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by January27(f): 8:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
channelz:

Yes, the grace is sufficient doesnt mean we should abuse it
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by January27(f): 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
ifeness:

I don't know where you got that from,but I think it worked for primitive minds. That was the only concept the ancient people were forced with to be nice. But as we advance we see morality as an idle ways of life. Trust me the concept of hell doesn't work in many parts of the world anymore.
Are you a JW?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
ifeness:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15).

"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;" (2 Peter 2:4).

"It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?" (Job 11:cool.

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." (Psalms 9:17).

"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. " (Luke 12:5).

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: " (Mark 9:47).

I can go on and on
sir can u please explain to me now what u mean by there is no hell with the help of those scriptures?
Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
January27:
Are you a JW?

I do not belong to any association.

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
lightking99:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15).

"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;" (2 Peter 2:4).

"It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?" (Job 11:cool.

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." (Psalms 9:17).

"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. " (Luke 12:5).

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: " (Mark 9:47).

I can go on and on
sir can u please explain to me now what u mean by there is no hell with the help of those scriptures?

Is that all?

When i look at the time-line between the book of Job and Psalm, that is approximately 2000 to 4000 years difference. There is no evidence Job actually existed on this planet neither was the book authentic. . Nevertheless, various clues within the book of Job seem to indicate Job lived sometime after the Flood, but long before the time of Moses. However in the book of Job there is a clear evidence that Job did live in a Matriarch society where women had rights to inheritance, which meant it was a long long time before the character "Moses" who lived in a Patriarch society( where men alone got hesitance). Reasons because Job's daughters had the right to his properties.

Now take the time-line between the book of Psalm and Luke, another huge thousands of years where the laws weren't exactly favouring the people. Of course the laws of Moses ( which included stoning kids to death) had to be abolished.

From the time-line of Luke to 2015, you cannot consider the laws then applicable in the house of law. That shows us that different laws for different generations.

Therefore i have no need to explain those passages as I personally find them primitive.

The Christian God is said to be full of Love. Then how come this God is less compassionate than I am? I will never subject any humans to evaluating torture because of a lie. Our present day society sentence people to jail in order to correct them. Back in the days in the Uk, we used to sentence people to death but now it is illegal. If you get a sentence of 5 years, you get to do half of that and a bit of community service. That is the called progression.

There can be no hell fire because it is not moral. You cannot pay evil with evil.

2 Likes

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
ifeness:

Is that all?

When i look at the time-line between the book of Job and Psalm, that is approximately 2000 to 4000 years difference. There is no evidence Job actually existed on this planet neither was the book authentic. . Nevertheless, various clues within the book of Job seem to indicate Job lived sometime after the Flood, but long before the time of Moses. However in the book of Job there is a clear evidence that Job did live in a Matriarch society where women had rights to inheritance, which meant it was a long long time before the character "Moses" who lived in a Patriarch society( where men alone got hesitance). Reasons because Job's daughters had the right to his properties.

Now take the time-line between the book of Psalm and Luke, another huge thousands of years where the laws weren't exactly favouring the people. Of course the laws of Moses ( which included stoning kids to death) had to be abolished.

From the time-line of Luke to 2015, you cannot consider the laws then applicable in the house of law. That shows us that different laws for different generations.

Therefore i have no need to explain those passages as I personally find them primitive.

The Christian God is said to be full of Love. Then how come this God is less compassionate than I am? I will never subject any humans to evaluating torture because of a lie. Our present day society sentence people to jail in order to correct them. Back in the days in the Uk, we used to sentence people to death but now it is illegal. If you get a sentence of 5 years, you get to do half of that and a bit of community service. That is the called progression.

There can be no hell fire because it is not moral. You cannot pay evil with evil.

and u think this have Answered my question or disprove the existence of hell?

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." (Hebrews 13:cool.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." (Matthew 24:35).

Broda because u where born without beard and now u have beard doesn’t change a word in the Bible

dont be deceive Repent and be save.

1 Like

Re: Where Most Christians Get It All Wrong by channelz: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
lightking99:

and who says there is no consequence?

Actually many Christians reason this way that on my sick bed I will repent...
But, what if rapture caught u on aware ?
What if u die tru accident?( dis might happen because of ur sin) because Gods special protection will no longer be there

now come to think of it.... If u are a Christian dwelling in sin how can u preach to others?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: " (Matthew 28:19).

Is unfortunate that many Christian want to make heaven on the last day and dont even think of taking others along.

Also many Christians target is just if I can make heaven ( which is settling for the less)
what happen to the crowns in heaven?
The power God has given to us to heal the sick and perform miracle?
To bring heaven to earth?
All this cannot happen if we still dwell in sin.

And Also if u sin consciencely even if God have forgiven u .... D result of dat sin must sure come to pass. ( u can see dat in David's case)

A Christian is not a sinner .. A sinner is not a Christian.

Shalom
Impressive! You have satisfactorily answered my questions. I never knew a Christian could ever interpret the Bible in this sense. Now I know any other so called believer who explains otherwise only expresses his inner wishes and weaknesses.

Thanks and shalom!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Deep In The Occult Are African Churches? / Some Errors In The Bible / A Question For Sciencewatch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.