Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 (664 Views)

Morning Devotion: A Sinful Challenge Luke 11:14-23 / Morning Devotion: A Misleading Impression James 2:1-13 / Morning Devotion: A Mother's Love 1 Samuel 1:21-2-11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 by graluxxy054(f): 6:10am On Feb 24, 2015
Shortly after the novel Gone With The Wind had been published, a young woman sat beside a history professor at a dinner. Trying to make conversation, she asked him if be had read it. "No," the professor answered. The woman admonished, "You'd better hurry up. It's been out 6 weeks." Then the professor inquired, "Have you read Dante's Divine Comedy?" "No," the woman said. The professor responded, "You'd better hurry up. It's been out 600 years."
These days, new books dealing with all sort of subjects pour from printing presses in an overwhelming cascade. Even if we do nothing but read, we couldn't keep up with the output. So we must discriminate and decide what we'll read and what we'll ignore.
But there's one ancient book we must not ignore. It's the Bible, God's inspired Word. For many centuries, it circulated in scrolls and handwritten manuscripts. But ever since Johannes Gutenberg devised the printing press, Scripture has been reproduced in countless forms and editions.
Important as many books are, only the Bible reveals the good news about Jesus (Acts 8:35). Only the Bible teaches us how to please Him. So let's make sure we give the Bible the priority it deserves. It's a "must read" book.
>>> Vernon C. Grounds.

GOOD MORNING
Re: Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 by Cutehector(m): 6:20am On Feb 24, 2015
Wats your favorite book in d bible
Re: Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 by graluxxy054(f): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2015
Cutehector:
Wats your favorite book in d bible

I love every chapter and verse; including Songs of Solomon! But I love the book of Proverbs more.
Re: Morning Devotion: A "Must Read" Book Acts 8:26-35 by Cutehector(m): 6:30am On Feb 28, 2015
graluxxy054:

I love every chapter and verse; including Songs of Solomon! But I love the book of Proverbs more.
woow, I lyk a gurl who loves wisdom. Lol songs of solomon really? U must hv a thing for poetry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Will Transgenders Be Judge In Judgment Day / How Do You Control Your Fart When You Are In Church? / '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.