Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? (2530 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis / Tongues: A Fundamental Flaw In Pentecostalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 11:07am On Feb 24, 2015
These days, evry pastor is speakin in tongues and am like, what's happening! D oda day, I saw a student pastor listening to a recording of tongue language over and over again and I thought to myself, is he cramming it or wat? Just after some minutes of praise and worship, d next tin u hear is shenterimama grin... Shuooo?
My question is dis,
what is behind this tongue language?
Is it dat if u can speak it, u hav annointing?
Must it be compuslory for pastors to speak in tongues?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 11:16am On Feb 24, 2015
I don't no about d people u are sayin
But speaking in tongue is compulsory for every child of God
I love speaking in tongues for many reasons but will mention 3
1. I can interpret some of my tongues
2. I can cover 15mins prayer wit tongues of 5mins prayer
3. it helps me to knw what next to pray coz I do hear what holyspirit want me to pray next.

It Gud, dat d only language devil don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by skylane: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
3. it helps me to knw what next to pray coz I do here where holyspirit want me to pray next.

bros u r walking in the spirit,
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 11:35am On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
3. it helps me to knw what next to pray coz I do here where holyspirit want me to pray next.

so because am not blessed wit d gift ot speakin in tongues den am not a child of God?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 11:36am On Feb 24, 2015
skylane:
bros u r walking in the spirit,
lolz and u too bro

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14).
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 11:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
so because am not blessed wit d gift ot speakin in tongues den am not a child of God?
bro Don't get me wrong, it's not like that
Coz u don't no some certain subject does not make u dullard
we are learning everyday right?
so just open ur mind about speaking in tongues and u will c dat u really need it

we are all child of God sir.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
bro Don't get me wrong, it's not like that
Coz u don't no some certain subject does not make u dullard
we are learning everyday right?
so just open ur mind about speaking in tongues and u will c dat u really need it

we are all child of God sir.
I guess we all are gifted wit different gifts.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 11:55am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
I guess we all are gifted wit different gifts.
u are right but speaking in tongues is what we all needs to av.
It a sign of baptism of the holyspirit
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Gmajor(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
3. it helps me to knw what next to pray coz I do hear what holyspirit want me to pray next.

Seriously.?
When did speaking in tongues become a Prerequisite for being a child of God.?
Have u heard about the Gifts of the holy spirit.? Does every one Have the some gift.?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
u are right but speaking in tongues is what we all needs to av.
It a sign of baptism of the holyspirit
if I have d gift of speaking in tongues, and I have no love, I am nothing! I guess u knw dat verse.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by jnrbayano(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:

Where does the bold appear in the bible?

Op,

The bold is the answer you seek.

Most speak it to belong to the "children of God clique"
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
if I have d gift of speaking in tongues, and I have no love, I am nothing! I guess u knw dat verse.
yes that 1cor13

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." (1 Corinthians 13:1).

It not mentioned as gift there bro
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
yes that 1cor13

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." (1 Corinthians 13:1).

It not mentioned as gift there bro

lol. Love is a gift. God is love and he gives himself to whoever he wishes. Why do u think dr r hardened ppo out thr? Wat differentiates d good samaritan from the priest who walked by the wounded person? Love! He had d gift of love in him and he exercised it!
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by omat20(m): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:

so you know know say Lucifer sabi speak in tongues
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by skylane: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
lolz and u too bro

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14).
yes you are right,and only such are entitled to enter the gate of heaven,that means you are a heavnly spirit walking on earth in bodily form just as Jesus christ did,hmmm I love the word of God
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Gmajor:

Seriously.?
Have u heard about the Gifts of the holy spirit.? Does every one Have the some gift.?
Gmajor:

Seriously.?
let talk about d gift
"To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:" (1 Corinthians 12:10).
there is big different in speaking in tongues and divers of tongues

Speaking in tongues is not a gift is an identification wenever holyspirit baptize u

Pls desire for it
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by skylane: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
omat20:
pls don't joke with such things,speakin in tongues is a perequiste the evidence of the holyspirit,and a christain who has no holyspirit is a powerless christain,
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
skylane:
yes you are right,and only such are entitled to enter the gate of heaven,that means you are a heavnly spirit walking on earth in bodily form just as Jesus christ did,hmmm I love the word of God
bro not only u, we are on d same page
I love the word also
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
omat20:
I don't no
What my bible tells me is dat
tongues is d only language devil can't understand
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
let talk about d gift
"To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:" (1 Corinthians 12:10).
there is big different in speaking in tongues and divers of tongues

Speaking in tongues is not a gift is an identification wenever holyspirit baptize u

Pls desire for it
it is a gift! Everythn dat comes from God is a gift.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by skylane: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
its just dat is an evidence for holyspirit its just like a student with A level result and anoder with D
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
lol. Love is a gift. God is love and he gives himself to whoever he wishes. Why do u think dr r hardened ppo out thr? Wat differentiates d good samaritan from the priest who walked by the wounded person? Love! He had d gift of love in him and he exercised it!
wow
Do u knw that all children of God most love? For God is love?
If is so about love, so it is about speaking in tongues
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
it is a gift! Everythn dat comes from God is a gift.
if so, there are some gift u must av, coz if u don't av it heaven is not sure
Eg love. faith will end on earth , hope will end here only love stand forever
speaking is compousary also
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
if so, there are some gift u must av, coz if u don't av it heaven is not sure
Eg love. faith will end on earth , hope will end here only love stand forever
speaking is compousary also
wat r u sayin. Ddnt u attest dat love is d most important? Why r u now sayn speakin in tongues is compulsory for one to go to heaven again. Admit it, speakin in tongues is nothn wen u dnt hav love
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
wat r u sayin. Ddnt u attest dat love is d most important? Why r u now sayn speakin in tongues is compulsory for one to go to heaven again. Admit it, speakin in tongues is nothn wen u dnt hav love
I knw u will pick me there.
I didn't say speaking in tongues is a cateria to heaven

But u are missing a lot for not speaking in tongue

what am trying to establish is that speaking is tongues is compousary

Everywhere in d bible where they recive holyspirit they speak in tongues
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
I knw u will pick me there.
I didn't say speaking in tongues is a cateria to heaven

But u are missing a lot for not speaking in tongue

what am trying to establish is that speaking is tongues is compousary

lol zyzxx I want to win u in dis argument. grin. I am not missing a lot, dat I knw.
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
lol zyzxx I want to win u in dis argument. grin. I am not missing a lot, dat I knw.
lolz
I want u to win also
But I won't give up
now do u av holyspirit and u are sure?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by skylane: 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
[quote author=Cutehector post=31035324]wat r u sayin. Ddnt u attest dat love is d most important?- Mr Hector the speaking are different there's one of the heavenly languauges which we confess through the holy spirit immediatly after being born again and bieng baptised with the Holyghost, and the other is interpretation of distinct languages which means u will b inspired to speak in many languages of this world,this is the gift you are arguing about,the latter is a language only heaven understand between holyspirit and God in heaven
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
[quote author=skylane post=31035810][/quote]u are right bro
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by Cutehector(m): 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:
lolz
I want u to win also
But I won't give up
now do u av holyspirit and u are sure?
I won't claim dat I hav d holyspirit becaus I speak in tongues! Rather I would claim dat d holy spirit is in me because I have love in me.

1 Like

Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by zyzxx(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
Cutehector:
I won't claim dat I hav d holyspirit becaus I speak in tongues! Rather I would claim dat d holy spirit is in me because I have love in me.
so u speak in tongues bro?
Re: Is Speaking In Tongues A Must For Pentecostal Pastors? by CANTICLES: 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
zyzxx:

What am trying to establish is that speaking is tongues is compousary

SHOW me the bible verse that says its compulsory

And when they receive did they speak " o sham para boliguonin shamarararara olallaaatuiun cadabra" ??

OR

They speak a well known foreign language ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? / Allah Word Written In Arabic Appears On Egg Shell / Is Trinity Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.