Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:20 AM

"Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (34567 Views)

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Towncrier247: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Shepard-in-charge of Genesis Model Int’l, Celestial Church of Christ, prophet Israel Oladele Ogundipe popularly known as Genesis, has described some Pentecostal pastors as “marketers.”

Ogundipe said this on Sunday September 11, 2016 at the Grand Ballroom of Oriental Hotel, Lekki, while giving a speech at the recently heard Excel 2016 in Lagos.
In his keynote address, Ogundipe who also doubled as the host said, “I see lot of Nigerian pastors as marketers. If you want to know a true pastor, he or she would be working on furthering the gospel and not to undermine the efforts of others".

He also noted that the opulent lifestyle of some so called men of God is appalling and not according to the command of God. “When i see a true pastor i know and when i see a marketer it will be glaring”, he said.

He admonished those who are confusing preaching the gospel with marketing of themselves for the accumulation of worldly riches.

However, Ogundipe was full of praises for men of God such as Pastor E.A Adeboye of Redeemed Christian Church of God and some others who have contributed immensely to the spread of the gospel

According to those who should know, Ogundipe allegedly said this against the backdrop of the blackmail leveled against him and his denomination, the Celestial Church by some Pentecostal pastors.

Ogundipe was said to have invited America born preacher, Dr. Mike Murdock to be part of Excel 2016, and in which the preacher agreed to as evident in the advert aired on Channels TV, a day to the event. But at the last minute, on his arrival in Nigeria, some Pentecostal pastors allegedly led by a Nigerian pastor who has the biggest church in UK, were said to have approached Murdock not to honour the invitation, alleging that his reputation would be soiled if he graces the event.

And on hearing this, the preacher made a U-turn and left the awaiting crowd disappointed.

However, the event went on fine as over 10,000 worshippers had a swell time, listening to the word of God and songs of praises. . Lanre Teriba, George Audu Sax, Big B, Lara George and the Genesis choir added excitement to the event with their performances.

Excel is said to be a yearly spiritual event mixed with praise, worship and motivational talks to propel participants to keep on excelling.
Mike Murdock: How Some Pentecostal Pastors Blackmailed Him From Attending Celestial Church Event

Details have emerged on why America born preacher, Mike Murdock disappointed over 10,000 people over the weekend by not showing up at this year Excel 2016, a celestial church of Christ concert organized by Genesis Model Parish in Lagos.
Murdock, who was contacted to motivate participants at the event on Sunday, September 11, 2016, was nowhere to be found even though his absence was not really felt.

According to findings, Murdock couldn’t attend the event, which was held at the Grand Ballroom, Oriental Hotel, Lekki, Lagos, as a result of blackmail leveled against the Celestial church by some Pentecostal pastors.

According to the host, prophet Israel Oladele Ogundipe popularly known as Genesis, he alleged that on hearing Murdock’s coming some pastors in Nigeria started calling to blackmail him from coming.

“They called Mike Murdock, saying that he should not come for a programme by white garment church in Nigeria. According to the Pentecostal pastors, white garment churches don’t have integrity. They told him that if he attends their programme he would soil his reputation”, the prophet said.

He also said he wondered why some so called Pentecostal pastors would go to such extent to blackmail a man of God from coming to Nigeria or taking part in a programme for the work of the gospel, noting that most of the so called Pentecostal pastors are marketers and not serious men of God.

According to findings, Ogundipe was said to have invited the preacher to be part of Excel 2016, and in which the preacher agreed to as evident in the advert aired on Channels TV, a day to the event. But at the last minute, on his arrival in Nigeria, some Pentecostal pastors allegedly led by a Nigerian pastor who has the biggest church in UK, were said to have approached Murdock not to honour the invitation, alleging that his reputation would be soiled if he graces the event.

However, even with Murdock’s absence, the event was a success as there was plenty to take home for participants in terms of spiritual blessings, entertainment and motivation to excel.

On the entertainment stand, Lara George, Lanre Teriba, Big B, George Audu Sax and the Genesis choir performed at the event.
Excel is said to be a yearly spiritual event mixed with praise, worship and motivational talks to propel participants to keep on excelling.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/09/popular-clergy-oladele-genesis-blasts.html

5 Likes

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by thugmansion(m): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by datrailblazer(m): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2016

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by bunmioguns(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
i just want my comment to appear because of my signature

1 Like

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by DozieInc(m): 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
Guy dey para for pentecostal pastors.
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by agwom(m): 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Ada9103(f): 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
Alright.....
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Guyman02: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
They are not marketers but motivational speakers, they are being used by the devil to bring division to Christianity which was the same thing that weakened the church in Constantinople (present day Turkey) allowing Islamists to take over. The Christians were so divided into denominations that they could not effectively confront the invading brutal Muslims in Constantinople and today Turkey is a Muslim country.

I dont care about the denominations, let everyone pray in the manner he thinks the Almighty God will hear but the body of Christ must not be in disunity.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by henrydadon(m): 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
high time u all wake up from the scam called religion

proud atheist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by FakeNEWSevryday: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by alienvirus: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
E.g bling bling pastor
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by omenkaGrazing: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
I see Cele people as those that swim in juju and rituals. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't see them as Christians neither do I call their shrine church.

They are a bunch of juju people gathered for rituals. embarassed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Politics in de church. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by LagosBoi2(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
They are those jealous of the glory of the Celestial Church, A church that keeps spreading worldwide without any advert or serious evangelism like theirs, some of them came to invite my wife to their church and she honoured as a Christian only for the pastor to start throwing bashes at white garment churches like they are idol worshippers like it's only their church that you can find Jesus. I trust my sweetie she stood up and walked out of the Church of Satan parading as church of God. They are everywhere, they hate white garment churches like they are the cleanest on earth

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by ladyF(f): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
I hope this isn't a case of pot calling kettle black. angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]

6 Likes

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by salabscholar01(m): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
ok
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Kofacts(m): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by brainpower(m): 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
We are too religious in this country. For the fact that he actually let himself to be blackmailed tells me he isn't even a true man of God but a preacher that's out their to deceive people. A true man of God can't be blackmailed because he works according to God's instructions. So to me it's good riddance.

Infact 95% of our Nigerian pastors or even all over the world are fake. Yes, they may the gift of vision and prophecy but how many of them can pray to make you get your heart desires?

10 Likes

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by dman4mdmoon(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
Who get time to read this long epistle! He is entitled to his own opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by ammyluv2002(f): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
omenkaGrazing:
I see Cele people as those that swim in juju and rituals. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Haba! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Elnino4ladies: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
He is right

1 Like

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Phemzeal(f): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
what a pity
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by oyinbayode(m): 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hmmmmm... ... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by drizslim(m): 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
More of Business Men

1 Like

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by recievesense: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
But we know
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by davodyguy: 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
he isnt lying at all

3 Likes

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Donshemzy1234: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
I don't just know what to say
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by gasparpisciotta: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
omenkaGrazing:

Have u ever been a member of the church....do not judge a book by its cover...
Foreigners labels Nigeria a bad lot....but are we all bad?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by vectoh(m): 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
kisspastor! pastor!! pastor!!!....am not understanding
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by vivalavida(m): 1:54pm On Sep 16, 2016
omenkaGrazing:

Gbam
Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by LagosBoi2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
omenkaGrazing:

You are a disgrace to Christianity, this is what your pastor teaches you, hatred for other Christians because they don't want to loose their ' gullible customers' like you to white garment churches, Is your life any better than theirs?, It's people like you that see wealthy Celestial and you conclude it is juju. Even babalawo's orientation is better than yours

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis by Emu4life(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
And d DECEIPT/BRAINWASHING CONTINUES.....NEXT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas In My Area (Photos) / Kayamo Chambers Withdraws From Stephanie Otobo & Suleman's Sex Scandal Case / Nathaniel Bassey, Dunsin Oyekan, Mercy Chinwo, Peter Obi At Unusual Praise 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.