Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie (2564 Views)

[opinion] For 5billion Naira Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Political Future / We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan / Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by MayorofLagos(m): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2015
http://allafrica.com/stories/201502230916.html

Abakiliki — Presidential candidate of the United Progressives Party (UPP) in the forthcoming general elections, Chekwas Okorie, has stated that the socio-political group Ohanaeze Ndigbo sold Igbo interest to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for re-election.

Speaking with journalists in Enugu, Okorie decried the situation where Ohanaeze leaders were fighting over bribe obtained for the endorsement of a presidential candidate.

According to him, when an umbrella body of Ndigbo would require inducement to give an endorsement, where lies the Igbo interest?

The UPP chair noted that if the leadership of Ohanaeze had gone to negotiate with the demands of their people, they would no have been asking for inducement to endorse Jonathan's re-election bid.

Okorie said he was surprised that, in spite of the sacrifices he has made for Ohanaeze and Igbo people in general, he offered himself for the presidency, which Igbos have been yearning for, and yet those who call themselves Igbo leaders did not support one of their own, but endorsed Jonathan.

"I feel disappointed. But I feel that Ohanaeze has betrayed Ndigbo more than I feel betrayed. You see, they have brought shame to Ndigbo. Look at an umbrella body like Ohanaeze.

"They are now exposing themselves to public ridicule. They are now accusing them of collection N5 billon for an endorsement and they are denying they didn't collect.

"But, definitely, they are dishing out some money to chapters of Ohanaeze. Where did that money come from? At the same time, the current President-General of Ohanaeze is shamelessly telling the public that Rotimi Amaechi and Rochas Okorocha are funding the other side, that is the Ralph Obioha, Mbazulike Amechi side.

"You now have an Ohanaeze that is drawing money outside Igboland to fight each other. So, I feel disappointed as a person, but I feel sorry for Igbo people because these people have betrayed them," he said.

Meanwhile, former Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ambassador Frank Ogbuewu, who is the Deputy Coordinator of the Jonathan/Sambo 2015 Presidential Campaign organisation in Ebonyi State, has said that Governor Martin Elechi is against the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan and all the candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 elections.

Ogbuewu, while declaring that the PDP in the state does not need the help of the governor to ensure victory for Jonathan and all it candidates, said that, "Elechi was not a member of PDP and there is no way such character can make Jonathan lose in the state."

Briefing newsmen in Abakaliki, he stressed that though Elechi has no capacity to make Jonathan lose in Ebonyi, the political situation in the state is unique as "this is the first time in the state where a PDP government is working for the opposition Labour Party at the state level and also pretending to be working for the PDP presidential candidate".

Ogbuewu said: "How can Elechi claim he is working for Jonathan when he has not attended any of the PDP rallies in the state? We have a unique situation in Ebonyi.

"Elechi is still a PDP leader in the state because he has not openly denounced his membership but he has no capacity to make the President lose in Ebonyi because he is not a politician and he is not a member of PDP in the first place.

"In fact, the position he is occupying now came by chance. He took my chance, because he was not in the picture when an Ikwo man was needed".

He also re-affirmed that the governorship candidature of Dave Umahi has once more united all the stakeholders and political bigwigs in the state, expressing optimism that Ebonyi would be better off by the time Umahi wins because people would be free to volunteer ideas and money to develop the state.
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2015
LMAO LOL LWKMD Laff matterz laff patternz grin grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Chiaka(f): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Abakiliki — Presidential candidate of the United Progressives Party (UPP) in the forthcoming general elections, Chekwas Okorie, has stated that the socio-political group Ohanaeze Ndigbo sold Igbo interest to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for re-election.

Speaking with journalists in Enugu, Okorie decried the situation where Ohanaeze leaders were fighting over bribe obtained for the endorsement of a presidential candidate.

According to him, when an umbrella body of Ndigbo would require inducement to give an endorsement, where lies the Igbo interest?

The UPP chair noted that if the leadership of Ohanaeze had gone to negotiate with the demands of their people, they would no have been asking for inducement to endorse Jonathan's re-election bid.

Okorie said he was surprised that, in spite of the sacrifices he has made for Ohanaeze and Igbo people in general, he offered himself for the presidency, which Igbos have been yearning for, and yet those who call themselves Igbo leaders did not support one of their own, but endorsed Jonathan.

"I feel disappointed. But I feel that Ohanaeze has betrayed Ndigbo more than I feel betrayed. You see, they have brought shame to Ndigbo. Look at an umbrella body like Ohanaeze.

"They are now exposing themselves to public ridicule. They are now accusing them of collection N5 billon for an endorsement and they are denying they didn't collect.

"But, definitely, they are dishing out some money to chapters of Ohanaeze. Where did that money come from? At the same time, the current President-General of Ohanaeze is shamelessly telling the public that Rotimi Amaechi and Rochas Okorocha are funding the other side, that is the Ralph Obioha, Mbazulike Amechi side.

"You now have an Ohanaeze that is drawing money outside Igboland to fight each other. So, I feel disappointed as a person, but I feel sorry for Igbo people because these people have betrayed them," he said.

Meanwhile, former Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ambassador Frank Ogbuewu, who is the Deputy Coordinator of the Jonathan/Sambo 2015 Presidential Campaign organisation in Ebonyi State, has said that Governor Martin Elechi is against the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan and all the candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 elections.

Ogbuewu, while declaring that the PDP in the state does not need the help of the governor to ensure victory for Jonathan and all it candidates, said that, "Elechi was not a member of PDP and there is no way such character can make Jonathan lose in the state."

Briefing newsmen in Abakaliki, he stressed that though Elechi has no capacity to make Jonathan lose in Ebonyi, the political situation in the state is unique as "this is the first time in the state where a PDP government is working for the opposition Labour Party at the state level and also pretending to be working for the PDP presidential candidate".

Ogbuewu said: "How can Elechi claim he is working for Jonathan when he has not attended any of the PDP rallies in the state? We have a unique situation in Ebonyi.

"Elechi is still a PDP leader in the state because he has not openly denounced his membership but he has no capacity to make the President lose in Ebonyi because he is not a politician and he is not a member of PDP in the first place.

"In fact, the position he is occupying now came by chance. He took my chance, because he was not in the picture when an Ikwo man was needed".

He also re-affirmed that the governorship candidature of Dave Umahi has once more united all the stakeholders and political bigwigs in the state, expressing optimism that Ebonyi would be better off by the time Umahi wins because people would be free to volunteer ideas and money to develop the state.

Is this about tribe or party I don't get, the talk should be about a party and Nigeria as a country right?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by saintikechi(m): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2015
Okorie if you can't beat them, you join them and stop making noise

GEJ TILL 2019

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by NeduLuiZ(m): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2015
Does not change the fact that am gonna work 10hrs today
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by patrick89(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

we have heard you.. GEJ till 2019... Go to sleep!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 25, 2015
Very shameful on the part of Ohanaeze which has become an object of ridicule to Ndi Igbo.

Smh

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Redoil: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
Very shameful on the part of Ohanaeze which has become an object of ridicule to Ndi Igbo.

Smh
just as tinubu is selling Yoruba to awusa

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 25, 2015
Redoil:
is that a justification for the shameful actions of Ohanaeze?

9 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by clevvermind(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:

Smh
your post is always senseless. i don't even know the people liking your comments. grin

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Redoil: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
is that a justification for the shameful actions of Ohanaeze?
at least the igbo people knows that something is wrong and are working toward it but people like you and ur fellow yorober cyber thugs who are suppose to be fighting in oshodi are blind deaf and dumb to tinubu action

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 25, 2015
Redoil:
tinubu selling yorubas to hausas, as purported by you, is getting them the VP slot. What has ohaneze selling off Ibos to the minority ijaws gotten you guys? A picture bridge? A plate of rice is even better than that. You guys shamelessly abandoned chekwas okorie just to kowtow to an ijaw man thesame way you abandoned ojukwu at the polls. Shame

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by dre11(m): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2015

This so call endorsement is always laced with monetary inducement.
So the presidency have brought that soul and integrity with a pot of porridge

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 25, 2015
Chief Chekwas,
I love and respect you sir!
but fr this coming elections, it is Jonathan!

Any of our people not voting Jonathan must be politically naive!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2015
Redoil:
[s] at least the igbo people knows that something is wrong and are working toward it but people like you and ur fellow yorober cyber thugs who are suppose to be fighting in oshodi are blind deaf and dumb to tinubu action [/s]
As usual,you're not making sense.

Next abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Kingofdevils: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:

Smh

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget
Obasanjo is a monkey
Lier Muhammed is charlatan
Amaechi is a thief
Oshiomole is a scallywag
Kwankwanso is a cow
Ambode is a clown
Aregbesola is a nincompoops
Fashola is a hooligan
Oyegun is vulture
Delemomodu is pig
Igbokwe is a goat
Gej till 2019
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Kingofdevils: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:

Next abeg!

Sharap or I'll rape you in the asss

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2015
clevvermind:
your post is always senseless. i don't even know the people liking your comments. grin
you guys have lost relevance. Currently, GEJ is touring SW begging the leaders and Obas for support and votes. Can such be said of the SE?

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by waternogetemeny: 8:59am On Feb 25, 2015
Leave Chekwas Okorie, every general election some Abo.ki and Ofe.manu will pay one snake to crawl out from the stone and divide igbo vote.

Hence forth any candidate that get Ohaneze endorsement is Ndiigbo candidate.

We dont want rebels in the house. Go outside and rebel. Anuofia!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Kingofdevils: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
you guys have lost relevance. Currently, GEJ is touring SW begging the leaders and Obas for support and votes. Can such be said of the SE?

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Redoil: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:

Next abeg!
it is well. What stage is the preparation of ur wedding with cramjones gotten to?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by ckmayoca: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2015
Any leader that imposes a politician on his follower doesn't worth to be call a leader. Election is free will base on ur own reason and choice.
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Kingofdevils: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2015
Redoil:
it is well. What stage is the preparation of ur wedding with cramjones gotten to?

Sharap mugu

Berem is my wife and it's my daily tasks to fork the hell out of her
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Redoil: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2015
Kingofdevils:

Sharap mugu

Berem is my wife and it's my daily tasks to fork the hell out of her
we all know that cramjones is only a circus clown and cannot be compared to the king of the devils berem future husband

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2015
Too many certified ediots on this thread.

*unfollows*

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by NDPVF(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2015
Igbos knows the right time to launch out.
Okorie should go and rest.
When that time comes,even the sea will roar.

BTW, i saw Gov.Amaechi funding Ohanaeze Ndigbo.is he now an 'igbo'?.useless man.
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Reminez(m): 9:08am On Feb 25, 2015
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Kingofdevils: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2015
Redoil:
we all know that cramjones is only a circus clown and cannot be compared to the king of the devils berem future husband
grin
Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by clevvermind(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2015
berem:
Too many certified ediots on this thread.

*unfollows*
gringrin you dey run abi?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Sold Igbo Interest to Endorse Jonathan - Okorie by Kingofdevils: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2015
clevvermind:
gringrin you dey run abi?

She don sight me come dey run

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Wailing Wailers Unveils Official Logo ! / Amazing Facts About The Ijaw Nation That Make Her Stand Out / The Undiluted Truth ....jonathan's Administration Was The Best Since 1960.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.