Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317069 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 6:41am On Mar 24, 2015
That's to bad Adeola.. Well its not really your fault
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2015
--continuation--
The door into the large and spacious control room opened and a young lady in her early twenties walked in.
"Hey." Clara greeted.
"Hi." The lady replied walking towards her boss.
"I called you and I promise not to take much of your time. Come with me." Clara led her to the extreme end of the hall where control circuits bearing a computer each was located.
"Take a sit." Clara said huskily.
The lady carefully sat down awaiting the next instruction when she felt a cold metal on her sides. She curiously looked at the cause of the coldness, then she saw it.
"Agent Clara, what's going on?" The lady asked fearfully.
"Mark gave you an instruction to download the footage of activities around the questioning room corridor, how far have you gone with it?" Clara asked.
"I have downloaded it halfway when you called me out." She replied.
"Fine, you'll delete your computer history from here and in turn run a tab search on his mobile phone, get me the last five calls he made. Now." Clara said.
"But..." The lady tried to protest.
"No buts. Do what I asked you to do and we are squared."
"I need a combinate." She said.
"Combinate, use the common combinate, you have three minutes." Clara replied.
"I will be in trouble."
"I will pull the trigger if you say one more thing." Clara warned.
The lady punched in some keys using the keyboard and after a minute, she dropped the bombshell.
"Someone is retrieving the video from my computer."
"What? Block the access." Clara said.
"I can't." The lady replied.
"Why?"
"I can't block the access of one computer, my identity would be revealed."
"Then block every computer in this building the access." Clara said without battling an eye lid.
The lady kept mute for a minute, thinking about what Clara just said.
"If I block every computer, that will raise and alarm and experts would be sent to rectify the problems. They'll find us here."
Clara ignored her and kept her eyes glued to the screen.
"Did you see that? Seventy five percent progress." She said corcking the gun in the process and with eyes closed in regret, the lady punched her computer a few more times and the screen turned green and boldly written was 100% SUCCESS.
"Let's get out of here before someone finds us." The lady said rising to her feet, but got the shocker of her life when Clara hit her hard on the head and the next moment, she fell to the ground and passed out.
--------------
Mark having dialled the line placed on station thirteen with no one picking up, he decided to go and see the lady himself, but to his suprise, he met her absence, which prompted him to sit over her computer to retrieve the file himself.
Halfway into getting the video converted he felt someone tamper with the computer, but with the little knowledge he has, he handled the situation, he was five percent away and two minutes away from completion when the computer lost connection, the screen blank.
"Dammit!" He muttered.
And just as he turned on his chair to the next person beside him, realised that the problem was general.
"What's the matter?" He asked.
"Someone just tampered with the control room." The lady replied rising to her feet.
"So, where are you going?" Mark asked.
"Going to check it of course. And see if I can rectify it." She replied.
"I'll come with you." He added.
She walked to the centre of the hall and spoke at the top of her voice.
"Cool down guys, I am off to check whatever went wrong."
Half a minute later, they were descending the stairs into the control room.
"Waoh! This is beautiful. So, what are we going to do now?" Mark asked.
"Just watch me." She said as sat in front of a computer.
Mark whose knowledge doesn't add up to rectifying problems or carrying out bigger tasks on the electronice gadget used the opportunity to walk round the very large hall whose walls was covered with screens, such that, one wouldn't need a flashlight to find ones way in the dark, but switching on all the computer will lit the hall.
"Oh my God!" He exclaimed as he squatted beside the motionless body of a young lady in her early twenties.
"Urgent medical attention is needed in the control room." He said as he removed his gun.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2015
Clara mean this oo,so wicked
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2015
Clara is da devil's advocate.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2015
clara d action lady! me likey
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 8:48am On Mar 24, 2015
Now the battle begins....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2015
Yeeh!! Clara u own has finished, how do u intend to kom out of this? Hmmm Mark i‘m begining to lyk ur saviour‘s spirit. Kip up d gud wrk dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Olanireti(m): 11:48am On Mar 24, 2015
Clara may be made to pay big time. The lady must be rescued so she can explain everything that happened. Good job dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is clara"s end
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2015
interesting dee

Mark is disappointing me.As a detective, you shouldn't reveal your plan to your suspect except its a trap or u av a backup plan.
Clara has anticipated the move and made a move to eliminate the evidence which she has done successfully.

But i bliv that a high-tech anti-terrorist organisation like NATU should have very good programmers.

the programmers should be able to retrieve the lost data.
every data is stored on a backup server.

clara: things we do to cover up our mistake.

D9ty7:

"Take a sit." Clara said huskily.
i'll like to bring your attention to the bolded. it should be seat.
sit is d action word. seat is a noun.

welldone.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
interesting dee

Mark is disappointing me.As a detective, you shouldn't reveal your plan to your suspect except its a trap or u av a backup plan.
Clara has anticipated the move and made a move to eliminate the evidence which she has done successfully.

But i bliv that a high-tech anti-terrorist organisation like NATU should have very good programmers.

the programmers should be able to retrieve the lost data.
every data is stored on a backup server.

clara: things we do to cover up our mistake.

i'll like to bring your attention to the bolded. it should be seat.
sit is d action word. seat is a noun.

welldone.

Did you come to read or come to correct? undecided

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by darksuit(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
MzNelly:

Is it impossible to do both? undecided

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
darksuit:

Is it impossible to do both? undecided

Do just one
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by darksuit(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
MzNelly:

Do just one
If he chose to correct, he'd have to read first wouldn't he? grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
darksuit:

If he chose to correct, he'd have to read first wouldn't he? grin

embarassed Yes.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by darksuit(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
MzNelly:

embarassed Yes.
K. That's all
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
MzNelly:

come on!

Dee is my guy
I do give him constructive criticisms.

this is what ever writer needs. makes them better

is he complaining undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

come on!

Dee is my guy
I do give him constructive criticisms.

this is what ever writer needs. makes them better

is he complaining undecided

sad
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
--continuation--
Mark led a team of uniformed security officers into the medical wing on the N.A.T.U and approached the female doctor on duty.
"Hi." Mark said tapping her from behind.
"Hey... Mark, we meet again." She exclaimed happily. "Come with me." She said dragging him towards her office.
Mark sat down gently on the visitor's chair while the lady walked into another room and the next minute, she returned with wets hand and without her medical overall attire. Mark took his time to admire the small tasteless office, which was devoid of decoration of any sort, and to say, the lady who own the office was a girlish type of person, who believed in her looks and charms. Even Christina who acts like a tomboy has one of the most wonderfully decorated office in the agency.
Well, who would blame them? Afterall, Tina was a level four agent whose salary is five figured, so, she could decide to decorate her office to her taste.
"What brings you here?" She asked as soon as she sat down.
"A lady was brought her hours ago, she was knocked out and I was told that she is awake. I have some questions fot her." He explained.
"You want to question a patient under recupperation and you are coming with an army of uniformed men. Mark, that's too much." She said.
"Its like you don't know her offence. She is a suspect and she must be questioned."
"I was filled in when she was brought in and as a professional, what I think she need now is an environment where she can rearrange her head. You know she almost lost a part of her memory, as a result of the hit and her fall." She explained. "I would have adviced you to let her be for the next two days before you question her, but that will be too risky, but don't intimidate her. Just talk to her normally, when she is psycologically strong to answer questions and if possible, taken into holding, I'll let you know." She advised.
"Okay, I will do just as you said." Mark replied as he pressed his walkie talkie.
"You guys can go back to your duty post." He said before facing her. "What next?"
"You can go in an question her now."
"Do me a favour by coming with me." He requested.
----------
Clara gently tip toed into the ward where according to her source in the medical department, the lady she attacked inside the control room was being treated. She stood carefully at the door, looked intently at the four beds located at strategic places in the ward, the occupants of three out of those beds were fast asleep, with their backs turned to the door, she carefully approached the lady who was awake.
"Hi." She whispered as she sat beside her.
"Hello." The lady replied trying to recollect where she knew her. Then it hit her. "You!" She screamed.
Clara quickly moved into position and covered her mouth with her palms.
"sshhhhhh. Don't talk." she pleaded.
The lady stuggled for a minute, but couldn't free herself, one because she was almost in a lying position and two because she was still in pains.
"Quit struggling and let's talk." She pleaded.
The lady stopped struggling and face Clara with an angry scowl, even though, the fear of the unknown could be read from her facial expression.
"What do you want again? You want to finish me abi?" She asked.
"I came to strike a deal with you." Clara replied looking around in case someone might be eavesdropping.
"What deal?" She asked.
"You keep mute about every secret between us and I pay you one million naira." Clara offered.
"I am no gold digger. My basic salary in a year and allowances is above a million naira." The lady replied.
"Fine, five million. Deal?" Clara offered.
"I am not going to see my conscience for money. Keep your money, I will serve my fatherland. And mind you, killing me won't solve the problem you are in already. You failed to cover your tracks, you should have compelled me to clear the retrieval system, but you were too hasty to do that. Even though it will take days before the file is located, but be sure that it will be located.."
Clara's head burst into deep thoughts. Truly, she has nothing to gain by killing the young lady in front of her, but on the other hand, everyone in the agency might not have thought about the retrieval system, and if she was able to get this obnoxious lady out of the way, she would forcefully compel another computer analyst into clearing off the retrieval system.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

grin
Oga mi sir, I love the criticisms and corrections, please don't stop to point out my mistakes.

cry
Aunty mi toh sure, abeg no vex for Logo, that's his job on Nairaland.
You are a writer too, so you know how it feels when someone corrects you, it makes you want to get better.
I know you must have been seeing some of my mistakes, please point them out, so I can improve.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
D9ty7:

Oga mi sir, I love the criticisms and corrections, please don't stop to point out my mistakes.

Aunty mi toh sure, abeg no vex for Logo, that's his job on Nairaland.
You are a writer too, so you know how it feels when someone corrects you, it makes you want to get better.
I know you must have been seeing some of my mistakes, please point them out, so I can improve.

Lmao!
Na u b boss o! grin

It takes a lot of mental strength and ability to compose this wonderful story.
na u dey try pass and na u b boss! grin

I won't. Its all for goodwill. smiley

I think she's just joking grin

I need more update o. smiley

I wish clara kill that girl. and then, when she's about to leave, she would be caught.
Epic! grin

No twist am again o cheesy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

tongue Stop derailing his thread and stop telling us what will happen next
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by alabig(m): 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
Clara is taking enough for the owner to see.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Clara d bad fruit
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
clara d action lady! me likey

mor updates dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dis gal ur cup don dey full o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
chai, clara iyaff want to gimme heart attack oh! D9ty7, pls i need mooooooorrrrrrreeeeee!!! Pleeeaaaaasssseeeee !
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
MzNelly:

tongue Stop derailing his thread and stop telling us what will happen next

Lol!

The side talks are necessary to keep the thread alive as long its about the topic.
Okay. I'll stop derailing.

D9ty7 loves these kind of things.
Just wait and see. The next update myt not b what you're anticipating.

I love his twists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by crystalsaint(f): 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

From the story so far.

Seems they arent
we shall see.. as for me I believe and am so sure they are related..we can ask the writer..uhmmmm....let us wait and see who is right ...the right person must get a price..what price?lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.