Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317115 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Update drops later tonight. I have been unbanned.
@lilyomi: thanks sweet
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
welcom back
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Orlolahdey(f): 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
welcome back dee...am waiting patiently for the update
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chris is getting desperate, wats wrong wit tina? D9ty7,Weldon oh
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2015
angry
D9ty7:
Update drops later tonight. I have been unbanned.
@lilyomi: thanks sweet
oga dee thank you so much for what yhu did... muwahhhh
u said later tonight but dint see anything and no update again dis mawwen wwtin apn na undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Shebarh:
angryoga dee thank you so much for what yhu did... muwahhhh
u said later tonight but dint see anything and no update again dis mawwen wwtin apn na undecided
Fire no dey na
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2015
D9ty7:
Fire no dey na
fire ke.. but u promised us ..drop one update for us na...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2015
Shebarh:
fire ke.. but u promised us
..drop one update for us na...
I am almost done with the updates, but to open my microsoft word and type will drain my battery. I can only type when I have between 90 and 100%.
I can't afford to be cut out of my daily activities on my gadget.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2015
D9ty7:

I am almost done with the updates, but to open my microsoft word and type will drain my battery. I can only type when I have between 90 and 100%.
I can't afford to be cut out of my daily activities on my gadget.
chisos cwist so we go wait till u v 100% on ya phone... so we should not be xpctn update for now till lyt reach ya side..nawa o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
Shebarh:
angryoga dee thank you so much for what yhu did... muwahhhh
Doin sumfin da came up.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
--continuation--
Danny Lovato stepped into the parking lot to have a final word with his men before leaving for the biggest executions of their lifes.
"Are you guys set?" He asked.
"Yes sir." They replied.
"Where is the commander?" He queried as he ran his hand over the bomb built by a group of the teenage students under his tetulage.
"Here sir." The dark skinned commander replied walking out of the building.
"How prepared are you?" Lovato asked.
"Prepared to an extent that we knew its either we execute this smoothly or we die." They chorused.
Lovato smiled. "Hope you are not forgetting anything? Remember, Christina James' office is just above the ICT hall. Find a way to outsmart her eagle eyes. The bomb destination is on the East wing of the building where Collins office is located. Find someone to shield him from coming out. And finally, remember the American. He has no office, he moves from one spot to the other, therefore, you have to subdue him. He must not be near the west wing throughout the operation." Lovato explained to the men who listened attentively, even though they have heard all he was saying countless times, but as it was Danny Lovato's number rule to be attentive even if he was explaining the meaning of their name. "And let the digital map be your closest companion and guide. And in case anything goes wrong, put a call through to Clara, she can help." Lovato concluded.
"Permission to move..." The commander requested.
"Granted."
One after the other, the men filed into the waiting van and minutes later, they drove out of the compound.
Almost immediately, one of the uniformed me flanking Lovato brought out a phone and dialled number, after which he walked a little distance away from others.
------------------------------------------
Clara walked out of the bathroom dressed in her night robe as she cleaned her wet sleepy face with a medium sized towel. Her ringing phone caught her attention as she immediately made for the bedside table where her phone lay.
"Hello." She said calmly.
"Am I speaking with Miss Clara?" A male voice asked from the other end.
"Miss Clara?" She asked. "No, you are not speaking with Miss Clara, but Mrs Nneoma." She replied.
"I guess its a wrong number then. Sorry for the disturbance."
"No problems." Clara replied.
"Am Hafiz." The man said before the line went dead.
Clara looked into the giant mirror occupying the entirety of one of the three partitioned doors of her wardrobe.
"Good Clar, you are still smart." She said as she made triumphant 'thumb up' sign to her figure in the mirror. That moment, her phone vibrated.
"You have a new text message." The automated customer service voice said.
She calmly picked up her phone and as expected, the message was from the number she just ended calls with less than a minute ago.
The boys are moving in any moment from now. Be on your computer and have you phone closeby, you will be putting them through on how to and how not to move. Particularly, the lock codes. FROM: DL's Army The message read. Apart from knowing who the sender was, she knew what the message was all about. And her pretending to be someone else minutes ago was down to the fact that for security reasons based on the controversy sorrounding her, she has to be wary of the calls she makes or receive.
Clara smiled as she tighten her robe around her body and immediately went for her laptop computer.

--to be continued--
I decided to drop this one so today doesn't pass us by. All thanks to Shebarh who would not let me be. I promise two updates before 12noon tomorrow.
Goodnight!

3 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
Awww!Dis is short na. Tanx anyways, but I pray their mission fails
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ritzeluv(f): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
I can't fit wait till tomorrow. Chai dis tory sweet o.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2015
when will dis clara die ehn.... oga dee tanks for d update... u said twelve.. no fall my hand ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2015
Shebarh:
when will dis clara die ehn.... oga dee tanks for d update... u said twelve.. no fall my hand ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I hate to fall people's hand. For a start, lemme drop one first.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2015
--continuation--
General John-Paul was seated behind the desk in his office when his wife barged into the office.
"Madam, this is not right." His secrtary pleaded with his angry wife.
"Martha." General John called his secretery.
"yes sir?" The young lady faced his boss. Seeing the angry look on his face, she couuld not but apologize. "I asked her to state her mission, but she ignored and brushed past me."
"You can go." General Paul said dismissively.
The secretary bowed and with one last angry stare at the elderly woman beside her, she marched out of the office.
"What are you looking for?" General paul asked immediately.
"Is she one of the girls you shamelessly sleep with every other day?" His wife replied.
"What are you talking about?"
"I was suprised you didn't scold her for trying to deny me entry and embarrassing me in the process." His wife explained.
"Stop making excuses. You embarrassed yourself. You weren't expecting her to throw the door open the moment she sae you, were you?" He said angrily. "She doesn't even know you."
"In my husband's office?"
"Point of correction, the state defence house where your husband has an office." General Paul corrected. "Why are you here?"
"My son." His wife replied.
"What happened to him?" General Paul asked.
"You promised to bring him back home today. And today is exactly one week since you visited his abductors, where is my son?" She poured out. "Paul!"
"Your son will be home at due time, it could be today or any other day, but be rest assured that my Chidi will be back home safely." General Paul explained calmly.
"Are you human at all? Are you happy with how miserable I look? Which parent will sit down comfortably in office and go about his day's work without hitches when his only son is in the kidnappers den. Do you think I sleep every other night?" His wife poured out. "This is a matter of an only son. I should be making plans on my own as the mother of the boy in question, but since you are the father, you have everything at your beck and call, money, man power, arms and ammunitions, I felt you can get to rescue Chidi."
"Labake! I won't have you talk to me anyhow inside my office." General Paul cautioned his wife.
"It has come to that? Yes, I know it will come to this. You will meet me at home." With this, Mrs Labake John-Paul stormed out of her husband's office.
"Nonsense!" General Paul said to himself.
His ringing phone caught his attention, and checking the caller, it was Danny Lovato.
"Hello Danny." He said.
"John-Paul General.... Good morning." Lovato greeted with a laugh. "How do you do?"
"Good."
"I love that. Tomorrow is the deadline. Anthony is loosing patience." Lovato said.
"I know, Christina James is on her way here." General John-Paul replied.
"I want her left eye." Lovato whispered. "Excecute her without blinking an eye." Lovato said.
"Am on it."

--tbc--

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by hadease(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
every evil plan on tina and her son shal nt suceed
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Hennyhorlah(f): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Oga d9ty7,dis is too short nah,try making it more longer dan dis.......waiting patiently for d next episode
shud i buy u some popcorn nd sachet water
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
hadease:
lol ;Dbro easy dis is fiction... don't get too emotional... oga dee dat update short o but u try jae chop small knucku
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
hadease:
Dis one is strong! Y'know itz written already, so don't be disappointed when things take a new turn.

Nice work Dee!! Expecting More!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
--continuation--
Tina descended the stairs from her office with Christopher closely behind her. The time was 9:15am.
"When are you going to be back?" Chris asked.
"In few hours time. Say two." Tina replied.
"Okay." Chris said unhappily.
"Will you stay with Collins or sit in the common room?" She asked once they were on the landing inside the ICT hall of over twenty computer persons were working.
Chris weighed his options. Staying with Collins means he being grounded. As Collins was more of a office person, Chris knew the two hours he is likely to spend with him would be behind the doors of his office. He would have accepted to stay with Collins a week ago, but right now, as it stands that Collins was using him to get close to his mum, he was tempted to hate him. The thought of Collins telling him how much he loved his mother came flashing and he could not help but chuckle at the thought of what Collins asked of him.
"Mum, Uncle Collins loves you and he wants to marry you. Please don't say no." Chris couldn't help but burst into laughter, even though he dabbed his palm over his mouth immediately.
"Chris, are you okay? You've been deep in thought for over a minute and now you are laughing." Tina asked.
"Am fine. I'll be in the common room." He replied.
"Are you sure?" Tina asked. "Won't you get bored?"
"I'll survive." Chris replied.
"Okay, see you...."
"In two hours." Chris completed before running towards the west wing of the building.
"Agent Tina, seems you are goiing out?" A young security man asked once he saw Tina with her handbag.
"Yes," Tina replied.
"Official outing or unofficial?"
"Unofficial. I will take three hours off and make up the three hours by showing up on sunday." Tina bargained.
"Good! Am not registering your outing. Your hundred percent record still on." The man said with a laugh before the security door admitted Tina within and off she exited the N.A.T.U premises.
-------------
A black SUV drove into the N.A.T.U premises and a young man of about thirty nine years alighted with a black suitcase which matched his suit and trouser, as he had a white shirt and a black tie on.
"Welcome sir." The security at the entrance greeted.
"Thank you." The man replied. "I am Agent Spencer." He said.
"Your keycard please." One of the security men requested and Spencer subsequently handed his keycard to him. The security slotted the keycard into a card reader which confirmed his identity.
"John Spencer, thirty nine years, level four clearance. Field operative." The security man read out. "Am I right?"
"Yes you are."
As the security man made to remove the keycard, he looked at his computer screen, looked back at Spencer.
"You have a blurry photograph on your keycard which is unlike N.A.T.U. I doubt the genuinty of of your card." The security man remarked as he punched some keys on his computer, the same time when Spencer sent a quick message to his inside ally and outside ally, Clara.
"Let me have your biometric data please."
Spencer knowing that the biometric registered on the card was that of Clara, while the only change they could make on the card was erasing the data, but the biometric data couldn't be erased. Either he allowed to security have his way and his cover blown or he find a way to escape and his death warrant signed.

--tbc--

3 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
I pray they dont succeed o! Nd sumtin shud come up so dat dey can call Tina bck........D9ty7, pls grant my wish, biko!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by yemiisaac: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
D9ty u re keenly followed
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thanks broooo, have been miss out.... I got mail.....
God ll rescue tina and chris
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hennyhorlah:
Oga d9ty7,dis is too short nah,try making it more longer dan dis.......waiting patiently for d next episode
shud i buy u some popcorn nd sachet water
yex and me too
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
omg chris went to the west wing!!choiii oga dee dat update small na.. but anyways yhu tried.. thanks so much
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Pukka36(f): 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hmmm,Boss,this update is more like a tease ooh.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 12:41am On Jun 12, 2015
Shebarh:
omg chris went to the west wing!!choiii oga dee dat update small na.. but anyways yhu tried.. thanks so much
abeg dont let anytin hpn 2 chris o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by lauda(f): 6:28am On Jun 12, 2015
Deee! Thanks for the updates, I waited so long for these.
Please don't go away for so long again Ooh!

I have one request: Please don't kill Chris or Tina, you can substitute dem with Collins, I wouldn't mind. Thanchyu!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2015
Shebarh:
undecided u must complain before u say u tank u
*no let me vex o shey u knw me*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2015
Onemansquad:

undecided u must complain before u say u tank u
*no let me vex o shey u knw me*
bia oms mind ya business o...olofofo... amebo..oga dee when r we receiving d next update
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Hennyhorlah(f): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2015
Onemansquad:
yex and me too
wetin b ur usefulness?na only useful pple i fit buy popcorn for

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.