Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317039 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:26am On Jun 05, 2015
Update drops later in the day. My absence was down to the fact that I spent the past week finishing my other story. Thanks for your patience

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
angryu said LATER IN THE DAY undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 5:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
Shebarh:
angryu said LATER IN THE DAY undecided
The last time I checked, there is no specific time for later in the day. Once the update is ready, I'll drop them

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
D9ty7:

The last time I checked, there is no specific time for later in the day. Once the update is ready, I'll drop them
OK..uv starved us enuf i hope d updates will be plenty grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
[quote author=D9ty7 post=34463149]
The last time I checked, there is no specific time for later in the day. Once the update is ready, I'll drop them[/quote

U dnt v to b harsh in ur response to those who follow u. It's like u r d aggresive type. Easy pls.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2015
D9ty7:

Later in d day is diff frm later in d evenin.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
ojjp:
Its nt about being harsh.... Doing something is different from owing someone.
This has been discussed many times. I have a life outside Nairaland. If I say I will update today and I didn't, I dnt think anyone is justified to complain.
Everything I do outside this forum is very important and will in one way or the other shape my future. I cnt because of a later in the day promise neglect my personal life or dealings.
I dnt think my response is harsh.
And for the records, everyone reading this story has a life outside this forum. You are expected to resume work at 7am and I update at 7am, will boycott work and read my story and get sacked or go to work?
The same applies to me.

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
ojjp:

Later in d day is diff frm later in d evenin.
I still believe that the evening is part of the day.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Haa! Oga dee
All dis tym u use in replyn could av use it to update, u‘r nt a newbie suppose to knw ya pple.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Deeninetyseven(m): 9:33am On Jun 06, 2015
--continuation--
"What did you just say?" Adeola asked angrily.
"I asked him to join us on a walk." Daniel replied.
"And why should he join us? He is a stranger and getting to walk with us is unheard of." Adeola explained.
"What's unheard of in meeting a young handsome boy in a golf club and asking him to walk with us. Is there a rule binding couples taking a walk?"
"I don't know." Adeola replied.
"Chris boy, stand up and lets go." Daniel said.
"Am sorry, I don't want to be a problem. It seems your wife doesn't want me around, even though I have never met her. Its obvious, she doesn't like me." Christopher spoke for the first time.
The brilliance with which the young boy spoke touched a nerve in Adeola who immediately let her guards down.
"You two can go ahead. Enjoy." Adeola said as she returned to her seat. Afterall, getting Chris close to his father makes her plan more easy to excecute.
-------
Two minutes later, Daniel led Chris into the only restaurant close by. As they sat down at an empty table, a waiter came by and bowed slightly.
"Good evening sirs." He greeted.
"Evening." Daniel replied.
"Am here to take your orders." The waiter informed.
"The menu." Daniel asked just in time when Chris tapped him to show him the menu which lay on the table.
"Chicken and chips." Daniel said.
"With or without ketchup?" The waiter asked.
"Of course with ketchup. Who eats chicken and chips without ketchup?" Daniel replied.
The waiter ticked the bigger paper board he had with him before moving to Chris.
"Yes, young man. Place your orders." The waiter said to Chris.
"Can I see the prices of your things here?" He asked.
The waiter handed a price list to Chris who calmly went through the variety of foods available.
"A pie and a bottle of coke will do." He said finally.
"Be back in a jiffy." The waiter said as he moved swiftly to another table where he didn't spend ten seconds, as the occupant of the table ordered for water.
"Order anything. The bill is on me." Daniel said.
"Well, my mum gave me some money. And moreso, I was taught not to collect things from strangers, gifts to be precise." Chris replied.
"Tina still hasn't changed." Daniel said.
"Do you know my mum?"
"Ask your mum that question." Daniel replied.
Moments later, the waiter returned with their orders and they ate silently for the next five minutes before Jimmy showed up.
"Here you are. Father and son." He said as he stopped by their table.
"Father and son? Where did you see that?" Chris replied and Jimmy as a sharp man knew at once that Chris was still in the dark concerning whi his father was.
"Can't you see you look cute together. Without doubt, even a blind man will attest to the fact that he is your father." Jimmy quickly replied.
"Are you guys done with the game?" Daniel asked.
"Yeah. Its 8:30pm already." He replied.
"So, who won?"
"The other guy did. He is a professional. He once represented Lagos state at the National sport festival in 2008." Jimmy replied.
"You better exchange contact with him. He should tutor you some more." Daniel mocked.
"you are the one who needs to be tutored here." Jimmy replied.
"Golf was never my thing."
"Hey! Chris." Mayor's voice sounded from the entrance into the restaurant.
"Yes?" Chris replied.
"Its getting late. You mum will be worried." He said.
As if waiting to be reminded. Chris dropped his spoon, stood up and eased himself out of his seat.
"Mr Daniel, its nice meeting you." Chris said before walking to meet Mayor who was becoming impatient.
FIVE MINUTES LATER Mayor was driving towards his elder sister's apartment.
"Did you enjoy yourself?" He asked as he took the bend that connects the main road to Christina's apartment.
"I did. Only that, I didn't get to play golf or learn to play properly." Chris replied.
"But, it was worth it."
"Yeah.... It was. I met one of the richest men in Africa and at the same time met the manager of the most succesful business empire in Africa." He replied.
Mayor gave a short laugh. "And that reminds me, do not mention the people you met to your mum, okay?"
"Why?"
"Your mum for some reasons best known to her doesn't want to be near Daniel Martins. Neither does she want you to be." Mayor replied.
"Why?" Chris asked.
"Am not in a position to tell you. Just don't tell her about the people you met."
"Its like they knew each other. I once saw the name Daniel Martin inside Mum's diary and this evening, Mr Daniel was calling mum by her first name."
"Ask your mum."

--tbc--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Deeninetyseven(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2015
--continuation--
Mark finally returned home after almost five hours outside.
"Welcome darling." Kimberly said as she walked out of the kitchen with open arms.
Even though his anger has reduced towards his beautiful wife, he still felt some resentment towards her.
He reluctantly allowed her hug him which was followed by a kiss which ended as soon at it started much to her disappointment.
"Am almost done with dinner." she informed.
"I ate already." He replied before walking into the bedroom.
Kim, the ever battle ready woman promptly followed her husband into the room.
"Where did you eat? Tell me. Did you visit that sl*t again?" She asked, but was ignored. "Mark, talk to me. You have a wife here at home and you still went on to eat in another woman's house. Isn't that crazy?"
Mark removed his shirt threw it on the bed, grabbed his towel and moved swiftly into the bathroom.
"Mark!" Kim screamed.
"Look here woman. You can scream all you want provided its not going to affect my baby." He warned from the bathroom.
Kim kept quiet almost immediately as she listened to him take his bath and minutes later, Mark stepped out dressed in his night robe.
"Mark!" she called.
"Yes? What is it?"
"Did you really go to Tina's house?" Her voice was calm.
"And what if I did?" He was obviously enjoying frustrating her.
"Answer my question. Did you or did you not?"
"Was that why you called Mum and told her lies about me?"
It is a norm for Nigerians to answer question with another question, but for two Americans to do that, one could not but agree that is a global thing.
"Is that the issue now?" Kim asked.
"Well, I am talking none other issue except this. Anything different from this, excuse me." And with this, Mark walked out of the room.
Immediately, Kim followed. "Mark! Are we even married at all? You no longer treat me with respect, was that the agreement?"
Mark who had vowed to keep mute no matter what his wife says couldn't keep the vow, not with the blame game she was trying to play.
"Respect they say is reciprocal. Do to me how you want me to do to you. Where was the respect when I pleaded with you not to come to Nigeria? Any little misunderstanding, you put a call to mum to win her to your side, therefore no matter how hard I try, I am always at fault. Do you call that respect?" He poured out. "Listen! I won't have you disturb the sh!t hell out of me. I have a job here and your presence is distracting me. First thing tomorrow morning, we will process your return travel document."
One need not to be told when a conversation is all but over, and in this case, Kim knew it was all over. Angrily, she stormed back into the bedroom, grabbed her phone and dialled the first number on her list.
"Hello mum." She said with a shaky voice.
"Hello darl, what's wrong?" Grace replied.
"Any little misunderstanding, you put a call to mum to win her to your side, therefore no matter how hard I try, I am always at fault. Do you call that respect?"
She remembered Mark's exact words a few minutes ago, and immediately, the urge to report him to his mother went away as quickly as it came.
"I called to inform you that he is back." She lied.
"Are you sure? Your voice is shaky."
"Am good." Kim replied.
"Okay. I'll talk to him later."

--tbc--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2015
nice.. tanx dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Tanx Dee,buh i've noticed dat ure not using D9ty7's account. Are u serving a ban
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Yemluvkid(m): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
thanks for d update baba dee.......
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
omotalkie:
Tanx Dee,buh i've noticed dat ure not using D9ty7's account. Are u serving a ban
i tink so too probably in nl jail
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dee is servin a ban n has asked me to update on his behalf. Sorry for da delay
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lilyomi:
oya drop d update na undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lilyomi:

Thanks Dearie......

*Kisses *
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
--continuation--The usual Monday morning rush was taking full swing as Tina drove to work with Chris seated on the passenger's seat. "Mum, when am I returning to school?" He asked. "As soon as the school management deemed it fit to re-open the school." Tina replied. "And when would that be? I mean, Chidi is still in custody, Micheal is still being held a hostage as well as Kalid. Three students in one school and you said the school will be re-opened." Chris replied. "Which of them is General John-paul's son?" Tina asked. "Chidi." Chris replied. "Okay." The journey continued in silence until Chris got bored and switched on the car radio hoping to get some early morning jamz to shake his head to, but to his disappointment, the early morning news was being read and just as he made to change the station, the business news was read. "The internations community has lauded the efforts of the largest business in the sub-saharan Arica, THE GODSON GROUP for her indefatigable efforts at revamping the agricultural sector and adding value to Africa's economy. Speaking at an event to mark the company's 10th year anniversary Ghana, the managing director of the group, Mr Daniel Martin who was represented by the company's public relations officer, Mr Ben Ebuka...." Tina switched off the radio. "Mummy, why?" Chris asked. "You are running the car battery." Tina replied. "The car battery?" Chris asked in suprise. "Ask me questions no more." Tina said with a tone of finality. The journey continued in silence save for the sounds made from other vehicles on the road and the various noise generating activities from other road users, particularly, the roadside traders? "And that reminds me. I met Daniel Martins yesterday and he claimed he knew you." Chris broke the silence inside the car. "Where?" Tina asked. "At the golf club." Chris replied. "And what happened? What did he say?" "Nothing, except that he payed for my meal and gave me his complimentary card." Chris replied. "Are you out of your senses? What did I tell you about taking things from strangers?" "Mum. He has a debit card with the restaurant and since we entered together, he paid for the meal without me knowing, even though I tried paying him back." "Shut up! Why did you go out with him in the first place?" "It was just a walk round the golf club." Chris replied. "Must you go with him? Aren't you aware of the implications? Even to your safety?" Tina asked. "Am sorry." Chris muttered. "I know what to do. I will have to take you to Grandma's place at Lekki." Tina concluded. "I am going to Lekki on a condition that you tell him whatever it is that is between you and Daniel Martins. You get angry everytime I talk about him." Chris replied. "Are you talking to me like that?" "No, but I need to know who this man is. Is he my father?" Chris asked. "This conversation is over." Tina said with a tone of finality just as she pulled of the main road unto the road that connects to the defence street where the N.A.TU headquarters is located. "Let me down." Chris said. "What?" Tina asked. "Am not going to work with you today." "And where will you go?" She asked. "I will take a cab to Uncle Mayor's house." "You must be out of your mind." Tina waved it off, but when Chris opened the door while the car was still in motion was when Tina knew how serious he was about leaving. "Are you out of your mind?" She asked angrily as she stopped the car in the middle of the road. "No, I am not, and yes I am. I am because I don't know my father, and I am not because I deserve to know him." "Shut that door and lets go." Tina commanded angrily as she switched on the ignition. Chris subsequently shut the door. THREE MINUTES LATER. Tina was pulling over in the parking lot when her phone rang. "Christina Jame here." She said. "Mabel from the Defence headquarters, Ikeja. General John-Paul, the officer commanding the Ipaja milliatary barracks asked to meet you at 11am today. The subject of the meeting would be sent to your office two hours before time." "Why will General John-Paul ask to see me personally? He doesn't even know me." Tina thought.

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
why can't tina just sit Chris down and tell him d whole truth before someone else does.. with dis her character i hope her son doesn't hate her o...oga dee PA tanx for d update
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 7:42am On Jun 07, 2015
Shebarh:
why can't tina just sit Chris down and tell him d whole truth before someone else does.. with dis her character i hope her son doesn't hate her o...oga dee PA tanx for d update
leave her mek she dey dia de form bruce lee

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2015
FuroGintle:
leave her mek she dey dia de form bruce lee
abi ooo... with d way she is doing daniel can easily tell Chris a big lie and he will biliv bcus he is desperate to know who his father is...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2015
Tina is pissing me off o, despite the fact that I like her so much..... She should just let Chris know about her father jare.....

She should stop hiding things from her Son....Chris might hate her if he learns about it from someone else.....

Abi Scentmarlc how will you feel if your mother is hiding things from you, *like not telling you who your father is?*

Lilyomi/D9ty7

Thanks for the update....

#KISSES

#TEAM SCENT
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2015
M beginning to dislike Tina
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2015
kwencypresh:
M beginning to dislike Tina

Even me sef undecided

#TEAM SCENT
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Orlolahdey(f): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2015
Tina y nw?....tanx for d updates dee/lilyomi
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by macpetrus(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
no comments..... just continue
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2015
I reserve my comment!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princesssusan(f): 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
D9ty7 aw far?

#Flow1759 all d way!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2015
Update drops later tonight. I have been unbanned. @lilyomi: thanks hun

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78