Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Faith Or Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Or Work? (438 Views)

This Is For Guys - Can You Work For Your Wife Or Work In Her Company? / Photo: How Christians In Borno Live (faith Or Foolishness)? / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faith Or Work? by Arrowman(m): 5:27am On Feb 26, 2015
I was reading the bible, from book of mathew chapter 25;31....46 in the text,jesus was actually speaking to his desciples on his second coming
this is the summary;

When the son of man shall come in company of angels,he shall gather the people from all nations,then he will seperate the good from the bad,and he will say to the good,be at my right hand side for
i was sick and u visited me,i was hungry u gave me food,i was in prison and u visited me,i was nacked and u clothed me,i was thirsty and u gave me drink,i was a visitor and u welcomed me....

And the good people would reply,lord when did we do all this good works to you?and the lord answered if you did all those good works to least among you,then you did it to me....

Then he will tell the wicked ones on the his left arm get away for u have not done any of these good works to the least among you....

The lessons from this text is that.....we can be very religious,yet if you dont care for the less previledge u shall be in hell !......
The next note i noted was that jesus said he shall gathered all people from all nations,he never mentioned christians,muslims,jews,english man,french man,jesus never mentioned igbo,hausa,yoruba etc....he further states that they are either good or bad persons....so it doesnt matter your religion or what you practice as faith,the qualities he listed above doesnt requires one to belong to a perticular faith before u practice them.....i noted that judgement day is basically going to be on #love ......i also take note that God is not concerned on hearing and understanding alone, but God is concerned on much practicing .....meaning faith alone can not save you but work and faith should move simultaneously....or have you forgoten the story of the rich man that came to jesus and told him that he has been observing the laws of Moses since birth?and jesus told him to go and sell all he has and come and follow him? ,,,,,,so u see God is not interested weither u pray all day long...what he want to see is mostly your relationship with others...your kind heart...your goodness...your humbleness...your kind gestures etc.....you cant claim you love God,while your heart is as hard as stone,u are wicked.u cheat,u fight etc,,,NO!!....u are supposed to be a role model in what u do....problem with men is that we do things that deeply within our conscience we know is bad,and yet we pretend that we are good,,,,,you are decieving yourself.....

Thank God both the christians,muslims and some other religions believed that jesus will come again,,,,and its still the same jesus that was listing those good qualities that will qualify us to paradise....its now left for me and you to decide..
God help us all...
Re: Faith Or Work? by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 26, 2015
Faith with Works.

I agree....partly.

(1) (Reply)

The Great Commission: Whose Responsibility Is It? / Kenyan Lawyer Sue Isreal For Killing Jesus / Why Do Some Pastors Lie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.