Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! (15589 Views)

Super Eagles Fifa 16 Ultimate Team: Road To 100 Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 12:34am On Apr 04, 2015
All d best[/quote]
crackdcode:
Good try Akinov.
I am a class A player but will not lose sleep over becoming an expert or master because I see no use for that.

A GM once said 'nowadays, if u dont become a GM at 13 years old, u might as well forget it'.

We start too late in Africa on every issue then rev our engines to maximum in order to catch up with foreigners who go slow and steady but started early.
All d best
The GM who said that is Vishy Anand, Impossible is nothing
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 12:38am On Apr 04, 2015
DAY 4 ( April 4, 2015)
# CALCULATION TRAINING
# Check out some Opening lines (raw lines)
# watch some tutorials (chess videos)
* Play a two game match vs *PETER*
* Organize

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by Whalewale(m): 1:24am On Apr 04, 2015
Lets play on www.Chess.com

search whalewale

Good luck
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by YoungBrain: 4:01am On Apr 04, 2015
there is a lot more to becoming good at chess than simply playing
more and more games.

Your memory organization and development has to be very good.
A strong control of the human memory is the distinguishing attribute of
grandmasters.

2 Likes

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by gabinogem(m): 4:28am On Apr 04, 2015
kaycshine:

Really?
yes dear... Very catchy
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by joywendy(f): 6:01am On Apr 04, 2015
cheesy cheesy

The Greatest Akinov!! Tuale! grin

Nice one!!

Wishing you the best wink

*following*
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by joywendy(f): 6:24am On Apr 04, 2015
killjoy:

truth is hw much fame. let me ask, wot is d name of d world grandmaster??!!!

u see, no one knows, even fewer care...

current world chess champion

Magnus carlsen...became a grandmaster at age 13

You have access to the internet, google it.

The fact that you dont know and you don't care doesnt mean others won't. It is not by force to comment undecided

BTW Everything isn't about fame.

3 Likes

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by wunderkiind(m): 7:02am On Apr 04, 2015
cao:

Wow...let's hope this is autocorrect or swipe's fault...if not, then the struggle is real for this guy.
grin grin Damn real struggle!!
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2015
@gabinogem you never talk wetin you dey find for kaycshine body,mermaid eyes ko, mammy water eyes ni.

@ joywendy
Here is a much more serious thread for Nigeria's Chess Talents, Our heroes and strong players are all capable of becoming Grandmasters but they lack sponsorship from the Corporate world Check and drop a comment on https://www.nairaland.com/2236179/need-corporate-sponsorship-nigerian-chess.
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by gabinogem(m): 7:30am On Apr 04, 2015
[quote author=chessguru post=32331377]@gabinogem you never talk wetin you dey find for kaycshine body,mermaid eyes ko, mammy water

her eyes na the thing I like for her body and I done tell her. .. or do u have anything u like in her body as well?
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by yorex2011: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
Personally i think one needs to take it slow.. Becoming a grandmaster is not a day's job... Learn one step at a time... Improve your opening repertoire, develop a playing style (strategist, tactician, positional player, etc), lots of endgame study.. Truth is we start late here.. I learnt chess when i was 8 buh never had anyone to teach me consistently or play with consistently.. I wudve been at least an IM by now..
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by ortopazz(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2015
nice
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by Ade5(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
sarutobie:
a chess thread actually made FP on Nairaland? I Must be dreaming. well if anyone here is really interested in the 'royal game' join the Facebook group (chess players association of nigeria CPAN)....gens una sumus.

That page is dry tho, what can be done?
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by Ade5(m): 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
trappatoni:
Nice to know you have high hope about your chess career.just wanna comment about the smith-morra gambit against the sicilian. You rarely see this gambit at the grandmaster level cos black can easily refute this. In my opinion its not a sound gambit.

If the gambit is declined or accepted? Or both?
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by yorex2011: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ade5:

If the gambit is declined or accepted? Or both?

Gambits everywhere.... My play basically is the ruy lopez, Sicilian and the semi slav depending on my oponent.. As white i like d ruy lopez, as black i like the open or najdorf Sicilian, then i play d semi slav against the queen gambit... I hate d english and french openings..
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by yorex2011: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sheikwonder:
Mr Chessguru,

I wish you goodluck-or should i say buhari...

Anyway,while I may not be very good at chess openings,my middlegames and endgames are better,and I believe I can give you a run for your money.My question is: Are you based in Lagos?
I knew i wud find you in this thread
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by Sheikwonder(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
yorex2011:

I knew i wud find you in this thread

Hey my man!!!

Did you see the time tag on our first posts? It was exactly 8:45pm...clearly we are kindred spirits!!!

Anyway,I generally despise memorising game openings,though the e4 "best by test" according to fischer is my favorite.

I've gone rusty in chess...I tried to play online at chess.com,but following a series of damaging defeats I resorted to using chess engines.I was found out and subsequently banned twice.Seeing you still play chess though gives me joy,if I can't beat anybody,I can at least beat you...
So I'm throwing a challenge for old time's sake... If you are up for another whitewashing,let me know...I've missed those days badly...

Cheers!!
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by yorex2011: 7:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Hey my man!!!

Did you see the time tag on our first posts? It was exactly 8:45pm...clearly we are kindred spirits!!!

Anyway,I generally despise memorising game openings,though the e4 "best by test" according to fischer is my favorite.

I've gone rusty in chess...I tried to play online at chess.com,but following a series of damaging defeats I resorted to using chess engines.I was found out and subsequently banned twice.Seeing you still play chess though gives me joy,if I can't beat anybody,I can at least beat you...
So I'm throwing a challenge for old time's sake... If you are up for another whitewashing,let me know...I've missed those days badly...

Cheers!!

Lolz... grin grin..
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
“Don’t count the days; make the days count.”

DAY 5 ( April 5, 2015)
CHESS FREE DAY !
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by gmobik: 11:32am On Apr 06, 2015
My singular appearance at the NBL GAMES back in 2003 fetched me joint 3rd with 7/9! Normally 7/9 should give you first or 2nd in a tournament
There I saw the evil of the Nigerian chess system a total waste.
Players dealing, players unwilling to play after the 4th round. All sorts of cheats added to my natural nervousness and migraine head aches.

The Nigeria sports festival held in Edo State a year earlier also showed just how many agberos where in the game at the time. All these added to demotivate me. Poor funding of the game. So it's not a career option in Nigeria. Most tournament prize money are peanuts to me.
When I knew I had almost totally lost the zeal was when I bought my favorite chess book from whiles I was a student hard copy from Amazon And I didn't even read it. Gosh. Back in school I read a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy with a candle and it was my happiest moment not even NEPA heat could stop me. I swallowed the ideas on my bed, I analyzed all d variations consumed the thots and feelings of the GMs explain d moment.
I trekked unbelievable distances to battle my friends computer The chessgrandmaster program. I later installed this on my own laptop and don't bother clicking it. I was convinced I was anointed to inherit Kasparov's throne. I threw all these away in search for money an adults lifestyle.

I play occasionally online and have a normal tournament players kind of rating 1850+ on chess.com and thus satisfying my urge beat someone.
One of my favorite quotes is I move each attacking piece with multiple intent
And sometimes the dynamics of a sacrifice is the spirit of the position,
In that moment your obliged to attack or lose the initiative -Mikhail Tal

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
@ gmobik
Nice to hear your take on Nigerian chess, i played board 3 for Ekiti State in 2002 Sports festival and chess is making progress and things are getting better.
DAY 6 ( April 6, 2015)
Entering the aggressive mode
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 1:49am On Apr 07, 2015
DAY 7 ( April 7, 2015)
-Calculation training
* ICHESS
*Greatest 365 Puzzles - Csaba
*101 Endgame tips
*My daily chess exercise
- Strategy/Ideas/plan
* Understanding chess (move by move) John Nunn
-Opening *** Basics*** Repertoire 'z'
*Go through some videos
-SILICON CLASH.

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 12:34am On Apr 08, 2015
DAY 8 ( April 8, 2015)
-Calculation training
* ICHESS
*101 Endgame tips
*My daily chess exercise
- Strategy/Ideas/plan
-Opening *** Basics*** Repertoire 'y'
*Go through some videos
-SILICON CLASH.
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 1:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
DAY 10 ( April 10, 2015)
-Calculation training
* ICHESS
*101 Endgame tips
*My daily chess exercise
- Strategy/Ideas/plan
-Opening *** Basics*** Repertoire 'y'
*Go through some videos
-SILICON CLASH.
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 8:42am On Apr 26, 2015
Preparation has been seriously on.......been too busy to update here.... but update will surely continue Progress report**
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 2:07am On Apr 28, 2015
ADJUSTMENT OF PLANS*** Being flexible is part of a potential champions attributes

I got Premium membership of a to Chess site today , therefore my training is going to be extensively based on the training program on the website which is believed to be world class.
a working program has now been developed where the immediate, short term & long term aims and tasks is clearly defined. The most important short-term goal was to achieve a performance level that will make it possible to fulfill the FIDE requirements for the GM title in competitions. (African Individuals standard) To this aim, i have designed the schedule and its content and also arranged participation in various competitions. training process includes participation in some active chess tournaments with the time controls of 15, 10 and 5 minutes per game". (http://www.convekta.com/softscho/l1/lesson_3.html ) was a good guide to me in formulating a better preparatory system for this task **
The Short term target is to gradually improve bit by bit every day (steady)
Using the Tools on the chess website ***
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2015
Its about 22 weeks to the NBl and there has been a little adjustment to my training regimen and content. I am now adopting the training regimen code named C - WORLD where i shall be training 1. Opening (Basic at this level) 2. Tactics 3. Strategy 4 Endgame using a foreign coach Code named CM-2700 .
in the C - WORLD which is a virtual replica of a country like Russia i have a chance to study with the best coach and try to see how far i can get in the rankings ...... target here is to go from Amateur (so to speak) to Grand Master strength .
in the C- WORLD my rating is currently as follows BLITZ - 1683 , BULLET - 1519 ,Standard- 1648 , Correspondence- 1835 , Tactics- 1735 , CM (Coach) 2003.
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 10:13am On May 10, 2015
RATING is mainly to estimate improvement made and is not the goal itself... the goal is to improve (Rating is a measure of progress made) *** *** implementing modern learning methods *****
Based line aimed at - The aim at this stage is to acquire a playing skill of approximately 2200 ELO. At this stage i must have a successfully tested opening repertoire which includes 2 openings as White and 2 openings with the black pieces. i must master tactics (60-70 per cent of a success rate solving problems of an intermediate difficulty), acquire a firm knowledge of the basics of chess strategy, ie. How a position's evaluation is developed and what are its components, familiarize with about 15-25 common plans from the chess classic examples, know typical chess endings: evaluation, plan of play and standard tactical methods for approximately 250 endgame positions. It is necessary to acquire the skills of working with a computer and with chess software.

Baseline to achieve on C- WORLD * (by measurement) BLITZ - 2000 , BULLET - 2000 ,Standard- 2200 , Correspondence- 2200 , Tactics- 2500 , CM (Coach) 2500.

**A series of competitions and training games is designed to facilitate better assimilation of what has been learnt.
(y) After achieving the Baseline goals in (x)
a training course aimed GM title is started It is at this point that a clearer record is set up The most important short-term goal was to achieve a performance level that made it possible to fulfill the FIDE requirements for the IM/GM title in competition. ( Zone 4.4 /African Individuals) To this aim, a schedule is designed and its content and also arranged participation in various competitions, Partially, the training process will also include participation in some active chess tournaments with the time controls of 15, 10 and 5 minutes per game".
WEEKLY PLAN

Stage 2 ( Assess self) be flexible.
Throw in everything you have got into your training regimen
when planning training sessions , take into account your style of play which is mainly Open play, your tournament performance over the first 7 weeks in performing the tasks. then put the chess tools to use by doing the following with it:

solving combinations;
solving studies (endgame-like positions with tactical content);
solving strategic tests;
studying typical middlegame positions;
studying typical schemes of attack against the advarsary's king;
studying typical methods of play in opening;
elaborating on an opening repertoire and developing plans for the transposition into the middlegame.
incorporate 3-4 openings into my repertoire as White and an equal number as the player of Black. master the tactics (90 per cent correctly solving tests of a high complexity with the theme of the tests unknown). Also to understand a wide palette of strategic devices - how the relationships of the elements of a position evaluation vary depending on the pawn configuration or on the alignment of forces on the board; know more then 100 typical plans from classical games; master elementary knowledge on chess endings: evaluation, plan of play, standard tactical methods from approximately 600 endgame positions; master methods of play in endings and the so-called 'simple' positions.

The training process includes playing in tournaments for testing the practical readiness and the my opening repertoire . Participation in the quick and rapid play tournaments with shortened time controls - 10, 15 or 25 minutes per game has been found extremely useful for this.

(x) 11th May - 28th July (7 weeks) - Target and achieve base line goals ***
(y) 29th july - 16th August (7weeks)
(z) 1th August - 4th October (7weeks)
* 5th October - 18th October

Short-term GOAL - achieve an ELO rating of 2300 thus getting the FIDE master title * Lagos classics 2015* (score of 5/5 vs AVG 2200= 2300)
Internediate tasks - achieving an ELO rating of 2400 +; (2016) and become a Grand Master by winning * African individual championship*

C-World
Aim to rubbing shoulders (and be consistent) vs the best GMs in the world at their level. you will know when you are at this level when you can achieve and MAINTAIN.
2700 (Blitz,Bullet, Standard , Tactics, CM)

The training period must include intermediate control stages. It is well known from practice that intense intellectual studying gives a practical result after approximately 5 - 6 months. breaking the training period into small parts is a very good idea. The working results of each stage must be cross-checked practically by participation in competitions on C-WORLD and against Silicon monsters. Further evaluation of my practical preparedness may be provided by solving test tasks using C-World tools ( Chess mentor, Computer workout,Tactics trainer ETC) to learn "Strategy",Tactics Middlegame ,Opening Endgame Chess Training". A desirable picture of how the test results may score is given below as
Stage 1. CHESS MENTOR- 2500 , Tactics trainer - 2000 , Blitz - 2000 , Bullet - 2000, Standard - 2000.
Stage 2 - CHESS MENTOR- 2300 , Tactics trainer - 2300 , Blitz - 2300 , Bullet - 2300, Standard - 2300.
Stage 3 - CHESS MENTOR- 2500 , Tactics trainer - 2500 , Blitz - 2500 , Bullet - 2500, Standard - 2500.
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2015
19-05-15
Intermediate Tactics by IM Jeremy Silman (Chess mentor) **
Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by joywendy(f): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
Happy birthday chessguru! smiley

1 Like

Re: ROAD TO GRANDMASTER - By Akinov !! by chessguru(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
joywendy:
Happy birthday chessguru! smiley
many many thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Used PS3 Fat, Slim & Super Slim.....Ps4 Pro, Slim & Fat / Grand Theft Auto 5 Breaks Seven World Records. / GOD Fire(android)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.