Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari (1300 Views)

Why We Take Responsibility Of Nigeria's Poor Economic Situation - APC / You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham / Afenifere: Buhari Is Behaving Like A Dictator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by ducii: 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has said that he takes full responsibility for whatever happened under his watch as a military dictator in Nigeria between 1983 to 1985.
He made this known during his appearance at the Chatham House Thursday morning to discuss Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria’s Transition.
“I have heard references to me as a former dictator. I take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch: @ThisIsBuhari at #CHAfrica”.
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its followers have campaigned against Gen.Buhari over his brutal rule and violation of fundamental human rights as a military dictator.
Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka also criticised Gen. Buhari for his actions as a dictator, describing his regime as a ‘brutal face of military dictatorship’.
“Buhari and his partner, the late Gen. Tunde Idiagbon, after (former military head of state) Sani Abacha, I think they represented the most brutal face of military dictatorship. There is no question about that,” Soyinka said in an interview.
Here are some of the words of Buhari culled from the official Twitter handle of Chatham House, Africa, @ChathamHouse
“We will be tough on terrorism and tough on its causes”: @ThisIsBuhari now speaking at @Chathamhouse #CHAfrica
On the bright side, inflation is in single digits, but growth has not translated into human prosperity: @ThisIsBuhari #CHAfrica
Almost 60 percent of our youth is unemployed, and we have one of the highest levels of inequality in the world: @ThisIsBuhari #CHAfrica
“Corruption would have no place in my administration”: General Muhammadu Buhari speaking at Chatham House #CHAfrica
I would run a private sector focused economy and strengthen protected sectors: @ThisIsBuhari speaking at #CHAfrica
I have heard references to me as a former dictator. I take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch: @ThisIsBuhari at #CHAfrica
“Change is possible, but this time through the ballot”: General Muhammadu #Buhari speaking at #CHAfrica
We have to have a deliberate campaign to tamper high expectations: Gen. #Buhari at #CHAfrica
Lack of jobs, facilities and a basic will to survive is a problem in rural and remote areas: @ThisIsBuhari #CHAfrica
Mostly northerners have been affected by #BokoHaram, so it is misguided to say attack on BH is an attack on the North: Gen Buhari #CHAfrica
What foreign investors need is what Nigerians need – Security: @ThisIsBuhari at #CHAfrica
Corruption: if I win presidency, I will draw a line. It would take to much time to investigate everyone from 1960 on: Gen. Buhari #CHAfrica
Our constitution is a guarantee that Nigerians will accommodate differences: @ThisIsBuhari #CHAfrica
We have to be careful of Somalianisation of Nigeria: @ThisIsBuhari #CHAfrica
We are grateful to Americans and British for telling Nigeria govt to respect the constitution on

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/i-take-responsibility-for-my-actions-as-a-dictator-buhari/
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by vjsmiles: 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2015
angry
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by lirusehn(m): 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
AmALilgodSoDontQuoteMe:
Yes to Democracy.

#SaiGej

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dictator or not,you are my choice of a president.

I rather vote for an ex-dictator than a clueless and corrupt Jonathan.

Sai Buhari.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by chimerase2: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
Evil genius u will rot in hell angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by 2Brains1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Buhari all the way

4 Likes

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
I'll renounce my citizenship the day you become president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
berem:

Sai Buhari.
You are working hard for ur pay,kudos,we understand!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by gen2briz(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Before you even talk say you take responsibility of your actions, I don decide say na you I go vote for. I'll always prefer you to a silent killer.

GMB till Fayose Photoshop GMB chatham pictures
GMB till @ayeedee change nationality to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by alaoeri: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
J12:
Be ready to relocate to Burundi, GMB admitted been a dictator now the game has change & will rule under the guide of the constitution.
All hail our incoming president.
Sai Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by gen2briz(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
J12:

Thank God say Buhari problems go be minus one when he assume office.

I wish you happy relocation....

GMB till further notice

1 Like

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by stepo707: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Good.I love someone that admits his/her mistake......Nigeria really needs help
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by dachez20(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
stepo707:
Good.I love someone that admits his/her mistake......Nigeria really needs help

but GEJ says he underestimated BH before.they said he should resign.

Also what will u say if he says he has learnt some lessons from the past and will correct them when re elected.

1 Like

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by stepo707: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
dachez20:

but GEJ says he underestimated BH before.they said he should resign.

Also what will u say if he says he has learnt some lessons from the past and will correct them when re elected.

Most people always melt when one acknowledges his/her fault and then do all they can to correct it.IMHO it is a sign of strength not failure.If GEJ does that sincerely it would go a long way.
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by Slynonny(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ok Mallam Buhari you can now go home and rest your services are not needed.
Two most important things that happened in 2015 are...
Buhari nearly became Nigerias President.
Jonathan nearly lost to Buhari.
All thanks to Mr Fix It,PDP board of trustee chairman for spearheading the election postponement.
That's a good one.
In other news.
How you living Mr Ayo Fayose for exposing APC lies and propaganda?
Ans: In Mansion and Benzes giving headache to APC and it feels stupendous.
How you feeling Mr Femi Fani Kayode for dumping APC?
Ans: Am feeling good like never before.
APC is dead and is on the news.
How do you feel going back to PDP Mr Barcanista?
I feel at home.
Is been a long time coming and am glad am finally home.
Just like the biblical prodigal son i've realised my mistakes and gone back to PDP.
In Jonathan we have seen real and positive change.
Vote Wisely GEJ 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by victorD3: 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Then accept the consequences like jail and failure in the on coming election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by ManMountain(m): 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
[size=15pt]God bless you GMB.
A DISGRACE was expected at Chatham event but a GRACE was established.

SHAME ON YOU PDP[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by dachez20(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
ManMountain:
[size=15pt]God bless you GMB.
A DISGRACE was expected at Chatham event but a GRACE was established.

SHAME ON YOU PDP[/size]

U just confirmed that Fayose was actually right.by saying that a disgrace was expected,that means you don't even have confidence in GMB.and you were actually praying may he not fall your hand knowing fully well he is not strong.
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
I love ur speech baba...
Sai baba
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by ManMountain(m): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
dachez20:

U just confirmed that Fayose was actually right.by saying that a disgrace was expected,that means you don't even have confidence in GMB.and you were actually praying may he not fall your hand knowing fully well he is not strong.
what white substance are you sniffing? read and assimilate.
Haters were praying and hoping for a bad day, but they were put to shame as usual.
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by major466(m): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
He can't just say he accepts responsibility without taking action. The first thing he should do is branch Sokoto on his way back and ask for forgiveness from Shehu Shagari, Alex Equeme and Nigerians at large for terminating Democracy 32 years ago.
Re: I Take Responsibility For My Actions As A Dictator- Buhari by BlackPeni5: 6:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
berem:

Sai Buhari.

Have you noticed that the number of likes you get on your posts have been on the decline?

Better leave that sinking ship

(1) (Reply)

Critical Reasons Why Nigerians Will Vote Buhari Ahead Of Jonathan / Afenifere’s Endorsement Of Jonathan Wrong – Gen. Akinrinade / This Is What People Won't Tell You About Goodluck Jonathan & Patient Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.