Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. (4515 Views)

Boko Haram Burnt Armoured Car In Borno, Killed A Soldier / See What Tinubu Said At SW APC Peace Meeting Yesterday That Shows He Is A Leader / Serious Fight At Oshodi As I Am Typing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by privatetisa(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
As I was passing through the scene yesterday evening raising up my hands as everyone else did, a soldier who was walking along the road with us said: "... you people don't know your right now. Your PVC is your power. Use it to vote for the person that can secure you ......."
Obviously, he was saying, we should vote out GEJ who has failed to secure Nigerians. And that we should vote for Buhari who he believed would be able to protect lives and properties of Nigerians.
Besides him, I know quite a lot of military men - officers and soldiers, in-service and retired, who 'hate' GEJ more than 'poo'.
The truth is that it's only the top brass of the military that may be supporting GEJ. They are the ones that have benefitted and are still benefitting by way of corruption from the war against insurgency. The soldiers and officers that are at the forefront of the war know better. They and their colleagues in the various barracks nationwide know that if not for GEJ and his cohort generals, the ever gallant Nigerian military would have wiped off the so-called Boko Haram insurgents a long time ago without much ado. Ask any military man, especially, the junior ones - who actually are in the majority, about GEJ and hear what he or she will tell you. So far you are very close to him. You will be suprised about the level of contempt for him among them. The only problem for them is that by virtue of their professional ethics, they dare not show their contempt for him publicly. But they are tired. It's only among this set of Nigerians that I have seen an overwhelming, non-tribalistic support for GMB. It's a pity they can't vote. But I tell you, they are privately telling those of us that are their family and friends to massively vote for GMB. They said they are tired of dying like chickens in the hands of Boko Haram. They said that there is more to Boko Haram than we the masses know. They said a lot that will make us really flabbergasted will be revealed after the exit of GEJ from Aso Rock.
My keen observation is that it's the Ibos that are mainly supporting GEJ in Nigeria today. Many of them feel that the Yorubas and the Hausas have always conspired to sideline them.
Suprisingly though, quite a number of people from GEJ's SS don't like him. They want him out come March 28. But the SE people don't want to hear of it. I realy hate being or sounding tribalistic, but I have no choice this time around.
Nigerians, put tribalism aside and collectively save the destiny of your country.
Me, I tell you o. The remaining dey your hand.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
Please summerise in 3 short sentences angry
Never mind, I'm only here to read comments grin

2 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by tit(f): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
koolhunk:
Please summerise in 3 short sentences angry
Never mind, I'm only here to read comments grin

i summarize in one:

a foolish, tribalist bigot ranting from the cesspit of his imagination.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by KwoiZabo(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
OP you try but Adonbilivit. angry

The Military loves GEJ thats why APC is afraid of them.

Buhari sacked 30000 military men in his govt. Banned NANS and imprisoned their leaders

GEJ till 2019.

23 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by omazus: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
And you a civilian is celebrating this. If you interpreted him well the soldier is actually telling you that soldiers have now become the new philosopher kings. And who is the shameless soldier that couldn't defend the citizens wanting the president to come to Oshodi and do so while he was there life.

11 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Deltagiant: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
@OP, Because you heard a soldier say "vote for someone who'll secure you", then you automatically assumed he was asking you to vote for your preferred candidate, Mallam Buhari? The next thing was blabbing about your fantasies within the military. Then, from no where followed by the word "Ibo"; which has become a nightmare to failures and low-lifers like you. Is it only the Igbo votes Jonathan needs in order to win?

It is only pitiful souls like you would imagine that a coupist, sadist, Jihadist, tyrant and bloody religious bigot like Buhari will save you. Confused soul. What an irony of "change"!

27 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by simdam500(m): 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
privatetisa: As I was passing through the scene yesterday evening raising up my hands as everyone else did, a soldier who was walking along the road with us said: "... you people don't know your right now. Your PVC is your power. Use it to vote for the person that can secure you ......."

So op this is all he said..... lipsrsealed

Who add the Ali and simbi story u added? undecided

7 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Dubby6(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Op talk true sha
But who told u they cant vote?
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
TELL YOUR MILITARY MAN TO TRY ANY BULL SHIT AND GET WASTED.YOU THINK YOU ARE STILL IN 1966.SO IF IGBOS DECIDE TO SUPPORT GEJ WHAT CRIME IS THERE IN THAT? ABEG PARK WELL JOOR

11 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
I wanted to READ THROUGH your article completely, until you PUKED the FOOLISHNESS ,dat has given you DIARRHOEA of the MOUTH.

7 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Change2015(m): 5:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
None of the Igbo people I know with relatives in the armed forces is supporting GEJ. I understand your point. The stories they tell of military corruption and their mistreatment are just hard to imagine. Their senior commanders get all the benefits while they put the lives on the line for a system they abhor. Still I know many are planning to vote if not on duty.

#change
#GMB
#APC

6 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by mrborntodoit: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
The OP is high on Rat Gum.....

Very useless tribal b!got .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by holatin(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
KwoiZabo:

Buhari sacked 30000 military men in his govt. Banned NANS and imprisoned their leaders

GEJ till 2019.
are you related to lainus d great liar

4 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
If dis nonsense lie enter or makes d front page, I will call for Seun head. Anytin from apc its video or we don't believe. Before dem put seun for trouble say he dhe carry fake news undecided

4 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Goandie: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
KwoiZabo:

GEJ till 2019.
Dat wat nigerians need iron hand, it will make every1 sit up nd be serious with wat dey are doin
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by KwoiZabo(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Goandie:

Dat wat nigerians need iron hand, it will make every1 sit up nd be serious with wat dey are doin
Ok but all of you are dreamers
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by deskossy(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
Don't d ibos have right to support Gej?....stop being tribalistic.....d hausas voted overwhelmingly for buhari last time. everyone has rights

4 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Goandie: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Ok but all of you are dreamers

That is ur own personal opinion abi
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by charlos14: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
privatetisa:
As I was passing through the scene yesterday evening raising up my hands as everyone else did, a soldier who was walking along the road with us said: "... you people don't know your right now. Your PVC is your power. Use it to vote for the person that can secure you ......."
Obviously, he was saying, we should vote out GEJ who has failed to secure Nigerians. And that we should vote for Buhari who he believed would be able to protect lives and properties of Nigerians.
Besides him, I know quite a lot of military men - officers and soldiers, in-service and retired, who 'hate' GEJ more than 'poo'.
The truth is that it's only the top brass of the military that may be supporting GEJ. They are the ones that have benefitted and are still benefitting by way of corruption from the war against insurgency. The soldiers and officers that are at the forefront of the war know better. They and their colleagues in the various barracks nationwide know that if not for GEJ and his cohort generals, the ever gallant Nigerian military would have wiped off the so-called Boko Haram insurgents a long time ago without much ado. Ask any military man, especially, the junior ones - who actually are in the majority, about GEJ and hear what he or she will tell you. So far you are very close to him. You will be suprised about the level of contempt for him among them. The only problem for them is that by virtue of their professional ethics, they dare not show their contempt for him publicly. But they are tired. It's only among this set of Nigerians that I have seen an overwhelming, non-tribalistic support for GMB. It's a pity they can't vote. But I tell you, they are privately telling those of us that are their family and friends to massively vote for GMB. They said they are tired of dying like chickens in the hands of Boko Haram. They said that there is more to Boko Haram than we the masses know. They said a lot that will make us really flabbergasted will be revealed after the exit of GEJ from Aso Rock.
My keen observation is that it's the Ibos that are mainly supporting GEJ in Nigeria today. Many of them feel that the Yorubas and the Hausas have always conspired to sideline them.
Suprisingly though, quite a number of people from GEJ's SS don't like him. They want him out come March 28. But the SE people don't want to hear of it. I realy hate being or sounding tribalistic, but I have no choice this time around.
Nigerians, put tribalism aside and collectively save the destiny of your country.

He said something, it is the readers job to discern what he mean dummy

1 Like

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
OP, before you lie, please attempt to engage your braincells. It is the soldiers, police and other paramilitary forces job to protect your life directly, GEJ is a commander in chief of them all, but it is not his constitutional mandate as enshrined in the 1999 constitution (as ammended) to move into the street with a gun to protect you. You see, your phantom police is as illiterate as Buhari. Because birds of the same feather flock together.

Please be guided.

Billynaire - Signing out.

1 Like

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by sankky: 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
whom do i believe ?

Abians have started rejecting the attempts to bribe them with morsels of food and little cash by visionless and planless Guber candidates of the APGA and PDP parties. They are demanding for each candidate to lay down his plans for Abia because Abians are not beggers.
The shocker has just begun.

Labor party all the way.
visit www.emekaotimbagov.com to see the Abia state of your dreams

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by UnimkeAk(m): 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
privatetisa:

ANd when did we start taking advice from a coward of a soldier in Lagos, is he not supposed to be in the north east.

If not for anything, why would we hand over this country to someone who is over 70.
Go around ur neighbourhood at look at 70 year old people.
Obviously he won't be making the decisions.

Dude the army is incompetent.
80 % of our officers joined the army as a means to escape poverty.

The problem isn't even weapons.
They are cowards.
U cn neva motivate a coward.
Asked the displaced people from the northeast, the NA flees at the sight of bh.
Most of the ammunitions used by bh wr gotten from the army

Finally if buhari wins, and BH comes to an end, then we'll know it was a political distraction all along.

Because if the north claims, BH isn't political, a tool to distabilized Gej. Govt, as was promised. Then BH has come to stay in the northeast.. Because islamic insurgency doesn't end.
Tellme a country wer it started and ended. and this are 100% muslims countries.

The economy shall be halted, and the country will crumble.

2 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Jorussia(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
KwoiZabo:

GEJ till 2019.
Sacked 30,000 military in 1984?how many military did we have then?you guys should stop lying .
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by AmucheJane(f): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
privatetisa:
Nonsense
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Jorussia(m): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
KwoiZabo:

GEJ till 2019.
Sacked 30,000 military in 1984?how many military men did we have then?you guys should stop lying .
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by meforyou1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
No, op, he meant you should vote out tinubu's stooge, Ambode from Ondo State.
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by NDPVF(m): 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
[s]
privatetisa:
[/s] Bast.ard.

BTW,as i was passing today in Uyo,'raising down my hand as you were raising up your hand yesterday'.I saw a soldier,he was saying "Yorubas are greedy,and too tribalistic.Because APC gave them Vee-pee slot,that's why they want an illiterate coup plotter,and a wicked cattle rearer to rule Nigeria.The soldier cursed people like you,for branding Igbos tribalistic people,because they are supporting our amiable president".

4 Likes

Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
tit:

i summarize in one:

a foolish, tribalist bigot ranting from the cesspit of his imagination.
Trash spitter as usual, typikal of saTANists cool
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Deltagiant: 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s] Bast.ard.

BTW,as i was passing today in Uyo,'raising down my hand as you were raising up your hand yesterday'.I saw a soldier,he was saying "Yorubas are greedy,and too tribalistic.Because APC gave them Vee-pee slot,that's why they want an illiterate coup plotter,and a wicked cattle rearer to rule Nigeria.The soldier cursed people like you,for branding Igbos tribalistic people,because they are supporting our amiable president".
Tell me something! How about thaaaat! smiley
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by atakamus: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
privatetisa:
Your point should be clear. You made a good point but later messed it up with tribalistic insinuations. I am Igbo, reside and work in Bayelsa but I see GEJ administration as a failure. It is not about tribe here but the future of Nigeria.
Re: What A Soldier Man Said At Oshodi Yesterday. by Mobi47(m): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
OP, you made a mistake thinking that the Igbos wont vote out GEJ. I am an igbo guy frm nd I wil b voting out GEJ come march 28. I was once a fan of GEJ nd was among those that voted him in in 2011 but in 2014 I left GEJ for good bcus I hate lies nd corruption to the last level. After d removal of fuel subsidy, GEJ nd d minister of finance promised us that in 18months, our refinary will all start to work nd we wont b exporting our fuel nd importing it back again. We all rejoiced but uptill now, one refinary is not working. They said they are doing sure p, infact sure p is just like bribing Nigerians to forget abt what the money is to be used for. GEJ is a thief nd I wil b among the igbos that will vote him out. I urge all the Igbos to forget abt sentiment nd vote for Buhary. God can decide to use anybody to change Nigeria so lets forget abt Buhary being a muslim, lets vote for him for the good off Nigeria nd our future

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saharareporters Crew Encounter With Robert Mugabe In Nigeria / Breaking News: Buhari Refused To Sign 2016 Budget / Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Jerusalem Are Old, Here Is Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.