Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face (43584 Views)

Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] / Accident Involving Mazda Buses On Lagos-Ibadan Road. Graphic Photos / Two Survive Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Fire (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by kingkassar(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No apc mad thugs will praise jona for dis, buh if its a bad road or any bad tin, dey start to fly in in their numbers to celebrate evil. lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by kingkassar(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No apc mad thugs will praise jona for dis, buh if its a bad road or any bad tin, dey start to fly in in their numbers to celebrate evil. lipsrsealed
exactly...Gej ...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Is Goodluck jonathan doing us a favour?is that not his responsibility as a president?did you know how many years it took PDP to work on those roads??PDP have failed nigerians!!!!simple!!!!!

I SWEAR I WISH I CAN SLAP YOU....BUT I WILL BE DOING UR EMPTY HEAD MORE HARM.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
olrotimi:

hypocrisy at its peak. You didn't ask them to travel round the world during Obj 's tenure, or that of Abacha, Babangida et al. It's now you suddenly remember that there are places outside Nigeria that make up the world.

No he is right....and he probably complained about the road during Abacha, IBB,Obj et al. We all did.

But you must know this....a good president is not one who builds roads, or builds this and that. A good president is one who keeps our bottom line stable financially....so that we can continue to maintain and build more roads.

Let's go back in my time machine to the 1970's. Obj (millitary) built lots of roads, etc. By the 1990's ...many of those roads were dilapidated. Why..?

Because in 1982...oil prices crashed....and with them went the financial capacity to maintain roads.

Plus....we are not a manufacturing society.If we were...we would have done this road cheaper....with made in Nigeria heavy construction equipment, made in Nigeria materiel, etc.

GEJ has been able to build roads because oil prices, until late last year were sky high. Now...they are low.If he wins his term 2....he is going to find it difficult to maintain and build more new roads. Because he. like many of our leaders (and like GMB too....let us not lie to ourselves)...think that Nigeria's development depends on exporting raw materials out and sharing the revenues. Well....I have news for all of you. That day is over. So......until PDP/GEJ secure our financial future by doing what Korea, China and Japan do....and get industrially developed....we will always have the problem of building roads when the times are good....and watching them go to pot when the oil price goes down.

Oil is a curse.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Ephyartz: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
For this construction to happen F.G had to get a loan from world bank. Where our own money cum dey
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by lirusehn(m): 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
]
frustrated dogs be like
undecided

wakacome:
Ladies and gentlemen I present to you "the most foolish man on the internet"....shove your opinion and put it into your anus****
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by AJOT99(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nice
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Is Goodluck jonathan doing us a favour?is that not his responsibility as a president?did you know how many years it took PDP to work on those roads??PDP have failed nigerians!!!!simple!!!!!

But u guys usually say he has done nothing. Ok...fine, I get you. He has done something but shebi no be him money and what APC will do if they get to power in their dreams will be be done from their personal purse abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bibol:

You don't sound like a Nigerian. Here, we thank our leaders for providing social amenities lest they change their minds and stop the projects halfway
grin grin grin ..
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Olammy76(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
propaganda....is dis D only road...Y nt snapping D WORST side of it...dis PDP clueless shall end by may

sai change

sai buari
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Flets: 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ephyartz:
For this construction to happen F.G had to get a loan from world bank. Where our own money cum dey

Drop a link here for us to see the world bank loan specific for the road

If you can't. .... then you are just an APC airhead
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Feraz(m): 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
karlriz:
If only we can enjoy our entittlements regardless of whether election is around d corner or not. Seems d govt of naija can only do "better" If election is every month...smh
Actually, work has been going on there even when election was not around the corner. I know this cos I've been shuttling Edo state and Lagos for the past four years (I can't remember when exactly work started but it definitely was not last year). One thing I admire about this road reconstruction is the fact that they are really digging it deep and filling it with the appropriate material (just as Promhize has said) unlike what we were used to which is to patch the surface and claim they have reconstructed the road.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by goldman777: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
who are u fooling you start building roads 6weeks to election wat hav u been doing for 6yrs tanoids dont decieve us nigerians ur not fools sai buhari till jonathan defects to apc
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Alajiki(m): 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
Some people seem to be getting this whole CHANGE message wrong. Okay, here is it: If GEJ likes, let him vote the entire Nigerian annual budget for media propaganda between now and March 28, it changes nothing. The masses resolve is..."GEJ, just go". The March 28, 2015 vote is a protest vote, a vote of no confidence on GEJ's administration and above all, a warning shot to all politicians, be it APC, PDP or any political party that we, thd good people of Nigeria are their employers and we can sack any of them with our votes if they perform poorly.

So, if GEJ's gong bearers like, let them shell billions of Naira to Linda Ikeji, Nairaland and other popular blogs, na their share of national cake...it won't CHANGE the fact that the only constant thing in life is CHANGE.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 50calibre(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
How much Tax do you pay ? We are just lucky that Niger Delta Oil is feeding the whole nation. Tax bracket in US can be as high as 35%. Think about Government demanding 35% of your income. You need to travel.

You're incredibly dumb!! How's the naija delta oil feeding the nation? Or you meant feeding the politicians? Because last I checked, Nigerians pay very high oil prices in relation to other oil producing countries. So tell me, how do Nigerians benefit from their oil?

Nigerians are more than willing to pay taxes provided that tax is put to good purpose.

Besides, Nigeria's oil resources affords her the privilege to generate huge revenues without having to impose heavy tax on its citizens, these are one of the many blessing of being oil-rich. Other oil rich nations enjoy the same thing, why not Nigeria?

Tax in the US can be as high as 35%, but that has to be for those in the highest tax bracket, people earning 7+ figures, so 35% tax won't make much difference to their income.

Don't come here and sound like people are being unreasonably taxed because that's not true. Richer people pay more tax, and that's the way it should be.

Come I'd take you on a world tour, and expose you to life outside your cave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Olammy76(m): 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ephyartz:
i tayya oooo...some times gan if dem dey advertise wetin jonathan don do 4 Tv...y go dey wonder weda nah CHAD u dey leave
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Caution30: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
When Obj was there for 8yrs,wasn't he supposed to have fixed it or it wasn't his responsibility. Myopic mind!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by luvinhubby(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Stop hating.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by ogunvic41(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:

GOD BLESS U
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by HzRF(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
malu, y den do ya appreciate ya papa weh bring ya to dis life cum train ya wen ya know it is his responsibility lipsrsealed, hypocrites, buh ya kip praising tinubu for not doing anytin, bro carry ya brain along wen ya come online pls tongue
TKO
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by ludafrancis: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
GEJ doing tins card tearing OBJ could not do for is people
Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Kossyne(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hail Nigeria, where rights are seeen as privileges, necessities as luxuries.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by dubbiskelly(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Your brains must be fried, take a trip to okota den u can come back and give a feedback. Apc has been ruling lagos for years now, dey are a disappointment.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Delafruita(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Vessi:
Meanwhile buhari cancelled a metroline at Lagos and lagos state government lost $60,000,000. One presidential candidate cancels projects and the other presidential candidate initiates and completes projects. Who is better? Be the judge.
keep quiet if you dont know what to say about that so called metroline that was cancelled.

i agree the lagos-ibadan road is wearing a good look but the reality is less than 20% of the road has been done.we were made to believe 2 contractors were given the road to make its construction faster but that hasnt been the case.while RCC is doing well from the ibadan end,same cant be said for the lagos end.would have been good if GJ at least did up to 50% of the road before the end of his tenure but all the same,the work has begun.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Caution30:

When Obj was there for 8yrs,wasn't he supposed to have fixed it or it wasn't his responsibility. Myopic mind!
both obasanjo and goodluck jonathan are both president produced by PDP so that is why I said PDP have failed!!!deal with it...bastard...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by bendike: 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
continue to celebrate your stupidity..
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by HzRF(m): 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Ladies and gentlemen I present to you "the most foolish man on the internet"....shove your opinion and put it into your anus****
Bros I knw u got hit by d truth
Buh lyk ya party ideology
Any Gej is haram
Buch of fucktards
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by InvertedHammer: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
/
The power of opposition!

A good reason why one-party system is not healthy for a nation.

APC has pushed GEJ to sit up.

Meanwhile....

Thanks GEJ
Thanks APC

\

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
lirusehn:
]
frustrated dogs be like
undecided

Says the bleached gay...now run along dog....
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Sodiumdawg: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
SCORING AFTER FINAL WHISTLE NA IM BE DIS!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
bendike:

continue to celebrate your stupidity..
Go and commit suicide or kiss hot iron..grin...
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Delafruita(m): 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
dubbiskelly:

Your brains must be fried, take a trip to okota den u can come back and give a feedback. Apc has been ruling lagos for years now, dey are a disappointment.
where do all these ignorant people come from?the okota road has been awarded and ork began.residents went to court and got the road suspended because government wanted to enforce its right of way while also compensating them.the residents got a ruling which mandated the maintenance of status quo till the suit is fully dispensed with.LASG been law abiding paused work on the road.have all theother access routes not been completed?aside from the inside of festac which is owned by the federal government,LASG has done the amuwo-odofin link road along with other link roads in that axis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trump’s Travel Policy: Nigerians With Valid Visas Denied Entry Into USA / Home Of Guild Of Benin Bronze Casters: World Heritage Site / Small Car Conveys A Huge Metal Kiosk In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.