Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face (43804 Views)

Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] / Accident Involving Mazda Buses On Lagos-Ibadan Road. Graphic Photos / Two Survive Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Fire (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
slimfit1:
JEG till 2015 abeg we come praise the man because I he used is money to do it or what ? We don't need to praise anybody. Let him do the rail 30 minutes to ibadan then praise him a little.

Did you attend same sec schl with Dame Patience Jonathan?

#justsaying#
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Firefire(m): 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
justhelp:
HE IS ALREADY A FOREGONE ONE WE NO LONGER REMEMBER GEJ HERE SO DEAL WITH THAT COS HE HAS NOT IMPACT ANY LIVES IN THE SW EXCEPT PDP MEMBER THAT ARE SHARING MONEY, HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING FOR THE MASSES HERE IN YORUBA LAND SO HE IS ALREADY A GONER

Bros, Change your mindset and see light.

Goodluck Jonathan remains the BEST President at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by taharqa: 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bibol:

You don't sound like a Nigerian. Here, we thank our leaders for providing social amenities lest they change their minds and stop the projects halfway

Lol

Very hilarious comment
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by DWJOBScom(m): 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Is Goodluck jonathan doing us a favour?is that not his responsibility as a president?did you know how many years it took PDP to work on those roads??PDP have failed nigerians!!!!simple!!!!!

Your type possibly do not greet your DAD when he gives u something - it's his responsibility anyway

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Burshh: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
ZACHIE:

Your choice to `ignorant the deserved vulgar words`. They are not in full measure i must add.

See, lets not push too far.
When those equipment were being moved I was on that road and I know for sure that it only patch patch, jump and proceed jobs going on that road.
it is a far cry from the jingle about the work done.

If you are in denial, at least have a window open to report your denial as objectively as possible.

We ar too sophistaicated to be deceived by this, Sir.

Next caller

I travelled on that road same day, I saw military equipments in transit outskirt Lagos. That was Monday, 23rd Feb, 2015. No place for denial here. I must give kudos to Rcc especially , they seem doing more Than Julius berger. BTW, I travel the road at least twice a week. A lot Is happening there. I took this snapshots tooo.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by philips70(m): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
Billyonaire:

Why are you bolding your fonts ? It is like shouting and forcing people to read you. Truth, just as light, do not need to be amplified to be seen.

If you say, that a man who forged O'level statement of result, is more educated than a scholar, a class room academic, and stunch democrat, then I think you need structural mental adjustment, and I say this in my sincerest way.

Like I say, always, APC nematodes are known to be emotional and insultive because of their low emotional intelligence quotient, and the bright of your bulk are leaving APC to PDP daily. You can take Ameachi, OBJ, Atiku and the rest of the gangs of thieves that gave PDP a bad name. Now, PDP is politically chromatographically cleansed of the corrupt politicians. you cant profess to hate PDP but accept the same deadly corrupters. that's where APC failed.

These are the daft lecturers that have drastically reduced our academic qualifications to mere pieces of paper worthy only of selling groundnuts just like his own certificate. Being a lecturer do not make you a bright mind. Visit schools for more clarification. I know a lawyer who can't spell correctly yet he is always in court defending clients. GEJ is dull and it's very glaring even to many of his supporters.

Lastly I will take an Atiku, Amaechi and OBJ any day over an Omisore, FFK, Bode George, Tony Anenih, Fayose, Uduaghan, Theodore Orji, Ramallan Yero, Buruji, Peter Odili, Alamieseigha, Mama Peace, just help me add more. I bet you never remembered these names when you wrote that line. The only thing that's cleansing about PDP is ethnic cleansing plus financial cleansing into private pockets.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by folamog(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
We can understand, second term tinz cheesy, all of a sudden gej begin to dey work. Olodo
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by afolwalex20(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No apc mad thugs will praise jona for dis, buh if its a bad road or any bad tin, dey start to fly in in their numbers to celebrate evil. lipsrsealed

Dat road has been in construction for more than a year now!! Mtchew..
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by stigman(m): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Is Goodluck jonathan doing us a favour?is that not his responsibility as a president?did you know how many years it took PDP to work on those roads??PDP have failed nigerians!!!!simple!!!!!

How many road did ur APC governors fix? Common lekki - Epe road is a big job for them, they have been on it for almost 12 years now
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
Promhize:
My journey cut shut by about 30minutes from the usual.

Massive reconstruction is still on going.

Okay, duly noted.

I'll sample it first hand in the morning.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Fourwinds: 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
PapiWata:
Jonathan will transform that major artery just as he did the one linking the east with the west of Nigeria.

Before Jonathan came to power, it took 12 hours to travel from Lagos to Benin. Now that same journey can be completed in THREE hours of relaxed cruising on roads that are smooth as silk.

Nigerians, as a people, are experts at complaining about whichever government is in power, and they NEVER acknowledge the good deeds of any government.

In short, Nigeria is a nation of professional complainers, who are so quick to find fault in everything around them, always claim to know better than their president, and are NEVER willing to express gratitude or appreciation for VISIBLE progress, no matter how obvious.

Johnny till 2019. No shaking.
abeg tell d truth I ply dat road often. d road is incomplete. from Sagamu to Ore is still very bad.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Fourwinds: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
folamog:
We can understand, second term tinz cheesy, all of a sudden gej begin to dey work. Olodo
I'm still surprise. just all of a. sudden he now finds a solution to BH after so much innocent lives had been wasted
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 100Cents: 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
Sometimes I wonder why criticize and hate Jonathan, The man has obviously performed in 4 yrs more than OBJ did in 8yrs. Is it simply because he is from the minority tribe ? I wouldnt think so. I do not even want to mention Yaradua's comatose regime.

We are so ignorant that even a professor is ready to ride on the back of an illiterate waec-less ancestor. We need to question our sanity.

[size=15] 21 millions Nigerians are insane [/size]

So don't bother. The average Nigerian is myopic, sentimental, not objective, a tribal bigot. When we get confronted with a different ideology, we tend to react against it.

That's what is happening.. We have been so used to politicians who make promises and do not fulfill them. So this one who makes promises and goes ahead to fulfill them is out of the norm. He is clueless..
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by slimfit1(m): 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
adesinaabiodun:

Did you attend same sec schl with Dame Patience Jonathan?

#justsaying#

You are the only one that can't sense mistakes some how.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Rexyl(m): 8:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
President Jonathan has tried so much on the 10 lane road. The work has continued without being stopped since construction started. Seeing is believing but many have seen the ongoing work but could not still believe.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by folamog(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
Fourwinds:
I'm still surprise. just all of a. sudden he now finds a solution to BH after so much innocent lives had been wasted

No mind am
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by bong4(m): 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:

Bros, the same pdp people that have failed us are now the ones running things in APC. So don't expect any change.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Vock(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
frainc:

Oga pls hang on
This is a FAT lie
I ply that road EVERY weekend and I am saying it here that you just lie sir
Work has gone far on that project
We don't need to lie just b'cos we want to discredit some one else

Chairman, I used that road all the way from Ilorin last two weeks. I've used the road like 6 times in the past 6 months, I'm not discrediting anyone. it's just segments of it they're working on. Julius berger on one side and RCC on the other side
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Reminez(m): 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Firefire:
tongue

God continue to bless Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. (Nigeria President 2011 - 2019)

Yoruba nation will never forget you.
You are sic.k in the head. Bloody Yoruba wannabe!!!!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by justhelp(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
Firefire:

Bros, Change your mindset and see light.

Goodluck Jonathan remains the BEST President at the moment.
how much were you given, i hold my self responsible for any action i take including my vote, so Gej and his party lack manifesto to better the lives of the youth which you know, you are getting illegal money from their party you never think of people and the masses in Nigeria. SHAME ON YOU

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Ephemmm: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No apc mad thugs will praise jona for dis, buh if its a bad road or any bad tin, dey start to fly in in their numbers to celebrate evil. lipsrsealed

The same way you blame Fashola for not tarring the entrance of your rented house wey dey mile 12. tongue tongue embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 50calibre(m): 9:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Billyonaire:

i will ignore your vituperation and melodramatic discombobulation. The reasons, APC will lose this coming election is because of people like you. Everyday, a Nairalander is moving from APC to PDP because we do not insult anyhow, we pass messages across with facts and figures.

You digressed from a locally national discourse and compared Nigeria to countries that have no oil. You are not smart, because you are running around the cycle, that is if you know what a cycle is. Taxation is a mainstay for countries without petroleum products, so the nationalities of those countries can confidently talk about 'Tax Payers Money'. But for a class-act ignorantia like you, you simply quote and shout about tax payers Money when you do not even pay taxes ?

I do not have time for a chat with you this moment, I have fishes to fry.

Trying to mask your intellectual shortcomings with pointless diatribe are we? You're not smart my friend, quit trying to sound smart.

I spend my precious time here trying to inform your ill-informed self but you stay spouting off moronic statements instead of opening your head to comprehend what I'm saying.

I compared Nigeria to non-oil producing countries because frankly, there's no difference, telling me about the weekly oil allocation is totally inconsequential & irrelevant to what we are saying here. Can't you understand that?

Let me make this easier for you by breaking it down.

Taxes are higher in non-oil producing countries as that's one of their major revenue streams unlike oil producing countries where taxation is much lower as well as gas prices.

Nigerians don't pay taxes (rightfully so) but at the same time, don't benefit from the oil. So in essence, the taxes Nigerians don't pay, is clawed back by high gas prices & inflation. So you tell me, what makes Nigeria different from any other non-oil producing country?

In fact it's much better in those countries where taxes are paid because they can actually see what their taxes are being used for.

What's Nigeria's oil revenue being used for? it's certainly not for the benefit of the masses, so what?

I pay taxes my friend, I reside in a functional society where I see my tax being utilised judiciously, what's your oil money used for?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by ocelot2006(m): 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:

So you want to blame GEJ for the failures of past military regimes and OBJ'S administration?! Isn't that stupidity on your own part?! Abeg STFU and go hug a live transformer if e pain u. Nonesense.

#TeamGEJ
#GMBwillcryagain
#SayNoToRecycledIlliterates
#NoVacancyInAsoRock
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
ocelot2006:

So you want to blame GEJ for the failures of past military regimes and OBJ'S administration?! Isn't that stupidity on your own part?! Abeg STFU and go hug a live transformer if e pain u. Nonesense.

#TeamGEJ
#GMBwillcryagain
#SayNoToRecycledIlliterates
#NoVacancyInAsoRock
I don't exchange words with cows...I only discuss with humans....

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
How can we be celebrating the basic duties of govt? Chei! Nigerians have been forced to accept mediocrity. Do you see the likes of obama and cameron celebratIng a constructed road, especially at the 11th hour. You peeps should stop clapping for people that wipe their ass and flush the toilet.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
isan:
4 lanes roads jonathan reduced am to 2 and some fools called dat aprogress?

Its still four, took pictures of mostly one side, in fact some areas have been increased to 3lanes on each side, making 6
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Firefire(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
justhelp:
how much were you given, i hold my self responsible for any action i take including my vote, so Gej and his party lack manifesto to better the lives of the youth which you know, you are getting illegal money from their party you never think of people and the masses in Nigeria. SHAME ON YOU

Honestly and frankly speaking, Jonathan is the BEST alternative to a coup plotter and a bigot. The 'CHANGE' they are singing about is FAKE. Think and recheck your position, It's not too late, don't waste your vote, any vote not given to Goodluck Jonathan is a wasted vote undecided

Eni ba ni eti ko gbọ...

Alafia fun yin oooo
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Firefire(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
Reminez:

You are sic.k in the head. Bloody Yoruba wannabe!!!!

Wọn kọ eee, sugbọn oo gba ekọ undecided
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by baslone: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
afolwalex20:

Dat road has been in construction for more than a year now!! Mtchew..

It's over a year, I ply that road too.

At the pace it's been done- that project can never be completed in the next 4 years.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by klbakare(m): 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
The fool is rushing all the projects because he needs our votes. But the ALMIGHTY shall overthrow his government. AMEN!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja, Ibadan, Port-Harcourt Make Euromonitor Top 10 Fast Growing African Cities / My First Time Onboard An Airplane / Kano Is Beautiful (See Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.