Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face (43811 Views)

Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] / Accident Involving Mazda Buses On Lagos-Ibadan Road. Graphic Photos / Two Survive Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Fire (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by isuomo: 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
That road is 17 percent complete please stop making noise and the completion date is December 2017. We are approximately 2 years and 8 months away.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by lirusehn(m): 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Says the bleached gay...now run along dog....
cheesycheesy
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by PapiWata: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
50calibre:

Nigerians are not complaining enough, broaden your scope, travel around the world and see for yourself that Nigerians are one of the most tolerant people.

Your life-long poverty & suffering has caused you to set very low expectations of your governement to the extent provision of something as basic as good roads excites you so much.

Your presumptions are amusing. I reside in Southern California, and frequently visit friends and relatives in the UK, as well as in Nigeria, where I duly note progress, or the lack thereof.

When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
50calibre:

You're incredibly dumb!! How's the naija delta oil feeding the nation? Or you meant feeding the politicians? Because last I checked, Nigerians pay very high oil prices in relation to other oil producing countries. So tell me, how do Nigerians benefit from their oil?

Nigerians are more than willing to pay taxes provided that tax is put to good purpose.

Besides, Nigeria's oil resources affords her the privilege to generate huge revenues without having to impose heavy tax on its citizens, these are one of the many blessing of being oil-rich. Other oil rich nations enjoy the same thing, why not Nigeria?

Tax in the US can be as high as 35%, but that has to be for those in the highest tax bracket, people earning 7+ figures, so 35% tax won't make much difference to their income.

Don't come here and sound like people are being unreasonably taxed because that's not true. Richer people pay more tax, and that's the way it should be.

Come I'd take you on a world tour, and expose you to life outside your cave.

There are a lot of things I learn from Nairaland; some of which are: Less cerebral people are very emotional, they do not make a sentence without cursing. And these people fall under the illiterate APC headed by a gang of half-literate and half-baked persons.

Without Niger Delta oil, there is no Nigeria. There is hardly any state that can survive without the 4-weekly distribution of allocation, proceeds of Niger Delta Oil and Gas.

Please understand that your vituperation is based on your ignorance of the real world, you are obviously mentally poor.

Please be guided.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 50calibre(m): 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
PapiWata:

Your presumptions are amusing. I reside in Southern California, and frequently visit friends and relatives in the UK, as well as in Nigeria, where I duly note progress, or the lack thereof.

When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME

It's that so? Then that's testament to the statement "you can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the monkey"

Though I highly doubt you reside in California given your over-excitement over common roads, a basic, a constant in a developed world.

However, if you do, you need to pack your things and relocate to Papua New Guinea or Samoa because you're an embarrassment to civilisation.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by philips70(m): 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
Sometimes I wonder why criticize and hate Jonathan, The man has obviously performed in 4 yrs more than OBJ did in 8yrs. Is it simply because he is from the minority tribe ? I wouldnt think so. I do not even want to mention Yaradua's comatose regime.

We are so ignorant that even a professor is ready to ride on the back of an illiterate waec-less ancestor. We need to question our sanity.

To me and many Nigerians Jonathan is the illiterate here. Brandishing certificates do not automatically make one a literate fellow. Jonathan's showing and speeches since the campaigns began do not portray an educated fellow who brandishes a PhD. Buhari is more literate and sound than Jonathan. He has more knowledge in governmental issues and demonstrates better leadership qualities than him. In your inner heart you know Jonathan is dull and in the same league with his wife not minding the degrees he is parading. The whole game is about our turn and we all know it. Damn serious about this.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by PapiWata: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
50calibre:

It's that so? Then that's testament to the statement "you can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the monkey"

Though I highly doubt you reside in California given your over-excitement over common roads, a basic, a constant in a developed world.

However, if you do, you need to pack your things and relocate to Papua New Guinea or Samoa because you're an embarrassment to civilisation.

I apologize for not measuring up to your lofty standards of civilized conduct, good sir, and I will now move to Samoa as you have advised.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jonathan till 2019********

Bad appreciators till hell fire.......

He who don't know how to appreciate good works of God through president GEJ is here by opportune to join everlasting hell fire***********

GEJtill2019.com No shaking********
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by PapiWata: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
MightyD:
Jonathan till 2019********

Bad appreciators till hell fire.......

He who don't know how to appreciate good works of God through president GEJ is here by opportune to join everlasting hell fire***********

GEJtill2019.com No shaking********

You got that right, brother. Johnny all the way.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by simpleseyi: 7:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No apc mad thugs will praise jona for dis, buh if its a bad road or any bad tin, dey start to fly in in their numbers to celebrate evil. lipsrsealed

You don't praise a man for doing his job, you only commend him. If however, he doesn't do his job, you fire him . Has Jonathan been praising you for doing your job of $10 per post? NO, instead he has been commending you for helping him to spread falsehood.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Adminisher: 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
No apc mad thugs will praise jona for dis, buh if its a bad road or any bad tin, dey start to fly in in their numbers to celebrate evil. lipsrsealed

Most smart people will never praise cluelessness. Rushing to complete a road after six years of leaving it bad, almost 200 people have died on this road in the that time. I say Bleep you PDP and I may follow up with curses. Rushing to commission old power plants in the middle of darkness. Rushing to clear Boko Haram after six years. Only a big fool will clap for this. This road is a right denied you for six years now Bering given to you because of elections. Very A government of authority stealing, of fear and cowardice, postponing elections when you knew you are losing, harassing the umpire, bribing the people.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 50calibre(m): 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
Billyonaire:

There are a lot of things I learn from Nairaland; some of which are: Less cerebral people are very emotional, they do not make a sentence without cursing. And these people fall under the illiterate APC headed by a gang of half-literate and half-baked persons.

Without Niger Delta oil, there is no Nigeria. There is hardly any state that can survive without the 4-weekly distribution of allocation, proceeds of Niger Delta Oil and Gas.

Please understand that your vituperation is based on your ignorance of the real world, you are obviously mentally poor.

Please be guided.

Hahahahahahahahaha what the fuc*k is that?

Oh!! This guy is a world class idio*t. What the heck do you mean without naija delta oil, no Nigeria? What about other non-oil producing counties, what do they do? They buy!!! You dumbo

The 4-weekly oil allocation to every state is irrelevant in this context, because Nigerians pay high prices for it anyway, it's not free, it's not cheap so it doesn't matter, they might as well be buying it from a foreign country.

No wonder people like you support Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by khatea: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Makai I c anybody wey go come here come Sai cattle rearer, na acid I go sprinkle for hin destiny..

GEJ the transformer, LEAD US..

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 50calibre(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
PapiWata:

I apologize for not measuring up to your lofty standards of civilized conduct, good sir, and I will now move to Samoa as you have advised.

Good!! Have a safe flight!!
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
philips70:

To me and many Nigerians Jonathan is the illiterate here. Brandishing certificates do not automatically make one a literate fellow. Jonathan's showing and speeches since the campaigns began do not portray an educated fellow who brandishes a PhD. Buhari is more literate and sound than Jonathan. He has more knowledge in governmental issues and demonstrates better leadership qualities than him. In your inner heart you know Jonathan is dull and in the same league with his wife not minding the degrees he is parading. The whole game is about our turn and we all know it. Damn serious about this.

Why are you bolding your fonts ? It is like shouting and forcing people to read you. Truth, just as light, do not need to be amplified to be seen.

If you say, that a man who forged O'level statement of result, is more educated than a scholar, a class room academic, and stunch democrat, then I think you need structural mental adjustment, and I say this in my sincerest way.

Like I say, always, APC nematodes are known to be emotional and insultive because of their low emotional intelligence quotient, and the bright of your bulk are leaving APC to PDP daily. You can take Ameachi, OBJ, Atiku and the rest of the gangs of thieves that gave PDP a bad name. Now, PDP is politically chromatographically cleansed of the corrupt politicians. you cant profess to hate PDP but accept the same deadly corrupters. that's where APC failed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Louislewis: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
[size=18pt]The road will seriously be taking an OLD LOOK before the APC and their supporters. Their lips will be so sealed for ironically seeing OLD LOOK ROAD. I have never seen a set of people so brainwashed with selfishness and quest for power to an extent of truth far away from their lips.[/size]
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by PapiWata: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
50calibre:

Good!! Have a safe flight!!
'
Your hallucination is my command, sir.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
goldman777:
who are u fooling you start building roads 6weeks to election wat hav u been doing for 6yrs tanoids dont decieve us nigerians ur not fools sai buhari till jonathan defects to apc
i duno about this road but i know work started on the portharcourt aba express road late 2013.the road is being complety overhauled en expanded.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
50calibre:

Oh!! This guy is a world class idio*t. What the heck do you mean without naija delta oil, no Nigeria? What about other non-oil producing counties, what do they do? They buy!!! You dumbo

The 4-weekly oil allocation to every state is irrelevant in this context, because Nigerians pay high prices for it anyway, it's not free, it's not cheap so it doesn't matter, they might as well be buying it from a foreign country.

i will ignore your vituperation and melodramatic discombobulation. The reasons, APC will lose this coming election is because of people like you. Everyday, a Nairalander is moving from APC to PDP because we do not insult anyhow, we pass messages across with facts and figures.

You digressed from a locally national discourse and compared Nigeria to countries that have no oil. You are not smart, because you are running around the cycle, that is if you know what a cycle is. Taxation is a mainstay for countries without petroleum products, so the nationalities of those countries can confidently talk about 'Tax Payers Money'. But for a class-act ignorantia like you, you simply quote and shout about tax payers Money when you do not even pay taxes ?

I do not have time for a chat with you this moment, I have fishes to fry.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by frainc(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Vock:
the road has been in this state for like 6 months running now, nothing new about it
Oga pls hang on
This is a FAT lie
I ply that road EVERY weekend and I am saying it here that you just lie sir
Work has gone far on that project
We don't need to lie just b'cos we want to discredit some one else

1 Like

Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by holyokoto(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
I journeyed along that road last week, nothing like this
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
50calibre:

if ur bright as ur shoe colour,u would know that the fact Nigeria bases its yearly fiscal budget on oil price shows it depends on crude oil in fact it yields about 40% of our gdp en is one of the highest contributor to our foreign reserve
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by dulux07(m): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Jona has done lil for d past 6yrs as well as pdp for 16yrs. He is not tacklin the major probs of dis country, m happy d road is been constructed but this road might not be completed even in 2019, if jona remains president coz corruptn will kill d progress of the project, n jona has failed to tackle corruption. He achieving some things he claim he did does not mak him a good president, abacha tenure in terms of development/economy was far better than that of GEJ, do ur research well, or beta still check wiki.,but that does not mean abacha was a good president.
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by justhelp(m): 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
Firefire:
tongue

God continue to bless Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. (Nigeria President 2011 - 2019)

Yoruba nation will never forget you.
HE IS ALREADY A FOREGONE ONE WE NO LONGER REMEMBER GEJ HERE SO DEAL WITH THAT COS HE HAS NOT IMPACT ANY LIVES IN THE SW EXCEPT PDP MEMBER THAT ARE SHARING MONEY, HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING FOR THE MASSES HERE IN YORUBA LAND SO HE IS ALREADY A GONER
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
khatea:

Wetin I no go c on NL, u call boda jona a transformer? How many hours uninterrupted power supply r u enjoying in ur area?

SaiGMB/PYO joor
if buhari during his military junta built en commissioned the number of power plants gej has,maybe u wide have had that uninterrupted power supply
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by ruffDiamond: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
Na wash i still pass there recently d potholes on dat road wide pass ijora badia olosho 's own mitcheww
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by parkhurst: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President #jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? If the economy of a country is getting better, the people feel it before they see official published statistics. Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country? Do you feel opportunity is being expanded for all or most of the opportunities in the land is limited to a privilege few who are in government?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government??..?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 100Cents: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2015
slimfit1:
JEG till 2015 abeg we come praise the man because I he used is money to do it or what ? We don't need to praise anybody. Let him do the rail 30 minutes to ibadan then praise him a little.

Why not praise OBJ for lying that he will do the road but he never did it with his money.. ?
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
philips70:

Literacy is overrated. It is just the ability to read and write intelligeably en logically. I don't think buhari is better than gej.the caliber of politicians he has around him(amechi,tinubu etc)betrays every patriotic word en good course he vouched for
Re: Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face by 100Cents: 8:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
wakacome:
Is Goodluck jonathan doing us a favour?is that not his responsibility as a president?did you know how many years it took PDP to work on those roads?? OBJ(Yoruba man ) have failed nigerians( Yoruba invlusive ) !!!!simple!!!!!

Fixed !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My First Time Onboard An Airplane / Kano Is Beautiful (See Pictures) / Uzodimma Lights Up Owerri/orlu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.