Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech (656 Views)

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said / List Of The Things Buhari Promised Nigerians - Vanguard / APC Spent N5 Billion On Buhari’s Chatham House Speech, PDP Campaign Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by UTILITYMAY(m): 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari, today, February 26, gave a lecture at Chatham House in London.

Buhari spoke on the topic "Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria's Transition."

Read ten important things he said below:

"Let me assure you that if I am elected president, the world will have no cause to worry about Nigeria as it has had to recently; that Nigeria will return to its stabilising role in West Africa."

"Change is coming to #Nigeria and it will come democratically. Multiparty democracy is best form of government."

"60% of Nigerians are youths, and most of them are unemployed. This is a problem we will tackle."

"I have heard references to me as a former dictator. I take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch."

"Anyone who wants to change Sharia has to change the constitution. Nigeria's constitution is superior."

"I'm fit, my doctors have declared me fit so I'm going back for the final onslaught on PDP."

"What foreign investors need is security. We will provide it for them."

"Two things have bloomed in the present administration: waste and corruption. On corruption, there would be no confusion as to where I stand."

"Apart from the civil war era, at no other time in our history has Nigeria been this insecure."

"But in the matter of this insurgency, our soldiers have neither received the necessary support nor the required incentives to tackle this problem. Let me assure you that if I am elected presidentÂ?we will give them adequate and modern arms and ammunition to work with; we will improve intelligence gathering and border controls to choke Boko Haram's financial and equipment channels. I, Muhammadu Buhari, will always lead from the front and return Nigeria to its leadership role in regional and international efforts to combat terrorism."

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
Well, it's good to dream.
Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by oscaroshar(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is Nigeria's most sincere leader i have ever known

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by papaejima1: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
He said he was Saul and had a "Road To Damascus Experience"

But sorry Sir, I got news for you. You are still far from the road to Damascus. Maybe the road to Yemen may be better for you.
Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2015
A supporter of team Buhari but this is crap. It lacks believability and convincingness
Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by femmy2010(m): 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
though just 1,GMB is getting my vote.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by lomprico(m): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
oscaroshar:
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari is Nigeria's most sincere leader i have ever known
Why didnt u vote for him in 2004?

1 Like

Re: 10 Important Things Buhari Said During His Chatham House Speech by mumumugu(m): 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
Go and die-adams oshiomole-apc

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Sharing Rice And Yam / Vp’s Alleged Resignation Oath: PDP, APC Clash Over Tinubu, Osinbajo Deepens / Nairaland Pls I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.