Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Why Buhari Must Cleanse The APC - An Unsolicited Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Cleanse The APC - An Unsolicited Opinion (383 Views)

The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Gave APC An Unhealable Injury At The Plenary Today / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Must Cleanse The APC - An Unsolicited Opinion by dabigwalls: 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
The problem of the Nigerian opposition of course started when they accepted almost half of the PDP into their fold. The quest and the intent of providing clearly defined and sincere leadership was jeopardized when the problem was invited as solution. The lustful allure of power and the open market approach of the APC to elements that they earlier termed "corrupt", "backward" or "anti-people" reveals that within the APC, there is no ideological or philosophical connectedness that binds the members. It is why the marketing strategy of the APC only revolves around the failures of the PDP and its president. Or else, you have within your fold, the liars and oppressors that you had roundly condemned, and still expect to be taken serious?

Some of us will wait for the right time to dissipate energy. Some of us will retain our sanity and independence to that time when Nigeria is REALLY ready. Do folks think that political leadership is bread and butter? When the time comes for the hard calls to be taken, is it the same elements that left the PDP that will now be deciders of my/our future? In what other way is "joke" spelt please other than this? Today we all complain about the senseless stomach infrastructure policy of Fayose but is that not the bane of Ilorin's politics? Are the Sarakis not the progenitors of that preposterous social system? Well, a section of Nigeria's youths in exercise of their rights have joined that fray, have they however asked the right questions? Have they obtained the right answers?

Over the last few days, the APC has been running from pillar to post in response to revelations from an ordinary Twitter handle, @mrayedee. A single individual put a lie to the submission of the APC that Buhari was Guest at a Morning Show in London. It turned out that the venue of the so called event was the Transcorp Hilton Abuja.The moral fabric of the APC (outside Buahri) is disturbingly pappy. I laugh at some of my learned and educated friends who have deposited their capacities for independent rationalization on the altar of colourful but shallow mantras. Is it enough to remove Jonathan and be left with a different colour of governance but which essence is essentially same? I am not even asking them to withdraw from the APC but what does it take to increase the stakes for integrity and sincerity of purpose by virtue of their presence there? Why keep quiet in the face of blatant lies that we are being told whereas if it was Jonathan, nobody would hear word? There must be internal cleansing within the APC without which a good number of people will prefer the devil they know. These indiscretions whether they agree or not may cost them an election that is almost available to them for the taking. The strength of the APC lies in the youths of today and losing them will be a costly mistake they don't want o risk.

In the meantime, I remain undecided, and unapologetically so too. It is my contribution and unsolicited service to the bandwagon who seem to have lost capacity for unbiased analysis owing to partisan allegiance to either their PDP or their APC.

(1) (Reply)

Forward Ever / Question Of The Day: Jega Sega / @khamenei_ir And @pmofistrael Very Funny!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.