Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem (1449 Views)

Toyota Sienna 2001 Streering Rack Leak / Sienna 2001/02. Hub Bearing Fault / My Sienna 2001/2002 Model Drags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 5:03am On Feb 27, 2015
Gurus in the house l need your help. My Siena 2001 model is giving me breaking problem whenever l apply the breaks at a speed of above 80km/h. When you apply breaks at that speed the car vibrates. My mechanic said it was wheel balancing. I took it to Michelin service station for wheel balancing and was told is break disc. I have changed the break disc and there was no deffrence. What could the problem be?
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Feb 27, 2015
New or toks? What did you buy?
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
New or toks? What did you buy?
Toks
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
esiri4jesu:

Toks

Get a brand new set, problem solved.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by DECOtech(m): 12:04am On Mar 01, 2015
esiri4jesu, how far?

has your problem been solved?
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Get a brand new set, problem solved.
Sorry l did not get you initially, they were brand new(disc)
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
DECOtech:
esiri4jesu, how far?

has your problem been solved?
Far from it. I travelled to Umuahia yesterday and l must say it is worst than it was before replacing the disc. Right now l am confused more so when most of our technicians cannot really trouble shoot. I am thinking of selling not minding is just 4 months ago l bought it. The fuel consumption is alarming too. It is a V6 engine and from Benin to Umuahia and back with AC on which is less than 500km, l used 86liters. Mind you there was no hold up on the way.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
esiri4jesu:

Sorry l did not get you initially, they were brand new(disc)
Then check control arms and wishbone bushings.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
esiri4jesu:

Far from it. I travelled to Umuahia yesterday and l must say it is worst than it was before replacing the disc. Right now l am confused more so when most of our technicians cannot really trouble shoot. I am thinking of selling not minding is just 4 months ago l bought it. The fuel consumption is alarming too. It is a V6 engine and from Benin to Umuahia and back with AC on which is less than 500km, l used 86liters. Mind you there was no hold up on the way.
Let me start from your fuel consumption.
a) Do you use your sienna's factory recommended tyre size?
205/70 R15 95S or 215/65 R15 95S
b) Have you ever guaged your tyre pressure by yourself?Buy a personal tyre guage. Most vulcanizers errorneously pump our tyres to 55psi/60psi. They often guage it with their own faulty pressure guage and tell you its 40psi. Your recommended guage is 32/34 psi is 34psi/32psi.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
a) Is your check engine light on?
b) If yes, you need to scan to see if your car is running rich on fuel.
c) Try and run your fingers on the surface of your brake disc. If they are very rough. You may need to change it again. Do NOT use AUTOBOSS brake pads or any other 'metal' based brake pads. They destroy your brake discs.
Try and rotate your wheels and tyres if everything else is ok. But most importantly, watch your tyre pressure closely.
Till i hear from you again.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
chiebube:
a) Is your check engine light on?
b) If yes, you need to scan to see if your car is running rich on fuel.
c) Try and run your fingers on the surface of your brake disc. If they are very rough. You may need to change it again. Do NOT use AUTOBOSS brake pads or any other 'metal' based brake pads. They destroy your brake discs.
Try and rotate your wheels and tyres if everything else is ok. But most importantly, watch your tyre pressure closely.
Till i hear from you again.
If it is running rich on fuel, what do l need to do?
The disc is OK.
My tyre pressure, l check every week and ensure it is 35psi
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
chiebube:

Let me start from your fuel consumption.
a) Do you use your sienna's factory recommended tyre size?
205/70 R15 95S or 215/65 R15 95S
b) Have you ever guaged your tyre pressure by yourself?Buy a personal tyre guage. Most vulcanizers errorneously pump our tyres to 55psi/60psi. They often guage it with their own faulty pressure guage and tell you its 40psi. Your recommended guage is 32/34 psi is 34psi/32psi.
Yes. My tyre size is 205/70 R15 and the pressure is always 35psi. I ensure this.
What about the breaking problem?
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
esiri4jesu:

If it is running rich on fuel, what do l need to do?
The disc is OK.
My tyre pressure, l check every week and ensure it is 35psi
a) Is your thermostat still in your car?
b) Do your fans start blowing immediately when your engine is turned on anytime in the day.
c) check your air filter if its dirty.
d) check your injectors.
e) Is your check engine light on.
pls answer (a), (b), (e). please be more detailed. You still havent answered if your check engine light is on.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by DECOtech(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
esiri4jesu:

My brother, calm down. don't sell yet.

how about I stop by Benin while traveling from Owerri to Lagos next weekend, run diagnosis on your car and advise you accordingly for a fee? give me a call if you would not mind that.

Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
If you sell this 6 month old car, what makes you think the next car will be problem free. Cars need diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by esiri4jesu(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
chiebube:

a) Is your thermostat still in your car?
b) Do your fans start blowing immediately when your engine is turned on anytime in the day.
c) check your air filter if its dirty.
d) check your injectors.
e) Is your check engine light on.
pls answer (a), (b), (e). please be more detailed. You still havent answered if your check engine light is on.
Yes thermostat is still in the car.
No the fan don't start blowing immediately.
Yes my check engine light is on.
When l bought the car the last serviced paper that came with the car shows it was serviced last in July 2014 and everything came out OK except for the carbon emmision test that failed.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by nurey(m): 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
My man if you sell that sienna that is one of the biggest mistakes you can ever make, that car is one solid ride and takes abuse to the bearest minimum, but a tokunbo car is never trouble free, you have to spend to keep it functioning. Try to fix any impending issues and am sure the car will serve you. The problem with the tokunbo version from 1998 to 2002 is their leg problem (shock absorber, spring, disc etc) they must sha give this problem ni.
Re: Sienna 2001 Model Breaking Problem by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
OP, since the check engine is on. Run a diagnostic scan on your ride (permanent and pending) codes and post the code(s) here.

(1) (Reply)

Bmw's 100th Anniversary @ Eko Atlantic City, Lagos. / How To Identify A Camry Pencil With German Specs.. / Distance To Empty(dte)/fuel Tank Capacity(ftc) LAGOS - ABUJA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.