Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Why PDP May Loss Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP May Loss Benue State (2194 Views)

PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement / ''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP May Loss Benue State by NewsHub: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2015
Since the return of democracy in Nigeria in 1999, Benue state has been one of the states under the control of the PDP. When the then civilian Governor Dr. George Akume was sworn in, the people of the state had lots of hope. I was on ground in Benue during the time of Akume, so I can assess his administration.

Akume (now Senator Akume) though not a saint achieved a lot while he was governor…at least the people of the state were happy. One thing I commend Senator Akume for is the fact that during his time I had pipe borne water in my house; in fact I was bathing with shower then. Another very significant achievement of that administration was that money was in circulation in the state, and indigenes were given contracts by the state government. In fact the economy of the state was booming.

Fast forward to 2015, and what you see is a failed government and economy, poverty, massive corruption and deception, water scarcity, etc.
The current Governor of the state Gabriel Suswam was given the PDP ticket even though they were oppositions (remember he was alleged to have been involved in a 50 million naira bribery while he was at the house of Reps).

He was voted in 2007 with lots of expectations, but in contrast to Google’s slogan “Don’t be evil” Suswam became evil. After a year in office he started fighting with his predecessor, telling us that he (Akume) wanted to share the state’s money like he did during his time). Well, good enough we agreed that he use the money to work like he promised.

After about 8 years in office Suswam has nothing to show…no single meaningful project that is working. Worst still, salaries of civil servants are not paid. Just last year primary school teachers were on strike for 6 months yet the governor was busy travelling with the president. The question I ask myself is what has Suswam done with Benue state’s money? At least since he refused to develop the state he should pay salaries. Suswam’s administration has contributed to the growth of poverty and unemployment in the state.

In 2011 shortly before the elections, the PDP was still in charge of Benue. In fact Suswam was practically a god in the state. Then a revolution started!

Few days to the PDP senatorial primaries, Senator George Akume who wanted to return to the senate for a second time knew that Suswam was going to manipulate the elections in favour of his opponent, so he withdrew from the race. This move took everyone unawares including Suswam. That was the birth of opposition in Benue State!

Within 4 months the then ACN was able to sweep over the entire state, with the elderly, youth, and little children screaming “Ugbah Yor, Ishor Chengi” meaning “Ugbah (the ACN governorship candidate whom Akume brought) has come, show has changed”.

The elections eventually came and despite the rigging machinery of the PDP and Suswam, ACN won the state, but thanks to BSIEC and the judiciary. Suswam was announced the winner of the governorship elections amidst protest by some youths, especially Okada riders. The matter went to court but was never addressed; rather it was thrown out on the issue of “180 days”. ACN still won eight State Assembly and House of Representatives seats each; including a Senatorial seat (Benue Zone B where Akume represents).

Now to 2015, the PDP again in contrast to the “don’t be evil” slogan by Google manipulated the primaries in favour of a rather unpopular candidate by name Prince Terhemen Tarzor, as against the most viable candidate in the person of Dr. Samuel Ortom, the former Minister of State for Trade and Investment. This forced Ortom to decamp to the opposition, now APC.

Ortom is now a major concern to the PDP because he is loved by the people; the PDP and Suswam would want us to believe otherwise, but it’s obvious they are scared of Ortom. The recent attacks on the campaign train of Ortom and the APC is a prove to that. The point is if I don’t have an opposition why then should I bother myself attacking someone’s convoy with thugs? Why should I invade his campaign office and pull down bill boards?

Now if I want to list all the ills of Suswam and the PDP in Benue state it would become a full book, so I would just summarize and tell you plainly why PDP will loss Benue in a free and fair election.

1. The current PDP administration in the state is a total failure;
2. The people are tired;
3. The candidate of the PDP, Terhemen Tarzor is not a sellable brand (this is why he keeps going around sharing money);
4. Anything associated with Suswam is perceived as “evil”;
5. Ortom (the APC governorship candidate) is not a paper weight politician;
6. The people have not forgotten the way their mandate was stolen in 2011 by the PDP;
7. The leader of APC in the state, who is the Senate Minority Leader, Senator George Akume is loved by the people, even outside his zone;
8. A large voting population (civil servants) would not vote the PDP because of what they have passed through in the hands of Suswam.

Anybody that tells you there is no opposition in Benue state is just trying to console himself. That is what the PDP is doing! There is no need to talk too much; April is just around the corner.

I voted ACN in 2011, and I will vote APC in 2015! Enough of this nonsense!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 27, 2015
NewsHub:
[s]Since the return of democracy in Nigeria in 1999, Benue state has been one of the states under the control of the PDP. When the then civilian Governor Dr. George Akume was sworn in, the people of the state had lots of hope. I was on ground in Benue during the time of Akume, so I can assess his administration.

Akume (now Senator Akume) though not a saint achieved a lot while he was governor…at least the people of the state were happy. One thing I commend Senator Akume for is the fact that during his time I had pipe borne water in my house; in fact I was bathing with shower then. Another very significant achievement of that administration was that money was in circulation in the state, and indigenes were given contracts by the state government. In fact the economy of the state was booming.

Fast forward to 2015, and what you see is a failed government and economy, poverty, massive corruption and deception, water scarcity, etc.
The current Governor of the state Gabriel Suswam was given the PDP ticket even though they were oppositions (remember he was alleged to have been involved in a 50 million naira bribery while he was at the house of Reps).

He was voted in 2007 with lots of expectations, but in contrast to Google’s slogan “Don’t be evil” Suswam became evil. After a year in office he started fighting with his predecessor, telling us that he (Akume) wanted to share the state’s money like he did during his time). Well, good enough we agreed that he use the money to work like he promised.

After about 8 years in office Suswam has nothing to show…no single meaningful project that is working. Worst still, salaries of civil servants are not paid. Just last year primary school teachers were on strike for 6 months yet the governor was busy travelling with the president. The question I ask myself is what has Suswam done with Benue state’s money? At least since he refused to develop the state he should pay salaries. Suswam’s administration has contributed to the growth of poverty and unemployment in the state.

In 2011 shortly before the elections, the PDP was still in charge of Benue. In fact Suswam was practically a god in the state. Then a revolution started!

Few days to the PDP senatorial primaries, Senator George Akume who wanted to return to the senate for a second time knew that Suswam was going to manipulate the elections in favour of his opponent, so he withdrew from the race. This move took everyone unawares including Suswam. That was the birth of opposition in Benue State!

Within 4 months the then ACN was able to sweep over the entire state, with the elderly, youth, and little children screaming “Ugbah Yor, Ishor Chengi” meaning “Ugbah (the ACN governorship candidate whom Akume brought) has come, show has changed”.

The elections eventually came and despite the rigging machinery of the PDP and Suswam, ACN won the state, but thanks to BSIEC and the judiciary. Suswam was announced the winner of the governorship elections amidst protest by some youths, especially Okada riders. The matter went to court but was never addressed; rather it was thrown out on the issue of “180 days”. ACN still won eight State Assembly and House of Representatives seats each; including a Senatorial seat (Benue Zone B where Akume represents).

Now to 2015, the PDP again in contrast to the “don’t be evil” slogan by Google manipulated the primaries in favour of a rather unpopular candidate by name Prince Terhemen Tarzor, as against the most viable candidate in the person of Dr. Samuel Ortom, the former Minister of State for Trade and Investment. This forced Ortom to decamp to the opposition, now APC.

Ortom is now a major concern to the PDP because he is loved by the people; the PDP and Suswam would want us to believe otherwise, but it’s obvious they are scared of Ortom. The recent attacks on the campaign train of Ortom and the APC is a prove to that. The point is if I don’t have an opposition why then should I bother myself attacking someone’s convoy with thugs? Why should I invade his campaign office and pull down bill boards?

Now if I want to list all the ills of Suswam and the PDP in Benue state it would become a full book, so I would just summarize and tell you plainly why PDP will loss Benue in a free and fair election.

1. The current PDP administration in the state is a total failure;
2. The people are tired;
3. The candidate of the PDP, Terhemen Tarzor is not a sellable brand (this is why he keeps going around sharing money);
4. Anything associated with Suswam is perceived as “evil”;
5. Ortom (the APC governorship candidate) is not a paper weight politician;
6. The people have not forgotten the way their mandate was stolen in 2011 by the PDP;
7. The leader of APC in the state, who is the Senate Minority Leader, Senator George Akume is loved by the people, even outside his zone;
8. A large voting population (civil servants) would not vote the PDP because of what they have passed through in the hands of Suswam.

Anybody that tells you there is no opposition in Benue state is just trying to console himself. That is what the PDP is doing! There is no need to talk too much; April is just around the corner.

I voted ACN in 2011, and I will vote APC in 2015! Enough of this nonsense!!!

[/s]

Wake up from your sleep! Benue state is 100 for PDP. cool

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Mynd44: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2015
Suswan?

LMAO!!
Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by NewsHub: 10:34am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It's obvious you are the one that needs to wake up!!! It is a practical waste of time to engage in a meaningful political discuss with supporters of PDP.

12 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by kokoA(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You must be the one dreaming.. Come to Benue and feel the pulse of the people. PDP will lose a free and fair election with a large margin here.. In Benue, it is Sai Ortom! Sai Buhari..

11 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2015
kokoA:
[s]You must be the one dreaming.. Come to Benue and feel the pulse of the people. PDP will lose a free and fair election with a large margin here.. In Benue, it is Sai Ortom! Sai Buhari..[/s]

Keep deceiving yourself. Park well jare and wait for next month.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Arch1: 10:37am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I read your rant on the other thread about PDP's slim chance of winning in the SouthWest, here you are again on a thread about Benue state

when i went through your post histroy i found out that you are ibo. In your honest church mind, are you satisfied with the way the PDP administration have been governing the South East? Case in point: Governor Theodore Orji (pdp-abia) and Governor Martin Elechi (pdp-ebonyi)

8 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 27, 2015
I served in Benue state in during George Akume's administration and i must say he was a great achiever.

Suswan is a failure and the people must vote PDP out.

Ortom all the way!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Not just benue state, its sure for them to loose 25 states, 10 is a 50/50 chance while they are only assured of victory in just one.

5 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by AMINDA: 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
This analysis is exactly what is on ground.
Mods, frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Good luck at the polls
Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by egift(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
The wind of Change sweeping across Nigeria. Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
I am 4 GEJ... But ib benue mhen shit.. Suswan z a failure.... Not paid teachers 4 more dan 6months$$

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by bangiskings: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

your children will not forgive you if you didn't change ur way

1 Like

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Suswam govt is absurd n uncaring towards d workers. Pdp cant win benue again.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by signz: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
PDP may lose guber election but Gej has already won in Benue
Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by kokoA(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2015
signz:
you will be shocked at the result coming from Benue if card readers are used and the election is free and fair. GEJ has lost popularity in Benue.. Buhari has never been this popular in Benue since he has been contesting. Even PDP members campaign for Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by kokoA(m): 10:46am On Feb 28, 2015
signz:
you will be shocked at the result coming from Benue if card readers are used and the election is free and fair. GEJ has lost popularity in Benue.. Buhari has never been this popular in Benue since he has been contesting. Even PDP members campaign for Buhari. There's just something strange that I can't explain about Buhari's candidacy this year.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 28, 2015
The pdp has already given up on benue, they are lucky election is not holding in kogi too.

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by NewsHub: 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
kokoA:
you will be shocked at the result coming from Benue if card readers are used and the election is free and fair. GEJ has lost popularity in Benue.. Buhari has never been this popular in Benue since he has been contesting. Even PDP members campaign for Buhari.

That's very true!!! You need to see Makurdi the day Buhari visited.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by NewsHub: 6:50am On Mar 02, 2015
I went to visit someone over the weekend who happens to be a civil servant in Makurdi Benue State; i was angry and surprised when she told me she was last paid in October 2014.

She said the last November salary paid by the government was not uniform. Some civil servants were paid while others were not. Imagine someone working and not being paid. That is "evil".

PDP and Suswam has no conscience. It would be insanity for any normal human being that is not directly eating from the government to vote PDP in Benue.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP May Loss Benue State by NewsHub: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2015
Yesterday i became more angry with my state, Benue when someone told me how Nasarawa state governor publicly apologised to workers in the state for delaying their January salary by one week. Workers are usually paid as each month comes to an end.

A governor is apologising for just one week delay while my own governor owed teachers for 6 months and civil servants were paid last in October/November.

Like i said, it would be an act of madness for any right thinking Benue citizen and resident to vote Suswam's anointed candidate, Terhemen Tarzor.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Dogs Of The CIA - Boko Haram, The Invisible Hand Revealed / 27 Rare Historical Photos That Everyone Should See / 45yr Old Car Salesman Hangs Himself After Receiving A Letter. See The Letter :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.