Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

What Do You Do When You Want To Help, But Cannot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do When You Want To Help, But Cannot (517 Views)

Little Help...But Highly Appreciated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Do When You Want To Help, But Cannot by Abosi31(m): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yesterday, I took a long walk into campus from my house, walking past the motor park as well. It was not like I felt like hiking. I had no cash for the bus. I actually walked into campus to use the ATM in one of the banks there. On getting there, the ATM did not release cash; server was down. Oh God, not now.

After waiting for a few minutes, I decided to go back home and return later, when the queue would be less and the server would be free by then. Halfway, I saw a boy in a school uniform worn by students of a school miles away. I knew the school, because it was close to my family residence in Port Harcourt. We were waiting for a truck to pass, so we could cross the road when I said, “Your school is far away now,” What are you doing here?”

He was hesitant. I urged him to talk. Then he said: “Bros, can you help me with five hundred? I want to complete the money for my WAEC mock exam, if I don’t pay they will not let me write.”

You know those moments when you’re helpless and still wish you could help someone else? That’s exactly what I felt there. I could not even explain to him how the ATM was not paying, and how I was walking home because I did not have cash for a bus.

“Bro,” I said, “I really cannot help you now. . .”

I wanted to ask him to follow me to my house, so maybe I could get the money from a neighbour and pay back later, but hey, this is Nigeria. Nigeria in election period[i][/i]. He would have been rather suspicious of my kinder gesture. All he said was a simple ‘Thank you’ before he walked away,

Damn. I still wish I could rewind time, get that money. Then I’d wait for yesterday, at exactly 11am and hand it to a boy in school uniform, who I might never meet again. cry cry
Re: What Do You Do When You Want To Help, But Cannot by Vision4God: 1:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
Such kinda thing happens. U wud mit again so u cud help him. Dont worry bout it. God saw ur willingness 2 help
Re: What Do You Do When You Want To Help, But Cannot by Abosi31(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
Vision4God:
Such kinda thing happens. U wud mit again so u cud help him. Dont worry bout it. God saw ur willingness 2 help

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Please Vote For Baby Audrey To Win / ...... / Why Do Old People Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.