Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Little Help...But Highly Appreciated - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Little Help...But Highly Appreciated (1937 Views)

Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? / Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers / My Boss Was Trying To Help But Did We Over Step The Boundaries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Tundeiab(m): 1:31pm On May 21, 2016
On Wednesday this week, I got back home from work a little bit late. As I was entering the house my wife told me she will be needing some money, so I decided to take a bike to the ATM.

I stepped out of my compound, called a bike guy to take me to and from the ATM. We didn't agree on a prize.

While on the bike, we got talking and he was seriously complaining about the hike in fuel prize. He said he had been at the filling since morning but was only able to get in the evening.

It just finished raining, so I asked him why he is not with his family at home. His reply shocked me. He said if he should go home, his wife will drive him back because there is nothing at home to eat.

When I was done withdrawing from the ATM, on our way back I bought 2 Grand loaf breads for 900 naira.

On getting home I asked him how much his money was. He said 300 naira, so I gave him 500 naira and a loaf of bread and left for my flat.

He almost lied flat on the floor saying "thank you oga". That gesture might be little to me but it meant the world to him..

I am glad I was able put a smile on his face.

I AM WRITING THIS TO ENCOURAGE US TO ONCE IN A WHILE PUT A SMILE ON SOMEBODY's FACE.

God bless you all as you do so. HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Udochee(m): 2:25pm On May 21, 2016
No little act of kindness goes unrewarded...

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Tundeiab(m): 5:07pm On May 21, 2016
Udochee:

Yea... I agree my brother...

Lalasticlala over to you.

Let's teach NAIRALANDERS how to give.
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by uptoHim(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2016
God will bless you

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by mysticgal(f): 9:24pm On May 21, 2016
Wow cry

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Bolade005: 10:01pm On May 21, 2016
The present state of the economy is not helping matters atall. Just last week Tuesday, I got a call from my account officer to come and sign some documents so instead of me taking my car, I decided to just fly bike there and back. The bike man took me to the bank, I went in to sign the documents, came back and I saw the bike man crying with tears in his eyes. I was like "what happened"? And then he told me what he was going through. Apparently, his daughter was sick and he needed money for her treatment. He was working that day to come up with 3k but unfortunately business was dull for him that day. I had to give him 5k.

I was moved by his story and tears but a colleague said he probably scammed me. Scam or not, I did mine for God.

9 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by shaybebaby(f): 9:11am On May 22, 2016
Bolade005:
The present state of the economy is not helping matters atall. Just last week Tuesday, I got a call from my account officer to come and sign some documents so instead of me taking my car, I decided to just fly bike there and back. The bike man took me to the bank, I went in to sign the documents, came back and I saw the bike man crying with tears in his eyes. I was like "what happened"? And then he told me what he was going through. Apparently, his daughter was sick and he needed money for her treatment. He was working that day to come up with 3k but unfortunately business was dull for him that day. I had to give him 5k.

I was moved by his story and tears but a colleague said he probably scammed me. Scam or not, I did mine for God.
Detest your attitude on some matters but this I like. Now if only you could extend this to everyone not because of who they are/aren't but based on the fact that you are a kind person irrespective of who you meet.

We can't always give in material things but we can in other ways... through our actions, our words, our time. The driving force should be empathy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Bolade005: 9:31am On May 22, 2016
shaybebaby:

Detest your attitude on some matters but this I like. Now if only you could extend this to everyone not because of who they are/aren't but based on the fact that you are a kind person irrespective of who you meet.

We can't always give in material things but we can in other ways... through our actions, our words, our time. The driving force should be empathy.
What's in my attitude to detest? I'm not a terrible person pls.

Oh dear, how on God's green earth do you know this is a one time thing? I am a man that gives back to the society no matter how little irrespective of who and what they are.

I am a born Pyrate and one of our philosophy is for "humanistic ideals". I live by the below

While in body, flesh and spirit, do whatever you can now for the sake of humanity cause in the end, skulls and bones will not be differentiated. It is what we do and who we become that we all will be remembered by till eternity long after the bones and skulls are reduced to dust and ashes.

I completely agree with the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Tundeiab(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2016
uptoHim:
God will bless you

Amen!
I have to make one point clear though. I didn't open this thread to get noticed, but to encourage us who are a little buoyant to remember the needies.

God bless!

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by shaybebaby(f): 10:53am On May 22, 2016
Bolade005:

What's in my attitude to detest? I'm not a terrible person pls.

Oh dear, how on God's green earth do you know this is a one time thing? I am a man that gives back to the society no matter how little irrespective of who and what they are.

I am a born Pyrate and one of our philosophy is for "humanistic ideals". I live by the below

While in body, flesh and spirit, do whatever you can now for the sake of humanity cause in the end, skulls and bones will not be differentiated. It is what we do and who we become that we all will be remembered by till eternity long after the bones and skulls are reduced to dust and ashes.

I completely agree with the bolded.

Bolade005:
I'm just seeing that thread for the first time and really, it's kinda hard to believe you have a shred of humanity in you. Someone who sees nothing wrong in a girl being raised by two gays, Daddy and Daddy.

Anyways, I forgive you completely.

^ is the attitude or should I say opinion I disagree with. I have no inkling about what it feels like to be gay but I can empathize with being different and the judgement that comes with that to the exclusion of all else hence why I feel acceptance should encompass that group.
The very judgement pronounced on such group is the reason for my acceptance, why would anyone choose such a challenging path knowing the general societal perception?
I wouldn't choose it seeing the abuse they suffer, so to my mind, it must be something as a consequence of nature and not nurture (in majority of cases anyways). Besides, the only person's sexuality that matters to me is my partner's. The others, I have no use for since my needs are being met.

But that is one aspect of your beliefs, I do not believe it makes you a terrible person...just a part of who you are. This humanitarian part, regardless of its origin, I like.

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Tundeiab(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2016
Bolade005:

God bless your good heart. It's non of your business if he is lying or not. God will certainly bless you because you did it out of love.
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Bolade005: 11:05am On May 22, 2016
shaybebaby:

^ is the attitude or should I say opinion I disagree with. I have no inkling about what it feels like to be gay but I can empathize with being different and the judgement that comes with that to the exclusion of all else hence why I feel acceptance should encompass that group.
The very judgement pronounced on such group is the reason for my acceptance, why would anyone choose such a challenging path knowing the general societal perception?
I wouldn't choose it seeing the abuse they suffer, so to my mind, it must be something as a consequence of nature and not nurture (in majority of cases anyways). Besides, the only person's sexuality that matters to me is my partner's. The others, I have no use for since my needs are being met.

But that is one aspect of your beliefs, I do not believe it makes you a terrible person...just a part of who you are. This humanitarian part, regardless of its origin, I like.
I don't believe gays are born and that's why I won't offer them any support, not like they need it though but I will always speak out against them whenever I have the opportunity.

Anyways, I don't want to talk or argue other people's sexuality with you on this thread.

Thanks for accepting me the way I am and really I'm not a terrible person. The humanistic part, there is absolutely nothing wrong with its origin. I'm proud to identify with its origin.

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Bolade005: 11:09am On May 22, 2016
Tundeiab:

God bless your good heart. It's non of your business if he is lying or not. God will certainly bless you because you did it out of love.
Long after I'm gone, I want to be remembered for changing the lives of people for good. Amen bro.

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by shaybebaby(f): 11:51am On May 22, 2016
Bolade005:

I don't believe gays are born and that's why I won't offer them any support, not like they need it though but I will always speak out against them whenever I have the opportunity.

Anyways, I don't want to talk or argue other people's sexuality with you on this thread.

Thanks for accepting me the way I am and really I'm not a terrible person. The humanistic part, there is absolutely nothing wrong with its origin. I'm proud to identify with its origin.

Oh it wasn't a commentary on its origin, I know nawt about it but it doesn't diminish its validity.
We should do more of this as a nation, I believe theirein lies our prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Bolade005: 12:06pm On May 22, 2016
shaybebaby:

Oh it wasn't a commentary on its origin, I know nawt about it but it doesn't diminish its validity.
We should do more of this as a nation, I believe theirein lies our prosperity.
Exactly. Good to know we have one thing in common. I admire people with good heart and you sure have one. I have to "unhate" you. You're a nice woman.

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by austine4real(m): 2:29pm On May 22, 2016
cheesy cheesy
9c 1 from u
2bottles of big stout 4u
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by shaybebaby(f): 2:54pm On May 22, 2016
Bolade005:

Exactly. Good to know we have one thing in common. I admire people with good heart and you sure have one. I have to "unhate" you. You're a nice woman.
Unhate, lol. grin grin
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. We all have some good in us.
I don't know about having a good heart, I try to be good to people. Often think about how I want to be remembered by my loved ones after I am gone.
Mostly, I want to be the kind of person I hope my son meets on his own journey through life.
Glad we are not "hating" each other now. Love really does conquer all, who knew we'd find a common ground in something as simple as looking out for your fellow man.

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Bolade005: 3:22pm On May 22, 2016
shaybebaby:

Unhate, lol. grin grin
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. We all have some good in us.
I don't know about having a good heart, I try to be good to people. Often think about how I want to be remembered by my loved ones after I am gone.
Mostly, I want to be the kind of person I hope my son meets on his own journey through life.
Glad we are not "hating" each other now. Love really does conquer all, who knew we'd find a common ground in something as simple as looking out for your fellow man.
Don't even dare try to be modest about it, after seeing what you did for the guy that wanted to commit suicide, I knew right then that you're a good person. You believed in him when he didn't even believe in himself. You gave him hope. You made him realise there's a brighter day ahead. Honestly, I'm in awe of you.

@ the bolded, that's the irony of life. Credit to you, I will stop being judgmental.

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by yvelchstores(f): 7:35pm On May 22, 2016
Oh wow. God bless u sir
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by cococandy(f): 8:11pm On May 22, 2016
See what buhari is causing
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by johnson232: 11:58pm On May 22, 2016
Udochee:
some do go unrewarded sire...
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by johnson232: 12:17am On May 23, 2016
cococandy:
See what buhari is causing
even before buhari, time dey wey nigeria don take better before? sad

it has always been like this....

things will only change when considerate people like us get into power... that is the truth...

until then...suffering & smiling things...

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by johnson232: 12:18am On May 23, 2016
op is just like me.... cheesy
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Ewuro4: 3:44am On May 23, 2016
God will bless you OP.
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Tundeiab(m): 6:42am On May 23, 2016
yvelchstores:
Oh wow. God bless u sir
And you too ma.
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Tundeiab(m): 6:43am On May 23, 2016
Ewuro4:
God will bless you OP.

And you too

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Nobody: 8:20am On May 23, 2016
Plz someone should help elevate me from my financial depression. I am losing touch with reality. Nothing is working for me right now, and i am a student. I am really having suicidal thoughts.
Plz anything at all you give to help me will be appreciated ;(
my account details
. Ezekwe okezie kelechi
zenith bank acc
no: 2110748137
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 23, 2016
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by ifyalways(f): 2:43pm On May 23, 2016
timonski:
Plz someone should help elevate me from my financial depression. I am losing touch with reality. Nothing is working for me right now, and i am a student. I am really having suicidal thoughts.
my account details
. Ezekwe okezie kelechi
zenith bank acc
Why has the mods not banned this boy?

Since last year, this boy has been needing same amount, hijacking other peoples thread, refused to acknowledge when hes sent money and to cap it all, is extremely rude.

No go find work do.

2 Likes

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:05pm On May 23, 2016
ifyalways:

Why has the mods not banned this boy?

Since last year, this boy has been needing same amount, hijacking other peoples thread, refused to acknowledge when hes sent money and to cap it all, is extremely rude.

No go find work do.
Lol, I saw his thread of trying to start a ministry. Ministry of scamming, he gave his life to Christ and that same day he wants to start a ministry and he needs some monetary help again from nairalanders to help start his fake ministry. He is an unrepentant thief.

1 Like

Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by cococandy(f): 4:16pm On May 23, 2016
timonski:
my account details
. Ezekwe okezie kelechi
zenith bank acc
Na so. You gave nairalanders Money to keep for you abi? You're even playing with something as big as suicide. No conscience.
Re: Little Help...But Highly Appreciated by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 23, 2016
cococandy:

Na so. You gave nairalanders Money to keep for you abi? You're even playing won't something as big as suicide. No conscience.
ma I am serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife/girlfriend Beating / Is Your Inverter Battery Set Not Lasting Long? / First time sex with ashawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.