Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Chatham House Effects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Chatham House Effects (2784 Views)

Buhari Event At Chatham House (Link To Videos) / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website / Buhari Off To UK, To Speak At UK's Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
Two many questions, no answers on the cunny attitude of our "face for change." the chatham house adress has come and gone, but one question that is left untreated is, why has the general who stood at chatham house to pose a question, "Will you reject a dictator," although he refused to add; one who overthrew a democratically elected government, representing the mandate of her people. "Who is now, a democracy convert?" Well, the most righteous answer to that question is "NO". Since our respective holly books advice us all on the need for forgiveness. But then, how do we acertain that the dictator is now a democracy convert? Consequently, one of the questions that beckons for attention becomes; "Why delivering such adress to a population who has no mandate to offer, while refusing by neglect, to honour the yearnings of the true population he is meant by his quest, to represent?" If Buhari could stand at chatham house to adress a congregation of foreigners, how he intends to run the affairs of his father land. Why did he refuse to lend such audience to the call by his compatriots, to deliver a debate with his opposition? I think this is a cynical show of impunity that still trails the general's blood. Words and actions are two diferent things. While words are deceitful, actions are sacrosanct.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by Boss13: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Good points raised. I still wonder why Buhari refused to honour national debates but I also understand his concerns. Our media is very bias and can swing to the highest bidder. I also think the Chatham speech was not just for foreigners, he also spoke to Nigerians.

To me - in the bad lots of rotten eggs, Buhari is a better rotten egg. He has told us what he stands for. Anti-corruption, integrity and transparency. Now the society will judge him based on that.

My other concern is Jonathan - we seem not to understand him and his piecemeal projects. I am also afraid that if he wins we will continue to witness a huge disparity between the real nigeria and the nigeria on newspaper.

15 Likes

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Eggcelent(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Some relevant points you have raised there. However, I must say that as much as I agree with you that having a televised debate with President GEJ would have added something to the nation's democratic culture, I'll express my disagreement with you that his absence at such debates translates to impunity. The man has had town hall meetings in 3 places within the country. He has met with business as well as religious leaders. There have been no reports that attendance at these fora were limited to his supporters. I'll conclude by saying that impunity is when you as a leader decide to jettison the law and public opinion to pursue you personal agenda. Such can't be said of GMB in his conduct during this presidential campaign.

10 Likes

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
BobNeli:
Two many questions, no answers on the cunny attitude of our "face for change." the chatham house adress has come and gone, but one question that is left untreated is, why has the general who stood at chatham house to pose a question, "Will you reject a dictator," although he refused to add; one who overthrew a democratically elected government, representing the mandate of her people. "Who is now, a democracy convert?" Well, the most righteous answer to that question is "NO". Since our respective holly books advice us all on the need for forgiveness. But then, how do we acertain that the dictator is now a democracy convert? Consequently, one of the questions that beckons for attention becomes; "Why delivering such adress to a population who has no mandate to offer, while refusing by neglect, to honour the yearnings of the true population he is meant by his quest, to represent?" If Buhari could stand at chatham house to adress a congregation of foreigners, how he intends to run the affairs of his father land. Why did he refuse to lend such audience to the call by his compatriots, to deliver a debate with his opposition? I think this is a cynical show of impunity that still trails the general's blood. Words and actions are two diferent things. While words are deceitful, actions are sacrosanct.
[b]First of all it is obvious you did not pay full attention to his speeches or maybe your sentimental and biased way of reasoning did not allow you to listen to him carefully which would have made you to clearly and intelligently understand what he is saying...

Also For your information the town-hall meetings that buhari is doing is better than the debate organized in nigeria,at those debates nigerians are not allowed to ask aspirants direct questions the way they want ,but at a town-hall meeting people will be allowed to ask any sort of questions.......

But the NEDG debate has become politicized and the questions the panelist do ask most of the time is not really the questions nigerians want to ask.....

I watched a particular townhall meetings with buhari and you need to see the way buhari was bombarded with so many questions,some even asked him questions that no one would even have the guts to ask.....and he answered every questions...but buhari's accent is very funny...grin

But at the debate the case is different a debate whereby they will be asked few questions and they are not even able to give full details of their answers to the question asked because they do use "timing"for them and when the bell rings you have to stop talking and that can be very annoying to a lot of viewers.........that is my own opinion as a nigerian...

But as someone that wants to vote for buhari I will have to say

Sai change
Sai buhari
Sai better nigeria[/b]

11 Likes

Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Eggcelent:
Some relevant points you have raised there. However, I must say that as much as I agree with you that having a televised debate with President GEJ would have added something to the nation's democratic culture, I'll express my disagreement with you that his absence at such debates translates to impunity. The man has had town hall meetings in 3 places within the country. He has met with business as well as religious leaders. There have been no reports that attendance at these fora were limited to his supporters. I'll conclude by saying that impunity is when you as a leader decide to jettison the law and public opinion to pursue you personal agenda. Such can't be said of GMB in his conduct during this presidential campaign.
It is an undisputable fact that town hall meetings are party based rallies. That not withstanding, I watched with keen interest as the meetings were on, the manner of questions that were allowed, and you marvel at the level of deceits our politicians can indulge, to manipulate their ways through. The town hall meetings you are refering to are more or less jokes. Nothing serious. Especially the one that was organised in Edo state. No single person or group except for the more-like paid representative of the council of chiefs who merely inquired about the welfare package the APC party are readying for them but not the welfare of the people they (the council of chiefs) represent. Albeit he went ahead without waiting for an answer for his inquiry, to swear his support for the party. That kind of scenereo will only but satisfy your hunch about the organisation of such rallies. However, if anyone said he is leading without anyone following, he is only taking a walk. Hence, wishing to lead a people, you will listen and adhere to their request and not just yours. Failure to do like-wise is tantamount to taking a walk. So if the people demanded for a public debate, but you snubbed the request only to organise town hall meetings, it is cynical and disrespect to their sense of importance. We are talking about the Buhari, we all know. A leopard does not hide its spots. Deception has been one art of politics that can never be ignored. Lets be rational in our judgements and eschew baiasness as a result of personal inclinations.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by whitecat2: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Eggcelent(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
BobNeli. I'll choose not to dispute with your view that Buhari's Town Hall meetings were stage-managed. However, I won't agree with you that there is a popular clamour for a Presidential debate among Nigerians. That is as far from the truth as you might wish to think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
BobNeli:
Hence, wishing to lead a people, you will listen and adhere to their request and not just yours. Failure to do like-wise is tantamount to taking a walk. So if the people demanded for a public debate, but you snubbed the request only to organise town hall meetings, it is cynical and disrespect to their sense of importance. We are talking about the Buhari, we all know. A leopard does not hide its spots. Deception has been one art of politics that can never be ignored. Lets be rational in our judgements and eschew baiasness as a result of personal inclinations.
so goodluck jonathan is a saint??have you forgotten that goodluck jonathan did not attend the presidential debate at 2011??or you think people did not demand for a public debate from him?goodluck jonathan was busy discussing with DBANJ..grin so funny....

please let us leave politics aside and say the truth for once...if you say buhari is a leopard then am saying goodluck jonathan is also a leopard too!!!end of story.....people minds are made up already debate or no debate...and by the way it is still the same sweet things they will say at debate,every naija politician knows how to say sweet things that nigerians love to hear but the problem is the implementation...so my own focus is on the implementation...

words without action is useless in governance,it is called useless empty blank promises...

4 Likes

Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
Eggcelent:
BobNeli. I'll choose not to dispute with your view that Buhari's Town Hall meetings were stage-managed. However, I won't agree with you that there is a popular clamour for a Presidential debate among Nigerians. That is as far from the truth as you might wish to think.
Can you butress your points with facts? Because I have lived in this country atleast for the past four months now. And I'm sure lettered as to the day today turn out of events during this whole electioneering campaign period. Have you forgotten that as desperately as well meaning Nigerians needed this debate. When the APC party snubbed the first organisation, citing, compromise, as the dabate organising committee were going to be a fedral government parastatal, that an indepent body comprising of renowned journalists took up the challenge to eradicate that fear, yet, Buhari and the APC party till today has not told us in clear terms why they yet ignored it. If I am wrong please, I want to be put right on these assumptions.

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by azzima(m): 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
wakacome:
so goodluck jonathan is a saint??have you forgotten that goodluck jonathan did not attend the presidential debate at 2011??or you think people did not demand for a public debate from him?please let us leave politics aside and say the truth for once...if you say buhari is a leopard then am saying goodluck jonathan is also a leopard too!!!end of story.....people minds are made up already debate or no debate...and by the way it is still the same sweet things they will say at debate,every naija politician knows how to say sweet things that nigerians love to hear but the problem is the implementation...so my own focus is on the implementation...

words without action is useless in governance,it is called useless empty blank promises...
ahhhhhhhh. How much ppl forget . But we all remembered the fool debated with DBANJ . Go figure!!
Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
whitecat2:
Rubbish!!!
Is your name not whitecat? Your contributions to salient issues only depicts your person. You either have nothing to contribute or live in illusions. Just as a humanbeing, you chosed to be known cat.

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
wakacome:
[b]First of all it is obvious you did not pay full attention to his speeches or maybe your sentimental and biased way of reasoning did not allow you to listen to him carefully which would have made you to clearly and intelligently understand what he is saying...

Also For your information the town-hall meetings that buhari is doing is better than the debate organized in nigeria,at those debates nigerians are not allowed to ask aspirants direct questions the way they want ,but at a town-hall meeting people will be allowed to ask any sort of questions.......

But the NEDG debate has become politicized and the questions the panelist do ask most of the time is not really the questions nigerians want to ask.....

I watched a particular townhall meetings with buhari and you need to see the way buhari was bombarded with so many questions,some even asked him questions that no one would even have the guts to ask.....and he answered every questions...but buhari's accent is very funny...grin

But at the debate the case is different a debate whereby they will be asked few questions and they are not even able to give full details of their answers to the question asked because they do use "timing"for them and when the bell rings you have to stop talking and that can be very annoying to a lot of viewers.........that is my own opinion as a nigerian...

But as someone that wants to vote for buhari I will have to say

Sai change
Sai buhari
Sai better nigeria[/b]
big fool, y didn't he accept d channels tv challenge? Guy go germinate some wisdom, ya lack it bro!

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Eggcelent(m): 5:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
"Because I have lived in this country atleast for the past four months now." Where have you been residing Bro @BobNeli?
Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
wakacome:
so goodluck jonathan is a saint??have you forgotten that goodluck jonathan did not attend the presidential debate at 2011??or you think people did not demand for a public debate from him?goodluck jonathan was busy discussing with DBANJ..grin so funny....

please let us leave politics aside and say the truth for once...if you say buhari is a leopard then am saying goodluck jonathan is also a leopard too!!!end of story.....people minds are made up already debate or no debate...and by the way it is still the same sweet things they will say at debate,every naija politician knows how to say sweet things that nigerians love to hear but the problem is the implementation...so my own focus is on the implementation...

. Thanks for your highlights. But my brother, can we actually realise that we are in 2015. And that the mistakes of 2011 should not be allowed to scuttle our dreams for 2015 and henceforth. Do you realize that the Buhari of 2011 is likely not going to be same as the Buhari of 2015? Asuming withing this lapse of 4yrs, our dear general became incapacitated, as we all know, age is no longer on his side. Maybe by way of mental degradation and its likes, wount it be futile on our part to entrust our mandate for a better future in an unconfirmed entity? The debate was quite one of the best ways to acertain his understanding of the responsibilities he would be shouldering for me and you. He denied us that opportunity, and here we are keeping blind eyes just in other not to contradict ourselves on things we have already wished to accept as truths. Negligence of duty can never take away it's consequencies. Let's always realise what we are doing to avoid crying over a spilt milk.

2 Likes

Re: The Chatham House Effects by whitecat2: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yada yada yada!!
Atleast I make more sense than you!
What you wrote is thrashed period, you can go and hang yourself eediott!
BobNeli:
Is your name not whitecat? Your contributions to salient issues only depicts your person. You either have nothing to contribute or live in illusions. Just as a humanbeing, you chosed to be known cat.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Eggcelent:
"Because I have lived in this country atleast for the past four months now." Where have you been residing Bro @BobNeli?
That kind of statement corroborates the idea and manner of our face for change. You remember, "I have atleast N1m in my account" that does not mean, i have been living ouside the shores before that time frame. Just to remind you that I have been into it since the inception of election campaigns.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
whitecat2:
Yada yada yada!!
Atleast I make more sense than you!
What you wrote is thrashed period, you can go and hang yourself eediott!
Exihibition
Re: The Chatham House Effects by whitecat2: 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ok!
BobNeli:
Exihibition
Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
wakacome:

Please, with due respect my brother, how many people do you represent? Far from insults. How indeed can you acertain that people's minds are already made up? Already made up on who? Goodluck or Buhari? Have you noticed recently on certain posts, where people denounced their allegiance to whom they were suporting to adopt another? Even amongst the party highrachy, crossing capets. That statement is not right. Also, may I remind us that two wrongs can never make a right. If Goodluck Jonathan did not attend debate in 2011, but we all know the importance of such debates and would as well, want our prospective leaders to come out and enlighten us about their manifestoes. Would it be right to dismiss it on the grounds that someone in the irrecoverable past commited such a blunder? Remember, no one is mandated on this. But the eyes have your actions under watch and must equip the mind with informations to work on. So we are talking about the reliability of the promises beeing made by our would be representatives.

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
BobNeli:
Please, with due respect my brother, how many people do you represent? Far from insults. How indeed can you acertain that people's minds are already made up? Already made up on who? Goodluck or Buhari? Have you noticed recently on certain posts, where people denounced their allegiance to whom they were suporting to adopt another? Even amongst the party highrachy, crossing capets. That statement is not right. Also, may I remind us that two wrongs can never make a right. If Goodluck Jonathan did not attend debate in 2011, but we all know the importance of such debates and would as well, want our prospective leaders to come out and enlighten us about their manifestoes. Would it be right to dismiss it on the grounds that someone in the irrecoverable past commited such a blunder? Remember, no one is mandated on this. But the eyes have your actions under watch and must equip the mind with informations to work on. So we are talking about the reliability of the promises beeing made by our would be representatives.
My good friend you made a very good point but what I am saying is that it is not just making promises but implementing what they promised is the problem that our leaders have,they will tell us the same story bla bla bla but to implement it becomes a problem,they will promise us this promise us that but at the end what do they do?they don't keep all their promises.......at the debate they keep telling us the same stories we have been hearing for years...

Just like the singer(2face) said in one of his songs**singing**e be like say dem wan too tell another story again ni oooooo......

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Boss13:
Good points raised. I still wonder why Buhari refused to honour national debates but I also understand his concerns. Our media is very bias and can swing to the highest bidder. I also think the Chatham speech was not just for foreigners, he also spoke to Nigerians.

To me - in the bad lots of rotten eggs, Buhari is a better rotten egg. He has told us what he stands for. Anti-corruption, integrity and transparency. Now the society will judge him based on that.

My other concern is Jonathan - we seem not to understand him and his piecemeal projects. I am also afraid that if he wins we will continue to witness a huge disparity between the real nigeria and the nigeria on newspaper.
if you read my last line of sentences, you would educate your self the more. "actions and words are two diferent ball games". The mandate is four years, whether you like it or not. Dnt live to cry over a spilt milk. Take your time by the fore-lock. The transformative agenders of goodluck Jonathan are there for the rational minded to see. The only ones that are not seeing them are those biaised by their political inclinations. Free yourself so that you can see.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
big fool, y didn't he accept d channels tv challenge? Guy go germinate some wisdom, ya lack it bro!
Can't you make your point without insults??must you always behave like a hopeless goat??some people may say you are behaving like a foolish man,they may say you talk like a foolish man,they may say you act like a foolish man,they may say you think like a foolish man,but the truth is is that "YOU ARE TRULY FOOLISH..."grin
Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
wakacome:
Can't you make your point without insults??must you always behave like an slowpoke??some people may say you are behaving like a foolish man,they may say you talk like a foolish man,they may say you act like a foolish man,they may say you think like a foolish man but the truth which they do not know is that "YOU ARE TRULY FOOLISH..."grin
wen ya steal a quote ya reference d person. Am done wif ya till ya correct yaself. Feeling like a superman cos ya just said nonsense. Go germinate some wisdom bro undecided
Re: The Chatham House Effects by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
wen ya steal a quote ya reference d person. Am done wif ya till ya correct yaself. Feeling like a superman cos ya just said nonsense. Go germinate some wisdom bro undecided
***singing**when a foolish man is talking aww yeah,when a foolish man is talking**beats the drum**silence is the best answer for a fool......dancing***...
Re: The Chatham House Effects by StunningCEO: 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
change is here. let us get this chance.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
wakacome:
My good friend you made a very good point but what I am saying is that it is not just making promises but implementing what they promised is the problem that our leaders have,they will tell us the same story bla bla bla but to implement it becomes a problem,they will promise us this promise us that but at the end what do they do?they don't keep all their promises.......at the debate they keep telling us the same stories we have been hearing for years...

Just like the singer(2face) said in one of his songs**singing**e be like say dem wan too tell another story again ni oooooo......
Well, my brother, judging from the little experience I have gathered from my sourgeon into the business world, I can attest to the fact that the administration of public affairs is a complex thing. Let us try and be realistic with our demands from our leaders. Indeed, from what I can see from this present administration, Nigeria is well, positioned for greatness from here. There are lots of challenges beseting the actualization of these promises they make. And on the occassion of our vissionable president, he inheritated more challenges than anyone else in the past. But admist all these challenges, he has proven his mettle by tactically and peacefully bringing the whole situation under control. Believe you me, the recently concluded National conference resolutions which beckons for implementation is one of the master plans of the present government to reposition Nigeria. And need I tell you that the opposition party, APC are unrepentantly against it. There are lots of loop-holes in the 1999 constitution that enhances corruption in this country. Which were some of the sallient issues adressed at the conference. But these group of avarice contingent who are bent on stopping at nothing but to scuttle the implementation of those resolutions, are the real problems Nigeria is facing, not a failled government. I want to tell you that if the status quo is not changed, there is little or nothing anybody can do to wipe away corruption from this country. President goodluck Jonathan, having seen all these, called for the National conference, so that Nigeria will be repositioned for greatness. Let us not join hands with these greedy few, who oppose change and yet want to use it as a smoke screen to send unsuspecting minds off the scent while hopping to reinstate their real manifesto after grabbing power to delay our destinies. Remember, they are all against the implementation of the resolutions of the national confrence.

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
StunningCEO:
The only change we can see is from the implimentation of the resolutions of the national confernce which president goodluck Jonathan is the champion. The opposition that is clamouring for change is totally against it, remember. We do not comprehend the manner of change that is contained in their manifesto. And they refuse to make clear.

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
StunningCEO:
The only change we can see is from the implementation of the resolutions of the national confernce which president goodluck Jonathan is the champion. The opposition that is clamouring for change is totally against it, remember. We do not comprehend the manner of change that is contained in their manifesto. And they refuse to make it clear.

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by Eggcelent(m): 5:58am On Feb 28, 2015
BobNeli:
That kind of statement corroborates the idea and manner of our face for change. You remember, "I have atleast N1m in my account" that does not mean, i have been living ouside the shores before that time frame. Just to remind you that I have been into it since the inception of election campaigns.
. Can you kindly clarify your above statements? Meanwhile, I assumed at the start of this thread that you were interested in an unbiased discussion. However, I've seen from your recent posts that you are a marketer of the Jonathan candidacy. Hence, you may not be absolutely objective in your contributions. Nothing wrong with that as it is your inalienable right under a democratic government to hold your own view. In conclusion, I must commend the civility with which you have responded to all issues herein raised. Such is rare on this platform.
Re: The Chatham House Effects by Change2015(m): 6:14am On Feb 28, 2015
BobNeli:
. Thanks for your highlights. But my brother, can we actually realise that we are in 2015. And that the mistakes of 2011 should not be allowed to scuttle our dreams for 2015 and henceforth. Do you realize that the Buhari of 2011 is likely not going to be same as the Buhari of 2015? Asuming withing this lapse of 4yrs, our dear general became incapacitated, as we all know, age is no longer on his side. Maybe by way of mental degradation and its likes, wount it be futile on our part to entrust our mandate for a better future in an unconfirmed entity? The debate was quite one of the best ways to acertain his understanding of the responsibilities he would be shouldering for me and you. He denied us that opportunity, and here we are keeping blind eyes just in other not to contradict ourselves on things we have already wished to accept as truths. Negligence of duty can never take away it's consequencies. Let's always realise what we are doing to avoid crying over a spilt milk.

This inelegant rubbish you type is unworthy. Buhari has campaigned in 35 States so far and has spoken at many fora and given innumerable interviews on tv and in print. He has shown himself more than capable and more intellectually together than the incumbent. As for a debate I really do not care for him to be involved unless it it organised by a totally government - free organisation and that will not happen. After ait and nta etc have accepted to air poisonous propaganda for profit we are wary. Channels remains the only station that strives for fair play but even then Buhari is already coasting whereas Jonathan is floundering, so why do Jonathan any favours? Even if Jonathan presents Shekau's head on a stick he will still lose the election because his actions over the last six years have convicted him of gross incompetence and failure of leadership.

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: The Chatham House Effects by BobNeli(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2015
Eggcelent:
. Can you kindly clarify your above statements? Meanwhile, I assumed at the start of this thread that you were interested in an unbiased discussion. However, I've seen from your recent posts that you are a marketer of the Jonathan candidacy. Hence, you may not be absolutely objective in your contributions. Nothing wrong with that as it is your inalienable right under a democratic government to hold your own view. In conclusion, I must commend the civility with which you have responded to all issues herein raised. Such is rare on this platform.
Thanks for your civility too. Well, what I meant by my statement, "atleast I have been in this country for the past 4 months" simply refers to that, I've witnessed the entire electioneering campaigns so far. But you misunderstood it to mean that I'd been living outside the shores and only came in 4 months ago. Again, when I said "it coroborates the manner and tactis of our face for change". You did remember me also qouting a statement Buhari made in his eagerness to declare his assets, which nobody demanded him yet. "I have atleast N1m in my account". Many questions trailled that statement. As most people demanded to know the actuall amount he had. Since "atleast, N1m" could also mean, N1b or more. I merely played with your misconception of my quote and also hopped to use it to butress more facts about what I've sensed from the whole ambigious CHANGE mantra. Those guys have a lot of skeletons in their cupboard
Re: The Chatham House Effects by Eggcelent(m): 2:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ok. As to assets declaration, it'll be the height of naivety to believe that Buhari has only a million naira in his account. At least, he is entitled to N23 million monthly as a former Head of State. He can't just spend it all. And as a 72 years old man, there is no doubt he'll have well-to-do children who are contributing to his welfare. As to the APC leaders having skeletons in their cupboards. Yes, they do. And so are their PDP counterparts. Same applies to public/civil servants. THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ASKING AS CITIZENS HERE ARE; has the PDP government done enough in the past 16 years given the resources available to deserve another 4 years? is the APC presenting a better alternative given the competence of personalities therein & understanding of the challenges at hand?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Photos Of IPOB Members Shot Dead By Army In Ekwulobia (happening Now / Restructuring: Largest National Se, Sw, Ss, Mb Coalition Meets In Abuja / What Imo State Will Look Like When Rochas Leaves In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.