Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana (3012 Views)

Supporters Of Atiku Abubakar & Kwankwaso Clash In Jada, Adamawa (Photos) / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by DonaldGenes(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
....Says Yoruba agenda at the confab largely defeated...

Governor Olusegun Mimiko, a staunch ally and campaigner for President Goodluck Jonathan in western Nigeria, wants his Yoruba compatriots to support Jonathan’s re-election.

His reason was that Jonathan would actualise the Yoruba agenda as articulated during the constitutional conference organised last year in Abuja.
“The CONFAB Report when implemented, will create room for each State to have its own constitution, its own police force, its own prison service, can create its own local governments, can build its own Airports, Seaports and Railways and in addition; in the economic domain, solid minerals that had been the exclusive preserve of the Federal Government since independence, have now been brought to the concurrent list. States can now create employment and develop at their own pace. With all that, it liberates everybody, it opens up the political space,” Mimiko said.

Mr Femi Falana, Senior Advocate of Nigeria, who was a delegate at the National Conference, said Mimiko has not said the truth about the achievements of the South West delegates at the confab. In this interview to be published by TheNEWS magazine on Monday, Falana said the core Yoruba agenda was mostly defeated at the Confab

e text of the interview:
Some Yoruba leaders have been hanging their support for President Jonathan on the Confab report implementation. As a member of the Confab, what is your view?

I recognize the fundamental right of political leaders, including the Afenifere members to support President Jonathan. But they have no right to base their partisan support on historical inaccuracies. With respect, President Jonathan has demonstrated disdain for the Confab report. The report of the Confab containing about 600 recommendations was submitted to President Jonathan in July last year. Upon the receipt of the report seven months ago, the President set up a 7-member Committee headed by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Mohammed Adoke SAN to study the report and recommend the implementation of the recommendations. The Committee is yet to submit its report.

Not only that, some of the recommendations are being pooh-poohed by the Government. For instance, the members of the Confab unanimously voted for the separation of the State from religious affairs. In particular, it was recommended that the State should withdraw from the sponsorship of pilgrimages to Mecca, Jerusalem and other holy sites.

The other day, President Jonathan led thousands of Christian pilgrims to Jerusalem. Even in the on-going campaign President Jonathan has been worshipping in different churches where he is usually given the microphone to address the congregation. Do you know the serious implications of the manipulation of religion if the candidates of other political parties take their campaigns to the mosques or the shrines to woo voters? President Obasanjo started the dangerous game of grabbing the microphone to join issues with priests who had the temerity to criticize his regime. Churches have since been converted to campaign centres. Unfortunately, our religious leaders have not plucked up the courage to stop the commercialization and politicization of religion.

Can you be more specific on the Yoruba Agenda at the national conference?

Frankly speaking, the Yoruba agenda was anchored on regional autonomy, restructuring, parliamentary system or Westminster model, fiscal federalism or resource control, unicameral legislature, a ceremonial president and a prime minister with full executive powers, a special status for Lagos state, state police and deletion of the Land Use Act from the Constitution. Those were the items which constituted the core Yoruba Agenda. The items were defeated in toto at the confab. Of course, the establishment of State Police scaled through on the basis of the role of the civilian joint task force in the fight against insurgency in the north east region. I challenge the authors of the Yoruba Agenda to point to other items that were adopted by the Confab. That is not to say that the confab was a failure.

However, while representatives of ethnic nationalities lost at the Confab the Nigerian people won a number of concessions. For instance, the justiciability of Chapter II of the Constitution was unanimously agreed upon by the delegates. The secularity of the State was affirmed. Instead of the federal character commission we recommended the establishment of equal opportunities commission. National minimum wage and labour matters are to remain in the exclusive legislative list. No doubt, some matters were taken from exclusive legislative list to allow for minimal devolution of powers. The 2014 National Confab made three types of recommendations on policy direction, statutory amendments and constitutional review. The recommendations required the promulgation of over 50 new laws and amendment of about 80 existing legislations. Some of the bills were prepared and submitted to the Government. President Jonathan did not call a Yoruba Confab but a National Conference.

There is therefore no basis for the Afenifere to claim the success of the Confab. Contrary to the desperate moves to claim any credit for originality

The news is long, more like an epistle, hence you might want to read more at your own volition

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/27/supporters-of-jonathan-in-south-west-self-serving-femi-falana/
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by temitemi1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

5 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ma certificate is lost, can someone summarize it for me undecided
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by DonaldGenes(m): 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

That's why I had to redact the whole story not to bore readers...Just to help you sieved what he meant..He says they are indirectly indulging in self-Praise...
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by stan241(m): 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ till 2019!!!
Always saw people call you a robot but hadn't confirmed it till today

7 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by ochejoseph(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
Honestly I had a lot of Repsect for Falana Until he started his defence of a Certificateless society !

The problem with most APC members is simple 

If you support them you are a patriot, if you support GEJ you are paid 

If we win election it is fair, if PDP wins it was rigged 

Everybody refused to give this man SAN as a matter of fact he was the most snubbed layer of all time finally Under GEJ, the sun shined and he got it! 

I also remember GEJ has invited this fellow on some occasions where legal counsel was needed,But Falana wants more! 

He wants to Be attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice!  

That in his own opinion is not self serving? 

Make we hear word! 

GEJ till Falana comes back to his senses

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
Femi Falana needs to revisit his history books on the story of Head of State Buhari and Lagos

He also need to check what the law says about perjury

then he will tell be able to tell us who is self serving

3 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Bmark: 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
this is one of the true leaders of yoruba land,the omoluwabis not omo ale okupe or ayo adebanjo arugbo onijekuje or yinka odumakin the pocket activist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by iphanyiuma(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
gringrin so that was self-serving....I tot I saw self servicing...
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
A true yoruba leader has spoken.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by iphanyiuma(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
grin;Dso that's even self-serving...tot I saw self servicing
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by davidmascot(m): 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
mikeansy:
Femi Falana needs to revisit his history books on the story of Head of State Buhari and Lagos

I think you have a comprehension problem.

1 Like

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by tobtap: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
JUST INCASE cheesy grin
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by AustineE1: 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
pls dont learn that rubbish from Buhari.
Btw,i ve since lost my respect for falana,i use to put Falana in the class of Gani Fawehinmi until he sold his conscience and betrayed the youths who once looked up to him.These days,he justifies anything no matter how bad it is,just to satisfy his APC pay masters.Indeed at this stage of his carrier,he has choosen to mess up everything he has worked for.Falana is a big shame to the human rights community and all lawyers of conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by raumdeuter: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Falana is right, Yoruba masses know those who are for them and those who are not

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by ManMountain(m): 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
these useless people want to hoodwink us. God punish foolish 'elders' cheesy cheesy
the Yoruba youths that constitute the bulk of the voters in the SW have overcome the old useless sentiments of these ''elders'', we cannot allow their old prejudices to shape our future.

3 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
AustineE1:

pls dont learn that rubbish from Buhari.
Btw,i ve since lost my respect for falana,i use to put Falana in the class of Gani Fawehinmi until he sold his conscience and betrayed the youths who once looked up to him.These days,he justifies anything no matter how bad it is,just to satisfy his APC pay masters.Indeed at this stage of his carrier,he has choosen to mess up everything he has worked for.Falana is a big shame to the human rights community and all lawyers of conscience.
true talk bro, d guy dis days is so annoying and full of shitz undecided

1 Like

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by ManMountain(m): 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
mikeansy:

we yoruba youths will never allow old grudges and prejudices to control our future, you are free to continue that in iboeland

1 Like

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by themilanway(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
ochejoseph:
Honestly I had a lot of Repsect for Falana Until he started his defence of a Certificateless society !
Everybody refused to give this man SAN as a matter of fact he was the most snubbed layer of all time finally Under GEJ, the sun shined and he got it! 
I also remember GEJ has invited this fellow on some occasions where legal counsel was needed,But Falana wants more! 
Make we hear word! 

The same Falana who was at the fore front holding rally and protest when Turai and her led cabal refuse to allow this same Jonathan act as the acting President?

You guys are too dumb and hypocritals.

6 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by davidmascot(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
I want someone to show me any form of partisanship in Falana's statement.Someone addressed a big issue as this,with facts and figures and you people are calling for his head? If it takes you three times to read before you understanb,make sure you read every post three times before you comment. SMH.

4 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by ManMountain(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
davidmascot:
I want someone to show me any form of partisanship in Falana's statement.Someone addressed a big issue as this,with facts and figures and you people are calling for his head? If it takes you three times to read before you understanb,make sure you read every post three times before you comment. SMH.
you dey mind these yeye people, once you don't blindly support GEJ like they do, they call you unprintable names.
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
My own question is, where is the PIB law that the president promised us in 2011? Today he is campaigning with confab report

Who be mu mu

3 Likes

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
Frankly speaking, the Yoruba agenda was anchored on
regional autonomy, restructuring, parliamentary system or
Westminster model, fiscal federalism or resource control,
unicameral legislature, a ceremonial president and a prime
minister with full executive powers, a special status for
Lagos state, state police and deletion of the Land Use Act
from the Constitution. Those were the items which
constituted the core Yoruba Agenda. The items were
defeated in toto at the confab. Of course, the
establishment of State Police scaled through on the basis
of the role of the civilian joint task force in the fight
against insurgency in the north east region. I challenge the
authors of the Yoruba Agenda to point to other items that
were adopted by the Confab. That is not to say that the
confab was a failure.

If the Yoruba agenda was totally defeated at the confab, what are these shameless elders hinging their support for gej on the confab for?

Nigerians shine your eyes. Elders o ti gbo wo
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by seunmsg(m): 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
ochejoseph:

Make we hear word! 

You are a very shameless man with no integrity. What's the meaning of the nonsense you wrote above? I know as a matter of fact that Reno pays you to post on Nairaland but then, that does not mean you should be posting outright rubbish and maligning the reputation of people who have worked hard enough to build their integrity.

It is not a must to support GEJ so stop abusing people who are not supporting your Jesus of Otueke.
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by ochejoseph(m): 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
seunmsg:

You are a very shameless man with no integrity. What's the meaning of the nonsense you wrote above? I know as a matter of fact that Reno pays you to post on Nairaland but then, that does not mean you should be posting outright rubbish and maligning the reputation of people who have worked hard enough to build their integrity.

It is not a must to support GEJ so stop abusing people who are not supporting your Jesus of Otueke.

Lol
You just made my evening!

1 Like

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by TheOtherview: 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
I must commend Femi Falana for bringing the self-serving machinations of this group into sharp focus, at a time when so many in the South West are seeing blind and hearing deaf.

The dark forces responsible for the heist that took place in Ekiti are currently encircling, so this piece of commentary does not come a day too soon.

#EkitiGate: The Nigerian Senate Should Reject Obanikoro As Minister -Prof. Akin Oyebode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgVAmlPjPM?list=UUKnyVIW5QvfnsXddsjFKx4A
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by aminashy: 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by DonaldGenes(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
davidmascot:

That's typical Nigerians for you

They failed to sieve out the message but Heck No, they want the head of the messenger
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by vanunu: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
ManMountain:
these useless people want to hoodwink us. God punish foolish 'elders' cheesy cheesy
the Yoruba youths that constitute the bulk of the voters in the SW have overcome the old useless sentiments of these ''elders'', we cannot allow their old prejudices to shape our future.

U are insulting ur elders, I pity u, do u know buhari more than ur elders that saw his tyranical rule thirty yrs ago?
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by GenIgrigi: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
ochejoseph:

Make we hear word! 

Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by GeneralBosco: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
[s]
ochejoseph:

Lol
You just made my evening!
[/s]
You're a very shameless cretin.
Re: Supporters Of Jonathan In South West Self-serving: Femi Falana by Rilwayne001: 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
following

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari And His Team In A Jet As They Head To Kaduna For A Rally Today / Survival In Biafra. Pictures From Queen Elisabeth Hospital Umuahia. / Video:- Meet South Africa’s Youngest Millionaire (see How He Made It)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.