Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! (33418 Views)

Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning / OANDO Staff Appeal For Support And Urgent Intervention In The Mass Sacking / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by afanide: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
There is A Way Out!!!

ALL CHINA, KOREA, & JAPAN IMPORTERS HERE THIS: INFORMATION IS WHAT RULES THE WORLD. WHAT YOU DONT KNOW, YOU DONT KNOW AND THERE IS NO TO WAYS ABOUT THAT.

ONLY 10% OF THE ENTIRE CHINESE IMPORTERS IN NIGERIA KNOWS ABOUT THESE SHIPPING COMPANIES I AM ABOUT TO REVEAL TO YOU. MOST OF THEM (Nigerian Importers) DONT KNOW AND ARE PAYING DEARLY FOR IT BECAUSE THEY LACK THE RIGHT INFORMATION.

I WOULD PAY ANYTHING TO GET INFORMATION IN AS MUCH AS IT WOULD ADD POSITIVE IMPACT TO MY LIFE, AND FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE.

NOTE:YOU WILL ALSO GET THE LINK WHERE I PURCHASE MY PRODUCT FROM AN ASIAN COMPANY IN KOREA. QUALITY PRODUCTS FOR PENNY.

THESE ARE THE 5 SHIPPING COMPANIES LOCATED IN LAGOS AND SHIPS FROM CHINA TO NIGERIA @ 1K PER KG.

NO. 1=
THIS CAMPANY CHARGES 5.5dollar ie (#1k) PER KG FROM CHINA TO NIGERIA. CUSTOM CHARGES=#300, CLEARANCE FEE=500. NORMALLY THEY SHIP OUT IN TUESDAYS/FRIDAYS, AND CUSTOM CLEARANCE TAKES 3DAYS IN LAGOS BEFORE IT ARRIVES THIER WAREHOUSE. NOTE THAT YOU CAN PAY SHIPPING FEE WHEN YOUR GOODS ARRIVES IN LAGOS. THEY SHIP ALL KINDS OF GOODS INCLUDING LAPTOPS, PHONES, POWER BANKS, etc.

NO. 2=
THEY CHARGE 5dollar per kg FOR NORMAL SERVICE, AND 11dollar per KG FOR EXPRESS SERVICE [including Clearance/custom charge].
NORMAL SERVICE TAKES 8 DAYS, while EXPRESS SERVICE TAKES 4 DAYS. BUT THIS SERVICE IS NOT FOR BATTERY PRODUCTS SUCH AS PHONES, LAPTOPS, & POWER BANKS.

No. 3=
THEY OFFER DOOR TO DOOR SERVICE IN/OUTSIDE LAGOS AND ISSUES TRACKING NUMBER TO TRACK YOUR GOODS JUST LIKE DHL. THEY CHARGE 12dollar per KG (including custom/clearance charges) FOR LAGOS RRESIDENCE

IF YOU RESIDE OUTSIDE LAGOS, YOU PAY $15 per KG (includin custom/clearance charges).

DELIVERY TIME IS 1WEEK AND THEY WILL ISSUE YOU TRACKING NUMBER.

NO. 4= SINGAPORE POST:
1KG=25USD
2KG=45USD
DELIVERY IN 10-15DAYS AND WILL ISSUE TRACKING NUMBER.

NO. 5= DHL

1KG=40USD
2KG=50USD
3KG=70USD
4KG=85USD
5KG=100USD
DELIVERY IN 3-5DAYS DAYS AND WILL ISSUE YOU TRACKING NUMBER.

ALL THESE SHIPPING COMPANIES' ADDRESSESS, THE NEWLY DISCOVERED KOREA MERCHANT/COMPANY WHERE I PURCHACE MY GOODS AT DIRTY CHEAP PRICES, WEBSITES WHERE YOU CAN SELL YOUR IMPORTED PRODUCTS ONLINE, PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD IMPORT AND MAKE 100% INTEREST, PRODUCTS THAT ARE FAST SELLINNG IN NIGERIA LIKE GALAXY PHONES FORM THIS KOREA COMPANY, etc. HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER FOR YOU.

DOWLOAD YOUR COPY HERE
http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

Email:afanide.nathaniel@gmail.com

If you are in Port-Harcourt, We can meet One-on-One.
Nathaniel.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by braine(m): 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
candidbabe:
GEJ till 2019
you are a fool.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by OLUJAY4REAL: 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Was it Tinubu or Buhari that forced INEC to postpone the elections? If PDP and GEJ had allowed the elections to hold, by now Nigerians would have adjusted and life would go on. But PDP only postponed the inevitable coz they will still lose. Like kwankwaso said, you can't bribe everybody. Rigging won't be allowed thus time thanks to PVCs which the same PDP is scared of.
Wake up from your dream. Buhari is not d answer to Nigeria problems.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by ABDamola(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
joeyekembele:

But with out situation today is our import not far greater than export? You gave basics reason in macro economics for the devaluation of currency. Our major export is rhe oil which the price has plummeted world wide. The Naira has to be devalues to stabilise the economy. This aims at discouraging import. Talking about the depletion in our foreign reserve, the value of money is the use of that money. Keeping a fight foreign reserve without any use does not benefit us. The government had to make use of the money to provide us basic things we need as a nation. Thank you.

Lolzzzzz!
U in Nigeria and u knw ds!
We r consumin country and most of d guds we import are essential 4 us!
And ds goods r perfectly inelastic....
Has our xports improved?
Av we discouraged imports?-No
Dy r still importin many goods and Nigerian government r nt discouragin anyfin
And I tink u shud also knw d effect of ds tins--- d importer won't feel ds pain bt rather it s d final consumer dt will suffer(like wat s apenin nw)
U hear all d sellers sayin 'dollar has risen'

Ao many times av we bin clamourin 4 diversifacatn of our economy nw?
Bt ds government and d past won't listen

Bt sir, had it bin dt we av enuf in our foreign reserves, we wud av taken out of it and injected into d economy 2 alleviate sufferin!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by OLUJAY4REAL: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
braine:
you are a fool.

You are the "emptiest"
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by stagger: 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
With the way the economy has been tanking lately, I am still disturbed as to how anyone in their right mind would still come out and shout GEJ till whenever with a straight face.

Sentiments aside, things just can't continue like this. We need Change.

Another APC fool. Who laid the foundation for Nigeria importing fuel? Was it not your master?
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by otiigba1(m): 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
So because naira fall bank staffs loses their job? As if its the bank staffs fault, this won't happen here in the UK undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Babalegba(m): 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
hardbody:

I am not pro GEJ but if we have to be dispassionate, is it GEJ's fault that the price of oil has plummeted and continued heading south for an indeterminate period? Answer this question frankly. I always bow to superior argument, trust me.
there is more to the Nigerian economic predicament than oil prices heading south. The economy has been woefully managed, inflation introduced when Gej raised pump price to 97 naira pauperized many and the situation will not be reversed even though oil price went down. Massive corruption has damaged the economy. Most Nigerian s are worse of than five years ago despite the high prices that oil commanded. He has not tackled the electric city problem decisively. Book haram introduced inflationary pressures into the mix as foodstuffs from the north is now twenty percent dearer because of security problems. The army of a corrupt nation NEVER fights effectively, history proved this, that is why book haram is able to humiliate Nigeria. If corruption does not kill nations then you can safely call God a liar. Now the question you should ask yourself is this, if Good luck managed Nigeria during an oil boom and the citizens are worse off economically then four more years will make their economic doom almost irredeemable. I lived abroad for over twenty five years so I know what true leadership is.Good luck does not have enough leadership skills to lead a compound. We are Not all leaders.. Only a gullible person or hater of Nigeria will support Jonathan for a second. We supported him before but not anymore because his leadership skills is negligible.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by adebisiolumide5(m): 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
This Is bad?? is this part of the employment Jonathan created rubbish

Change Is on its way

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by rusher14: 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
tukane:

Are you trying to say GEJ is the one causing the devaluation of Naira?

[b]I'll be frank with you, yes Jonathan is responsible.

If whilst the price of a barrel of oil was at the highest ever (and at a sustained height for that matter), he had handled the economy even close to those before him (OBJ), we would have had a much higher foreign reserve for moments like this.

This would have meant more funds to defend the Naira whilst tightening the budget ever so slightly.

It was inevitable that the price (of oil) was going to drop at some point.

I also, recollect when some people on Nairaland here were jubilant when America stopped buying our crude..dismissing them as terrible customers and that we would always find market for our oil.

I remember admonishing them, saying it would affect the price of oil ( and I no be economist sef).

Why is this crucial?, when you have a leader who knows his onions, a situation like that even if carried out by the American government against all oil producers would have required extensive diplomacy if only to extend the period of grace to his nation.

Nothing rankles more than a leader that is dull and a followership that is equally as laughable.

Yes, a government supports Its own currency with policies.

It doesn't take supernatural abilities, just being honest and proactive.

There is a consequence of not doing so,....which are the events which are unfolding before our very eyes.[/b]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by nijanigga: 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Can somebody please forward this to quisiling FFK?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Teenaira: 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
The truth is that with the increasing zeal with which technology is being applied in the banks, there will be some element of reduction in the work force even if there are no economic challenges. If you go to banks in the developed economies you will be surprised what sort of staff strength they have. Infact, when the cashless policy is at an advanced stage, please expect a significant reduction in banking staff strength even with a booming economy.

This is the reality associated with technology unfortunately !!!

Just try to visualize what happens to staff strength if the banks are advising that you collect any money below 100k from the ATM. Some ATMs can also collect deposit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by eaglechild: 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
Rhozabeth:

Bros nobody is blaming Jona for the falling price of oil what we are saying is that he has not done enuf in diversifying the economy and he has succeeded in squandering the reserve which of course would have been useful now that the country makes less money from oil! But sincerely it seems u do not know the extent of corruption of this administration! The rate at which they want to stop Buhari from contesting should be an eye opener for u!!
Your comment betrays an absolute lack of knowledge in macro economics..

GEJ's administration has taken the boldest step towards diversification than any other to the extent that our economy is less dependent on oil than it has ever been before.

Is it possible to completely diversify our economy to an extent that oil becomes a minor part of our income in just 4 years?
The answer is no. It is a gradual and continuous process.

All economies that are dependent on oil and gas are experiencing the same.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by yungest(m): 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
candidbabe:
GEJ till 2019
madam go find work do..GEJ till rubbish until naira bcums 572#=1$.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by joeyekembele: 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
ABDamola:

It s d country's mismanagement dt led us 2 ds!
Our foreign reserves depleted unda ds administratn!
And according 2ma knowledge of macro economics u devalue ur currency only wen d economy is in crumble or wen we av permanent deficit of balance of payment(wen d imports are greater dan d xports )
Durin ds period, creditors gain while lenders suffer greatly!
But with out situation today is our import not far greater than export? You gave basics reason in macro economics for the devaluation of currency. Our major export is rhe oil which the price has plummeted world wide. The Naira has to be devalued to stabilise the economy. This aims at discouraging import. Talking about the depletion in our foreign reserve, the value of money is the use of that money. Keeping a fight foreign reserve without any use does not benefit us. The government had to make use of the money to provide us basic things we need as a nation. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by ephi123(f): 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
This is what happens when a leader does not have a vision, a leader that is stumbling about and being misdirected by all the cronies around him whilst the regular man on the street is bearing the brunt of decisions that should have been made cry As if unemployment is not bad enough, we really really need a change from this current administration, it just can't be any worse nau, haba

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by ephi123(f): 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
eaglechild:

GEJ's administration has taken the boldest step towards diversification than any other to the extent that our economy is less dependent on oil than it has ever been before.

Is it possible to completely diversify our economy to an extent that oil becomes a minor part of our income in just 4 years?

I think I am lost here, what is the boldest step please?!

Also, that second statement is WRONG. Saudi Arabia refused to reduce supply and were ready for crude price to go down to $40 because they had built up a sufficient buffer when prices were high, so their citizens are definitely not experiencing the hardship Nigerians are facing right now.

Imagine, £ from 250 to almost £350 in less than 2 years. What ever happened to putting the right policies and structures in place?!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by utytill(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
oil price d fall,u com d blame gej.ok
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
the only way out is to vote out the clueless man out .The man that will salvage the economy should be ushered in. up GMB/PYO

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Joshuadon: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
chiefinalowo:
Not only the Banks, many companies are laying off staff now. My company dropped 24 employees just yesterday.

WTF ................no jobs-laying off
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by acidtalk: 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
And yet they keep saying acidtalk is a fake prophet.

Check through my posts, I told you all since january

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by whitecat2: 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yes, it's jonathan's fault for emptying the reserve that would have defended the Naira, and looting the surplus that could have been cushion Obasanjo left.
hardbody:

I am not pro GEJ but if we have to be dispassionate, is it GEJ's fault that the price of oil has plummeted and continued heading south for an indeterminate period? Answer this question frankly. I always bow to superior argument, trust me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
the only way out is to vote out the clueless man out .The man that will salvage the economy should be ushered in. up GMB/PYO. We shall smile again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by dont8(m): 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
candidbabe:
GEJ till 2019
Candidly, if you were my babe I would have dump your asss long time ago with this your comment undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by ABDamola(m): 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
eaglechild:

had it bin we had bin usin $60 as our benchmark price wen oil price was at its highest($110) we wud nt av bin xperiencin ds kind wahala

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by HighQue007: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
I am still yet to be convinced those people chanting GEJ till whatever are truely Nigerians or probably they live outside Nigeria.

Now everything is against Nigeria.

I cant just imagine this man in office for another 4years.

We pray for a better Nigeria but God wont descend from heaven to help us or rule us, we can change things ourselves. Dont let dem distract us with religion, race and all that..This man is fraustrating abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by whitecat2: 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Haha!

God works in mysterious ways oo! May they be the first to hit the door!
ollyruffy:
More reasons to vote the clueless out of office.

I am sure some of those that will be affected would have been supporting the JonaThief re-election bid out of religion or tribal sentiments. May be after being jobless they will have sense.

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by hardbody: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
Babalegba:
there is more to the Nigerian economic predicament than oil prices heading south. The economy has been woefully managed, inflation introduced when Gej raised pump price to 97 naira pauperized many and the situation will not be reversed even though oil price went down. Massive corruption has damaged the economy. Most Nigerian s are worse of than five years ago despite the high prices that oil commanded. He has not tackled the electric city problem decisively. Book haram introduced inflationary pressures into the mix as foodstuffs from the north is now twenty percent dearer because of security problems. The army of a corrupt nation NEVER fights effectively, history proved this, that is why book haram is able to humiliate Nigeria. If corruption does not kill nations then you can safely call God a liar. Now the question you should ask yourself is this, if Good luck managed Nigeria during an oil boom and the citizens are worse off economically then four more years will make their economic doom almost irredeemable. I lived abroad for over twenty five years so I know what true leadership is.Good luck does not have enough leadership skills to lead a compound. We are Not all leaders.. Only a gullible person or hater of Nigeria will support Jonathan for a second. We supported him before but not anymore because his leadership skills is negligible.

There is wisdom in your post. I never felt strongly about hjs leadership qualities but i have also struggled to leave all the blames on his table even if the buck stops there. I guess it is justly called perception.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Loluarmani(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
someday and 4sure; that day will come... all d looters and hypocrite ruining Our beloved country will face the maximum Penalty!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by StunnazJay(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
The purging of the abscess and pus in the Nigerian economy has begun. Now is the time for honesty and true transparency. And a total clamp down on corruption and malfeasance in the polity.

We can weather the storm. Honestly, President Goodluck Jonathan has tried. Compared with former President Olusegun Obasanjo and other former Heads of states, Jonathan is a saint. And he has done more than they ever did in infrastructural development and local business support.

The presidents only noticeable flaw for me is his stance on corruption and the various economic faux pas his economic team has committed.

I took a cursory look at Mr. President in 2011 and I felt he wasn't going to deliver and he did not disappoint me.

Buhari is our next bet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by mayorkyzo: 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
A real economist would know that before an economy gets better it would first look bad...this is d storm before the calm..in a year's time d economy would be awesome..mark my words...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by hardbody: 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
whitecat2:
Yes, it's jonathan's fault for emptying the reserve that would have defended the Naira, and looting the surplus that could have been cushion Obasanjo left.

Ok Sir. I respect your views even if i don't agree with you, which incidentally is not the case here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Nigeria Professions That Never Escape Law Of Karma / Nigerian Air Force DSSC 25/26 Aspirants 2015 / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.