Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! (33459 Views)

Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning / OANDO Staff Appeal For Support And Urgent Intervention In The Mass Sacking / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 28, 2015
Tinyemeka:

Our dollar supply is tied by a very large proportion to proceeds if crude oil sales, which prices fell by half for more than 6 months now.

The shortened dollar supply has made it scarce hence the continued rise against the Naira.

Please what has GEJ got to do with Int'l crude oil prices?

It's unfortunate that pro-Buhari or anti-Jonathan comments immediately gather so much likes no matter how incorrect and misleading they sound, just so long as it denigrates the president in favour of Buhari.

Goes a long way to show the quality of composition of the government opposition.

We should be careful of what we wish for.
That is an indication that GEJ has lost d election already. Oya, memory card must be used for election (I know GEJ and his supporters are afraid of hearing that). Na play I dey play o, we will use an empty card reader;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by bigazu(m): 2:23am On Feb 28, 2015
ABDamola:

It s d country's mismanagement dt led us 2 ds!
Our foreign reserves depleted unda ds administratn!
And according 2ma knowledge of macro economics u devalue ur currency only wen d economy is in crumble or wen we av permanent deficit of balance of payment(wen d imports are greater dan d xports )
Durin ds period, creditors gain while lenders suffer greatly!

Very ignorant apc rats will just be saying rubbish. Russia, venezuela and other major oil exporting countries are all experiencing economic meltdown, its not a nigerian problem alone. Major oil companies in the US have also laid off lots of their workers, so this has nothing to do with jonathan. Even saudi with 700billion dollars in reserve has to be careful with their spendings.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by jemype(m): 4:04am On Feb 28, 2015
It is not his fault that the price of oil has plumeted but to be frank i'd say he placed much emphasis on oil.Agriculture to me has to be the only sector with avery productive mnister but lets imagine if Sure-P money was pumped in there rather than it being invested in his campaign. Im just saying Nigeria should have gone past the stage of being dependent on oil.
hardbody:

I am not pro GEJ but if we have to be dispassionate, is it GEJ's fault that the price of oil has plummeted and continued heading south for an indeterminate period? Answer this question frankly. I always bow to superior argument, trust me.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by jomoh: 4:13am On Feb 28, 2015
4Play:

My friend stop spewing these fatuous untruths. I would be the first to state that GEJ is an inept buffoon but claiming that "he refused to save" is a lie too far. Inspite of his ineptitude, economic and agricultural policies are 2 areas where I give him some credit, or rather NOI and Adesina.

Please see the article I posted earlier - when you say he "refused" to save, refused whose requests for savings? Is it the opposition who were playing to popular opinion by demanding that we stopped saving or the Nigerian public who believe that oil is manna from heaven that must be spent immediately on wage increases and subsidy?

Just exactly like your paymaster the ever clueless ebele jonathan, you've been able to show that you too is as clueless as he is.

Please tell me what has the so called "economic strides" and "agriculture" done to defend the Naira?

Economics of a nation is about balancing everything not going to the extreme on one side and neglecting the other.

We are talking about your failure to save that has affected your family's(country's) economy you're talking about how you've been able to establish more businesses and send your children to private schools. If you're not careful the situation will force you to close down the biz and withdraw your kids from schools totally taking you back to square one.

So because your wife or your enemy (whichever) is claiming to you that saving for "rainy dayz" is unnecessary means you should now follow their advice. Then it shows you're very incompetent to lead. So it is now the fault of the opposition that he did not save for the dry season.

Mr man just examine the rubbish you just posted. Does it portray you as a responsible man that can be given a leadership role? Yet you still have the gut to come up here and give that as an excuse.

If such happens in your family, will you tell your wife and children that its your enemy that pestered you not to save. A man, a real man, a responsible man, who knows what he's doing will be able to stand by and defend whatever decision he's made and not make excuses like you're doing. Let Jonathan defend his decision not to save and stop making baseless excuses for him.

With this you're a disgrace to "men" all over the world.

SMH for you life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by braine(m): 5:23am On Feb 28, 2015
whitecat2:
Just go back and see that you took a swipe at me first, so don't even try to lie.
I see men like as bully, but I don't sweat it, I stand my ground always.

I bet you either have no dickk, it's not working properly or you have hard time getting laid cos it's pinky size. Frustration is written all over you. You are a pennnis biatcIhh and I have a treatment plan for you. Btw, I still got me a nookie last night.

Well, you can say whatever you like about my manliness; you can only talk.

Meanwhile, today is a new day and I've made a resolution not to argue with any gal today. So, I'll pardon you today, until I see u again. You are really troublesome.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Cul4real(m): 5:27am On Feb 28, 2015
CBN announced closure of foreign windows? Please meaning of “foreign windows“?
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 28, 2015
chiefinalowo:
Not only the Banks, many companies are laying off staff now. My company dropped 24 employees just yesterday.
hmmm,a woopin 24,where d heck r dey gonna start from now
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by whitecat2: 6:31am On Feb 28, 2015
Good for you for finally getting it together! Just mind your business next time.
braine:

Well, you can say whatever you like about my manliness; you can only talk.

Meanwhile, today is a new day and I've made a resolution not to argue with any gal today. So, I'll pardon you today, until I see u again. You are really troublesome.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Billygee2u: 7:03am On Feb 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
With the way the economy has been tanking lately, I am still disturbed as to how anyone in their right mind would still come out and shout GEJ till whenever with a straight face.

Sentiments aside, things just can't continue like this. We need Change.
is GEJ ,responsible for oil and Naira fall ?
dear,be true to yourself .
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by AIZubair(m): 7:08am On Feb 28, 2015
stevecantrell:
]

Its tough but we will conquer this madness. If Nigeria beat ebola we will also cure people like the one below.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by porka: 7:24am On Feb 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

I am prepared to give Buhari a chance. With 5 years of GEJ at the helm, it is evident to all what the economy and security situation has been reduced to. I shudder to imagine what a NIGHTMARE the next 4 years will be like under this same gov't, at this rate. That is the truth.

Don't dabble into what you don't know.

Economic performance is Jonathan's strength.

Except you want him to be giving you N5,000 like Buhari promised you.

Buhari was terrible on the economy and human rights the last time.

It's better to concentrate on your known areas - corruption and insecurity in the North East.

With the military recent successes in the North East however, you are only left with just one campaign theme.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Smooyis(m): 7:27am On Feb 28, 2015
I also noticed that the ATM's are now disappointing in most banks. Real uncertainties in the months ahead. Everyone should be on the alert.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Wristler: 7:31am On Feb 28, 2015
I'm not too zealous about the domino effects of GEJs maladministration on the economy and lives of the citizenry. The thing is even the common man saw this coming but GeJ, just like Nero was dancing abt in Kano, as the nation burns( pun intended). For goodness sake, I wonder how Nigeria got into this mess at the first place.

But anyways...I've made up my mind, just like any other intelligent and well meaning Nigerian,

- To vote

- Not just to vote but to vote for change

- Not just any change, but the progressive change

- I'm voting for change not just because of GEJs/ PDPs failure over the past decade but because its the sanest option I have.

- If I cant vote change cos of Tinubu or Buhari....My pple, I will, because of Osinbajo and Fashola.

- I need to vote change...I deserve better than what GeJ offered and has(not) to offer

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 28, 2015
Gej has killed d naira.

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by porka: 7:38am On Feb 28, 2015
jomoh:

Just exactly like your paymaster the ever clueless ebele jonathan, you've been able to show that you too is as clueless as he is.

Please tell me what has the so called "economic strides" and "agriculture" done to defend the Naira?

Economics of a nation is about balancing everything not going to the extreme on one side and neglecting the other.

We are talking about your failure to save that has affected your family's(country's) economy you're talking about how you've been able to establish more businesses and send your children to private schools. If you're not careful the situation will force you to close down the biz and withdraw your kids from schools totally taking you back to square one.

So because your wife or your enemy (whichever) is claiming to you that saving for "rainy dayz" is unnecessary means you should now follow their advice. Then it shows you're very incompetent to lead. So it is now the fault of the opposition that he did not save for the dry season.

Mr man just examine the rubbish you just posted. Does it portray you as a responsible man that can be given a leadership role? Yet you still have the gut to come up here and give that as an excuse.

If such happens in your family, will you tell your wife and children that its your enemy that pestered you not to save. A man, a real man, a responsible man, who knows what he's doing will be able to stand by and defend whatever decision he's made and not make excuses like you're doing. Let Jonathan defend his decision not to save and stop making baseless excuses for him.

With this you're a disgrace to "men" all over the world.

SMH for you life.

1) Not all Nigerian business depend on foreign imports. Companies engaged in EXPORT will not share in your current bitterness, many companies will adjust their operations normally too.

2) The 36 state governors said that the ECA is illegal and unconstitutional.

They said the constitutional provision must be obeyed to the letter - all revenue must be shared among the 3 tiers of government.

Therefore savings in the ECA is unconstitutional according to the governors.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by balladin: 7:42am On Feb 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
With the way the economy has been tanking lately, I am still disturbed as to how anyone in their right mind would still come out and shout GEJ till whenever with a straight face.

you need to get your head checked. How is it GEJ's fault?
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by tonjeola(m): 7:44am On Feb 28, 2015
That is why we need a Plan B!
The world is facing many challenges and one of them is financial. The job security mentality is epidemic, creating people who expect their countries, employers or families to take care of them. According to Mr. Robert Kiyosaki and Mr. Donald Trump, you can not solve money problems with money. You can only solve money problems with financial education. "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish,and you feed him for a life time" We introduced "Four Corners Alliance Group" a financial education system designed to enrich your bank account, and at the same time increase your financial IQ. We want you to be rich, together we can be part of the world solution.

www.winwithdeston.com
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by kabuski(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2015
hardbody:

I am not pro GEJ but if we have to be dispassionate, is it GEJ's fault that the price of oil has plummeted and continued heading south for an indeterminate period? Answer this question frankly. I always bow to superior argument, trust me.
yes it's he's fault that our economy is in shambles......that we can't boast of money in our reserves......that there is unstoppable large scale corruption in all spheres off governance, without checks.......that insurgency could not be nipped in the bud,leading to overspending. these and many more takes a toll on poor economy being experienced
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by kolaaderin: 8:05am On Feb 28, 2015
temitemi1:
Yepaa!!

Now temitemi is about to have his unfavourable share of the disaster he has been supporting. Just may be been out of his paid job will reset and format his brain from that virus of shouting GEJ till whatever.

Those affected by the same virus, we pray for quick recovery. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by marv1: 8:25am On Feb 28, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Within 6 months from 158 to 215naira. The value has been falling. This has never happened in nigeria this bad. Yet some nigerians can not think and reason because of sentiment and tribalism. This will definately make some people to loose their jobs. Such people will never see reason to vote for GEJ. Corruption is part of what has taken us to where we are now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by kakashi12(m): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2015
marv1:
Within 6 months from 158 to 215naira. The value has been falling. This has never happened in nigeria this bad. Yet some nigerians can not think and reason because of sentiment and tribalism. This will definately make some people to loose their jobs. Such people will never see reason to vote for GEJ. Corruption is part of what has taken us to where we are now.
Bros even the currencies of russia and iran are falling... Pls don't blame Jonathan for what he did not do...http://www.businessinsider.com/russias-economic-collapse-2015-1
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by shuaibu66(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2015
i pity Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by shuaibu66(m): 9:35am On Feb 28, 2015
You dont pray fr Naira to go down, u wrk towrds it. govt needs to sit up.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by candidbabe(f): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2015
dont8:
Candidly, if you were my babe I would have dump your asss long time ago with this your comment undecided
grin
dont8:
Candidly, if you were my babe I would have dump your asss long time ago with this your comment undecided
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by candidbabe(f): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
braine:
you are a fool.
tongue
braine:
you are a fool.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by dombenis(m): 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
temitemi1:
Yepaa!!
...... why Nigeria .... why Nigeria .....?? Mr president why re you. please can you see what is happening to our currency. so you dont want to do something.before naira ill turn to useless currency in the world.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
INSTEAD OF MASS SACKING WHY NOT PAY CUT THAT IS ONE WAY OUT
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by dont8(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Kulikulitapa: 1:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
chiefinalowo:
Not only the Banks, many companies are laying off staff now. My company dropped 24 employees just yesterday.

40 were laid off in my office few days ago. Its really an hard time especially for private sector.
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by rago(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
benosky:
Mayb dis will make some folks tink twice b4 shoutin GEJ TILL...... When their bro or sis is being sacked. The truth is,.. u dnt kno how terrible dis goverment is until u re directly affected by der failure. Am sure most of dis kids dat shout GEJ till.... Still feed from their parent pot, so they cant feel d hardship. Lets hope dat sacking of either their broda,sister,father or mother will help to re-awaken their dead brain nd they can STOP shoutin GEJ till 2099. Fool.s.

i like ds gentleman

serious frank talk
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by clevadani: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
hardbody:

Was Obj d cause of global,recession? Why didnt it affect us?
And dnt forget,d revenue earned during jonathan's 4year tenure is,more than the revenue in obj's 8 years
Re: Nigerian Banks To Start Mass Sacking Due To Naira Fall!! by Adesiji77: 11:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
maimota:
Ecobank Nigeria is sacking already, no thanks to @GEJ's bad governance.

Ecobank? When?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Celebrates 40th Birthday With Cute Photos / Nigerian Air Force DSSC 25/26 Aspirants 2015 / Oyo-Ita To Civil Servants: Develop Computer Skills Or Forfeit Promotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.