Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? (1091 Views)

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
Are married people permitted to Divorce in marriages, bearing in Mind that they both said for better or for worse and for richer or poorer? Wat's Ur say?

Nowadays marriages can last for only a day and the next day, One of the pair will declare he/she want out mostly for reconciliable reasons(as against what the vow actually stands for),marriages even end sometimes because the wife did not serve the meal hot, the guy is not good in bed(but may not actually mean the man is impotent and have given birth to children), the wife snoars when sleeping, the wife is becoming too fat for my liking(when she has giving birth to 4 kids for you),and the list goes on in the era we are now. Married people hardly want to fight for their marriage.

What's the essence of the marriage vows? Are married people suppose to divorce even after their vows and on what condition/s?

I suggest that if there will be room for divorce,then the marriage vow should no longer be used
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by yinkus4u2c(f): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

Is that your contribution? Looks more like na who i go ask
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by yinkus4u2c(f): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Medley:

Is that your contribution? Looks more like na who i go ask

and what if?
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
the vow may have lost it true essence but some of us still value it......
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Dyt(f): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
Picks face
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

and what if?

No one will be injured,cos i can see both of ur hands around ur waist. No be fight
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

and what if?
...smh..fine lady like u dey keep space for FP...too bad
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
kallmemrB:

I don't think thats the case here,or is there an award for 'first to comment',you know some people now make unknown awards and are won by them.

Lets face the discourse, Divorce is becoming incessant in our society this is Africa for real
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by yinkus4u2c(f): 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
kallmemrB:

ds cant make FP jor
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by yinkus4u2c(f): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
Medley:

I don't think thats the case here,or is there an award for 'first to comment',you know some people now make unknown awards and are won by them.

Lets face the discourse, Divorce is becoming incessant in our society this is Africa for real

lmfao....keep trying bro,u almost dere

fp z near undecided
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by thorpido(m): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
Divorce rate is increasing no doubt due to some of the reasons you stated and more.
Marriage ought to last a lifetime but there are reasons why divorce may be the way out.Domestic violence can lead to 'death do part'.

Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by adanduka: 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Pastors & Couples should probably leave out the vow because it is better not to vow than to vow and not fulfil it.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 11:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
adanduka:
Pastors & Couples should probably leave out the vow because it is better not to vow than to vow and not fulfil it.

matter of factly,the vow has become a Joke,was the need when the spouse don't want to fight or believe that they can make head way even in the midst of cobwebs of challenges.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
yinkus4u2c:

ds cant make FP jor

stop trying to derail the thread,its not about the thread making front page. If i wanted to create a thread that is 100% sure front page material,I know what i will do.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Mintayo(m): 12:07am On Feb 28, 2015
That's is why It's always good to look and also pray before saying I do!
I believe marriage is meant to be a forever thing, sticking with someone till death says otherwise!
Divorce is not always the solution to all marital issues!
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2015
Mintayo:
That's is why It's always good to look and also pray before saying I do!
I believe marriage is meant to be a forever thing, sticking with someone till death says otherwise!
Divorce is not always the solution to all marital issues!

when the marriage was ignited by lust and not love,they can never fight for the survival of their marriage.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 28, 2015
Divorce rate is high because many people marry for the wrong reasons, ranging from Physical look, money to travelling abroad et al

If people married their best friends/lovers, divorce rate will be at the lowest minimum.
Nevertheless, there are still many healthy and happy marriages out there which I believe are even more than divorced/separated homes, just that the bad is always more pronounced. ...
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 7:12am On Feb 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Divorce rate is high because many people marry for the wrong reasons, ranging from Physical look, money to travelling abroad et al

If people married their best friends/lovers, divorce rate will be at the lowest minimum.
Nevertheless, there are still many healthy and happy marriages out there which I believe are even more than divorced/separated homes, just that the bad is always more pronounced. ...

what i suggest is that, since this generation believe that they have the right to break vows in this age and go for divorce at will,then the marriage vow should be stopped. Just take a look at Nigerian celeb.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 28, 2015
Medley:

what i suggest is that, since this generation believe that they have the right to break vows in this age and go for divorce at will,then the marriage vow should be stopped. Just take a look at Nigerian celeb.
So because some people have chosen not to honour the vow, it should be stopped? ? For me, I'm so taking my vow seriously. . Nigerian Celebrities have never and will never be a standard..
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2015
There should be a way out na.

Na marriage dem call am,no be death sentence na.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2015
Yomieluv:
There should be a way out na.

Na marriage dem call am,no be death sentence na.

If people know that they can at anytime say they want out,then the marriage vow should be optional, depending on if the couples are ready to fight for the survival of their marriage
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by shegxi(m): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2015
Marriage vows as to many other things dis days are just to "fulfill all righteouness jare. I feel d ambigous and overly expensive ceremonies are waste sef. Better people shld stat writing dere own vows demselves and insert necessary clause as it applies to dem.

Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by shegxi(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2015
Medley, i feel u jare but u knw as it is with people, u are nt allowed to question what they have bn taught and held to be right/truth irrespective of whether u can actually show/prove to them dat it(watever they believe ) is not necessary and just rhetoric. We rili need to stat thinking for ourselves.
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by Medley(m): 11:45am On Feb 28, 2015
The vow thing is just like building a house on a non-existing foundation,that's my understanding of marriages,nowadays!
Re: The Wedding Vow: What's The Essence When People Can Divorce Their Marriage? by yetseyi(f): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
Medley:

when the marriage was ignited by lust and not love,they can never fight for the survival of their marriage.

You have a point.

I also believe marriage should be for ever.

Should She Marry Him? / Should This Be Allowed In Marriages? / Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage?