Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,993 members, 7,814,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

“AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” (377 Views)

Obiano Blasts Okorocha, Calls Him A Rabble Rouser / AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” by goodgovernancei: 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
The Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of zone II Onikan Lagos which comprises Lagos and Ogun States AIG Mbu Joseph Mbu has been told to ignore all the distractions and persistent criticism by Politicians ahead of the forth coming general elections and security issues and concentrated on his job. This call became necessary following allegation making the rounds that the senior Police officer has given his officers and men a matching order to kill 20 persons should a Policeman be shot at by political thugs in the line of duty during the forthcoming elections. A Lagos based group operating under the aegis of Good Governance Initiative GGI in a statement said those peddling the uncharitable rumour against the respected Police boss are nothing less than rabble rousers; stressing that the group was present at the interaction which held in Ogun state where AIG Mbu met with his men and officers. Director-General of the association, Mr. Buchi Oparaugo who played the footage of the meeting before newsmen in Lagos yesterday likened the senior Police officer to the proverbial dog which has to be given a bad name in order to hang it. He quoted the AIG as saying, “I am here to make sure that everywhere is calm and to work within the ambit of law and order to make sure everything goes peacefully. This is my first official visit and I am here on Police posting and to contribute my quota to the peaceful conduct of the elections. Our action as security officers will go a long way to determining the outcome of the elections. We must not be partial. As far as the law is concerned, we are not going to respect anybody; whoever you are when you cone to the polling booth you vote and leave because we are not going to allow anybody campaign during the elections even if he is the CEO of the state. If it is a Police Constable that is around at the polling booth, he will stop the person. Anybody that is found with arms and ammunition will be arrested and anyone that they cannot arrest, we will collect his arms by force. And during the elections, no politician or their followers should shoot at any of my Policemen; if they shoot at my Policemen, they should shoot back in self defense. See Video for your perusal www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sIQbW5y950
Re: “AIG Mbu’s Critics Rabble Rousers” by olu77(m): 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mbu should be transfered to Bauchi. His talent is wasting in Lagos. I am sure he could have single handedly disarmed that trigger-happy corporal unlike the unlucky Chris Eza or better still his men could have killed 20 orher corporal in revenge.

(1) (Reply)

The -/+ Effect Of GMB / Happy Birthday To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / How To Stop Snoring: Causes And Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.