Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,838 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? (3596 Views)

6 Effective Ways To Read And Remember Everything / See The Sound Advice A Student Posted Last Night To Freshers. / Please Advice!!! How Do I Stay Focus. I Cant Concentrate On My Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 28, 2015
Morning Nairaland family!..this question goes to all the night Jackophytes in the building..please how do I use coffee to stay up all night..waking up to read at night is the difficult and staying up that same night is the most difficult..the highest I could do is 1 hour when most of my mates can go all-night..I have lectures from 8am to about 4pm and sometimes practicals could take till 6pm..so there's no time during the day..I really need your help on this guys..haven't covered much at all..and how do I go about reading courses like physics and chemistry...I understand my word-related courses better than calculative courses really need help..its weighing me down!..and I'm in 100lvl..thanks!
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2015
Reading "all" night can be detrimental to your health as well as being addicted to coffee.

You can simply get 3 to 4 hours at night by deeping your feet into a bucket of water all through the reading hours as an alternative to caffeine intake.
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by henryvirus(m): 7:58am On Feb 28, 2015
It is not easy, you being a science oriented student. This is what i do that helps. After the day's work i sleep till around 9pm, then i get to school, play a bit with those who came to charge, watch movies etc.(so the urge to sleep will be gone). Then around 10 i go to the class i want to use and start my reading. With that, i can read till 4, sometimes 3. But i have 15-20 mins break when i feel drowsy. I stretch my legs...take a walk n come back. I hope that helps. But i read in school cuz it is difficult for me to be focused in my room reading.
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 28, 2015
henryvirus:
It is not easy, you being a science oriented student. This is what i do that helps. After the day's work i sleep till around 9pm, then i get to school, play a bit with those who came to charge, watch movies etc.(so the urge to sleep will be gone). Then around 10 i go to the class i want to use and start my reading. With that, i can read till 4, sometimes 3. But i have 15-20 mins break when i feel drowsy. I stretch my legs...take a walk n come back. I hope that helps. But i read in school cuz it is difficult for me to be focused in my room reading.
wow..thanks a lot..I've tried sleeping immediately I come back from school..let's say from 7pm to 10pm or 11pm..and it worked for me for a while..just that after 1 hour I became kinda less interested in the book..I think I'll stick to that routine cause its a lot better than having to sleep at 10pm and wake up by 3am..all I need to do now is extend my reading hours..music doesn't work for me except am copying notes,reading with people doesn't work for me either and am a lot more comfortable reading in my room than in school..its easier for me..thanks a lot I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 28, 2015
Wadraj:
Reading "all" night can be detrimental to your health as well as being addicted to coffee.

You can simply get 3 to 4 hours at night by deeping your feet into a bucket of water all through the reading hours as an alternative to caffeine intake.
thanks..I'll try that tonight.
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by marylandcakes: 8:26am On Feb 28, 2015
@ OP like Henry virus has said when you get back from lectures you take your dinner and sleep till about 9 or 10 pm. The secret to staying up all night is that you will need to be refreshed. It is only when the brain has rested that it can assimilate more stuff. When you get up about 9 to 10. Take a shower or wash your face. When I was a student I used to read in my room most of the time. I had my desk and chair far away from my bed, but if being in the room is too distracting find a quite classroom where non of your friends go. (Friends can be distracting). Switch off your phone. Take a small flask of coffee and a snack and you should be able to study through out the night. Take short breaks , short walks and get loads fresh air.
As a science student the best way to tackle physics and chemistry is to practice on a lot of past question papers. That way you get used to the style of questions and the stages of the answers. Group study also helps.
I hope this helps and I wish you good luck with your exams.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Ellababy808(f): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2015
Buy some coasta biscuites n grandnuts to kep u company y u read at night. Get a free manual 4 stubborn chest pains and infections http://www.doublegandm.com/download.html
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by bisi16(m): 9:20am On Feb 28, 2015
Back then, I used kparaga, as in washing and setting. Little sips every 30mins, It was d only thng dat cld keep me up for 2 to 3hrs every 9te coz of d bitter taste. I remember I always read wit aggression and always talked to myself like I was lecturing some peeps. It worked 4 me.

Am not sayn u shld do wat I did o! smiley
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by shota(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2015
PrincesAsinya:
Morning Nairaland family!..this question goes to all the night Jackophytes in the building..please how do I use coffee to stay up all night..waking up to read at night is the difficult and staying up that same night is the most difficult..the highest I could do is 1 hour when most of my mates can go all-night..I have lectures from 8am to about 4pm and sometimes practicals could take till 6pm..so there's no time during the day..I really need your help on this guys..haven't covered much at all..and how do I go about reading courses like physics and chemistry...I understand my word-related courses better than calculative courses really need help..its weighing me down!..and I'm in 100lvl..thanks!

Sounds like some high school game... to Murder night was what we called it when we were in high school. You simply train your self and your body would get used to it. It happens like magic . Have some sleep in the afternoon everyday and eat well too. Take shower by 8.00pm and the night would be yours to stay awake for any activity. But honestly, you do not need to force your self to stay awake to be a standard EFICO. Just make sure you read every time you are awake.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 28, 2015
Awww..thank you all so much I'll definitely adhere to all what you've said!
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by shota(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
PrincesAsinya:
Awww..thank you all so much I'll definitely adhere to all what you've said!

You punk. You are trying to make a Rivers name ASINYA an EFIK or IBIBIO name . Stop am .
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
shota:

You punk. You are trying to make a Rivers name ASINYA an EFIK or IBIBIO name . Stop am .
..lol..I remember telling u its a Cross-Riverian name..its not my fault your so daft that you don't know that Cross River isn't made up of the Efiks alone!..you punk..make enquiries before you talk!!!
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by PatEinstEin(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hmm, almost same with me; though I can wake at night by maybe setting alarm, but I don't read upto 30 mins and I'm off, so most times I don't bother - except during exams cos my system is at alert, I must read b4 each paper.
Well during normal lecture days, what I do is dat I plan well, maximise the use of breaks to read, and oh yes, weekends! You don't have lectures on Sundays I guess embarassed also the free days b4 exams; and 'illegal free days' - like during strike grin may knock u off balance though, u won't be able to read as u would during school days.
Hope it helps
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2015
PatEinstEin:
Hmm, almost same with me; though I can wake at night by maybe setting alarm, but I don't read upto 30 mins and I'm off, so most times I don't bother - except during exams cos my system is at alert, I must read b4 each paper.
Well during normal lecture days, what I do is dat I plan well, maximise the use of breaks to read, and oh yes, weekends! You don't have lectures on Sundays I guess embarassed also the free days b4 exams; and 'illegal free days' - like during strike grin make knock u off balance though, u won't be able to read as u would during school days.
Hope it helps
yea..it helps..thanks a lot
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by PatEinstEin(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
PrincesAsinya:
yea..it helps..thanks a lot
U wlc
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by dolapo74: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Bad
staying up all night is a bad habit for a student. it is hard work and not smart work.
it shows the student don't read from day one of resumption. laziness I guess
my opinion sha
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by shota(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
PrincesAsinya:
..lol..I remember telling u its a Cross-Riverian name..its not my fault your so daft that you don't know that Cross River isn't made up of the Efiks alone!..you punk..make enquiries before you talk!!!

LOL There are no Ijaws in Cross River and ASINYA is an Ijaw name. I caught you. I don't need to inquire for anything cos my own Niece is also an ASINYA and we are Ijaws from Rivers and not Cross River..
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
shota:

LOL There are no Ijaws in Cross River and ASINYA is an Ijaw name. I caught you. I don't need to inquire for anything cos my own Niece is also an ASINYA and we are Ijaws from Rivers and not Cross River..
young man,do me a favor..go to Cross River..Ikom LGA to be precise..and do a research..I can't believe your bothered about just a name..I mean..what will I benefit from lieing about a name?..I won't discuss this with you anymore..I have time for more important things
Re: How Do I Stay Up All Night To Read? by shota(m): 3:30am On Apr 07, 2015
PrincesAsinya:
young man,do me a favor..go to Cross River..Ikom LGA to be precise..and do a research..I can't believe your bothered about just a name..I mean..what will I benefit from lieing about a name?..I won't discuss this with you anymore..I have time for more important things

Interesting. I ll have to make that research cos I ve heard before that some Kalabari Ijaw remnants are still in the Cross River area after when they abandoned the present day CALABAR which was the spelling of KALABARI by the Portuguese.

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Feel Like Committing Suicide. / Katsina Needs 13,000 Teachers To Bridge Educational Gap, Says Masari / Is It Possible To Combine Art Result With Science Result Waec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.