Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (140352 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
Gtb maybe noticed the mass migration... Lol grin

I don't trust them angry

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Jeffy1206:
from the statement they sent . I edited it in the pic I posted earlier on.

Okay, that makes sense. i will have to wait for that too then. I asked them to send it, and they said that they would. I think they reply emails in batches. On several occasions i have received replies on different issues from cardserviceswa and customercare at the same time. The guy that called me this morning said he was gonna send my statement to me. Still waiting. It doesn't show on the internet banking transaction list. Imagine. SMH. Then wats the point of Internet banking if you can't view ur full statement? Even the original adding of beneficiary didn't work for me. Lol na the scam own dey work.

dragnet:
meaning I don't know how to do the calculation? undecided
Why are u now feeling so insecure about this small thing? When values seems alot diff, i usually ask people to post dollar and alert values just to be sure, for clarification as you told @Mizzzbeee. Ask anybody, i do it all the time. Anyways sha thank you for your info. Sorry o sha!
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by EUGENE4GOO(m): 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Stanley08:

Cool. Hope u don't have too many problems like me. My Internet banking is ready. Used it, but can't find the PayPal charges. I've actually requested twice.
I opened it yesterday and got my account no. Then I proceed to register internet banking using their online site and it was successful. It is now working. I am still waiting for my card, may be next week, I get it.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
EUGENE4GOO:

I opened it yesterday and got my account no. Then I proceed register internet banking online, which is working now. I still waiting for my card may be next week

Ah! Yesterday, and today ur internet banking is working. Omo, na Stanbic CEO open ur account for u? Mine took soo long. Anyways it's working now.

@jeffy1206, stanbic called me and told me the PayPal code, now my card is confirmed on PayPal. Lol. Those guys are funny, instead of send alert you are calling and sending statements to people just to confirm PayPal code. They have resources oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
PayPal charged my card twice as i requested for the code twice. Anyways, the photo below confirms that Stanbic charges 199.5 per dollar.

389.03 / 1.95 = 199.5

Updating in first post. wink

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
AliExpress transaction today 3:45am $29.36 was charged 6134.23 on zenith bank mastercard
6134.23/29.36 =208.93 per $1...... So angry at zenith rite now angry I hope dey refund me later like sinebaba ..... This was after I took a trip to the bank to ask their customer care the rate of dollars to naira using master card and d lady told me 199 angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
Stanley08:

Ah! Yesterday, and today ur internet banking is working. Omo, na Stanbic CEO open ur account for u? Mine took soo long. Anyways it's working now.

@jeffy1206, stanbic called me and told me the PayPal code, now my card is confirmed on PayPal. Lol. Those guys are funny, instead of send alert you are calling and sending statements to people just to confirm PayPal code. They have resources oh.
imagine that... I would prefer sms alert immediately sad

N.B I was told that on internet banking, 4 naira is charged on every sms sent on a transaction.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
@Stan, I saw some people with recent charges can you update them to first page?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
AliExpress transaction today 3:45am $29.36 was charged 6134.23 on zenith bank mastercard
6134.23/29.36 =208.93 per $1...... So angry at zenith rite now angry I hope dey refund me later like sinebaba ..... This was after I took a trip to the bank to ask their customer care the rate of dollars to naira using master card and d lady told me 199 angry

Most banks will give u official rate. Dats why i always ask Stanbic the amount charged on the mastercard. Instead of just asking the exchange rate. But seems they misunderstood ur query, or genuinely didn't have the answer. It's possible. I think i'll stick to stanbic for sometime, at least i'm kinda happy with their closeness to customers and availability of info, especially how they reply tweets on twitter. smiley

Jeffy1206:
@Stan, I saw some people with recent charges can you update them to first page?

What recent charges mate? Only the Zenith one reported above that i will make effect to right now.

Jeffy1206:
imagine that... I would prefer sms alert immediately sad
N.B I was told that on internet banking, 4 naira is charged on every sms sent on a transaction.

Ecobank does it, diamond bank does it. So i wouldn't worry about that too much. Yes. 4 naira is charged on every alert u receive. Ecobank charges at the end of the month. I think Stanbic charges immediately from what i saw in my mini-statement on my internet banking profile.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
Stanley08:

Most banks will give u official rate. Dats why i always ask Stanbic the amount charged on the mastercard. Instead of just asking the exchange rate. But seems they misunderstood ur query, or genuinely didn't have the answer. It's possible. I think i'll stick to stanbic for sometime, at least i'm kinda happy with their closeness to customers and availability of info, especially how they reply tweets on twitter. smiley

What recent charges mate? Only the Zenith one reported above that i will make effect to right now.

Ecobank does it, diamond bank does it. So i wouldn't worry about that too much. Yes. 4 naira is charged on every alert u receive. Ecobank charges at the end of the month. I think Stanbic charges immediately from what i saw in my mini-statement on my internet banking profile.

No wonder I see my balance dropping from each sms sent to me...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
Jeffy1206:
No wonder I see my balance dropping from each sms sent to me...

Lol, if i may ask, is there any other way u get to know ur balance except through the alerts?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol, if i may ask, is there any other way u get to know ur balance except through the alerts?
no excerpt through mail... That's why I'm applying for mobile banking that can do that Adams more.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
They always send weekly statement of account undecided
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by dragnet: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Stanley08:

Why are u now feeling so insecure about this small thing? When values seems alot diff, i usually ask people to post dollar and alert values just to be sure, for clarification as you told @Mizzzbeee. Ask anybody, i do it all the time. Anyways sha thank you for your info. Sorry o sha!

your sarcasm is totally uncalled for, what you need is the exchange rate and that can be gotten by simple maths so why the extensive need for alert and transaction details, I wonder why you didnt included a "statement of account signed by the bank manager" tongue

moreso you clearly stated at the beginning of the thread

When you make a purchase online, of course you divide the amount in the alert you got from ur bank by the amount in dollars or pounds. This is common knowledge, but still. Then u post in the format below

Date: 28th February (or just write today if it is)
BANK: Ecobank
CARD TYPE: MasterCard
Currency: $
Rate: 217.5

Well, there it is. Cheers!

...and even though I stated GTB's exchange rate today, you refused to update it on the first post but you conveniently updated your rate and others.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=Stanley08 post=32610258] that is y dey r called customer care they are meant to know or find out.... If dey dont know den who will Nyway next week starting my trip to Stanbic Ibtc
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
that is y dey r called customer care they are
meant to know or find out.... If dey dont know den who will Nyway next week
starting my trip to Stanbic Ibtc

Hopefully urs would go smoother than mine. I'm sure it would. I think it's just mobile banking dats left for me. Hopefully charges on my atm card will show up on my statement there because weirdly, doesn't show on Internet banking one. U just know that money is pending tho.

Jeffy1206:
They always send weekly statement of account undecided

Apparently yes,i got one today at 6:04pm, what time did you get urs? i don't know if I like it or not yet. Lol. I think i like it till my mobile banking is ready
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2015
@jeffy1206 Stanbic just called me and explained to me that they don't send alerts for Pending transactions, until the transactions are completed. And dats why we didn't get for the PayPal transaction. That the merchant didn't come for the money yet so they can't send an alert yet. PayPal usually takes it and refunds so i wonder why this is different. According to Stanbic, this PayPal transactions are pendings and not completed transactions and really the photo i posted yesterday supports their argument. The guy dat called also ended by saying that i made a valid point about sending alerts about pending transactions and he will take the idea up to the stakeholders and see if it's possible to advance their sms alert platform. Here is the follow-up email he sent below tho. Cheers!

"Dear Mr. Stanley,
Thank you for this feedback and time over the telephone.
Do accept our sincere apology for every inconvenience this experience may have caused you.
Following our telephone conversation, please be advised that we may be unable to transmit transaction notifications for pending transaction at this time.
This service is currently unavailable.
We however note the importance of this service to you and will continue to strive to ensure that we render the best service obtainable within the industry to our clients at all times.
Thank you for your valued patronage.
Best Regards"

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by laplace12(m): 3:15am On Apr 12, 2015
All these stanbic blessings, hope it gets to me oo cheesy

Hope they won't change like access the moment I open my own account?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2015
laplace12:

All these stanbic blessings, hope it gets to me oo cheesy
Hope they won't change like access the moment I open my own account?

Lol. That's why we don't want you at our bank.Please don't join. JK bro. I'm sure u'd like it mate. And I'm sure the branch you choose won't be as dumb as mine smiley

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by laplace12(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. That's why we don't want you at our bank.Please don't join. JK bro. I'm sure u'd like it mate. And I'm sure the branch you choose won't be as dumb as mine smiley

grin grin

Bro this no be politics section nah. We are one Nigeria here wink

I stay in Maryland, maybe I will try one here.

Pls I'm sorry for all the tribalistic comments. I am not like that naturally, its just that I can't help it when I see such threads embarassed

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stanley08:
@jeffy1206 Stanbic just called me and explained to me that they don't send alerts for Pending transactions, until the transactions are completed. And dats why we didn't get for the PayPal transaction. That the merchant didn't come for the money yet so they can't send an alert yet. PayPal usually takes it and refunds so i wonder why this is different. According to Stanbic, this PayPal transactions are pendings and not completed transactions and really the photo i posted yesterday supports their argument. The guy dat called also ended by saying that i made a valid point about sending alerts about pending transactions and he will take the idea up to the stakeholders and see if it's possible to advance their sms alert platform. Here is the follow-up email he sent below tho. Cheers!

"Dear Mr. Stanley,
Thank you for this feedback and time over the telephone.
Do accept our sincere apology for every inconvenience this experience may have caused you.
Following our telephone conversation, please be advised that we may be unable to transmit transaction notifications for pending transaction at this time.
This service is currently unavailable.
We however note the importance of this service to you and will continue to strive to ensure that we render the best service obtainable within the industry to our clients at all times.
Thank you for your valued patronage.
Best Regards"
yes I was told earlier though. That's when I complained about no alerts for transactions.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by busky101(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hv been following this thread right from day one, i finally have a query tho..... Pls apart from uba africard is their any other bank that has a credit card similar to africard for making and receiving payments directly to the card involved
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
Jeffy1206:
yes I was told earlier though. That's when I complained about no alerts for transactions.

And u didn't now share it, u wicked oh. If say hypertension kill me, my blood for dey ur head. Lol.

laplace12:

grin grin
Bro this no be politics section nah. We are one Nigeria here wink
I stay in Maryland, maybe I will try one here.
Pls I'm sorry for all the tribalistic comments. I am not like that naturally, its just that I can't help it when I see such threads embarassed

Lol. I didn't see anything tribalistic tho. But it's all good mate. Abeg try maryland stanbic. I'm sure it would be fine. Cheers! smiley

busky101:
Hv been following this thread right from day one, i finally have a query tho..... Pls apart from uba africard is their any other bank that has a credit card similar to africard for making and receiving payments directly to the card involved

I think Access Bank Ghana mentioned something similar so u can try them, i'm not sure tho. But my advice is that u attach it to an account. Join Team Stanbic.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by busky101(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
Stanley08:

And u didn't now share it, u wicked oh. If say hypertension kill me, my blood for dey ur head. Lol.

Lol. I didn't see anything tribalistic tho. But it's all good mate. Abeg try maryland stanbic. I'm sure it would be fine. Cheers! smiley

I think Access Bank Ghana mentioned something similar so u can try them, i'm not sure tho. But my advice is that u attach it to an account. Join Team Stanbic.
Access bank ghana? Is stanbic's mastercard credit or debit card?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by sinebaba(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
wait till monday they will credit your account cos it happen to me many time sad
Mizzzbeee:
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
@ Stanley, I forgot to mention it then smiley
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
sinebaba:
wait till monday they will credit your account cos it happen to me many time sad
OK tnx fingers crossed
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
busky101:
Access bank ghana? Is stanbic's mastercard credit or debit card?

Mastercard is debit. Credit (Current account only) is VISA

Jeffy1206:
@ Stanley, I forgot to mention it then smiley

Lol. Okay, remember to report on that Paypal refund. Even tho, the way it looks, there won't be an alert. The money would just appear back in ur account as it seems to be a pending authorization.
And btw see the pic below, it's form my internet banking statement, They charge for the sms alert IMMEDIATELY! Lol.

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 1:53am On Apr 13, 2015
I don't like this their sms charge... Look like extortion to me undecided must I always call them to know my balance
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 7:07am On Apr 13, 2015
Jeffy1206:
I don't like this their sms charge... Look like extortion to me undecided must I always call them to know my balance

Lol. It's not extortion. I just rather have them collect it at the end of the month.
Btw, Stanbic still sent those 2 alerts today and it is now showing on my Internet banking statement online. Who knows whether it was pending only because it was weekend. Because i know that PayPal debits then refunds. It's not supposed to be a pending. Now let's see how much they refund.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 8:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Yea my point exactly... It's better at the end of the month sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.