Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,161 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) - Technology Market (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) (139780 Views)

Great Deals Due To Lower Dollar Rate / Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / 600 Dollars Amazon Gift Card For Sale At 210 Per Dollar Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (58) (Go Down)

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
afanide:

Hope u got my Text Ealier? Help me post Pix here so i can copy it
yes I did.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jeffy1206:
I have already added it but no message or debit on my card sad...
Please do you encounter this on PayPal?

If your card was successfully added, then u don't have any issue with it. Mine can't even add to Google wallet. Not yet at least. PayPal has different issues don't worry about it too much, just try again later...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
@jeffy1206

Email from Stanbic regarding the maiden name update.

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for your feedback.
We sincerely apologize for every inconvenience this experience may have caused you.
Please be informed that it takes 24hrs for the update to be effected on your account.
Thank you."
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:
I'm not a sexist but I'll say this. With respest to woman and appreciation to every woman walking on the face of the earth, i think you guys are great and i think you guys can do whatever a man can do better and all that good stuff you guys like to hear.

However, i feel like in this part of the world women shouldn't do tech support/customer care jobs. 95% of them are underinformed, misinformed or not informed at all. I spoke to maybe 2 or 3 customer care ladies yesterday and none of them stated dat i had to go back to the bank to fill the Mastercard secure code update form. The first guy i spoke to gave me this information and it was the right thing to do. Even the person dat has been attending to me at the branch has been a lady and i asked her yesterday, she said i didn't need to do anything else and today she's saying that it's true dat i have to do it. I have experienced this many times in various institutions not only in Nigeria but in Ghana too.

Please the feminist groups shouldn't rain down fire and brimstone on me. I love women. Lol.

My dear is not true. Is not about women attending to you; is about getting the information from the right person. Is an individual thing not a general thing.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
mavinc4u:
My dear is not true. Is not about women attending to you; is about getting the information from the right person. Is an individual thing not a general thing.

Lol. Okay my dear.

I was providing tech support for one company one time, a lady called my desk and complained that her computer was broken. I asked what the issue with it was and she said it wasn't coming on, i went to check it. Lo and behold it wasn't even connected to the socket. That was the issue. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
When it comes to book smarts, women are miles ahead of men. Because men are busy thinking about chasing women. Lmao.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:
@jeffy1206

Email from Stanbic regarding the maiden name update.

"Dear Mr. Stanley,

Thank you for your feedback.
We sincerely apologize for every inconvenience this experience may have caused you.
Please be informed that it takes 24hrs for the update to be effected on your account.
Thank you."

your own good as dey don reply you...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

If your card was successfully added, then u don't have any issue with it. Mine can't even add to Google wallet. Not yet at least. PayPal has different issues don't worry about it too much, just try again later...
that PayPal issh has been like that ever since with my fb visa... Although I emailed them and they sent me a mail that my bank decline it... I'll forward it here.

My name is Patricia from PayPal Consumer Support. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide assistance to you today.

I am sorry to hear about your attempt to add your card. Do not worry, I will do my best to help you with that.

Our record shows that your card issuer declined our requests to verify your 82** MasterCard.

I'd encourage you to contact your credit card company, ask them why your card was declined as I don't have visibility into the details of the denial. After you have already identified the reason why the linking of the card was declined, you may try adding the card again.

Right now, I'd like to help you complete this registration. My recommendation would be to add another credit card to your PayPal account. PayPal accepts debit or credit cards that have Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express logo, if you have one available.

If you need to send a payment as soon as possible, you may also borrow a family member’s credit or debit card, or PayPal account, if they have one.

When you add a credit card or update your credit card information, we temporarily charge a small amount to your card. We do this fraud prevention measure to ensure that your card is valid. If your card issuer doesn’t authorize the temporary charge and you try to use the card with your PayPal account, the card will be declined.

Here are some of the reasons why your card issuer may not authorize the temporary charge:

*The card issuer might be having technical problems that prevent us from requesting the authorization.
*The card issuer, as part of its own fraud prevention measures, might block the transaction because it doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns.
*Your card may not support online payments.
*You might have exceeded the limit on your card.
*The card that you are adding is a pin based card, which you can request from your card issuer to turn off the pin.

We value you as part of the PayPal family. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at at +1-402-517-4519 (US number). Our hours of operations are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM WAT from Monday to Friday.

Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Patricia
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jeffy1206:
that PayPal issh has been like that ever since with my fb visa... Although I emailed them and they sent me a mail that my bank decline it... I'll forward it here.

See Jeff my man, don't bother urself. U did the maiden name update right? Try tomorrow by 5pm (after close of business). Simple. If it still doesn't work then both of us will borrow the fire and brimstone from the feminist group and send it upon Stanbic.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by senoreetah(f): 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jeffy1206:
I have already added it but no message or debit on my card sad...

Please do you encounter this on PayPal?

Could mean u dnt have enof cash in ur account...
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
senoreetah:

Could mean u dnt have enof cash in ur account...

It takes 24 hours to activate the card (according to stanbic). He only applied for the secure code activation today.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
Stanley08:

It takes 24 hours to activate the card (according to stanbic). He only applied for the secure code activation today.
yea that's true I'm just chilling now cool

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by piscesgem(m): 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
From UBA website today

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jacobx007: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Gtb has come down a bit! 37,333.62 was deducted for $182.99. rate = 204.02
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Finally been able to pay on aliexpress and add successfully in my PayPal, waiting for their message now to confirm the amount charged. cheesy wink grin

@Stan, I'm live and kicking now with the card lollol grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Jacobx007:
wow this is cool
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by warrenweste(m): 12:02am On Apr 09, 2015
was charged 200 to $1 on firstbank mastercard as well
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:38am On Apr 09, 2015
Jacobx007:

warrenweste:
was charged 200 to $1 on firstbank mastercard as well

Great news. Will update both to first post.

piscesgem:
From UBA website today

Official rate maybe. Card charge might be different.

Jeffy1206:
Finally been able to pay on aliexpress and add successfully in my PayPal, waiting for their message now to confirm the amount charged. cheesy wink grin

@Stan, I'm live and kicking now with the card lollol grin

Cool. Maybe because ur card was ready before mine, who knows? i will try mine now and also check Diamond bank's rate. Just now and report back immediately.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by mavinc4u(f): 12:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. Okay my dear.

I was providing tech support for one company one time, a lady called my desk and complained that her computer was broken. I asked what the issue with it was and she said it wasn't coming on, i went to check it. Lo and behold it wasn't even connected to the socket. That was the issue. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Lol.

The lady is not the techie type. If you meet a techie lady, you would respect
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:46am On Apr 09, 2015
mavinc4u:

The lady is not the techie type. If you meet a techie lady, you would respect

True! I'll marry any Nigerian woman i meet that knows computers and tech stuff more than myself lol. So i can say that I'm still searching lol.

1 Like

Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2015
@jeffy1206 no show on my Stanbic card. Not working. YET.
Btw, u didn't say how much was charged to the card by PayPal. is the rate actually 199.5? And when the refund comes back, check if Stanbic processes at a lower rate.

Diamond Bank's rate remains unchanged - 204.08.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 4:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Stanley08:
@jeffy1206 no show on my Stanbic card. Not working. YET.
Btw, u didn't say how much was charged to the card by PayPal. is the rate actually 199.5? And when the refund comes back, check if Stanbic processes at a lower rate.

Diamond Bank's rate remains unchanged - 204.08.
I'm surprised here sef, all the transactions so far they didn't send me one alert at all! I even mail them to give me balance on my account, still no show sad. Had my mobile money app working now, I would have just check the balance to see.

How much do you have in the account now?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 7:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmmmm!! From the mail sent to me about my balance, I noted 2 things. I paid for an item of 2.99 on aliexpress and 1.5 PayPal charge= 4.49USD so after my calculations their charge was #222.3 angry or I don't know whether they still charge me 1USD for adding on Google wallet, but if so, their charge would be #181. 66

I just hope the latter is the real one grin

Watch out for more... cool
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 8:04am On Apr 09, 2015
Jeffy1206:
Hmmmm!! From the mail sent to me about my balance, I noted 2 things. I paid for an item of 2.99 on aliexpress and 1.5 PayPal charge= 4.49USD so after my calculations their charge was #222.3 angry or I don't know whether they still charge me 1USD for adding on Google wallet, but if so, their charge would be #181. 66

I just hope the latter is the real one grin

Watch out for more... cool

Jeffy1206:
I'm surprised here sef, all the transactions so far they didn't send me one alert at all! I even mail them to give me balance on my account, still no show sad. Had my mobile money app working now, I would have just check the balance to see.

How much do you have in the account now?

The Google one is debited and credited back immediately. It's not a charge, it's called a 'pending authorization' or just a 'pending'. Most websites put a pending on ur card when u place an order but don't actually collect the money just incase u decide to cancel the order to avoid having to start processing a refund, immediately the order is shipped then u are actually charged. The whole time the money doesn't appear in ur balance tho, in more developed / advanced banks overseas you will see pending authorizations on ur statement too, sadly not here. They want any opportunity to scam u on refunds. Lol.
Different from a refund, in the case where the seller has received the money but is paying you back.

Anyways, U can never know until you get ur hands on ur statement or u get alerts. I paid in another 1,000 into my account yesterday, just to be sure that my alert was working, i received both text and email alerts for the transaction. I have 2,950 in the account for now. ATM fee was 1050 so yh, instead of 4K.
I told u to apply for internet banking, u said no. Got my Internet banking password yesterday, would check on it today. And, PayPal charges $1 for adding the card and then another 1.95 dollars (would be refunded) for confirming the card so add these values and calculate with regards to ur initial and current balance.
2.99 + 1.00 + 1.95 = $5.94
I'm pretty sure that should make it fall around the 200 naira rate.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Thespecialone(m): 9:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Stanley08

Our resident Stanbic Expert.
I'm loyal to your constituency sir. grin
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2015
Stanley08:

True! I'll marry any Nigerian woman i meet that knows computers and tech stuff more than myself lol. So i can say that I'm still searching lol.
eyah you avnt met me.. wink
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 9:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Stanley08:

The Google one is debited and credited back immediately. It's not a charge, it's called a 'pending authorization' or just a 'pending'. Most websites put a pending on ur card when u place an order but don't actually collect the money just incase u decide to cancel the order to avoid having to start processing a refund, immediately the order is shipped then u are actually charged. The whole time the money doesn't appear in ur balance tho, in more developed / advanced banks overseas you will see pending authorizations on ur statement too, sadly not here. They want any opportunity to scam u on refunds. Lol.
Different from a refund, in the case where the seller has received the money but is paying you back.

Anyways, U can never know until you get ur hands on ur statement or u get alerts. I paid in another 1,000 into my account yesterday, just to be sure that my alert was working, i received both text and email alerts for the transaction. I have 2,950 in the account for now. ATM fee was 1050 so yh, instead of 4K.
I told u to apply for internet banking, u said no. Got my Internet banking password yesterday, would check on it today. And, PayPal charges $1 for adding the card and then another 1.95 dollars (would be refunded) for confirming the card so add these values and calculate with regards to ur initial and current balance.
2.99 + 1.00 + 1.95 = $5.94
I'm pretty sure that should make it fall around the 200 naira rate.
then if PayPal charges 2.5USD then I'm pretty sure that I was charged around 182 or so... shocked

I think I prefer mobile banking to the internet banking... Does same thing and cost nothing to get it working just some delays here and there.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by codedmax(m): 10:24am On Apr 09, 2015
Jeffy1206:
then if PayPal charges 2.5USD then I'm pretty sure that I was charged around 182 or so... shocked

I think I prefer mobile banking to the internet banking... Does same thing and cost nothing to get it working just some delays here and there.

Bro is ur PayPal acct the Nigeria type?

how efficient is it in making payments to merchant that accepts PayPal worldwide?
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2015
codedmax:

how efficient is it in making payments to merchant that accepts PayPal worldwide?
yes made in or for Nigeria grin I have no problems at all with the efficiency... My only problem is the inability to receive fund sad
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by jerrygome: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2015
8th April 10AM
GT Bank MasterCard online payment N204.01980198 per dollar

I love 'em digits tongue
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Stanley08(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2015
Thespecialone:
Stanley08

Our resident Stanbic Expert.
I'm loyal to your constituency sir. grin

Lol. Brotherly! Thanks oh.
Don't forget to go out an vote for me on Saturday as governor of Stanbic Bank. cheesy

codedmax:

Paypal for Nigeria is just as effective as any other country's own, just the obvious issue of not being able to receive payments. As long as the limit has been lifted on ur account, u should be fine.

Mizzzbeee:
eyah you avnt met me.. wink

Lol. I can hear wedding bells! Oya send ur PIN let's start planning it.

jerrygome:
8th April 10AM
GT Bank MasterCard online payment N204.01980198 per dollar
I love 'em digits tongue

Lol, because writing 204.02 is too mainstream! I feel u bruh! Chike Obi!

Jeffy1206:

Lol. 182 is too low. If it's true i will go throw a party for my Stanbic branch workers.
I have tweeted at Stanbic, hopefully they give me a reply soon.
Dude! Mobile banking costs 1050 naira and internet banking is free. What are u saying? if you applied for Mobile banking, just be expecting a debit alert of 1050 soon. Lol.
Re: Monitoring Dollar Rate Ourselves (CLOSELY) by Jeffy1206(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Stanley08:

Lol. Brotherly! Thanks oh.
Don't forget to go out an vote for me on Saturday as governor of Stanbic Bank. cheesy

Paypal for Nigeria is just as effective as any other country's own, just the obvious issue of not being able to receive payments. As long as the limit has been lifted on ur account, u should be fine.

shocked shocked they told me is free na. cry

Lol. I can hear wedding bells! Oya send ur PIN let's start planning it.

Lol. 182 is too low. If it's true i will go throw a party for my Stanbic branch workers.
I have tweeted at Stanbic, hopefully they give me a reply soon.
Dude! Mobile banking costs 1050 naira and internet banking is free. What are u saying? if you applied for Mobile banking, just be expecting a debit alert of 1050 soon. Lol.

shocked shocked I was told that it's free... This their cc don't know anything o

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (58)

EXPOSED Secret: The Bigger Boys New Method Of Importation. Part 2. A Must See!!! / **Shop/Ship Gadgets/Fashion from USA or Great Automobile Deals from Canada / How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD Code Number – Detailed Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.