Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Do U Like Your Christian Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do U Like Your Christian Life? (1333 Views)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Like Your Christian Life? by faraij(m): 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2006
how do u see your christian life?
do u like the way things are moving
on?jus share!!!!
) smiley smiley
Re: Do U Like Your Christian Life? by Drusilla(f): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2006
The so called Christian life -->sucks big time.

I am a Christian but I have given up trying to live what is called a Christian life.

It's so hypocritical and doesn't have much to do with the bible.

Now I just keep it real. God loves truth.

I find that people who attempt to live a 'Christian life' quickly fall into complete sin and apostacy.

Once my neighbor asked me if I smoked weed. I said: No but I invented weed.

My brother and sister in law, intense christians, had a fit. They could not believe that I did not reprimand the guy and tell him he needed Jesus and in general go off on him.

3 years later -- their in total disarray, divorced, she done had an abortion, and a baby not my brothers, both drinking, she smoking weed, him gambling, etc, etc.

And not only them but all those who go into these Wacky hardcore christian life periods, eventually fall all the way from God.

It seems to be a pattern.

I once dreamed about my salvation, right after I got saved, God and Jesus showed themselves to me as 2 black guys with nice clothes and a fly car. Srota looking like rap stars. I won't go further into details about the dream and how I knew it was God and Jesus.

But the point is, God is not in heaven listening to Classical and Country music boring the angels to tears.

Too many people have an image of God that does not match what the bible teaches about a God who laughs, a God who sings, a God who says give beer to the poor so they forget their troubles, a God willing to get down to the nitty gritty and understand us.

So their christian life is smashed when they realize that they can not match up to their own make believe fake God of Victorian principals.

Me, I just try to keep it real and generally have more people truly converted to loving God and the bible. People are relieved and happy when they find out God is not like that. They find it easier to give up sin for such a loving God, when they realize that it does not mean becoming some inhuman hypocrite who judges every one else harshly.
Re: Do U Like Your Christian Life? by donmayor(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2006
I won't want to sound preachy but the bible is simple. It's a book of do's and don'ts. I am not content with my christian life because I feel it can be better. I feel I can give more service to the Lord.
@Drusillia
Many say serious christians are judgmental and hypocrites. Does judgmental mean tryin to tell u wats right based on the word of God? We are human and we would always err and fall into sin but a truly saved person would feel a tugging in his heart that he has sinned and he would repent. The assurance of ur salvaton lies not in the belief that u r saved cos u said some lines that ur pastor said u shuld say but in ur actions - dats y the bible talks about newness if u r in Christ and it does not mean a christian won't sin but he would repent. Salvation is preceded and immediately followed after by repentance.But when people whose conscience are dead see dis christians fall, they jump into conclusions that they are hypocrites. you can only call a christian a hypocrite if he falls into sin and keeps in the sin and keeps on talking about holiness.
Re: Do U Like Your Christian Life? by Drusilla(f): 11:42pm On Aug 30, 2006
Don_mayor,

Absolutely not. Judgemental does not mean trying to tell another Christian what is right based on the word of God.

However we have to understand why Jesus says:

"Do not Judge" and also says "use right judgement".

There is a fine line between correction and judgementalness. Too many Christians end up on the wrong side of the line. Me included.

As far as unbelievers, the bible specifically tells us not to judge them because they are just doing what unbelievers do.

And in the case of christians we should be careful when we correct them, lest we fall.

Hypocrites to me are people who walk around making up sins (like cigarette smoking, drinking, not going to church) but totally ignore what the bible calls sin (not helping the poor, running after riches, pride).
Re: Do U Like Your Christian Life? by otokx(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2006
@drusilla

i like you approach, and we like to get to e- know you

@everyone

its not an easy journey, infact it can be quite treacherous but the bible and our comforter will guide us through. The level of materialism in the church today is very sickening and when u add that to the shallow foundation being dug everywhere you get self - deception which is quite destructive.

(1) (Reply)

In The Name Of Religion? / Why Dont We Observe The Sabbath Day! / If You Don’t Tithe, Don't Come Back - The Most Daring Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.