Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch (1373 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan Failed Nigerians In All Sectors - Femi Fani-kayode / Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / NNPC Under Jonathan Failed To Remit N3.2trn, Says Auditor-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has bowed to the presure to perform the groundbreaking of the $16bn Delta Gas City project at Ogidigben in the Warri South West Local Government Area of the State, before the poll or lose the support of the Itsekiri nation in the forth coming election.

The deal was struck at separate meetings he held with the paramount ruler of the Itsekiri,Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse II and other Itsekiri leaders, as well as with former militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo (aka Tompolo) and Ayirimi Emami (aka Akulagba), at the Government House, Asaba on Friday night.

Sources at the meetings said the President told Ayiri and Tompolo that “he was coming to Warri in two weeks to perform the groundbreaking ceremony and asked them to go and settle their differences in the interest of peace and development of the area.

“Consequently, everybody has agreed in principle to allow the groundbreaking ceremony to take place . We are expecting the ceremony to come up in two weeks time. The president has asked the governor and NNPC to work towards that date.”

The Itsekiri and the Ijaw are laying claim to the project site.

Threats by Tompolo and his Ijaw kinsmen to unleash mayhem on the area forced the President to call off the first attempt to perform the ceremony last November.

Stunned by the President’s action,the Itsekiri resolved to vote massively against him in the presidential election.

Meanwhile, a source at the meeting between the President and Itsekiri leaders said the Itsekiri monarch “bluntly told the President that he failed the Itsekiri during his tenure” and that he (Olu) could not guarantee his people’s votes for him.

The traditional ruler was also said to have told the President that his people even got a better deal from former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

“He told the President that as the paramount monarch of the Itsekiri people, he could advise them on how to vote. Nevertheless, he said it was not possible to go back to tell his people to vote for him considering the raw deal they have received from him.

“The Ogiame particularly lamented the manner the President aborted the groundbreaking ceremony of the gas project, which was the only benefit his people would have received during his entire six years.”

Apparently worried by the tone of the monarch, President Jonathan was said to have requested for a private meeting with Tompolo and the Akulagba – two of the key players in the controversy over ownership of the lands in the area.

It was gathered that a pre-meeting between the duo was almost called off due to hot exchange of words between the Ijaw and Itsekiri leaders, who bickered over the ownership of the contentious site of the project.

“Although Tompolo was willing to concede that the 2,800 hectares site of the gas project is owned exclusively by Itsekiri, he wanted an assurance from Akulagba that the site of the deep sea port would be conceded to the Ijaws of Gbaramatu.

“Ayiri insisted that all the land, including where some Gbaramatu communities are located is owned by the Itsekiri, insisting that he would not be cowed by threat of war or violence to concede his kinsmen’s property for peace.”

In spite of the latest development, it was gathered that Emami is planning to go to court if the deep sea port is conceded to the Ijaws as it is being proposed by the President and the Delta State Government.

“From what we have gathered, he has concluded plans to challenge the Ijaw’s claim to the land, particularly Ikpokpo and other communities alleged annexed by the Ijaws during the Ijaw/Itsekiri crisis.”

http://impacttym.com/read/?id=107

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by idee91: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2015
That feeling is mutual, Mr warri monarch

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Raiders: 6:52am On Mar 01, 2015
Stop calling him Warri monarch. Warri doesn't have any king.I am from Warri and he is not my king. He is Itsekiri monarch.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Cruzeiro(m): 6:52am On Mar 01, 2015
He failed us all. That is why we want change. And the funny thing is change is constant.
Sai Buhari
Sai baba!!!

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by LordMecuzy(m): 6:57am On Mar 01, 2015
He Failed Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by GEJisBOKO: 7:02am On Mar 01, 2015
Jonathan is a failure

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Akshow: 7:24am On Mar 01, 2015
Raiders:
Stop calling him Warri monarch. Warri doesn't have any king.I am from Warri and he is not my king. He is Itsekiri monarch.

typical of a gej aszz licker. Attack the messenger and dismiss the message. Did the monarch lie? Didn't gej fail them?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by seunmsg(m): 7:28am On Mar 01, 2015
Itsekiri people should not be deceived by GEJ's last minute decision to do the groundbreaking of the Delta gas city project. He's doing this simply to get their votes and will reverse the decision once he's elected.

GEJ does not care about the itsekiri people same way he doesn't give a damn about the interest of majority of Nigerians. The itsekiri people should be wise, if you've not gotten anything from him in the last 6 years, you won't get anything in another 4 years. GEJ can't be trusted.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by phlemzy: 8:17am On Mar 01, 2015
Cluelessness is not unconnected with failure.
Cluelessness has been associated with GEJ since time immemorial.
Hence, GEJ & failure are perpetually inseparable.
#IMarchAhead!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by egift(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2015
Jonathan's failure is widesprade. How the President will be working for militants, defies logic.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Ijebulogic(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2015
I really wonder how Oga would have performed as VC of a Nigerian University. Cults and gangsters woukd have been celebrating. ..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by gen2briz(m): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2015
Not only your people oooo..

#Never again will i vote for any shoeless politician

On GMB and PYO mandate I stand

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by usbcable(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2015
There are two kinds of people in Nigeria today,those who want
CHANGE and those who want CONTINUITY. If you want change you
are safe, if you want continuity there are two things involved, is either
you reside in LAGOS or you are in PDP. If you are in lagos you are
safe, if you are in PDP there are two things involved, is either you are
Jonathan's family or you are naturally corrupt. If you are Jonathan's
family you are safe cox u r going back to Otuoke but if you are
naturally corrupt, there are two things involved, is either you leave
this country before March 28 or you remain. If you leave this country
you are save but if you remain, there is ONLY one thing involved, YOU have no choice but to CHANGE from uour old corrupt ways or risk Jail. Vote Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by minister2015: 9:32am On Mar 01, 2015
GEJ is an Ijaw supremacist!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2015
egift:
Jonathan's failure is widesprade. How the President will be working for militants, defies logic.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by tosin2013: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2015
usbcable:

There are two kinds of people in Nigeria today,those who want
CHANGE and those who want CONTINUITY. If you want change you
are safe, if you want continuity there are two things involved, is either
you reside in LAGOS or you are in PDP. If you are in lagos you are
safe, if you are in PDP there are two things involved, is either you are
Jonathan's family or you are naturally corrupt. If you are Jonathan's
family you are safe cox u r going back to Otuoke but if you are
naturally corrupt, there are two things involved, is either you leave
this country before March 28 or you remain. If you leave this country
you are save but if you remain, there is ONLY one thing involved, YOU have no choice but to CHANGE from uour old corrupt ways or risk Jail. Vote Buhari.

Nice!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by omenka(m): 9:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Really don't know what to say. Can't wait to see this nation rid herself of this burden called Jonathan. We certainly deserve better than this.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2015
egift:
den ya ve to task ya brain, if siting a refinery in kaduna is logical. Common, stop being childish. Wadz d correlation beween kaduna and refinery. All dis nonsense started long time ago by d a.bokiz

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 01, 2015
Raiders:
I am surprised Mr. President thinks the Olu controls the population of Warri. The itsekiris are minorities that can be ignored. Someone really needs to educate Mr. President. This project will eventually degenerate until it starts another crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by rusher14: 10:36am On Mar 01, 2015
blink182:
I am surprised Mr. President thinks the Olu controls the population of Warri. The itsekiris are minorities that can be ignored. [/b]Someone really needs to educate Mr. President. This project will eventually degenerate until it starts another crisis.

[b]My people una don hear now?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by walemoney007(m): 10:44am On Mar 01, 2015
J
Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by babasanti: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2015
Yes he failed us but we will still Blindly vote for him. Buhari should show us his cerificate or pull over. GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by henryangelo: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Many people are here shouting he failed us,is it buhari that didn't fall and he keeps falling, did you watch the kind of jubilation of the masses when he was chased out of power
Re: Jonathan Failed My People - Warri Monarch by jolomiurenyi(m): 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
Raiders:

Go to anywhere in the world, he is the Olu of Warri. U Agbaroh boy.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Gari & Sugar With Grandnut Shared By PDP / If Buhari, Wins,how Will Amechi, Treat Jonathan And His Wife? / Wike Swears In Commissioners, Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.