Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor (4200 Views)

Lai Mohammed And Wike Hug At AMAA 2016 In Port Harcourt / Musa Yar'adua With His Sons Umaru And Shehu Yar'adua: Throwback Photos / Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Chigold101(m): 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
san316:
Junk news. APC doesnt need newspapers such as guardian to spread any so called propaganda. The guardian have always been antiBuhari. so they should shut the forkk up.

I can only pretend i care.
we know... Everybody is against GMB.

Never Again will APC deceive Nigerians...PERIOD!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Was the Transcorp interview anywhere in this press release? I have checked all the known channels for buhari campaign information and i am yet to see the Transcorp interview in any of them.
What is the source of this picture? Where did the guardian editor get those pictures from?
Let him post an email confirmation or something. Certainly the pics were not sent to him in a phone call.

They didn't make those claims, it came from Linda Ikejis blog. I don't know when we began to take her posts as truths.

I even listened to the interview by Shehu. He said he General visited a local TV station how people have now made these assumptions are beyond me.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by doctokwus: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

Wrong. It's an EDITORIAL piece by Abraham Ogbodo, who is the Guardian Newspapers' editor.
www.mediacareerng.org/2013/03/03/ogbodo-editor-the-guardian-on-sunday/
Okay.Guardian on Sunday.
Thought he was made to seem to be main daily guardian editor.
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/news/oloja-takes-over-from-adesina-as-guardian-editor
Ogbodo hasn't done his career any good if he can't carry out simple checks and balances before publishing.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

They didn't make those claims, it came from Linda Ikejis blog. I don't know when we began to take her posts as truths.

I even listened to the interview by Shehu. He said he General visited a local TV station how people have now made these assumptions are beyond me.

Now you are also obfuscating what was a clear admission..

4 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 11:53am On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Now you are also obfuscating what was a clear admission..

Clear admission from where?
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Press release sent to Premium times -- February 21, 2015

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/177284-buhari-to-speak-at-chatham-house-thursday.html

Now this is more like it, a direct quote with evidence, with this the Apc and Garba shehu can be held responsible.

I will be sending this link out.

1 Like

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 11:54am On Mar 01, 2015
“The voter has a choice to make”: GMB spokesman,Garba Shehu,responds to misleading photo controversy

February 25, 2015

On Saturday, February 21, 2015, Garba Shehu, the director of media and publicity of the Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Council sent out a press statement which unknown to him at the time, would change the conversation in the coming week. And not in a positive way for his candidate.

In the statement which was titled, ‘Buhari to speak at Chatam House on Thursday, February 26,’ Shehu said, “as part of his ongoing engagement in the United Kingdom, General Buhari had an interview yesterday with a local medium, the ‘All Eyes on Africa TV show’ with Kemi Fajodutimi and met with Tony Blair on Saturday, February 21 morning.”

In the press statement, Shehu attached three photos of Buhari and Fadojutimi, and while labelling the photos, he claimed once again that they were taken “during Buhari’s working visit to the United Kingdom on Friday, 20 February 2015.”

Shehu and the APC presidential media office did not anticipate the fact that even though most people will look at the photos and accept them as circulated and labelled, there will be others who will take a more clinical look.

One such person who critically examined the photos was the controversial PDP sympathiser, Mukhtar Alex Dan’Iyan (@MrAyeDee on Twitter).

In a series of tweets, Dan’Iyan – who has been known to mislead as well – pointed out with pictorial evidence that the photo was actually taken at the Transcorp Hilton in Abuja, and not in the United Kingdom as claimed by Shehu.

Then, to prove a point, the governor of Ekiti, Ayo Fayose, who has been a thorn in the APC flesh throughout this campaign season visited the hotel suite were the interview held. Fayose took photos while seated on the same spot as Buhari, and with the furniture arranged in the same way as the Buhari interview. The story took a life of its own from that point.

Guardian newspaper which had used the photo on its Sunday cover put out a statement next day regretting the error. While the paper did not mention that the error was due to the misleading statement from Shehu, an editor with the paper, Tope Templer Olaiya, said on Twitter that rather than blaming the paper, Nigerians should “blame Garba Shehu’s sloppiness who sent out the picture with accompanying press statement.”

The ScoopNG reached out to Shehu for clarification on the misleading photographs and statement but he was unwilling to dwell on the mater.

“We’re not dwelling on that issue,” he said. “We want to use all our time to see how discussions can be advanced on the issues of insecurity, corruption, mismanagement and unemployment,” he said.

He dismissed the photo controversy as “irrelevant” in the face of weightier issues like insecurity.

Asked whether he does not worry about the fact that the controversy will rub off negatively on the APC candidate as undecided voters will believe that the party is misleading Nigerians on the true state of Buhari’s health and his foreign travel, Shehu said that the decision is that of the voters to make.

“The voter has a decision to make, whether the issue of photograph is more important to him than the issue of large scale insecurity. The media and the voter have a choice to make,” Shehu said.

Efforts by The ScoopNG to get the reaction of the spokesman to the Goodluck Jonathan campaign, Femi Fani-Kayode, have not been successful as calls and text messages sent to his telephone lines have gone unanswered.

Source

1 Like

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Now this is more like it, a direct quote with evidence, with this the Apc and Garba shehu can be held responsible.

Good.

As I said earlier, Garba Shehu should have been fired pronto.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

Clear admission from where?

Who else but Garba Shehu himself?

Did you actually watch that youtube video?
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2015
The press release didn't mention the all eyes on Africa show or Kemi Fadojuti that was speculation from the newspapers as were the photographs. All a result of the shoddy state of journalism in Nigeria.

What will be the purpose of lying about something so trivial when he did indeed have a meeting with Tony Blair and spoke at Chatham house. Activities we can all now confirm happened as we were able to witness ourselves the fact that he's not in hospital?

When are they going to quit flogging his dead horse?
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Who else but Garba Shehu himself?

Did you actually watch that youtube video?

I told you already I watched the video he said he General visited a local TV station.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:
The press release didn't mention the all eyes on Africa show or Kemi Fadojuti that was speculation from the newspapers as were the photographs. All a result of the shoddy state of journalism in Nigeria.

What will be the purpose of lying about something so trivial when he did indeed have a meeting with Tony Blair and spoke at Chatham house. Activities we can all now confirm happened as we were able to witness ourselves the fact that he's not in hospital?

When are they going to quit flogging his dead horse?

What you have demonstrated here is the same cognitive dissonance one gets from some of the more virulent TANoids.
It amounts to an unwillingness to conduct a fact based debate.

Garba Shehu (in his own words): ""...pictures don't lie. From yesterday, we had pictures of General Buhari at the immigration in London on his feet. And thereafter we have had pictures...he met ex-prime minister Blair. After that ...before that, he had had an interview with a local television station and had met Nigerians in the diaspora in the UK..."

1 Like

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

What you have demonstrated here is the same cognitive dissonance one gets from some of the more virulent TANoids.

what on earth are you talking about?? What fact? From where?

Ok lets start again

What time in the video did Shehu make mention of the All eyes on Africa TV programme

Obiagelli:

I found myself having to read alot more into this situation that I would have liked.

The statement was issued to Thisday - the only mention of the tv programme was made by FFK in the THisday article reporting on it. .

This is exactly where other newspapers will have gotten quotes from the statement - anything further to what was posted in Thisday is clearly speculation.

Why haven't we even seen an exact copy of the email and statement sent to Thisday self? This would have cleared the issue up immediately.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
God forbid I believe anything APC says. How can a party resort to lying and bare faced lying?

As in open eye lies?

Tufiakwa

4 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Good.

As I said earlier, Garba Shehu should have been fired pronto.
I clearly has questions to answer from your premium times post, he should tell the world if he actually sent that press release and do the honourable thing. I support Gmb fully but fake pictures/release from Garba is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Garba Shehu (in his own words): ""...pictures don't lie. From yesterday, we had pictures of General Buhari at the immigration in London on his feet. And thereafter we have had pictures...he met ex-prime minister Blair. After that ...before that, he had had an interview with a local television station and had met Nigerians in the diaspora in the UK..."

DOES KEMI FADOJUTIMI OWN A LOCAL TELEVISION STATION IN LONDON?? IS HERS THE ONLY LOCAL TV STATION IN LONDON? DID HE SAY HER NAME?? DID HE SPECIFICALLY SAY HERS WAS THE INTERVIEW HE HAD? AS I ASKED BEFORE HOW DID YOU TAKE 1 AND 1 AND MAKE IT 222?

He said pictures don't lie, and listed a number of the Generals activities, he shouldn't have to apologise for Nigerians not being able to comprehend.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 12:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

Ok lets start again

What time in the video did Shehu make mention of the All eyes on Africa TV programme

I found myself having to read alot more into this situation that I would have liked.

The statement was issued to Thisday - the only mention of the tv programme was made by FFK in the THisday article reporting on it. .

This is exactly where other newspapers will have gotten quotes from the statement - anything further to what was posted in Thisday is clearly speculation.

Why haven't we even seen an exact copy of the email and statement sent to Thisday self? This would have cleared the issue up immediately.

Shehu mentioned a local TV station, when he provided a time-line of activity in the UK.
Must everything be broken down for you in a piece-meal fashion?

Remember you asked me for proof the last time we had this discussion... before falling back on pedantry, which I really had little regard for.
I simply present the facts and move on. I leave it up to others to get emotionally tied up and bent out of shape.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I clearly has questions to answer from your premium times post, he should tell the world if he actually sent that press release and do the honourable thing. I support Gmb fully but fake pictures/release from Garba is unacceptable.

To your credit, you have adopted a more objective stance here.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

Ok lets start again

I was expecting exact email from this editor too. Either Garba or premium times has to clear the air on that press release.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Shehu mentioned a local TV station, when he provided a time-line of activity in the UK.
Must everything be broken down for you in a piece-meal fashion?

Remember you asked me for proof the last time we had this discussion... before falling back on pedantry, which I really had little regard for.
I simply present the facts and move on. I leave it up to others to get emotionally tied up and bent out of shape.

So local tv station = Kemi Fadojutimi All eyes on Africa television programme?

Is this a Yoruba or Hausa translation of the English language?
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

I was expecting exact email from this editor too. Either Garba or premium times has to clear the air on that press release.

It also annoys me that the statement wasn't just issued directly to the public, I will understand that APC cannot spend time debunking myths especially when the origin is from people like Fayose or FFK.

Here is the Thisday post

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-to-speak-on-economy-insecurity-at-chatham-house/202589/

They've edited it a few times so it's different from the original article - but again the only mention made of Kemi's Tv programme is from FFK, as far as I can see FFK and Fayose have been arguing with themselves.

The argument has now come away from whether or not he did a talk at Chatham house to the photographs being evidence he was in hospital.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

It also annoys me that the statement wasn't just issued directly to the public, I will understand that APC cannot spend time debunking myths especially when the origin is from people like Fayose or FFK.

Here is the Thisday post

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-to-speak-on-economy-insecurity-at-chatham-house/202589/

They've edited it a few times so it's different from the original article - but again the only mention made of Kemi's Tv programme is from FFK, as far as I can see FFK and Fayose have been arguing with themselves.

The argument has now come away from whether or not he did a talk at Chatham house to the photographs being evidence he was in hospital.
Now this is interesting, only Garba and premium times can clear the air on this.
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by TheOtherview: 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

So local tv station = Kemi Fadojutimi All eyes on Africa television programme?

Is this a Yoruba or Hausa translation of the English language?

You do not want to start using indecorous language with me. It won't end well if we go down that road.

Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (right) with the Chief Executive Officer, All Eyes on Africa TV Show, Kemi Fadojutimi (left), during Buhari’s Working Visit to the United Kingdom. (Pictorial Press Release)
Source: http://newsdiaryonline.com/pictures-buhari-moves-debunk-fayoses-hospital-claims-appears-tv-show-uk/

Pic 5. APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari addressing Nigerian professionals in the Diaspora in London in continuation of his working visit to the UK on Saturday, 21 February, 2015.

Signed:
Garba Shehu
Directorate of Media and Publicity
APC Presidential Campaign Organisation
Plot 781 Herbert Macaulay Way
Central Area
Abuja.

Source: http://thisisbuhari.com/photos-buhari-meets-blair/

3 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Truckpusher(m): 12:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

It shouldn't be unacceptable to you when your party has always thrived on lies ,deceit,rumours,and propaganda.

If you know the lies being propagated by APC in the local remote areas of the Niger Delta where 89% of the general population are illiterate local peasant farmers and fishermen you'd be dumbfounded my friend .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by papaejima1: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

You do not want to start using indecorous language with me. It won't end well if we go down that road.

Source: http://newsdiaryonline.com/pictures-buhari-moves-debunk-fayoses-hospital-claims-appears-tv-show-uk/

Haahahaa!
My belle oo.
See finishing!
Queensmith and Obiagelli, over to you.

Did you see the signed Shehu Garba?
Pls can someone teach me to laugh like a dinosaur?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
TheOtherview:

Now I know you're intentionally winding me up.

Does anybody else have direct quotes from APC on this photograph issue?
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

Now this is interesting, only Garba and premium times can clear the air on this.

It's a bad habit to maintain unnecessary dialogue with your opponents, smear campaigning intentionally tries to draw away focus from the positive moves you make.

I don't blame them for not directly responding but it will have helped - though I'm sure Fayose will have found something else to say. Like Ayedee suggesting Buhari bribed Chatham house to host him.

I haven't seen a branch of government look more like a bunch of circus clowns!
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by cross50(m): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Irony is when someone who banned NANS and didn't build a single school in his 20 months in office, criticises GEJ who built 9 universities in 20 months."
I can name 9 Universities and 50 Almajiri schools President Jonathan built in his first 20 months in office. I will offer ₦10,000 to any Buhari supporter who can name just one school General Buhari built in his 20 months as a military dictator.
I can name hundreds of scholarships GEJ gave students in his 1st 20 months. I offer ₦5,000 to Buhari fans to name a scholarship he gave.
I can name many critics Buhari jailed and banned in his 20 months in power. I offer ₦5k to Buhari fans to name a critic in jail under GEJ.
I can name 10 female ministers that President Goodluck Jonathan appointed in his first 20 months in office. I offer ₦10,000 to anyone who can name one woman Gen Buhari appointed as a minister during his 20 months as Nigeria's military dictator.
Fuel was increased, we protested and the price was reduced. What happened to those who protested against the Lekki Toll Gate? They were beaten by the ‘change agents.’ Was the toll reduced?
When we see change, we know one.
A 73 year old unrepentant bigoted coupist is not the change we need. Nigeria is presently transforming for the better,
Buhari and his vicious followers should keep their change!

5 Likes

Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by frankyychiji(f): 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
Obiagelli:

hehehe...
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by Rad1cal: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2015
queensmith:

Now I know you're intentionally winding me up.

Does anybody else have direct quotes from APC on this photograph issue?

Kobojunkie, is this you ? grin
Re: I Was Conned By APC, Lai Mohammed And Shehu Garba - Guardian Editor by queensmith: 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
no

(1) (2) (Reply)

Service Chiefs Pocket N1.72M Monthly, N20.6M Annually As Salary / Gov. Sanwo Olu Seen Praying At Home With His Wife (beautiful Photos) / Abductions: Senate Probes FG’s $20m Safe School Initiative Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.