Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Jega's Likely Successor Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega's Likely Successor Revealed (1498 Views)

Oshiomhole Picks Godwin Obaseki As His Successor? / Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Adetunji Ogunwusi: The Most Likely Successor As Ooni Of Ife, By Soji Bamidele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by 9jagistonline(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
The on-going rumours regarding the removal of Prof Attahiru Jega will not cease soon, as a national daily has now learnt that the Federal Government have shortlisted 4 possible candidates to replace the INEC boss.
One of the national dailies ThePunch learnt from inside sources that Jega might be asked to hand over to one of the commissioners in INEC and also proceeds on a three-month terminal leave.
On February 11 during the presidential media chat, President Goodluck Jonathan gave Nigerians the assurance that he had no plan to remove the INEC chairman from office. The president’s guarantee came at a time when rumor was rife that government had perfected plans to remove Jega.
But some stakeholders who spoke after the interview had dismissed the President’s reassurances as not holding water, adding that the laws of the land do not confer on the president powers to remove the INEC chairman.
On Friday, the Supervising Minister of Information, Mr. Edem Duke, had also gave the assurance that the President had no plan to sack Jega.
“On the issue of the INEC chairman, I align myself with what the President said that he has no plan to sack the INEC chairman.
“That is not to say that if it is time for the INEC chairman to naturally exit his office, then the natural course of things will not take place.
“It is like saying a civil servant has done 35 years or achieved the age of 60; we now begin to say that he must not retire or he must retire,” Duke had said.
Earlier, there had been reports that Prof. Femi Mimiko, brother of the Governor of Ondo State, Olusegun Mimiko, had been pencilled in for the position. But investigations by The Punch confirmed that the former Vice Chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State was no longer in contention.
Sources said the national commissioners that might take over from Jega could come from a list made up of Dr. Mohammed Wali from Sokoto State, Mrs. Amina Zakari from Jigawa State, Colonel Mohammed Kurmi Hammanga (rtd.) from Adamawa State and Dr. Ishmael Igbani from Rivers State.
It was learnt that the person that would take over would act as chairman till June 30 when the tenure of Jega would expire.
The Federal Government, it was learnt, had decided against appointing an ‘outsider’ because preparations for the elections had reached an advanced stage.
Investigations further showed that the FG had yet to decide on whether to appoint the acting chairman from the North-West, where Jega hails from or to take the post to another zone...Continue Reading[/http://www.9jagistonline.com/jegas-likely-successor-revealed/]

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
jega must go, buhari will die waiting for aso rock

1 Like

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Taylor86:
jega must go, buhari will die waiting for aso rock
You have a very great determination to remain foolish and gullible...keep it up tailor.....

5 Likes

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
wakacome:
You have a very great determination to remain foolish...keep it up..
wakacome always following my posts, guess he's inlove, sorry bro am not gay try derenle

1 Like

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Taylor86:
wakacome always following my posts, guess he's inlove, sorry bro am not gay try derenle
grin Actually am concerned about your stupidity,your foolishness,am concerned about the fact that between my dog and you I do not know who is more useless,am concerned about your low IQ,your ill manners,your cluelessness,the list goes on and on..

4 Likes

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
wakacome:
grin Actually am concerned about your stupidity,your foolishness,am concerned about the fact that between my dog and you I do not know who is more useless,am concerned about your low IQ,your ill manners,your cluelessness,the list goes on and on..
I wasn't brought up to be insultive and mannerless, I guess been stewpid and daft is ur hubby, ride on bro it's good for ur type

1 Like

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
Taylor86:
I wasn't brought up to be insultive and mannerless, I guess been stewpid and daft is ur hubby, ride on bro it's good for ur type
You claim you are not brought up to be insultive but you insulted buhari who is old enough to be your grand father...you said he will die,is that a good thing to say to someone who is old to be your father??is that not stupidity??after I gave you the medicine to your stupidity you are now claiming gentle man...next time you will learn to respect elders.....give me ur dad's number let me call him so that I can advice him on how he can flog you.....grin

1 Like

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by Aliyubest(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
wakacome:
You claim you are not brought up to be insultive but you insulted buhari who is old enough to be your grand father...you said he will die,is that a good thing to say to someone who is old to be your father??is that not stupidity??after I gave you the medicine to your stupidity you are now claiming gentle man...next time you will learn to respect elders.....give me ur dad's number let me call him so that I can advice him on how he can flog you.....grin
cool shocked see how you humble that tailor without him noticing [size=8pt][/size] grin

1 Like

Re: Jega's Likely Successor Revealed by pappykay6666(m): 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Do you know you can actually get comfort and prestige at a very cheaper rate. Instead of jumping from one painted taxi to another you can actually hire our 2014 brand new fleet of cars for N 1,500(one thousand five hundred naira) within Abuja city centre

Cars available
1. 2 pieces of Hyundai sonata 2014 models
2. 2 pieces of Toyota Corolla 2014 models
3. 1 Hyundai bus.

Note: our airport pick up goes for N 5,000
Our airport drop off goes for N 4,000

Pls contact Kay for more info.
Whatsapp mobile : 09039360928
Mobile number. : 08090999020
Black berry pin. : 2BA6D672

(1) (Reply)

Atiku: This Is What GEJ And I Discussed / Buhari Wins In Abuja Barracks-------punch / BREAKING: INEC REC, Wife, Children Killed In “strange” Fire Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.