Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate (2144 Views)

Fayose Challenges Buhari To Try Yobe INEC REC Over Alleged N15m Bribe / ‘I Will Pay The Cost’, Jonathan Challenges buhari To A Chatham House Debate / Buhari Gets Listed On Chatham House Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by ShehuAba(m): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has
challenged the presidential candi­
date of the All Progressives
Congress (APC), General
Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to a
presidential debate at the Chatham
House, London.

Jonathan, in a letter to Buhari
through his Non-Governmental
Organization, the Wind of Hope
Foundation, signed by its National
Coordinator, Mr. Ono Akpe, said he
was ready to sponsor Buhari to
participate in the debate.

The APC presidential candidate had
earlier rejected taking part in a
debate put together for presidential
candidates for the forthcoming
general elections by the Nigerian
Elections Debate Group (NEDG),
citing the composition of the body
as reason for his refusal.

Jonathan said Buhari’s presentation
finally acknowledged the
achievements of his administration
in growing the nation’s economy to
becoming the largest in Africa, with
a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of
$510 billion and maintaining a
single digit inflation regime.

Jonathan’s letter to Buhari read in
part: “Your Excellency, we wish to
congratulate you on your recent visit
to the United Kingdom where you
delivered a speech at Chatham
House, London, on Thursday,
February 26, 2015.

“Your speech at the event is clearly
a source of motivation for your
supporters who in recent times
seem to have lost steam in their
aggressive marketing of your
candidacy for the office of President.

The author of the said speech must
be commended because your
presentation finally acknowledged
the achievements of the present
government in growing our economy
to be the largest in Africa, with a
GDP of $510 billion and maintaining
a single digit inflation regime.

“However, your actions or may we
say, your party’s action with regards
to the entire concept and aim of the
forum, calls to question, your refusal
to accede to request for a
presidential debate here at home in
Nigeria.

“In our quest to deepen democracy,
which thrives on robust and
constructive deliberations that aid
the electorate in making informed
decisions, Wind of Hope hereby chal­
lenges (or offers you a platform to
debate) your excellency, to a debate
with the incumbent President
Goodluck Jonathan before the
forthcoming elections at Chatham
House where you were so obviously
at ease before your ‘supporters’ and
the international media.

“We wish to state further, our
readiness to fully sponsor such a
forum. All we ask is that you state
your preferred date and time.

http://abusidiqu.com/i-will-pay-the-cost-jonathan-challenges-buhari-to-a-chatham-house-debate/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Sodiumdawg: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
OGA JONAAAAA!

E JUST WAN CORNER BUHALI ANY WHICH WAY!

BUT, IM FOR REAVE DIS OLD MAN NAA!

ABI?

JONA AND FRIENS,

BUHALI NA THLEAT?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Chukwu94: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
That would be 'wow'.
But why don't they do it in nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by ammyluv2002(f): 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sodiumdawg:
Meaning? grin
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Consider that day a day english and grammar will be laid to rest permanently.. Anything but Buhari..

#NeverAgain

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Oklander: 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lol, make una dey deceive una self.
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Sodiumdawg: 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Meaning? grin

EHEEEN?

I BOOK SPACE NAA!

WETIN?
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Bekwarra(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
This one na murder case.
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by ammyluv2002(f): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sodiumdawg:

EHEEEN?

I BOOK SPACE NAA!

WETIN?

Okay! Congratulations grin grin
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by madridguy(m): 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buhari giving the outgoing president and his crew headache since .....................

Sai Buhari
APC.....Victory is ours..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Sodiumdawg: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Okay! Congratulations grin grin

*BLUSHES*

WHY, THANKS LUV!

IN ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT,

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Trut(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Following...
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Bright4(m): 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
Pure madness is when you manage to charge ur phone with ur nebo's gen and return to ur dark room to tweet PDP. I have decided to march4change.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Rawani: 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Jonathan was REALLY wounded by that Chatham performance, and needs to lick his wounds. I don't expect Gen. Buhari to respond to this weak excuse for a d1ck-measuring contest. Jonathan should concentrate on good governance and releasing that full NNPC report by Wednesday.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by ammyluv2002(f): 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sodiumdawg:

*BLUSHES*

WHY, THANKS LUV!

IN ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT,

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
Hahahahahahaha *smh*
Btw, are you a Chelsea fan? Cause you seem very happy
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by slightlyMad(f): 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
ppl dey talk gej sef wan talk, see snail wey dey claim say him too get horn
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by menesheh(m): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Confirmed
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by menesheh(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Guagauuu
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by killuminati(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
GEJ Mumu! #NeverAgain.. We are not going back to Chatham, #NeverAgain grin

Na by force?! We don't debate with a brainless Baboon.. Mumu go and debate with D'Banj (no long thing 2x) grin

#NeverAgain

#Change!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by ishiamu(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
up gej down buhari

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by killuminati(m): 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
slightlyMad:
ppl dey talk gej sef wan talk, see snail wey dey claim say him too get horn
grin

#NeverAgain... The clueless guy should go and chat D'Banj aka kokomaster grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by CyberWolf: 7:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
That will be interesting...Bros J wan kill pa B.. grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Sodiumdawg: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Hahahahahahaha *smh*
Btw, are you a Chelsea fan? Cause you seem very happy

ACTUALLY, I AM!
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Rad1cal: 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
See set-up. Pa Buhari gats debate by fire by force cheesy

If Pa Buhari reject this one, e sure say him be confirm mugu wey dey fear Bros J.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by san316(m): 7:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
This PDP people with copy copy. FFK say to go UK na show of shame for APC but now na dem want make PDP and APC go prove who sabi show of shame pass.

Shame on PDP. No debate for una, GMB pass una power.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by ammyluv2002(f): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sodiumdawg:

ACTUALLY, I AM!
Congrats
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by SOBSISRAEL(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
Good
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Habakus: 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
This guy Buhari keeps running away from debates...I wonder why. One day these debates he has been avoiding will catch up with him and we'll know exactly what he has been hiding.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by lovat(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
This is an issue APC will never want to happen this march.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by dre11(m): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Jonathan, in a letter to Buhari
through his Non-Governmental
Organization, the Wind of Hope
Foundation, signed by its National
Coordinator, Mr. Ono Akpe, said he
was ready to sponsor Buhari to
participate in the debate.

Nah which kind mushrooms NGO be this
Trying to feel relevant in this election time
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by igbokwesampson(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bright4:
Pure madness is when you manage to charge ur phone with ur nebo's gen and return to ur dark room to tweet PDP. I have decided to march4change.
Trut:
Following...

Stupidity is when you think that because your state Governor has failed to step down power already generated by FG using transformers hence putting you in darkness means that every single nairalander charges with Generator, for your information I don't own a GEN neither my neighbors cos we got no use for it as we enjoy at least 15hours power daily.
Re: Jonathan Challenges Buhari To A Chatham House Debate by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buhari can't stand GEJ..... Olevel and PhD no be mate....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo To March For Buhari, Ambode In Lagos / This Guy Should Be Found And Arrested Immediately / Spot The Difference Between GEJ And Pmb's Visit To The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.