Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming (1746 Views)

How To Combine Multiple Pdfs Into One On A Linux System / Can I Combine Programming And Fashion Designing? / Institution For Website Design And Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by mubitechnology: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
pls how can I combine my studies and programming, I have beening learning this programming especially scripting language like html, css, php and javascript since 2013 but it seem am not putting much time to it due to my studies, guys I need you help
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
it's easy, combine them in one. Make Computer Science your major.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by GodMode: 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:
it's easy, combine them in one. Make Computer Science your major.

I like computers does not mean I must study CS... I dislike physics, chemistry, maths e.t.c
But today with persistent training I can code and I did not make CS my major..

If the OP can schedule his coding to 1hr daily its ok... His in school and would have loads of courses to study...
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
GodMode:

I like computers does not mean I must study CS... I dislike physics, chemistry, maths e.t.c
But today with persistent training I can code and I did not make CS my major..

If the OP can schedule his coding to 1hr daily its ok... His in school and would have loads of courses to study...

In the end it would pay off though what I recommend are the following majors for him:

Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by GodMode: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

In the end it would pay off though what I recommend are the following majors for him:

Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems

There are others in his shoes... who wouldn't like anything CS but like computers..

What do u mean by it would pay off
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 10:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
GodMode:

There are others in his shoes... who wouldn't like anything CS but like computers..

What do u mean by it would pay off

What I meant bros is that you can take an engineering/science degree with you anywhere in the world because it pays off.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by GodMode: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:

What I meant bros is that you can take an engineering/science degree with you anywhere in the world because it pays off.

U can use programming anywhere in the world... Most programmers are self employed..
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
GodMode:

U can programming anywhere in the world... Most programmers are self employed..
'

Yes, that's because they make more money being self-employed than working for a company.

Let's use U.S. salaries as an example

Why make $140,000 a year (about $66 USD/hr) when you can make ($110 USD/hr) as a private contractor doing everything from.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by GodMode: 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fulaman198:
'

Yes, that's because they make more money being self-employed than working for a company.

Let's use U.S. salaries as an example

Why make $140,000 a year (about $66 USD/hr) when you can make ($110 USD/hr) as a private contractor doing everything from.

My point is a Computer degree doesn't matter in programming.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by mubitechnology: 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Am currrently a computer engineering student in kaduna polytechnic, am currently giving programming one hour each day, but I need more advice from you guys
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2015
mubitechnology:
Am currrently a computer engineering student in kaduna polytechnic, am currently giving programming one hour each day, but I need more advice from you guys

What kind of advice? You are on the right path.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by mubitechnology: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thank you falaman

1 Like

Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
mubitechnology:
Thank you falaman

You are welcome man

First priority just worry about your studies, as time progresses your major will address more complex/advanced areas that it will all come naturally. Computer Engineers are amazing.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
the only other thing I recommend is possibly going to a better school for comp. engineering to further your education. I'm not saying Kaduna Polytechnic is bad, but you could certainly apply yourself more at other schools. What are you 17 or 18? You have a lot of time ahead to develop yourself into the Engineer you want to be. I can tell you once you are in my age range late 20s/early 30s you will be well made and be able to do anything you want in the realm of technology.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by chim14(m): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2015
you can do this easily if u're a parttime student and u work as a computer tutor or ur courses are mathematically inclined and if are a multi-tasking individual.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Descartes: 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Programming requires a lot of time and sometimes one gets carried away. At least 12hrs a day for the next 120 days.Also pick your area of interest among the available programming languages;preferable the likes of Java, PHP, ASP.net and Sql.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Abdulhakeem1(m): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2015
Which nigerian university teaches comp sc best with lot of programming.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by IDGAF(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
Amazed 2 find such thread.It's lyk mubitetechnology knows wat has been bodering me all along.Faced wit thesame issues bro.The bitter truth is programming and computer related affairs needs a lot of time dedication,why do u tink d lyks of Bill Gates,Aaron Swartz,Michael Dell,Steve Jobs,Linus Torvald(If I am ryt) nd a whole lots of odas had 2 bcome dropouts inorder 2 focus.Dude,aint advicing u 2 do same,but programming is complex and its hard 2 serve 2 masters at d same tym.What u r studying(Comp Engineering) is hardware,nt abt programming.My advice,focus on sch,get ur degree.U can alwys continu frm where u left in programming.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
IDGAF:
Amazed 2 find such thread.It's lyk mubitetechnology knows wat has been bodering me all along.Faced wit thesame issues bro.The bitter truth is programming and computer related affairs needs a lot of time dedication,why do u tink d lyks of Bill Gates,Aaron Swartz,Michael Dell,Steve Jobs,Linus Torvald(If I am ryt) nd a whole lots of odas had 2 bcome dropouts inorder 2 focus.Dude,aint advicing u 2 do same,but programming is complex and its hard 2 serve 2 masters at d same tym.What u r studying(Comp Engineering) is hardware,nt abt programming.My advice,focus on sch,get ur degree.U can alwys continu frm where u left in programming.

Steve Jobs was never a programmer
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
IDGAF:

You take a few computer science programming classes in your first two years in the comp engineering programme. It's in your last two years that upper division classes get a bit different.

Electrical engineers, Computer Engineers, and Computer Scientists should all be versed in at least one language.

If you are studying computer engineering you are probably thinking of embedded systems. If you are studying computer science you can switch the focus to software engineering which is very heavily programming focused.
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by IDGAF(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
Fulaman198:

Steve Jobs was never a programmer
He was a computer sales man/businessman.I said "Computer programming and computer related affairs" That was why I mentioned him
Re: How Can I Combine My Studies And Programming by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
IDGAF:

He was a computer sales man/businessman.I said "Computer programming and computer related affairs" That was why I mentioned him

Oh ok

(1) (Reply)

I Am Willing To Pay Handsomely For This. / Interesting C# And Dot Net Core Projects / What Are Factors To Consider When Hiring A Software Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.