Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Glitches - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Glitches (43808 Views)

[story] Glitches…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:38pm On May 19, 2015
harjibolar10:
After like 7th trying and fail, I'm finally here now... never underestimate the power of mention jhoor bros

Honestly, you gat a nice and scintillating story here, I followed this story some weeks after its inception, With the hope of reading it at my leisure time, but I don't know why(then), I always find it so hard to proceed after the first update, and thank God I didn't then oo, cos if I did mehn.. . I wouldn't be here by now.. . Because the suspense was killing, and me I don't like too much suspense, as I'm allergic to it...

Now here I am, Oga ade, I don't get to know that story of this kind can be captivating ooo, Kudos bros

Make I call my always-want-to-read friend, and I know this will keep her busy for the main time
Franchris! Franchris! ! Franchris!! !
Come here ooo
harjibolar10:
Bros, abeg no vex say I wan turn your thread to a campaign ground oooo... I dey on ma kneel bros.. .. *winks*
TODAY THE VOTING OF MISS NAIRALAND ELIMINATION ROUND 1 COMMENCES AND TWO OF OUR LITERATURE-LANDERS ARE PARTICIPATING..THEY ARE ONE OF US, LET US SHOW THEM SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK
https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI cc:nljega
Tanx for your coperation
Lol... So you hail me so that you go do campaign shey? No wahala, since na our person, we go vote for her.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:43pm On May 19, 2015
Ann2612:
Me 4 ooo
Silensa:

me three. What is really keeping you?
gucciangel:
Ade what's the problem na? no more updates . Have been checking all day. Pls come n update
encubed:

Me too o cry
I'm sorry people, sometimes i just get unnecessarily lazy, plus writer's block.
Re: Glitches by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 19, 2015
HELLO MY FELLOW LITERATURELANDERS, THIS IS ADEH39, SHE'S ONE OF THE LADIES CONTESTING FOR THE MISS NAIRALAND POSITION. I WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG AND SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU ALL....... YOU GUYS REALLY MADE MY DAY. I MADE IT TO THE THIRD ROUND!!!!!!!!!! I GOT THE SIXTH POSITION...... 122 VOTES. I DIDN'T DO IT ALONE, YOU WERE THE ONES THAT MADE IT POSSIBLE. I AM REALLY HAPPY. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. YOU GUYS ARE ONE IN A TRILLION. PLEASE I STILL NEED YOUR SUPPORTS...... TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY! PLEASE PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE TOMORROW TOO. PLEASE LITERATURELANDERS ARE MORE THAN 122, KINDLY CAST YOUR VOTES FOR ME TOMORROW. 122 VOTES WON'T TAKE ME TO THE NEXT ROUND TOMORROW!!!! PLEASE I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN DO IT, YOU MADE IT HAPPEN LAST YEAR, MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS YEAR TOO. PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY VOTING FOR ME.
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2015
adegwurulez:

I'm sorry people, sometimes i just get unnecessarily lazy, plus writer's block.

***goes inside, gets my gun ready***
Re: Glitches by Doughyeenbae(f): 8:44am On May 20, 2015
Nice one ade
been thinking of doing chop and clean mouth...buh I just had to drop this....
I like the way u flow....words into sentences......more data to simcard...... and I bind writers block by fire...well done...
Re: Glitches by Onemansquad(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2015
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2 must make it to the finals. They are in the semi- final already, and only your vote could make the progress to the final. Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count. These two ladies are users of this section, let the crown return to the literature section... Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland- contest-2015-final/2
Re: Glitches by Pukka36(f): 2:39pm On May 20, 2015
adegwurulez:

You cant hate him. In the jungle, only fittest survive.
Then M'afraid,He has to die!!!sad
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2015
The warehouse housing Zhirkov and his SVR agents was a beehive of activities. The operation was folding up and last minute issues were been trashed out. He’ll be leaving in a private jet while his other agents will go back to the SVR safehouse in Abuja, all other agents except Michael. He had reported Michael’s case of insubordination to Dmitri Semak at base command and he had given him a simple command, ‘take care of him’.

‘Take care of him’ could mean different things to different people but in their line of occupation it meant only one thing, killing someone. Ever since he was inducted into SVR, Dmitri had been keeping a close eye on Michael, albeit secretly. Lately he had been noticing that Michael’s pride was pushing him to destruction. He was a ticking time bomb and if not taken care of on time, he will take the organization down with himself. He had wanted to take care of Michael himself when they return from the operation but he had a rethink when he received Zhirkov’s call. Nigeria would provide the perfect opportunity for him to be reunited with his ancestors.

As was his habit of late, Michael was having an agent give him a massage. Even though there was no professional masseur in the house, Michael always enjoyed Ignashevi doing those bits. The dude had a soft hand like a female’s and he was good with oils. When Zhirkov stormed into the room, he watched the two in utter disgust.

‘’Ignashevi you just know how to loosen the nuts at the right spots, who taught you this?’’ Michael asked.

‘’before my incarceration, my wife always had trouble sleeping and I’ll always massage her back till she finally falls asleep.’’

‘’Quite odd that you’re doing it to a guy, yeah?’’

Ignashevi stopped what he doing and turned towards the direction where the voice came from, Zhirkov was standing there.

‘’Would you excuse us?’’ Zhirkov ordered Ignashevi and he quickly ran out.

‘’you’re making it a habit of spoiling my fun.’’ Michael reminded zhirkov.

‘’fun! You think we came here to have fun?’’

‘’Well, word has been going around that we’ve succeeded in our operation and will be going back to Russia so I thought, fuc.k this! Gotta catch some fun.’’

Zhirkov wasn’t surprised that Michael had somehow learnt of his plan to travel, he always had his ways.

‘’that’s why I came to see you.’’ He dropped a gun on the chair Michael was sitting on. ‘’I wanted to give you the privilege of killing the prisoner before we leave.’’

Michael cast the gun a very long look before picking it up. He got up and walked hurriedly to where Jeremy was been kept. He had been waiting for long to do this, and nothing will bring him greater joy than the prospects of being the one to put a bullet in Jeremy’s skull. Zhirkov had to run to keep up with the pace of Michael who seemed to have gotten a lot of energy from his recent massage. When they reached the door, somebody was already there and he input the password before opening the door for Michael who stormed in like a Lion who had seen its prey. He saw Jeremy curled into a ball at the far end of the room, having a nap. He headed there and grabbed Jeremy by his shirt’s collar and drew him up, he grabbed his neck and pushed him back until he pinned him to the wall.

‘’You have been a pain in my butt for so long, now I’m going to return the favour.’’

He pointed the gun at Jeremy’s head and pulled the trigger.

‘’Click...’’ the gun responded. He pulled the trigger again and again but he still got the same result, there was no bullet in the gun. He turned angrily to see Zhirkov outside the room with an expressionless face.

‘’What the hell is this?’’ he asked but got no reply. He ran to the door but it was locked.

‘’The organization has lost faith in you.’’ Zhirkov announced. ‘’you still have the opportunity of killing the prisoner but you will also be dead after 30minutes. I’ve placed a bomb in this building and its set to go off in the next 30minutes.’’

‘’You sonofabitch.’’ Michael cursed.

‘’I’d have loved to watch the fight but I have a flight to catch, plus I wouldn’t like to be here when this whole building goes down.’’ he smiled and walked out boisterously.

‘’what the hell do you mean by he went after the disc?’’ Aaron asked Newton with a harsh tone.

‘’Well after you came back from bobby’s place, you started acting secretly. I got inquisitive and hacked your phone to see if I could find any clue. That was when I saw Falcon’s phone number in your ‘call history’, I quickly ran to check the disc and it was nowhere to be found. I couldn’t trust anybody again so I called the subject and told him about my discovery. He warned me to keep it between us before he went after the disc.’’

‘’God what have you done?’’ Aaron cried out.

Newton looked bemused. He felt he should be the one asking Aaron that question. They had just caught him red-handed transacting business with the enemy and he was still asking questions.

Kingsley sighed loudly before speaking. ‘’Newton we had everything under control. The disc we gave to Falcon has a self destruct virus in it. As soon as I activate it, it will permanently destroy the disc and any device it has been played on. Even if you copy the disc to another storage location, the virus will still replicate and infect the new device.’’

‘’But why did you give the disc to him in the first place?’’ Stella asked. ‘’you could have just told him to go to hell. What did he say to you?’’

Aaron couldn’t answer the question, he just kept quiet. ‘’Falcon said he was catching a flight to Russia and if I know Greg very well, he would do anything to get that disc, including boarding that plane.’’

‘’I don’t know if he’ll try to board a plane, I gave him the address to Falcon’s hideout.’’ Newton said.

‘’You did?’’ Segun asked. ‘’How did you get that?’’

‘’When he kidnapped Stella, I tried tracking her phone but I had no luck. When we were in Ogbanike hill’s security department, her GPS suddenly came online. I tracked it till I got an address. I wanted to give Aaron the address but before we could get back, stella was already at home.’’

‘’I need to be on the air.’’ Aaron exclaimed.

‘’there’s a private jet i rented few weeks back, it’s In a private hanger 10minutes from here, I could give my boys a call to prep the jet but you’ll need a pilot, my guy is out of town.’’

‘’I don’t need a pilot when I have Tobi.’’

‘’No! This is a suicide mission, NATO will bring down any plane they see in this airspace. I can’t risk it.’’

Aaron turned to Kingsley ‘’I need you to be in NATO’s communications system, do everything you can to protect us.’’

‘’NATO is not your conventional playboy agency which you can hack anytime you like. Let me tell you about security encryption. Banks and other agencies that intend to protect their cyberspace, use the public key encryption. In public key encryption, the passkey for breaking the encryption is safely hidden in a separate location. What hackers do is to simply search for the passkey and then use it to crack the encryption. With NATO, things are different, they employ the biggleman’s safe. It’s like you lock a door and place the key inside. The key to break NATO’s encryption is hidden in the algorithm of the encryption itself. To unlock the door, you have to retrieve the key and to retrieve the key you have to unlock the door. That’s how impossible it Is to crack NATO’S firewall.’’ Kingsley explained.

‘’Well, who said you always need the door to enter the building? You can use the window. My life is in your hands Kingsley, you can use Newton’s help since he’s also an expert in hacking.’’ Aaron poured out, he wasn’t giving up. ‘’Segun I need you to check the address Newton gave the subject but I’m pretty sure he’s aboard that plane. He walked over to Stella and looked her deep in her eyes ‘’whatever happens, just know I never planned to hurt you.’’ he grabbed the resistant Tobi and drew him along.

1 Like

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:10pm On May 20, 2015
Silensa:

***goes inside, gets my gun ready***
Ah! Abeg na, if you kill me who go update?
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2015
Doughyeenbae:
Nice one ade
been thinking of doing chop and clean mouth...buh I just had to drop this....
I like the way u flow....words into sentences......more data to simcard...... and I bind writers block by fire...well done...

Amen! I also bind the spirit of 'chop n clean mouth'
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2015
Onemansquad:
It has started guys. 9am don reach and voting
has started and as agreed, Adeh39 and Aipete2
must make it to the finals. They are in the semi-
final already, and only your vote could make the
progress to the final.
Just type: I vote aipete2, adeh39 Cc: Nljega Your votes count.
These two ladies are users of this section, let the
crown return to the literature section...
Voting thread: http:// www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland-
contest-2015-final/2
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2015
Pukka36:
Then M'afraid,He has to die!!!sad
well, i could give you a gun.
Re: Glitches by Missmossy(f): 9:35pm On May 20, 2015
Kudos Ade,you are still doing a wonderful job on this story. More wisdom to you.

3 Likes

Re: Glitches by jezuzboi(m): 2:57am On May 21, 2015
Felt so good reading 5 episodes in one sitting. If there were more, I 4 don finish am dis night.

Tualleh! 4 #frontpage# making.....,,,,,,

So curator don die true-true? Well, some days are like that. After all, I heard her say something like "PREPARING 4 DEATH" I guess she was well prepared.

Pretty cool story.....,,

And BTW., I think I'm worthy 2 read the Grimoire. I could be the next curator if u don't mind.
Re: Glitches by harjibolar10(m): 5:01am On May 21, 2015
adegwurulez:

Lol... So you hail me so that you go do campaign shey? No wahala, since na our person, we go vote for her.
Don't mind me jaree

Thanks for the update, and also for the vote
Re: Glitches by Pukka36(f): 9:48am On May 21, 2015
adegwurulez:

well, i could give you a gun.
Lol,I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger....tongue

Ur story is xo xo coolcheesy!
Re: Glitches by Gmekx(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2015
Update ooo
Re: Glitches by Silensa(m): 5:35pm On May 21, 2015
adegwurulez:
Ah! Abeg na, if you kill me who go update?

you have been spare cos of this last update, but pray that nothing happens to the subject if not ..........
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:40pm On May 21, 2015
Missmossy:
Kudos Ade,you are still doing a wonderful job on this story. More wisdom to you.
That means alot. thanks!
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:41pm On May 21, 2015
jezuzboi:
Felt so good reading 5 episodes in one sitting. If there were more, I 4 don finish am dis night.

Tualleh! 4 #frontpage# making.....,,,,,,

So curator don die true-true? Well, some days are like that. After all, I heard her say something like "PREPARING 4 DEATH" I guess she was well prepared.

Pretty cool story.....,,

And BTW., I think I'm worthy 2 read the Grimoire. I could be the next curator if u don't mind.
I was about constituting a search party to search for you. Glad you'r back

1 Like

Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:43pm On May 21, 2015
harjibolar10:
Don't mind me jaree

Thanks for the update, and also for the vote
always welcome
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2015
Pukka36:
Lol,I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger....tongue

Ur story is xo xo coolcheesy!
shocked ouch! dont tell me you're a killer
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:46pm On May 21, 2015
Gmekx:
Update ooo
Left home since morning, just returning. I can't guarantee any updates today as i'm very tired right now.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2015
Silensa:

you have been spare cos of this last update, but pray that nothing happens to the subject if not ..........
I can only pray, but i can't guarantee that
Re: Glitches by sweetjenny305(f): 8:28am On May 22, 2015
Love reading this..... God bless you
Re: Glitches by Hector90(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2015
Tank u ade 4 dis dosage *addiction* more pls!
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 6:13pm On May 22, 2015
Michael ran to the glass window and peered into the thin air at the other end. The building had been desolated and he was finding it hard to believe. He knew a day like this would come when the organization would want to do away with him, he had been preparing for that day but he didn’t know it would be so soon. He hit the glass with a very hard punch but even him, knew that was futile, the glass was as hard as diamond. He started thinking of a way out before the bomb would detonate as he was pretty sure they had less than 20minutes. Behind him, he heard knuckles crackle. He turned slowly to see Jeremy cracking every finger on his hands in anticipation of a fight.

‘’Are you ready to meet your death?’’ Jeremy asked. Michael couldn’t hide his amusement as he let out a loud laugh.

‘’You remember what happened the last time you confronted me like this?’’ he asked. ‘’You lost how many teeth, 3?’’

‘’It was 2 you scumbag, but I’m going to repay you in your own coin today. The only difference would be, you are not going to lose only your teeth, you are also going to lose your life.’’

‘’Brave, aren’t you?’’ Michael commended. ‘’I remember when it used to be…’’ he didn’t complete the sentence before a punch landed on his face. He touched the spot with his finger and slowly inspected the damage, he had a slight cut on his lips and a slight pinch of blood was there. This angered Michael as he rushed Jeremy and sent his own punch directly to his solar plexus. The force of the punch threw Jeremy to the ground. While he was still struggling to stand, Michael rushed him up and grabbed his neck, lifted him up and pinned him to the wall. He increased his grip on Jeremy’s neck, chocking him in the process.

‘’You shouldn’t have started a fight you know you wouldn’t win.’’
Jeremy threw his leg aimlessly and it hit Michael on his ball which made him release his grip on Jeremy’s neck making Jeremy to fall to the ground. He kept grasping for breath while Michael lay down with his hands in between his legs, holding his balls. The two men lay on the ground with none making any effort to get up. Just then, while lying on the ground, Michael’s eyes caught a figure moving into the hall clandestinely. At first, he thought it was one of the SVR agents but on a closer look, this one was more of a Neanderthal. His beards were unkept and his clothes weren’t the neatest. Greg had found it difficult getting to this place, all the taxis he stopped where either scared of picking him or didn’t know the place, it was when he was about giving up that a taxi with an old-aged driver pulled over in front of him. When he showed the man the address, he seemed to know the place and he drove Greg on the 15minutes journey.

‘’Hey!’’ Greg suddenly heard. How could he be so careless? Now he had been caught. He quickly turned to where the voice came from only for him to see two men lying on the ground helplessly, they looked like prisoners. He walked towards the room where they were kept.

‘’Defuse the bomb.’’ He heard one the men say.

‘’What bomb?’’ he asked.

‘’At the door.’’

He turned to the door only to see a bomb strapped on it and a timer reading 4:09

‘’How?’’ he asked.

‘’Check the wires, how many are they?’’ Michael asked.

Greg eyed the bomb before replying. ‘’There are three; red, yellow and blue.’’

‘’Okay, check that table over there, there should be a knife in the drawer.’’ Michael pointed at the table in the middle of the hall. Greg rushed over and tried opening the drawer but it was locked.

‘’It’s locked.’’ He announced.

‘’Then break it.’’ Michael shouted.

Greg looked at the timer one more time and it was reading 2:54.

He raised his hand with all his might and struck it on the lock and it broke. Having been living in the jungle for so long, and facing great
challenges, his body had developed to help him conquer those challenges. He quickly dipped his hand into the drawer and started searching for the knife until he suddenly found one. He rushed back to the door only for him to see the timer reading 1:59.

‘’What should I do?’’ he asked.

‘’Cut the yellow wire.’’ Michael instructed.

Greg brought the knife close to the wires but his hands were shivering.

‘’Make sure not to cut any other wire.’’ Michael warned.

‘’it’s the yellow wire right?’’

‘’No…no…no’’ Michael quickly shouted, suddenly remembering his bomb defusing lessons. ‘’It’s the blue one first, cut the blue one.’’
0.42 was the time on the timer.

With shaky hands, he brought the knife closer to the blue wire and cut it.

‘’The timer is still reading, its 10seconds left.’’ Greg announced.

‘’Cut the yellow one.’’

This time, Greg threw all fears through the window and boldly held the yellow wire, before cutting it with the knife.
The timer kept counting.

Then it stopped.

Greg let out a loud sigh. Just then, he heard footsteps approaching the room, he looked round the room and saw a metal container. He ran to it, opened the lid and jumped into it.
Two SVR agents walked into the room.

‘’Hurry, lets pick up the container before the timer elapses.’’ One of them said.

They rushed into the room, grabbed the container which Greg was hiding and quickly ran out with it. They loaded it on their car and sped away with it, Zhirkov had specifically instructed them to come back and get that container as he wasn’t travelling without it. The container was obviously valuable to him, for he valued it more than the lives of his agents.

Commander Bill Cage of the NATO Special Forces stood tall among all his men. They were in their temporal base, inspecting the air space, making sure no aircraft violated their order. On the large screen in front of them, only a red dot could be seen. That was the plane of the Russian diplomats they had given diplomatic pass. His medical team was on ground before its take off to test all passengers that boarded that plane, to make sure they didn’t have the Loman virus. All the tests came back clean. Just as he was watching the plane take off, he spotted another red dot on the screen. Their control tower had picked up heat signature from a plane trying to take off.

‘’bring that up.’’ He pointed at the second red dot. His systems operator zoomed in on the plane.

Commander Cage pointed at one of his men. ’’Connect me to the pilot of that plane.’’ He pointed to another officer, ‘’send it’s coordinates to our fighter jet. I want a fighter Jet on air this moment.’’ He roared.

Kingsley had migrated to his 8th wonder room, as he called it. It was the room in his house he specifically set up for all his illegal computer dealings. The room had next-gen machines and super computers. The room also had a large screen from which they were also monitoring the airspace. They could see Falcon’s plane and Aaron’s plane and then suddenly, another plane appeared on the screen. He punched something on his keyboard and the entire military capabilities of the jet displayed on the screen.

‘’Holy shiiit!’’ he exclaimed as he stared at his screen. He tapped the communication gadget on his ear and the red light on it turned green.

‘’Tobi I think you gat NATO on your tail.’’ He announced.

‘’I see them.’’ Tobi replied.

Stella stood at akimbo as she stared keenly at the screen, Newton was busy trying to hack NATO.
Suddenly, the voice of Commander Cage rang in the room. He was communicating with Tobi but being connected to Tobi’s Coms, Kingsley and everybody in the 8th wonder room could hear him.

‘’Unidentified plane you’re in direct violation of NATO orders. You’re in a restricted airspace and are hereby ordered to land immediately or be shot down.’’

‘’Kingsley how far are you with your hacking activity.’’ Aaron asked.

‘’Not yet there,’’ Kingsley replied. ‘’Buy us more time.’’

‘’I repeat, you’ll be shot down if you do not land immediately.’’ Commander Cage repeated his warning.

‘’Bleep you.’’ Aaron replied him.

Commander Cage disconnected the line immediately. ‘’Get me the fighter jet.’’

‘’On it sir.’’ One of his men replied. ‘’You’re online.’’

‘’This is commander Cage to Boeing x-32, missile launch is a go. I repeat, missile launch is a go.’’

The pilot of the fighter jet imputed his launch codes, acquired and locked the target and pressed a botton with ‘’Launch’’ boldly written on it.
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2015
sweetjenny305:
Love reading this..... God bless you
and bless you too
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 6:17pm On May 22, 2015
Hector90:
Tank u ade 4 dis dosage *addiction* more pls!
^^There you have it
Re: Glitches by adegwurulez(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2015
Started typing with a very low battery and i still beat it... hehe, feeling like a bad guy
Re: Glitches by write2obi(m): 7:12pm On May 22, 2015
cheesy cheesy see action oo, Ade you doing great

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / Perception-A romantic story by Dr Ogo / The Taboo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.