Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,648 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos (37437 Views)

List Of Top 7 Universities In Africa (photos) / Olagunju Funke Iyabo LAUTECH Professor Making Waves In Africa [photos] / Which University Is The Most Beautiful In Nigeria? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
agobentim:
I can see how clueless and un-intellectual most universities vc's act because of this useless ratings. These sites do not rate the academic superiority but only the traffic of the school's website and some vc's will be making noise as if it was their academic prowess that was ranked. This is an open display of their mypiousness and ignorance. For instance, http://www.4icu.org/ng/ recently rank this same covenant 5th ife 2nd and unilag 1st and now webometrics which have gone extinct for some time now is ranking the website of covenant first, so which one we go believe. Beside should vc's and students be making noise about their school website ranking? That is shear stupidity. But the fact still remains that the best schools in Nigeria are the federal universities and even yabatech and kadpoly are better than these private universities. If they can start recruiting lecturers from uk and usa then they can be better not when they are still using our retired profs.

Webometrics does not rank the online traffic, it ranks the school by how much of its self it presents online. We are in an ICT age, the ability of a school to represent all its activities online is very crucial. For example, when you go CU website you will see all research papers, a detailed CV of all the academic staff, all the activities in the school, pictures of all available infrastructure, news about all recent events, breakthroughs and Inventions, student accomplishments and many other things. You would agree with me that the things listed above are the parameters used to determine the quality of a school anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by einsteino(m): 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
mrryon:

Until QS starts ranking ALL the Universities in Africa, we would stick to a ranking system that encompasses all the universities on the continent.

it isn't QS' fault that African universities seem to have a penchant for upload and download only. Our citadels of learning have little or no interest in original and meaningful research, which is one of the crucial factors in QS ranking. Again, our schools are nowhere in terms of infrastructure and academic excellence. A good number of us do not see any reason to study hard, to us education is just a means to an end. it is common to hear us say we study just to pass! in public schools the lecturers see victimizing students and recording mass failure as an accomplishment. on the other hand private unis view graduating mediocre as their landmark, afterall our judgement of the quality of a uni is informed by how many first class and 2-1 the uni produces.

When you factor all these in, african universities would be on the 4000th postion downwards which is deregatory, so inorder for some people not to shout RACISM(our cheap excuse these days) its best they just ignore us in our world.

well thanks to University of Cape town, they did africa proud by taking 151 position in world universities ranking, beating many prestigious UK and Canadian schools.

We should awaken from our slumber.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Acekidc4:

Must you ask for source!! Can't you browse it out online!!

Atleast there is GOOGLE!!

i already tried that on webometrics... didnt find it... so i had to com back and ask you..

besides, the fact that you cant just give me a link shows that u are lying or you just heard it from some one
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by EcashPlanet(f): 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You called for all of these by quoting me in the first place.
Go and tell your father, that fu....cking amoeba headed fool he made a mistake for bringing you into this wall!
And to your mother, the village dog, tell her if she comes to this world in another lifetime, she should always close her legs!
You bloody product of an unfortunate and abominable mating between two airheads!
Fu...ck you and everything you stand for... You nosey ninny!

Hmmm.

Thankfully we both know that you are refering to your parents and your generation yet unborn.

May God grant you the wisdom that you are in dire need of, that is if at all you want it.

Naughty child!
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Laid2001: 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
The same covenant University, whose many HODs are MSc holders! what quality of education are they able to give the graduates.
I still rember the HOD for Petroleum Engineering at the Nigerian SPE conference (NAICE) presenting on a topic that had been left behing more than 30 yrs ago!. His performance was so poor that his PHD supervisor who happens to be the HOD of Petroleum Engineering at Uniben had to get out of the hall in shame, so that people will not be able to ascribe the guy to him!.

If this is the type of University that is best in Nigeria, I would rather my child go to Benin republic for Tertiary Education!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by agobentim: 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
mrryon:

I totally disagree. The term webometriics means web measurement and it ranks the website popularity by the no of visitors to the site. It has nothing to do with academics. Infact it is boldly written on their site that this ranking is not academic ranking.
Webometrics does not rank the online traffic, it ranks the school by how much of its self it presents online. We are in an ICT age, the ability of a school to represent all its activities online is very crucial. For example, when you go CU website you will see all research papers, a detailed CV of all the academic staff, all the activities in the school, pictures of all available infrastructure, news about all recent events, breakthroughs and Inventions, student accomplishments and many other things. You would agree with me that the things listed above are the parameters used to determine the quality of a school anywhere in the world.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by EcashPlanet(f): 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Laid2001:
The same covenant University, whose many HODs are MSc holders! what quality of education are they able to give the graduates.
I still rember the HOD for Petroleum Engineering at the Nigerian SPE conference (NAICE) presenting on a topic that had been left behing more than 30 yrs ago!. His performance was so poor that his PHD supervisor who happens to be the HOD of Petroleum Engineering at Uniben had to get out of the hall in shame, so that people will not be able to ascribe the guy to him!.

If this is the type of University that is best in Nigeria, I would rather my child go to Benin republic for Tertiary Education!

Presently things d to be different from what it used to be. Nowadays in CU, before a unit can stand alone and be called a department, it needs to have a minimum of 5 PhD holders.

What this means is that every department has a minimum of 5 doctors and their HODs cannot have qualifications less than their subordinates.

CU went on a massive recruitment for doctorate degree holders 2 years ago, and have kept the pace up till now.

In general, ths school is better than what it used to be in terms of quality of faculty and other areas.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by ameryzzy(f): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
covenant ko, Oath ni
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by EcashPlanet(f): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
feran14:

i already tried that on webometrics... didnt find it... so i had to com back and ask you..

besides, the fact that you cant just give me a link shows that u are lying or you just heard it from some one

This is the proof you need

[color=#000099][/color]http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/nigeria

Cheers!
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
EcashPlanet:

This is the proof you need

[color=#000099][/color]http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/nigeria

Cheers!

i know that cu is the first in nigria.. i was just asking for proof that cu is 9th by services renderd
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
EcashPlanet:

Why not check the internet for the meaning of that!

Don't mind him...he is probably a CU student undecided

DM? grin grin
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Acekidc4(m): 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
mrryon:

When we talk about teaching staff and quality of professors, UI, OAU, UNILORIN are far ahead of covenant University. That is becuase most professors feel that jobs in the Federal Government is more lucrative and rewarding. However, when we talk about Infrastructure, dedication of staff, quality of graduates, quality of students, I can honestly compare CU with the aforementioned universities.When we talk about research output and number of published papers, Covenant University, despite its young age still compares favorably with other Universities, this is partly becuase the funding to Federal universities is either insufficient, mismanaged or misappropriated.

Thank You for your Honest Intelligent Answer.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by shejane: 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by mystroh(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
Any one who wants to gain admission into Uniben for their applied course or wants to make the jamb cut off of over 220 should contact me 09050989225. If u need any info concerning Uniben you also call. We have helped so many students in the past 6 years.
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Stbottle(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Acekidc4:

See as u dey lie!! Dis ur post na vry big fat lie!!

Discovery Bawo!!
YOUNG MAN, check for urself abi na only NL u get to browse check google
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by Stbottle(m): 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
mumus following mumus, in covenant university, our lecturers are mandated to attend lectures always, but wat is d case in government ones, a lecturer dat wnt even come to class until 3 wks to exams...den come to give AOC for exams, abeg tell me wat knowledge has been passed...i mean if the lecturer does not come for class and students jst read to pass ow den do you want national growth, wen the students dnt know wat they re been taught...wen theres no chance of meeting the lecturer after class...

i av seen som of you blame CU for the strictness and all, if there were no rules and students were behaving anyow wnt u daft and black minded persons still abused dem saying' IMAGINE, A CHRISTAIN SCHOOL WHERE ITS STUDENTS ARE INDISCIPLINED WHERE SOMETHING ND OTHER TRASH U MAY THINK ABOUT IS HAPPENING' now the school has a mission of raising new generation leaders, people wu will rilli know wat they re learning, ow to impact, and where to do so.

i dnt believe there are too many educated persons on NL, u know we might have people wu av gone to school bt still ill-literates, wu dnt think outside the box, wu av no other job dan to abuse a man wu has been pastoring for over 30years widaout failing, abuse a school rating jst bcs its a private one.

if fingers were equal, and u ppl could enroll trust me none of u will be speaking gibberish now.
Covenant university the best in nigeria, and west africa
covenant university #nocultism no indiscipline

the government schools should beat dat.....imagine a school where its students threaten to beat the VC.....why why for christs sake(unilag)

i rep Cu oooo
Re: Covenant University Is The Best In Nigeria And West Africa : Photos by NollywoodFreak: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
Webometrics na scam....how can they say cu has more web presence than unilag.....unilag students wey plenty for twitter pass anything...i noe understand how dem dey do ranking sef....dem con dey give sa numbr 1 for africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anu Yusuf Marries And Graduates Same Day With A First Class Degree In Law / 10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid [part 1] / Sylvester Oromoni’s Sister Celebrates His Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.