Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters (1964 Views)

Buhari Asked To Dump Jonathan’s PIB / Fayose Orders Buhari's Posters Removed In Ekiti / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by TheOtherview: 9:41am On Mar 02, 2015
Kaduna supporters dump Jonathan, merge Yero with Buhari posters

Mar 2, 2015

Supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Kaduna State have dumped President Goodluck Jonathan and merged the party’s governorship candidate, Governor Mukhtar Yero’s posters with All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, in the state.

National Mirror gathered that Yero’s supporters have commenced secret discussion with APC chieftains in the state with a promise to deliver their votes to Buhari in the March 28 presidential poll, while APC supporters should vote for PDP guber candidate, Yero.

However, APC governorship candidate in the state, Nasir el-Rufai, has warned Yero to stay away from Buhari’s posters, saying: “Conscious of their unpopularity, the PDP is now displaying posters of Yero that feature APC presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. It is an admission that PDP’s presidential candidate is not sellable to the electorate, and also demonstrates PDP’s affinity for deception. In the said posters being paraded in the said axis, Yero is paired with Buhari while Mallam el- Rufai is axed with red ink.”

A statement signed by el-Rufai’s campaign spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, said the security agents last Friday night in Zaria and Sabon Gari local government areas, supervised and protected PDP hoodlums as they destroyed billboards and posters of el-Rufai.

“They destroyed all visible campaign materials and replaced them with Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, the incumbent governor. This act of arson comes ahead of the governor’s rally on Saturday in the ancient city.”

The statement reads in part: “Zaria axis is an APC stronghold, as demonstrated by the massive rallies the party held in Sabon-Gari and Zaria local governments.

El-Rufai added: “Since the campaign for the 2015 elections started, Yero has been preaching intolerance and indulging in violence. At the launch of his campaign on January 12, he announced that he had powers to stop el-Rufai from entering Kaduna or leaving his house, which he also threatened to demolish. The audio recording of that statement has gone viral.

“Again, the PDP government in Kaduna State and their commissioned campaigners are currently inciting citizens of the state on religious and ethnic lines against the candidature of both Buhari and el-Rufai. They are also engaging in series of mudslinging aimed at branding APC and its candidates as violenceoriented personalities. They are currently circulating leaflets branding Buhari as hater of Christians along with el-Rufai, thus manipulating the citizenry.

“We will continue to play issue-based politics despite all deliberate attempts and mischief to taint our image and popularity before the good people of Kaduna State. Neither the tonnes of illicit money they are spreading to bribe voters nor the violent actions designed to intimidate and frighten citizens, can save PDP from the coming electoral humiliation in Kaduna State.”

El-Rufai added: “The people of Kaduna State are clearly tired of an incompetent, wasteful government that has proved incapable of leading, performing or delivering public services.”

The state’s PDP chairman, A.G. Haruna, and the party’s public relations officer did not answer their calls.

Source

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by Princecalm(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2015
They want change and not continuity.

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2015
Hhhahahaha!! Foolish people,they want to use Buhari's popularity to get votes. They should have use Namadi Sambo who is from the state instead of Jonathan or is Namadi Sambo not popular in Kaduna state?

Its Buhari/Osinbajo/El-Rufai all the way!!

12 Likes

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by taharqa: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2015
LIES from the usual party.....
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2015
There should be a pictorial evidence all the very least
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by GeneralBosco: 9:59am On Mar 02, 2015
[s]
taharqa:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by kestolove95(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2015
Pdp must go
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by itetemi: 10:23am On Mar 02, 2015
front page

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by kokoA(m): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2015
taharqa:
Mr. Man, it is not unusual to see PDP posters with Buhari's face in the north.. Any northern politician who wants to succeed always associates him/herself with Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by Splashme: 10:28am On Mar 02, 2015
[size=35pt]Useless APCheats Propaganda[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by dre11(m): 10:29am On Mar 02, 2015
They want to use the change movement to win supporters to their side because the all know how it's becoming difficult to sell the GEJ/Sambo ticket to the populace........

PDP and their waygrin

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by abokikhalifa: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2015
I love nigerians sha... They will collect your money but still vote for the right man.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by killuminati(m): 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Splashme:
[size=35pt]Useless APCheats Propaganda[/size]
useless pikin

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
Video or I don't believe undecided
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by bokohalal(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
One PDP psychiatric patient wrote Kaduna State will go 50-50 because of Sambo.
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by vision2022: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
This is just the beginning.
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
27 days more...decision time is fast approaching

Sai Buhari
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by san316(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2015
Yelo is a useless governor. thag is all i care about.
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by kolonigga(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
NEW NATIONAL PLEDGE I pledge 2 Nigeria
my country, 2 remove JONATHAN & SAMBO.
To be gentle,loyal on election day. To vote 4
Buhari wit all my strenght. To protect my
PVC and uphold no violence and trouble,so
help me God.... Somebody say "Amen"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by ZackiGp(m): 2:06pm On Mar 02, 2015
• CocaCola sacked 800 workers last week
• Cadbury is planning to sack 700 staff
• MTN sacked 500
• NESTLE to sack 600 workers
• IDL sacked 200 workers
• MOBIL propose voluntary retirement benefits
• NBL sacked 400 staff
• MANUFACTURERS say they will shut down factories because of the exchange eate and power!!
• Sacking of workers has started in the Banking industry
• The Nigeria exchange rate is now 225+ Naira to a Dollar.
• POWER GENERATION has dropped again 360MW! BLACKOUT NIGERIA

WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT?

ANSWER:
OUR PRESIDENT IS BUSY SHARING DOLLARS AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA TO PASTORS, IMAMS KINGS, POLITICAL ASSOCIATE, MILITANTS AND OTHERS WHILE THE CHILDREN OF AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN POPULACE ARE BEING SACKED FROM WORK.
HIS WIFE IS BUSY CAMPAIGNING FOR HIM.

I agree with all above: What will happen to all the people being laid off? to their children, wives, family? WHAT

When we raise our voices some people see all these as being an APC or PDP issues or being a politician! They ask if am not being too passionate! NO!!! It is OUR issue as NIGERIANS!
We are meant to question a government that is NOT PERFORMING! And performance is tied to reality of what is happening.

We need to stop looking through our mirror of political and religious biases and see things as they are! Nigeria is in a bad state and Nigerians are suffering! I know how I share the little I have with people who under normal circumstances should be buoyant! All this whilst millions of Naira and dollars from our resources are being shared amongst a few and they tell us ..All is okay!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by alaoeri: 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
In a free & fair election, Jona won't win up to 3northern states.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by Dannyset(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Any Nigerian who mean well for this Country won't support Jonathan. Well, except such a person is eating from this corrupt situation we are currently in.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by double0seven(m): 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
I thought this El-Rufai was shouting at a point in time, in the past that Buhari is un-elctable; now he riding on the popularity of Buhari in Kaduna to get in as Governor, even fighting another candidate on who has the right of association to Buhari.

That's why it's always good for one to watch what he says or does.

It's so glaring obvious, the Kaduna PDP governorship candidate is trying to use the popularity of Buhari to garner votes. The GEJ/SAMBO ticket as truly become a liability in the North to PDP governorship aspirants.
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by ibisko04: 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
ZackiGp:
• CocaCola sacked 800 workers last week
• Cadbury is planning to sack 700 staff
• MTN sacked 500
• NESTLE to sack 600 workers
• IDL sacked 200 workers
• MOBIL propose voluntary retirement benefits
• NBL sacked 400 staff
• MANUFACTURERS say they will shut down factories because of the exchange eate and power!!
• Sacking of workers has started in the Banking industry
• The Nigeria exchange rate is now 225+ Naira to a Dollar.
• POWER GENERATION has dropped again 360MW! BLACKOUT NIGERIA

WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT?

ANSWER:
OUR PRESIDENT IS BUSY SHARING DOLLARS AND BILLIONS OF NAIRA TO PASTORS, IMAMS KINGS, POLITICAL ASSOCIATE, MILITANTS AND OTHERS WHILE THE CHILDREN OF AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN POPULACE ARE BEING SACKED FROM WORK.
HIS WIFE IS BUSY CAMPAIGNING FOR HIM.

I agree with all above: What will happen to all the people being laid off? to their children, wives, family? WHAT

When we raise our voices some people see all these as being an APC or PDP issues or being a politician! They ask if am not being too passionate! NO!!! It is OUR issue as NIGERIANS!
We are meant to question a government that is NOT PERFORMING! And performance is tied to reality of what is happening.

We need to stop looking through our mirror of political and religious biases and see things as they are! Nigeria is in a bad state and Nigerians are suffering! I know how I share the little I have with people who under normal circumstances should be buoyant! All this whilst millions of Naira and dollars from our resources are being shared amongst a few and they tell us ..All is okay!
Hope is not lost. Keep raising your voice for the lost may hear and come to their reasoning. Nigeria and her citizens are at cross road, we must not keep our voice low, for if we do, we may head to another wrong direction.
Re: Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters by omenka(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
Now this is really funny!! Na by force?? Lmao! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between The Oba Of Lagos And The Oba Of Benin / So Sad This Is What Is Happening In Nigeria Presently(photo) / Picture Of Amaechi As The Lion Of Ubima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.