Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] (53870 Views)

Original And Quality Foot Wears. / Learn How To Make Different Bead Works / Which Guy Still Wears This ? (PIC Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen..

I will be your host on this thread

I go by the name NUEL... Good Nuel.

Sit back and have fun as we journey through this skill acquiring process.

We shall be learning how to make different kinds of Foot wares..

I shall upload pictures where and when necessary to help explain further, so feel free to ask questions.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Oliviababy: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
okay,am following
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ok.. Nice..

Starting with the things we need, I will list the major ones and then the not so compulsory but very important ones.

MAJOR TOOLS

* Punch (size 2 or 3)

* A knife.

* Small hand brush for gum.

* Marking Pen ( you can use the normal biro but there is a special pen for this work)
* A small hammer or Mallet

* Two pairs of scissors( Medium Sizes)

* A pair of lasts (depends on the sizes you intend working mostly on. You can use your legs as last sha).

* A mortal (ok, not the mortal you use for pounding but a designed strong and soft wood that you would be punching on).

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
The other things we need re.

* A Plier

* Thick Paper ( For marking out our floors and patterns)

* A sewing Machine(if u have any sewing experience, it would be an added advantage as we would be doing a lot of sewing)

* A sand papers ( this can be fixed to your filing machine)

* A filing Machine.

* Razor Blade or Cutter

* A 1liter gallon for our gum and a small gum container(rubber or tin)

* A wooden Table and Stool

* Sewing threads and Needles

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Oliviababy: 9:12am On Mar 03, 2015
god bless u nuel ,kip d good work
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Thank you for following Oliviababy. I promise it be will be fun.. Stay put.

We continue with the type of materials we would be working with.

* Nora(there re plenty types of Nora)

* Maco(there re different types of maco according to thickness)

* Skin(Animal skins)

* Fibre

* Landings

* Leather(no be bagco super sack o)

* Ankara( Any type of wrapper)

You can use a lot of materials provided it doesn't hurt the legs, is thick and is long lasting..
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by queenprecy(f): 4:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
am following
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by inestimable(f): 12:26am On Mar 04, 2015
Nuel u r just d bomb lol, God bless u for opening dis thread I am following with rapt attention
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by inestimable(f): 12:28am On Mar 04, 2015
Is last same thing as mould
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 3:16am On Mar 04, 2015
queenprecy:
am following
Thank u for joining us.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 3:16am On Mar 04, 2015
inestimable:
Nuel u r just d bomb lol, God bless u for opening dis thread I am following with rapt attention
Thank you for following.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 3:18am On Mar 04, 2015
inestimable:
Is last same thing as mould
Not really. I will upload a pix of a last later.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 3:20am On Mar 04, 2015
Since we have more female interests, we will start with female foot wares..

Thank you all for following.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 3:21am On Mar 04, 2015
I will also upload some pictures of some finished female works and then we would start with them again..
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by ehinome4hushM(f): 10:52am On Mar 04, 2015
following closely...
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 4:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
ehinome4hushM:
following closely...
Thank you for joining.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by LeeCodeman: 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
Just checked your profile now. You have very clean shoes, how much do they go for?
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
LeeCodeman:
Just checked your profile now. You have very clean shoes, how much do they go for?
Thank you for looking in. A pair goes for #2000.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
The pics of the lasts.

1 Share

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
Lasts re mainly made of Wood and Rubber. The rubber last is more preferable...

The first pix is a female Last size 38. The normal female leg sizes ranges from 37 to 42 and if a girl has a Drogba leg grin .. Her leg could be 43.

The 2nd pix is a male last size 40. The normal male leg sizes ranges from 40 to 45..

Having said that, we don't really need to buy all the sizes of the lasts(it always best to have all the sizes though) as we have a technique of using one size to get another size accurately.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Up next!! Pics of some finished female works.

Keep following

>
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
The pics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 7:51am On Mar 05, 2015
Starting from the first picture, the top left.

It is called a Nora work..

Note: there are two major types of Nora

* Stripped Nora ( Used for the sole of your work)

* Shinny Nora ( Used for the top of your work)

Also note that these names are based on what they are called in my area, don't know about your area..

There are various types of both the Shinny and Stripped Noras ranging from their

* Thickness
* Colors
* Designs
* Prices

>>

Stripped Noras are always thicker than Shinny noras since they are used for soles. But there are also some very soft and durable stripped nora that can also be used for the top(Shinny).

For instance, the first work in the pix was a case of using the stripped nora both as the sole and the top because it is soft and I liked the design on it.. It came out beautiful..

>>
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Oliviababy: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2015
gud moin nuel;i already hve a sole frm anothet shoe which is stil in gud condition bt i nid the top of the shoe.i wil try and upload a pix
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2015
Oliviababy:
gud moin nuel;i already hve a sole frm anothet shoe which is stil in gud condition bt i nid the top of the shoe.i wil try and upload a pix
Good morning Oliviababy.. Ohk, do upload the pix.
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by inestimable(f): 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ok thanks waitiing for d next part of d lecture
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
inestimable:
Ok thanks waitiing for d next part of d lecture
Welcm smiley
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
Staring with the first pix, we would be needing

* White and Red landing(any color of ur choice)
* Stripped Nora
* Shinny Nora
* White Maco(depends on the colors you are working on, there re various colors).
* A hill fr ur sole
* Gum

>>
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Next is the marking out...

*You must have gotten the size you re working with, say 38 or 39, then you get ur floor(you create ur floor ursef and should be with paper)

* You mark ur floor on the Shinny Nora(Always mark ur floor on the shinny Nora).

* Your paper floor should be just one and nt a pair, then u palce it on the shinny Nora to mark out.

* After Marking the first floor, u should turn ur paper floor directly opposite to the way u placed the first floor and then mark out.( Careful so u don't mark out same floors)

* After marking out ur floors on ur Shinny Nora, you cut them out with a scissor, following the lines accordingly.

* After cutting them out, you use one of ur shinny nora Floors to mark out ur sole on ur stripped nora using the same method with the floor(Always use ur Shinny nora Floor to mark ur stripped nora.. Always!).

* After marking ur stripped Nora, you cut them out too.

* Then get ur Maco(any color and size of ur chioce)

* You mark ur maco out in a way that it cn contain both stripped floors.

* Then You apply ur gum to the Maco and the stripped floor using ur gum brush and allow them to dry.

* Then you place the stripped nora on the maco and hit it with ur hammer or mallet.

* Cut the nora out with the maco using a knife..

I will upload pics 2mo fr more understanding..

>>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 6:57am On Mar 06, 2015
Good morning all smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by MaryamTanya(f): 10:02am On Mar 06, 2015
Goodwork nuel, thanks I just started following this thread and its lovely. I would get my tools and follow up
Re: How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] by Goodnuel: 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
MaryamTanya:
Goodwork nuel, thanks I just started following this thread and its lovely. I would get my tools and follow up
Thank yu fr joining..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, His Oyibo Wife And Kids Dressed In Isiagu Attire / Checkout This Trending Zip Hairstyle From Ibadan... / Nigerian Crossdressers Turn Up In Asoebi For Colleague’s Birthday Party (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.