Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule (3018 Views)

Jonathan Vows To Arrest And Deal With Those Behind ING / Jonathan: I Won’t Give Opposition Chance To Rule / 2015: Jonathan Vows To Crack Down On Troublemakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ahead of the rescheduled 2015 general elections; President Goodluck Jonathan says his government will not give the opposition the opportunity to rule Nigeria.
Jonathan said this at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday while launching the People's Democratic Party (PDP) Wards' Volunteer Scheme.
The scheme is a campaign strategy targeting the grass-roots level using about one million volunteers.
Jonathan said the standards of the PDP could not be compared with those of the opposition because the latter had never had governance experience at the national level.
The president emphatically told PDP stalwarts and members that he knew that the opposition would not do well.
He said: "At the state level and at the national level; well, at the national level, we cannot compare our standards with theirs because they have not had the experience, and we will not give them the opportunity. But I know they will not do well".
Claiming that the PDP was the only party that brought about peace in Nigeria, he said some unnamed people were bitterly criticizing the PDP-led government because of their frustration, anger and guilt.
According to the president, if one does not have a forgiving or clean heart, one cannot rule Nigeria because one cannot give out what one does not have.
"PDP is the only party that brings about peace in this country. And I always say that when you see people talking and you see the bitterness in their hearts, you see the frustration, the anger, and you see them as people who are already feeling guilty. If you don't have a forgiving heart, if you don't have a clean heart, you cannot rule Nigeria because you cannot give out what you.don't have he.said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/48308-jonathan-vows-not-to-give-opposition-chance-to-rule

1 Like

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by temitemi1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
"At the state level and at the national level; well, at the national level, we cannot compare our standards with theirs because they have not had the experience, and we will not give them the opportunity. But I know they will not do well".
In Summary, No Vacancy In Aso Rock

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
He is inviting crisis

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Dannyset(m): 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
Unmask Jonathan and what you see is Abacha. But thank God Abacha didn't live to enjoy his stolen wealth. The same script has not been wiped off. Those pushing him to do all these would desert him when time comes.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Adminisher: 10:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
barcanista:

A tenant is saying no vacancy. I laugh in kenery language.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Adminisher: 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Dannyset:
Unmask Jonathan and what you see is Abacha. But thank God Abacha didn't live to enjoy his stolen wealth. The same script has not been wiped off. Those pushing him to do all these would desert him when time comes.

He does not have the liver for the danger coming. God has declared Nigeria his beloved country, people should beware. Let the democratic process be free and fair so that you clear your hands. Trouble no good. I say it again trouble no good. The dead ones are actually the lucky ones when trouble comes.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
Adminisher:

A tenant is saying no vacancy. I laugh in kenery language.
His Tenancy shall be renewed in May 29.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by VcStunner(m): 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
I was here to see comments, but I will be back wen der are many of u guys talking
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
barcanista:
His Tenancy shall be renewed in May 29.

Who would sign his so-called lease agreement undecided

Nigerians not Otuokeans grin

Sai Buhari

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Viktor1983(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
barcanista:

1 Like

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by fitzmayowa: 12:58am On Mar 03, 2015
Well unless GEJ wants to go the gbagbo way, the power not to give the opposition the chance to rule lies in the hands of the electorate...

Voters armed with their PVC will determine whether GEJ/PDP tenancy in aso rock ends may 29 or continues till 2019...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 3:33am On Mar 03, 2015
If you make peaceful transition of power impossible, you are making violent takeover inevitable.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by menesheh(m): 3:41am On Mar 03, 2015
What do you expect before

Unless he is insane

Incumbent power sweets weda you like it or not

Carry go mr president jareee

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by nzeadachie: 3:45am On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ TILL 2019, THE SICK JIHAD BUHARI CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Bright4(m): 4:11am On Mar 03, 2015
If d present of GMB can make a sitting president dt is not serious for 6yrs, to b more active under 6weeks, bet me, affairs of Nigeria within a year under general, will be a blessing.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by M4gunners: 5:08am On Mar 03, 2015
GenBuhari:
If you make peaceful transition of power impossible, you are making violent takeover inevitable.
Trans wetin? Transition indeed.I only see transformation not transition. GEJ will remain in Aso Rock till 2019.After then we can talk of transition.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by M4gunners: 5:17am On Mar 03, 2015
Bright4:
If d present of GMB can make a sitting president dt is not serious for 6yrs, to b more active under 6weeks, bet me, affairs of Nigeria within a year under general, will be a blessing.
No i disagree with you. We have withness it before my brother it was hell.Now I'm not a drugpusher,but killing people because u catch them with drug is very bad are we living in Malaysia or Indonesia. Why not jail them?America, Germany, France u name them don't kill people because of drugs related offence. I don't want a Dictator again please . You just take matter into your hands because u plan coup and find urself in power.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by PassingShot(m): 5:17am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:

See what you're rreduced to because of stomach protection - a robot with no brain to analyze and speak logically.

Mark my words, your president will not end well. Gbagbo, Mobitu Sese Seko and Samuel Doe never thought they could end as they did.

GEJ till you and your likes get sense!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by M4gunners: 5:20am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
Bros take 5 , no Vacancy at all till 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by kolomax(m): 5:28am On Mar 03, 2015
M4gunners:
No i disagree with you. We have withness it before my brother it was hell.Now I'm not a drugpusher,but killing people because u catch them with drug is very bad are we living in Malaysia or Indonesia. Why not jail them?America, Germany, France u name them don't kill people because of drugs related offence. I don't want a Dictator again please . You just take matter into your hands because u plan coup and find urself in power.
you guys will never stop amusing me with your support for GEJ so when it comes to drugs you wanna compare naija too USA,FRANCE and CO but when it's all about our health,education sectors you don't remember USA again do you ever think of the innocent lives that drug will ruin if not kill them? Common let be realistic here..just because You are supporting the president doesn't mean you should Bring out unrelated arguments peace

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by M4gunners: 5:41am On Mar 03, 2015
kolomax:
you guys will never stop amusing me with your support for GEJ so when it comes to drugs you wanna compare naija too USA,FRANCE and CO but when it's all about our health,education sectors you don't remember USA again do you ever think of the innocent lives that drug will ruin if not kill them? Common let be realistic here..just because You are supporting the president doesn't mean you should Bring out unrelated arguments peace
How do you mean by unrelated arguments? Did it happen or not? Nigeria can have good health facilities, education sectors and so on by killing their citizens because of drugs related offence is what you are talking about i guess?
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by M4gunners: 5:44am On Mar 03, 2015
Even OBJ said it . quote you don't just jail everybody before you can fight corruption. You don't just take away souls because you want to stopped them from drug trafficking. That is what am against bro.
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Pheals(f): 6:47am On Mar 03, 2015
Na political position not yr inheritance<aso-rock tea is tasty brother> leave gently bcoz of coup=even yah children & relatives needs change
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by abdul123(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2015
There are two kinds of people in Nigeria today,those who want
CHANGE and those who want CONTINUITY. If you want
change you are safe, if you want continuity there are two things
involved, is either you reside in LAGOS or you are in PDP. If
you are in lagos you are safe, if you are in PDP there are two
things involved, is either you are Jonathan's family or you are
naturally corrupt. If you are Jonathan's family you are safe cox u r
going back to Otuoke but if you are naturally corrupt, there are two
things involved, is either you leave this country before March 28 or
you remain. If you leave this country you are save but if you
remain, there is ONLY one thing involved, YOU ROT IN JAIL!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ has my permission to crush the apc finally and fatally.
I hate anything apc around me.
apc must not win any Local Govt in Nigeria, let alone States or the Federation.

KILL THEM ALL
CRUSH THEM TO GRAINS
SMASH apc everywhere in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by onatisi(m): 7:13am On Mar 03, 2015
Dannyset:
shaaaraap and stop talking rubbish,ode. When he wins the election and he is sworn in, go and kill him,maggot brain.
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Smart007i(m): 7:25am On Mar 03, 2015
barcanista:
lets the people decide oo...
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by blackfase(m): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2015
This's what d clueless one actually meant by his unbeatable epigram.....

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2015
Of course, no vacancy yet.
Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by anonimi: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan vows Not To Give Opposition Any Chance To Rule by M4gunners: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan, Sambo, David Mark Meet With Service Chiefs And NSA, New Plans To Rig / We’ll Sabotage, Blackmail And Intimidate APC Govt Like They Did To Us’-Lamido / UPDATE: Saraki Arrive CCT Trial With 80 Lawyers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.