Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,569 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Differences Between Android And Window Phones - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Android And Window Phones (37705 Views)

Different Between Android Phones And Window Phones. / The Differences Between Android Infinix Hot 2 And Tecno Camon C8 / See Wicked Comparison Between Android And Iphone...lmao! PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
Go for android or iphone...cos of availability of numerous apps
BeloHorizonte14:
Brotherly please,which of the OS (wp,rim,ios and android) platforms would u advise an engineering/science student to use to ease course work,course materials,genuine online textbooks and stu..pid assignments? Thank you. Please i wouldn't mind if you could recommend a particular phone to me.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by mikron(m): 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
lukmandwise:
Please guys I am planning to switch from android to window. Please I need an advise on why I should stick to android or what I stand to enjoy on window phone. please I really need to be advised.
dont try it o, stick to android. windows is just not it.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 12:24am On Mar 04, 2015
martineverest:
Go for android or iphone...cos of availability of numerous apps
Thank you Sir. Please which of the android phones would you recommend?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by threadstone(m): 12:53am On Mar 04, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
please which OS would you advise a student to get for easy book-work? Thank you.

It depends.. How much is your budget? I may have said getting a windows tablet will make maximum sense because you'll be dealing with docs and other files.. A blackberry 10 (z10 or q5) will be much easier to maintain down the line in terms of data subscruption but if ure not ready to shed much money, a lumia (windows phone) or android (go with samsung or other major android oems)..

It still boils down to how much ure willing to spend
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 5:57am On Mar 04, 2015
threadstone:

It depends.. How much is your budget? I may have said getting a windows tablet will make maximum sense because you'll be dealing with docs and other files.. A blackberry 10 (z10 or q5) will be much easier to maintain down the line in terms of data subscruption but if ure not ready to shed much money, a lumia (windows phone) or android (go with samsung or other major android oems)..

It still boils down to how much ure willing to spend
Thank you Sir. I have a budget of 70k to 90k
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
Thank you Sir. I have a budget of 70k to 90k
Just order for an ELEPHONE P7000

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2015
ollah1:

The issue with Android OS is the oems. Their skins and all. Go check out HTC one series and nexuses and see how fluid they are.

Regarding malware, android is open source so you don't expect such not to happen. If you download adds from reputable sources, you would be fine. The malware issue can be said about desktop OS too.
At the moment, Macintosh despite its closed nature it's more vulnerable than Windows 8.1.

Now somebody is talking...
If you have any issue with android don't blame the OS blame it on the manufacturer.
1. Lagging is even less becoming frequent with low end device. Change ur phone manufacturer
2. Who say android can't be used for business? I wonder what part of the world u came from.
3. Software not properly integrated to hardware blame it on the oem
4. Every problem or issues a product is having there is always a remedy.
Above all go for what suits ur day to day needs as far has Os is concerned.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 7:12am On Mar 04, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
please,what about for school work,like assignments,genuine online textbooks(especially the recommended ones),materials and video classes/practicals? Which of d OS (ios,wp,rim and android)would you advise i stick to? Help urgently needed. Thank you. BTW please,i wouldn't mind if you recommend a particular phone.
During my final year at the university I bought Lumia 520 and that's phone I used in both first and second semesters for downloading journals and pdf files used for my project. In fact, all the school assignments and others online stuff were done with the phone in partner with my laptop. The ucweb browser and the operami helped me to handle that to browse and to download then open it with pdf or adobe reader. I never visited any café for any internet stuff and I even collected some projects of my friends and I made alot of money. Please nobody should deceive you have what you will need to perform those stuff there.
Let me tell you this why some people run away from buying wp is because of the money to buy it. My friend told me that instead of him to buy the Lumia 520 that I bought for #28,000 then he will either go for Techno phones, he bought two techno phones for #14,000 each making #28,000 the same amount I bought one Lumia Phone but I will tell you himself and his girlfriend didn't used the phone more than six months before it gets stuck. The durability in wp can't be compared with some android phone could you believe that I later sold my Lumia 520 to my friend after more than one and half year using the phone.
If you have huge amounts of money you can buy that Lumia 930 now but better still you can buy Lumia 535 the first phone made by Microsoft after acquired Nokia last year November and that is the phone I'm using presently and it doesn't that cost.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 04, 2015
Oxasbi:

Now somebody is talking...
If you have any issue with android don't blame the OS blame it on the manufacturer.
1. Lagging is even less becoming frequent with low end device. Change ur phone manufacturer
2. Who say android can't be used for business? I wonder what part of the world u came from.
3. Software not properly integrated to hardware blame it on the oem
4. Every problem or issues a product is having there is always a remedy.
Above all go for what suits ur day to day needs as far has Os is concerned.

If you read my post well I never said android can't be used for business and in it I made it clear that Android is not equal to oem. If a partiular phone from an oem lags doesn't mean all androids lags.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

Let me tell you this why some people run away from buying wp is because of the money to buy it. My friend told me that instead of him to buy the Lumia 520 that I bought for #28,000 then he will either go for Techno phones, he bought two techno phones for #14,000 each making #28,000 the same amount I bought one Lumia .

You murder yourself here. You are using a tecno phone as a
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

Let me tell you this why some people run away from buying wp is because of the money to buy it. My friend told me that instead of him to buy the Lumia 520 that I bought for #28,000 then he will either go for Techno phones, he bought two techno phones for #14,000 each making #28,000 the same amount I bought one Lumia .

You murdered yourself here. You are using a tecno phone as as a yardstick for android. That's where some people make mistakes and wouldn't enlighten people well. That 28k can be used to buy good mid range phone from a reputable oem.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 7:31am On Mar 04, 2015
Ezibless:

Thanks alot!

Please, do you have an idea how much Lumia 720 is?
Don't buy any Lumia Phone that doesn't have 1gb as it ram and must be window 8.1. You can buy any Lumia Phone that have ..30 at their last two digits that is, Lumia 730, 830, 930, 1030, but better still buy Microsoft Lumia 535 it has all functions exactly like that 930.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 7:37am On Mar 04, 2015
ollah1:

You murdered yourself here. You are using a tecno phone as as a yardstick for android. That's where some people make mistakes and wouldn't enlighten people well. That 28k can be used to buy good mid range phone from a reputable oem.
Lol, not at all I didn't used techno phones as comparisons but just to cleared the mind of some people that using techno android phones they're using android phones the same with the people using Samsung android phones. Thanks
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

Lol, not at all I didn't used techno phones as comparisons but just to cleared the mind of some people that using techno android phones they're using android phones the same with the people using Samsung android phones. Thanks

The guy that needs the help wouldn't understand that. To a layman's reading and understanding your message, tecno is android and android is tecno hence its problematic.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 8:04am On Mar 04, 2015
Go for either of theses:lg,htc,sony or samsung.dont go for any chinese phones like tecno,infinix etc
BeloHorizonte14:
Thank you Sir. Please which of the android phones would you recommend?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 04, 2015
ollah1:

If you read my post well I never said android can't be used for business and in it I made it clear that Android is not equal to oem. If a partiular phone from an oem lags doesn't mean all androids lags.

I get ur point and its well supported. I just quoted u to make it clear to other who think other wise.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 9:00am On Mar 04, 2015
Feraz:
Why not get a Lumia 535 that costs about 25,000 the last I checked. You can ask those on this thread their experience using it.

I stay in Zamafara and i didn't get it here,that is why i opted for 720.
But if i can find it i'd love it
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Bebetter: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2015
KunAviero:
I'm currently using a windows phone(Microsoft lumia 535). I chose it over infinix zero and trust me bro, it's a mistake I'll repeat over and over againand will keep on repeating. Disadvantage of a windows phone though is that you'll mostlikely get too attached cos your apps will keep feeding you wtih interesting things all day long. Your 5mp camera for example will be sharper and much more better than most andriod's 8 and 13mp talk more of the higherwindows camera phones......and windows is not for illiterates. Anybody can use andriod but not everbody can use windows and ios.......plenty things dey for windows jare.

Dude. i'm very very curious about the lumia 535, read and heard it has some touch screen issues, please have you experienced this? and if not where did you purchase yours... i'm trying to get one asap.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2015
Ezibless:

I stay in Zamafara and i didn't get it here,that is why i opted for 720.
But if i can find it i'd love it

You can ask around in gusau. Where in zm do you u stay?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Rexyl(m): 11:37am On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

Don't buy any Lumia Phone that doesn't have 1gb as it ram and must be window 8.1. You can buy any Lumia Phone that have ..30 at their last two digits that is, Lumia 730, 830, 930, 1030, but better still buy Microsoft Lumia 535 it has all functions exactly like that 930.

Among other things, do the listed have camera quality?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 11:42am On Mar 04, 2015
ollah1:

You can ask around in gusau. Where in zm do you u stay?

In Gusau. Near government house
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Rexyl(m): 11:42am On Mar 04, 2015
martineverest:
Go for either of theses:lg,htc,sony or samsung.dont go for any chinese phones like tecno,infinix etc

What of Huawei? Can it compete very well with the brands of good and superior quality?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

I've fallen in love with lumia 720 already embarassed
Lemme check the spec for 930 and 730
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Huawei and lenovo re ok and up to standard,but d first four i mentioned are well trusted in quality
Rexyl:

What of Huawei? Can it compete very well with the brands of good and superior quality?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
It initially had screen issues,but microsoft has fixed it,i ll advice u to wait for lumia 640 or 640 xl,its coming dis month
Bebetter:

Dude. i'm very very curious about the lumia 535, read and heard it has some touch screen issues, please have you experienced this? and if not where did you purchase yours... i'm trying to get one asap.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by DjAndroid: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Elxandre:

Wtf... Your attached image is crap.

All those features are available on windows phone these days.
Just skip the thread if you aren't sure of your facts.

Didn't you see windows 7 written there?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Am loving my windows phone Lumia 625H.I LOST THE FIRST ONE, STILL WENT BACK FOR IT.For me it is very okay for my needs and above all, saves me from switching on and off of my data, I love getting instant messages, not getting messages only when I on my data.So depending on your usage sha, for me, windows all the way.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
lumia 640 xl , here i come
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Springz:

Lol, i use 1gb data plan, this is my second week on it and still have enough data to take me through next week. I use an android phone, what i did was close sum background apps from auto updating and voila i browse smoothly without d fear of apps drinking my data.
@op lumia phones are great tho, i love d sleekness, but its an individual choice.

But you cannot close some apps even if you wish.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
Lumia camera re d best,not even iphone can rival dem
Rexyl:

Among other things, do the listed have camera quality?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

During my final year at the university I bought Lumia 520 and that's phone I used in both first and second semesters for downloading journals and pdf files used for my project. In fact, all the school assignments and others online stuff were done with the phone in partner with my laptop. The ucweb browser and the operami helped me to handle that to browse and to download then open it with pdf or adobe reader. I never visited any café for any internet stuff and I even collected some projects of my friends and I made alot of money. Please nobody should deceive you have what you will need to perform those stuff there.
Let me tell you this why some people run away from buying wp is because of the money to buy it. My friend told me that instead of him to buy the Lumia 520 that I bought for #28,000 then he will either go for Techno phones, he bought two techno phones for #14,000 each making #28,000 the same amount I bought one Lumia Phone but I will tell you himself and his girlfriend didn't used the phone more than six months before it gets stuck. The durability in wp can't be compared with some android phone could you believe that I later sold my Lumia 520 to my friend after more than one and half year using the phone.
If you have huge amounts of money you can buy that Lumia 930 now but better still you can buy Lumia 535 the first phone made by Microsoft after acquired Nokia last year November and that is the phone I'm using presently and it doesn't that cost.
Thank you Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pantami's Decision To Mine Data Of Phone Users Trailed By Controversy / 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' / 10 States, Face Telecoms Network Blackout — GSM Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.