Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Differences Between Android And Window Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Android And Window Phones (37659 Views)

Different Between Android Phones And Window Phones. / The Differences Between Android Infinix Hot 2 And Tecno Camon C8 / See Wicked Comparison Between Android And Iphone...lmao! PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
Feraz:
. Bear in mind that Android phones lag seriously unlike their Windows counterpart which HARDLY lag. .

There are three levels of android phones. Low end, mid range and high end. High end don't lag or might lag a little.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
No,its just d fact.....from reports,android fones sale fell last quarter of 2014,android tablets and ipads re being replaced by windows tablets especially microsoft surface pro 3
ollah1:

What did you smoke?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by chiddy158: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
Bonanza ! Bonanza !! Bonaza !!! Free Advert On Nigeria Online Newspaper

Take advantage of free advert bonanza and advertise your goods, services and political campaigns on Nigeria's fastest growing online newspaper THEFOCUS

www.thefocusng.com

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Av u heard of the word 'lagdroid'?...even galaxy note 4 lags..lumia 1520 dat was launched 2013 is smoother than note 4......and roid sucks hardware unlike ios and windows os.if u doubt play some games with lumia 630 and iphone4(both with 512mb ram) and any android with 1gb ram.
ollah1:

There are three levels of android phones. Low end, mid range and high end. High end don't lag or might lag a little.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
Av u heard of the word 'lagdroid'?...even galaxy note 4 lags..lumia 1520 dat was launched 2013 is smoother than note 4......and roid sucks hardware unlike ios and windows os.if u doubt play some games with lumia 630 and iphone4(both with 512mb ram) and any android with 1gb ram.

You are spitting trash. Note 4 lags. Lol, note 4 kills every other phone in asphalt 8. Google is ur friend. Do you know what asphalt 8 is? It's the only phone that handled it perfectly.

Here's the link

http://www.gamebench.net/blog/samsung-galaxy-note-4-beats-every-other-phone-asphalt-8
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
U re just a dullard...go to androidcentral.com....most note 4 users whine over note 4 lag..grow up
ollah1:

You are spitting trash. Note 4 lags. Lol, note 4 kills every other phone in asphalt 8. Google is ur friend. Do you know what asphalt 8 is? It's the only phone that handled it perfectly.

Here's the link

http://www.gamebench.net/blog/samsung-galaxy-note-4-beats-every-other-phone-asphalt-8

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
U re just a dullard...go to androidcentral.com....most note 4 users whine over note 4 lag..grow up

Slowpoke, u are the dullard here. Goto imore.com and macrumors.com and see how iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus users are complaining of their phones lagging.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
U seems to be proving stubborn.only a tech-savvy person ll no what am saying..u re just a samsung fanboy
ollah1:

Slowpoke, u are the dullard here. Goto imore.com and macrumors.com and see how iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus users are complaining of their phones lagging.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:
I prefer using window phone than android because wp is user friendly and less data consuming. In fact, you don't need to off your data when or after browsing. Unlike android phone you need to off the data all day all night.
As you know we have individual differences, fashions, tastes and choices. But as for me I can't use any other phone than only wp even currently I'm still rocking with my Microsoft Lumia 535 the first Lumia Phone by Microsoft after acquired Nokia.

I learnt that it over heat.
How true is it? Coz i was considering it before
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Anibaba1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
spaggyy:
Android is better, but windows...without door is useless
Good point.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
U seems to be proving stubborn.only a tech-savvy person ll no what am saying..u re just a samsung fanboy

Tech savvy? Samsung fanboy? Lol you are pretty funny Mr tech savvy dude. You just don't like been told the truth
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
kollybay4u:
Unlike android phone you need to off the data all day all night.

It's funny how people make conclusions.
What do you mean off data all night?
What do you mean by Windows doesn't suck up data and Android does?

Windows fans amaze me tho, what the apps you have on your phone? All new generations of phones suck data. Be it Android devices, iOS or BB10. But of course you can't notice that because it's the basic functions u make use of.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by pompido: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
DjAndroid:

Mind you, windows mobile and windowsphone are not the same OS.

In the picture below, the first is the windows mobile while the 2nd is the windowsphone.

In as much as i like your analysis, please do a more recent comparison with windowsphone OS 8.1.

A lot of things will begin to make sense then.

Gave out my Infinix Alpha and my Nokia Lumia 520 just so I can go solo.

nairalanding from my microsoft lumia 535

Imagine a life of ease and sweetness all in one mobile OS.........

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Springz(f): 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
oyb:

i am posting this from a lumia 630. i have a 2gb data plan on this phone and it will run till month end. the best i can get out of android is 2wks.
Lol, i use 1gb data plan, this is my second week on it and still have enough data to take me through next week. I use an android phone, what i did was close sum background apps from auto updating and voila i browse smoothly without d fear of apps drinking my data.
@op lumia phones are great tho, i love d sleekness, but its an individual choice.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by babse(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
4yr Windows Phone veteran here with the occasional foray into the Android ecosystem. First thing is first, BUDGET is all that matters. Your phone budget will really dictate everything.

That said, honestly, it doesn't matter the platform you pick on its own. The only thing that really matters are the services you use the most.

If you are locked into google services (Gmail, docs, drive, plus etc), stick with android. We do not have any form of google compatibility whatsoever (I have migrated my entire life from google to Microsoft services.). Except that? you're totally fine with any platform.

Microsoft has a strong service offering on Android already (onenote, office, Skype etc) so you are not going to be missing much if you stuck with android.

The only other thing i'd want to bring up is optimization. Most lower end Android phones are awfully slow and laggy but windows phones around that price range are known to be pretty snappy, relatively speaking (The Lumia 635 is no 1520 but is sure as hell will give any Android phone in its price range run for their money).

All WP 8.1 devices will be getting that windows 10 upgrade so if having a PC running windows 10 is a lure for you and you want everything seamless integrated, Windows is a good option (I've got Windows 8.1 running on 4 devices and the integration is pretty dope as it is. W10 is promising a lot more.)

That said, spacyzuma has said most of what else that matters; data usage, customizability etc.

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
So,u believe u re actually saying d truth?....i cry for u
ollah1:

Tech savvy? Samsung fanboy? Lol you are pretty funny Mr tech savvy dude. You just don't like been told the truth
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by sylve11: 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
KunAviero:
......and windows is not for illiterates. Anybody can use andriod but not everbody can use windows and ios.......plenty things dey for windows jare.

Lol grin grin, in a way u r telling the truth grin cool
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
martineverest:
So,u believe u re actually saying d truth?....i cry for u

I'm lying, I own those sites. Take this handkerchief
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Feraz(m): 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2015
ollah1:

Here's the link
Asphalt 8? As in the Asphalt 8 Asphalt 8? I play the game on my Lumia 928 and it works perfectly well, as in very well oh....
ollah1:

I use a high range Lumia phone and I haven't had the chance to complain about it lagging ever since I bought it, same with others that I know. Even the low and mid range phones work well without lagging. I'm just waiting for Windows phone 10 to be out.

OP, like I said earlier, go for what works for you.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
Hahaha.....use d handky for what?.just accept d fact dat i phones re better dan android and lumias re smoother.
ollah1:

I'm lying, I own those sites. Take this handkerchief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by generalissimo(m): 4:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
django1:

How many of them have used it before? I'm currently loving my lumia535 and I was previously using an android device.

The support system is amazing, so much organization and structure.
Yes oooo. Many Androidians here just follow the crowd. They dont have preference, style, class or the mind of their own. I bet they dont know what WP offers in telephoning. I enjoy my PERSONAL DIGITAL GIRLFRIEND-Cortana on my Lumia 930 #team_windowphone

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by charlesm91(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
wp8.1 definitely is good and on par with the other two os barring apps but majority of apps we use here in nigeria is in the store. it all depends on ur needs. if u the type that likes to tinker every now n then, android for u but if you want a semi-walled garden (thin line btw ios n android in terms of functions; customizability options), wp is for you. wp is smooth n secured at budget level onwards and will save u the hassles of rooting that android users go thru. simply put, if you want peace of mind, wp is for you but if you want to be an addict always testing one rom or the other, rooting, looking for free cheats to bypass networks till u run out of ideas, etc. android it is.
p.s. android is a bit more stable at the highend but in the longrun after installing lots of apps n accumulation of app data, it will start slow down a bit but if u a techgeek then u should be able to use it effectively cos most don't really know to use phones n they end up complaining when the solution is right there but otherwise, android is maturing when it comes to stability. Android is best enjoyed on an upper midrange to highend phones. forget techno,injoo,infinix,meizu, etc
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by oluwanoni: 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
I use a windows lumia 1520...you need to see the games I play on it *awesome, I don't need to worry about the blood sucking andriod battery, and number 1 issue of RAM on android....no matter how little u install, midway into use you get a msg that your ram is full....@op...if you want to be unique use windows..

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by robbase: 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dont even try it. Better stick to your Android. Windows phones no be am.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by miketayo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
lanre316:

Do you know that less than 3 percent of smartphones run on windows mobile OS and more than 80 percent runs on Android OS? People's choices speaks volumes of usefulness of a product. Microsoft is only good at desktop OS but they suck bitterly when it comes to mobile OS. You better stick to the best you have already in Android and avoid regrets.

How old is Android and how old is WP?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by miketayo(m): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
ollah1:

It's funny how people make conclusions.
What do you mean off data all night?
What do you mean by Windows doesn't suck up data and Android does?

Windows fans amaze me tho, what the apps you have on your phone? All new generations of phones suck data. Be it Android devices, iOS or BB10. But of course you can't notice that because it's the basic functions u make use of.

They all suck data but not like Android.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by miketayo(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2015
spacyzuma:
Also, android has so many choices of phones, and if you're looking for a cost-effective and pocket-friendly phone, it can be hard to select the right android phone.

WP has a smaller range of choices, especially if you stick to Nokia Lumia series.

If money is not an issue, go for a flagship smartphone. Android has more than 5 flagships from different manufacturers. WP has much fewer.

So does ios and rim os. most people haven't even tried d windows phone but disapprove it. But most WP users r ex Android phone users
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by onatisi(m): 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
I love this thread ,very informative
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Willl(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
Windows phone is a cool phone with great hardware strength. Am using a 520 which is d last born bt i enjoy it. Its a phone for d class nt swaggZ.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by ogaprime(m): 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
lukmandwise:
Please guys I am planning to switch from android to window. Please I need an advise on why I should stick to android or what I stand to enjoy on window phone. please I really need to be advised.

There are phones that use both windows and android as OS on the phone. Easy swapping between the two OS. Google for more info
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by donbenie(m): 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
honorbule:

you don talk am....windowsphone is not for illiterates....i use lumia 925 and i dey enjoy am...
Joke of the year,Android is the most complicated and comprehensive OS to use,far,far more complicated than Windows OS or IOS,if you are a Tech Geek,you should know that fact is a given,the fact that you see every TOM,DICK and HARRY toting an Android phone doesn't mean it is for illiterates,as a Techie,based on my personal experience of requests i receive from users,i can tell you that most Android users don't know about 90% of its functions..

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by honorbule(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
donbenie:
Joke of the year,Android is the most complicated and comprehensive OS to use,far,far more complicated than Windows OS or IOS,if you are a Tech Geek,you should know that fact is a given,the fact that you see every TOM,DICK and HARRY toting an Android phone doesn't mean it is for illiterates,as a Techie,based on my personal experience of requests i receive from users,i can tell you that most Android users don't know about 90% of its functions..

bros i smell lies in your post o......frm my analysis, most litrates sef cant operate a windows phone....cos its just too complicated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Samsung Galaxy Phone Is Genuine Or Fake / Guy Wins Etisalat Dance Challenge, Gets Brand New Car, Phone, Airtime For 1 Year / 8 Annoying Phone Habits Everyone Must Drop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.