Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Differences Between Android And Window Phones - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between Android And Window Phones (37664 Views)

Different Between Android Phones And Window Phones. / The Differences Between Android Infinix Hot 2 And Tecno Camon C8 / See Wicked Comparison Between Android And Iphone...lmao! PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
kollybay4u:

Don't buy any Lumia Phone that doesn't have 1gb as it ram and must be window 8.1. You can buy any Lumia Phone that have ..30 at their last two digits that is, Lumia 730, 830, 930, 1030, but better still buy Microsoft Lumia 535 it has all functions exactly like that 930.
what about lumia 1520?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
Godvilla:
Just order for an ELEPHONE P7000
oops! Boss,the name of the phone scares me o. I haven't heard of any Elephone before let alone see one. Can the phone brand be trusted? Do they have customer care centres around? Does it have OTG and OTA? Please tell me what i stand to benefit in using this Elephone P7000 compared to Samsung/htc phones in the same price range? Thank you
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by oluwanoni: 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
what about lumia 1520?

Lumia 1520 is awesome...i am currently using it
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
oluwanoni:

Lumia 1520 is awesome...i am currently using it
please,is it student friendly,like; online textbooks,e-book downloads,materials and video classes? What are the shortcomings of this lumia please? Thank you.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
It works better than galaxy s5....but android has more apps....its a bit xpensive ,87k at slot
BeloHorizonte14:
please,is it student friendly,like; online textbooks,e-book downloads,materials and video classes? What are the shortcomings of this lumia please? Thank you.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
martineverest:
It works better than galaxy s5....but android has more apps....its a bit xpensive ,87k at slot
Thank you sir. Android has 'more apps'; interms of what please? It is just e-books,download textbooks,and video classes i need. Please tell me more.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 6:11am On Mar 05, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
what about lumia 1520?
Check for the specifications of the lumia 1520 and also make comparisons with others lumia. Thanks
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 6:15am On Mar 05, 2015
Ezibless:

I've fallen in love with lumia 720 already embarassed
Lemme check the spec for 930 and 730
Awesome and great decision or wait for lumia 640 or 640XL to be launch next month, just saying...
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by kollybay4u: 6:20am On Mar 05, 2015
Rexyl:

Among other things, do the listed have camera quality?
Great and awesome camera quality both back and front camera.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 6:31am On Mar 05, 2015
In terms of games and general apps.l
BeloHorizonte14:
Thank you sir. Android has 'more apps'; interms of what please? It is just e-books,download textbooks,and video classes i need. Please tell me more.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Springz(f): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2015
IIFY1:

But you cannot close some apps even if you wish.
Yup, but the point is reducing data consumption to the barest minimun, so obviously its not all apps gets closed.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by ITbomb(m): 7:40am On Mar 05, 2015
I don't understand all these talk about switching off data. If you keep your playstore on auto update then your data goes down. I'm beginning to think maybe android is a bit too technical for some people to understand.
Get a phone like infinix with inbuilt firewall, switch off auto update of app, and enjoy the power of Android
IIFY1:
Am loving my windows phone Lumia 625H.I LOST THE FIRST ONE, STILL WENT BACK FOR IT.For me it is very okay for my needs and above all, saves me from switching on and off of my data, I love getting instant messages, not getting messages only when I on my data.So depending on your usage sha, for me, windows all the way.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by ITbomb(m): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:

With android you can do more with your documents and video.
If you download a book from Internet with some numbers as file name, you can change that file name to something you can remember just like you do on desktop, it is almost impossible in Lumia.
There are certain videos format that cannot play on Lumia and your choice of video players are very limited, which means that if the inbuilt Lumia video player cannot play it then there is nothing you can do about it.
If you are the type that works on both laptop and phone, you should know that Android is the best in terms of establishing links and exchanging files either thru bluetooth or USB. When you plug in the USB, your files would be ready in less than 10 secs, not waiting for sync and dialog boxes.
Numerous low data charges options available for student life.
Since most of your friends would likely be using Android, collecting materials, books and educational softwares would be easier than being the odd man out.

Android is the best for students. Get a good android with good ram and battery, not all these N5 android around

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 05, 2015
ITbomb:
I don't understand all these talk about switching off data. If you keep your playstore on auto update then your data goes down. I'm beginning to think maybe android is a bit too technical for some people to understand.
Get a phone like infinix with inbuilt firewall, switch off auto update of app, and enjoy the power of Android

disabling updates of apps blocks you from new features ,security patches resolution of bugs, etc. it is not the way to go.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by ITbomb(m): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2015
oyb:

disabling updates of apps blocks you from new features ,security patches resolution of bugs, etc. it is not the way to go.

Have you ever read the "what's new" section of the update page, sometimes they just add language support for Mandarin as the only new feature and you download 30mb of the same app for nothing. Most times security patches are whoosh.

For me, I update manually on my data once in 3 weeks but anytime I see free Wi-Fi I update everything. I would never set my phone to be updating the same app five times in a week.

We shouldn't be slave to technology that forces us to do something whenever they make it available, smart people who uses smart phone only go for what is relevant for them.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 8:51am On Mar 05, 2015
ITbomb:

If you download a book from Internet with some numbers as file name, you can change that file name to something you can remember just like you do on desktop, it is almost impossible in Lumia.
There are certain videos format that cannot play on Lumia and your choice of video players are very limited, which means that if the inbuilt Lumia video player cannot play it then there is nothing you can do about it.
If you are the type that works on both laptop and phone, you should know that Android is the best in terms of establishing links and exchanging files either thru bluetooth or USB. When you plug in the USB, your files would be ready in less than 10 secs, not waiting for sync and dialog boxes.
Since most of your friends would likely be using Android, collecting materials, books and educational softwares would be easier than being the odd man out.

Android is the best for students. Get a good android with good ram and battery, not all these N5 android around
Thank you Sir. I appreciate
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Elxandre(m): 11:56am On Mar 05, 2015
ITbomb:

Lol..
I'm tired of people who have never used a windows phone giving incorrect opinions about them. angry

Who told you you can't rename files on windows phone?
Who said you can't watch any video format with them? I watch all movies on my phone and there has only been one single video that I've encountered any issues with!
No or maybe only few Android too can play all file formats without apps.
My phone pops up on the PC instantly after a USB connection.

Did you know WPs now features an official file manager?

The only reason I could pick up an Android right now is the more apps selection.

I mean my Lumia 520 surprises me with its fluidity after over a year and several heavy updates.

Make sure you know what's happening with windows phones before criticizing them.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Elxandre:

Lol..
I'm tired of people who have never used a windows phone giving incorrect opinions about them. angry

Who told you you can't rename files on windows phone?
Who said you can't watch any video format with them? I watch all movies on my phone and there has only been one single video that I've encountered any issues with!
No or maybe only few Android too can play all file formats without apps.
My phone pops up on the PC instantly after a USB connection.

Did you know WPs now features an official file manager?

The only reason I could pick up an Android right now is the more apps selection.

I mean my Lumia 520 surprises me with its fluidity after over a year and several heavy updates.

Make sure you know what's happening with windows phones before criticizing them.
please forgive my ignorance,going by this post, which OS is the way forward for a student?

I need a durable(in terms of not crashing under heavy use/software updates),reliable(rich in ''useful'',not by having more,and ''genuine'' apps),file sharing and downloads(all file formats). Thank you.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by LewisO: 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
Godvilla:
Buahahaha.............
Dats all iv got 2 say
Guy! Please can you help me with Etisalat 15 naira unlimited download? I need the code.

And again can it work for non-rooted device?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
LewisO:

Guy! Please can you help me with Etisalat 15 naira unlimited download? I need the code.

And again can it work for non-rooted device?

Thanks in advance!
The last time i checked the code aint working nomore.
but am still using it.....................
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Elxandre(m): 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
please forgive my ignorance,going by this post, which OS is the way forward for a student?

I need a durable(in terms of not crashing under heavy use/software updates),reliable(rich in ''useful'',not by having more,and ''genuine'' apps),file sharing and downloads(all file formats). Thank you.

let me ask, what is your budget?
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by LewisO: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
Godvilla:
The last time i checked the code aint working nomore.
but am still using it.....................

[size=15pt]Please help me now? [/size]
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by BeloHorizonte14: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
Elxandre:

let me ask, what is your budget?
70K to 90k.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Elxandre(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2015
BeloHorizonte14:
70K to 90k.
Just get an Android.

At 90k, you should be able to get an Android that won't get seriously bogged down with age and time. And you also get a superior app store.

I would only recommend windows phone for a newbie when shopping on budget. (mainly because of the app offerings)

I would suggest you get your hands on one of these windows phones and try them out first.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by KunAviero(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
Bebetter:

Dude. i'm very very curious about the lumia 535, read and heard it has some touch screen issues, please have you experienced this? and if not where did you purchase yours... i'm trying to get one asap.
The only touch problem it has is that it is very very allergic to water. The smallest dampness can make it impossible to use until it dries up, that's the only touch problem I've noticed and I bought @mtn shop, 24,500.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by martineverest(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Go get lumia 1520...its worth 87k @slot.
BeloHorizonte14:
70K to 90k.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
KunAviero:
The only touch problem it has is that it is very very allergic to water. The smallest dampness can make it impossible to use until it dries up, that's the only touch problem I've noticed and I bought @mtn shop, 24,500.

The update today has fixed the touch issue substantially.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by miketayo(m): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2015
ollah1:

Proof

proof? seriously? its general knowledge to users everwhr
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ezibless:

I've fallen in love with lumia 720 already embarassed
Lemme check the spec for 930 and 730
So.... Its u?
The lady in search of a phone!
Babe... Lemme advise u as a tech enthusist/expert, just quietly go for an Android phone to pervert stories dat touches the heart.
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2015
Godvilla:
So.... Its u?
The lady in search of a phone!
Babe... Lemme advise u as a tech enthusist/expert, just quietly go for an Android phone to pervert stories dat touches the heart.

Are you the one that replied previously?

Errrm... Is windows that bad?

I don't know why i refuse to believe sha
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ezibless:

Are you the one that replied previously?

Errrm... Is windows that bad?

I don't know why i refuse to believe sha
Windows phone's not soo bad but if u are one for counting ceiling wen u are bored, den windows is ur ideal choice.
If u wanna join in the trend and get up2 date.....
Inshort... android is good and beta dan windows
Re: Differences Between Android And Window Phones by Ezibless: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Godvilla:
Windows phone's not soo bad but if u are one for counting ceiling wen u are bored, den windows is ur ideal choice.
If u wanna join in the trend and get up2 date.....
Inshort... android is good and beta dan windows

You've used both?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guy Wins Etisalat Dance Challenge, Gets Brand New Car, Phone, Airtime For 1 Year / 8 Annoying Phone Habits Everyone Must Drop / Tecno L5 Price In Nigeria And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.